• Published 19th Oct 2012
  • 9,642 Views, 929 Comments

The Last Human - Blackdragn18



Humans were once in Equestria but they were all murdered except one

  • ...
110
 929
 9,642

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 8: Archives, Hydras, and Fliers, oh my!

Oh Bolas why? So I came to the Royal Canterlot archives to find out about this whole Luna thing. The problem is that these archives are HUGE! Anyway, based on what I know of Celestia she is about 1,189 years old. The one good thing about these archives is they are organized by year.


Wow this book told me all about Celestia’s life up to her 1000th birthday. Ok here is what I learned, apparently Celestia used to only play with the sun and she had a younger sister who played with the moon. Apparently she and her sister took over leadership of the ponies to get them to work together. Then what happened after they ruled for a while the ponies started to neglect Luna and her work and she got all angry and jealous. So then she went crazy and became Nightmare Moon which was a lame name, seriously who thought of that? Anyway, then Celestia used these hippy elements or something that overpowered Crybaby Moon and put her in the moon. Those are some scary rocks. Anyway, she is coming back in 890 something years.

Well I talked to Celestia about Luna that is when I realized ponies are stupid. Seriously they assume that the story is a myth. I mean come on, it has a princess who could move the sun and by the end looks like Celestia does currently and ended up moving the sun and moon. She was happy because she wanted me to know so she had someone to talk to. I don’t know why she didn’t just tell me but whatever.

Yes! I finally graduated, turns out that job was as a royal adviser.
Apparently I will attend meetings with her, help with decisions, help with the guards and military, go to royal events, and overall have lots of power in the government, and due to my military strength and over all power I am the final test for royal guards. Basically I will fight them and then decide if they were good enough to be guards.

Ugh bored. This year is my first year assessing guards, however before any of the fun we have to have the captain introduce each one and then give some speech about the history of the guards and all that.

Oh good I can start now.

Well that was rather uneventful. Most of those candidates were not all that tough. Of course I rated the ones that were the best highly and those get to become guards.

I finally get to see my first hydra! I have always wanted to see one in real life. I just hope they are not as disappointing like the ones I have seen in the Canterlot Archives. Those things are so stupid. I mean they are tall and thin; they are orange and walk like me.

Anyway, the reason I am gonna see one today is because there is a hydra attacking some town called Manehattan, this is supposed to be the nicest town just after Canterlot. So I am in my dragon form flying there. Interesting thing about my dragon form is that it is Lord Bolas’ form. However, my body is his younger form.
The differences are that my horns are not curved or very long, they are shorter and lightning bolt shaped, I also don’t have armor and I am smaller, I also lack his touch, acid breath, or frost breath. I am thinking that I will gain his look and powers as I go on in life.

There it is Manehattan. Wow that is one big creature, definitely a Hydra. It is green with a lighter green belly, it has six heads and luckily it is not the pony style hydra. It is rather snake and dragon-like, its legs are close to the front and it seems to sort of slither and walk at the same time when it moves, it has thin spikes along his back and three on each head. Each spike also has thin skin between each one; the last detail was its yellow eyes that seemed to glow. It was in a pretty cool pose too. You see this town is a lot of tall buildings and very populated which makes it rather crammed . So the hydra has its claws dug into one of the buildings and is just roaring a lot. It looks really awesome!

It is now time to fight him. I landed right behind it and roared. Luckily because of the mistakes of Ryusei and Kokusho I knew not to cut off any of the heads. I can see why it is tempting to cut these heads off, I mean these are really annoying it is really hard to hold off six heads when you only have four limbs. I managed to get one head under my foot. I then put all my
weight on it which cracked the skull and killed the head.

Sadly while I was focused on one head another got me on the arm. Fun fact, my regeneration is slower the larger my body is. I guess this is due to the fact there is more surface to heal or something. But it is pretty inconvenient right now!

I was able to get back at the head though because when it pulled back it left its blood dripping mouth open, so I shot one of the hottest and fastest fireballs I could manage. It went right into the mouth and exploded, all the skin on the head completely blew off and the head died. Though we have a problem, the bite is taking so long to heal I am losing a decent amount of blood. Gotta get this done.

I wrapped my tail around the neck of another and tightened to snap the neck. Ok these last two heads are putting up quite a fight one just bit my leg and another got the side of my neck. New plan, I took my tail and swept one of the legs. This made the thing fall and as it was trying to get up I broke one of the legs. I then walked up and one of the heads lunged at me, I tried a fire ball and instead I froze the head. That was pretty great! The last head I just snapped the neck.
By the end I was on the verge of passing out so I shrank to my human form and let the healing speed up.

So after the fight the ponies of Manehattan threw me a thank you party. Granted they did not like all the hydra and dragon blood in the roads and on the buildings and the hydra crushed a building, I think it adds character to the city. Afterwards while I was heading to the edge of town, I saw it, it was a green egg near the hydra body. I walked up and grabbed it, and then I looked at the hydra and realized they were the same color.
This must be the hydra’s egg. COOL MINE! That is one thing my dragon DNA does, I like to hoard things. So I grabbed the egg and headed home.

Wow that egg must have been close to hatching when I found it because after one week it hatched. I was surprised this little guy was as big as my hand and only had one head. Anyway appearance wise the little guy looked just like the other one without the spines or heads. Well when I showed him to Celestia she was not too happy she said it would be too dangerous when he got bigger and grew more heads. After a long debate she said I could keep him as long as I kept him in check. I am gonna call him Progenitus that was the name of the first hydra in human mythology. Also he was a friend of Lord Bolas

Well I get to finally go to this thing called the Grant Galloping Gala. I have no clue what a gala is but it sounds weird and weird sounding things are always fun, so whatever.

Wow this is boring all it is, is a bunch of rich snooty pony nobles who come up to greet Celestia then go to the ball room for some orchestra and other sort of fancy old boring stuff.

So it has been 8 years since I moved in with Celestia and there has been nothing interesting. The only eventful is that Progenitus grew another head now. He has also grown thin spikes along his body and he has three on each head and is
now as tall as me.

Though I did just meet this cool group of pegasi. They are some sort of flying team, they call themselves the Wonderbolts. Anyway I was walking through town when I saw them in their weird suits. They were blue and skintight with lightning bolts sewn in but they were really poorly done seriously I could do a better job and I broke the sewing wheel the one time I tried it, then it fell on my foot, then it out of nowhere just caught fire! And that is why Celestia says I am not allowed to sew anymore.

So anyway I saw them so I went up and spoke to them. They must have recognized me because they were instantly worshiping me. It was great! So I watched them do their little routine it was pretty good. So I offered to get them to perform for Celestia. They of course accepted my offer.
At dinner I told her all about them and she agreed to see them tomorrow.

Well I headed to their little clubhouse and told them I got it all set up. They were so thankful they said that if they became famous I was invited to every show and I would be treated well. I like these guys they are fun to hang around and they are pretty interesting. Plus I always liked the pegasi the best of the inferior races. Because unicorns I can just drain the magic from and they are no fun to fight anyway too serious. Earth Ponies are even easier because they lack any impressive skills. Pegasi fly around and can be hard to hit they are also decently fast.

Well they came to the palace and performed for Celestia. She must have liked because as soon as it ended she offered them the chance to perform at a royal event. It they did well they would be invited to perform at more. They accepted and due to this they got a lot more money. They told me they were gonna get an actual headquarters and better uniforms.

PreviousChapters Next