• Published 8th Feb 2013
  • 1,455 Views, 8 Comments

Pinkie On My Desktop - Zubric



What happens when Pinkie breaks the fourth wall into your computer? Read on to find out.

  • ...
6
 8
 1,455

Pinkieee!!

Pinkie on my Desktop

We all know Pinkie Pie's ability to break the fourth wall, right? Well, you’re never going to believe this, but Pinkie came for a visit inside my computer. Don't believe me? I'll tell you the whole story!

It started out as a usual late Friday night. I was browsing through FimFiction, when I heard an odd noise coming from one of my browser tabs. I looked up seeing to my surprise a small pink tail was sticking out from the bottom of it. As I leaned forward to get a better look, a pink head popped up out from behind the tab yelling, “Surprise!”

“Pinkie Pie!?”, I shouted; nearly jumping out of my seat.

“Yep, that's me,” she said, bouncing into the air before landing on top of the tab standing with her usually beaming smile. “You looked like you were bored. So I thought I would come by and visit,” she said, before her focus seemed to shift to looking around the screen with awe.

I must be dreaming. I thought for a moment quickly checking my taskbar. Desktop ponies wasn't turned on, and even if it was, it couldn’t do that! She was real!

Pinkie gazed downwards suddnely noticing something that caught her interest. “Ohh, you're reading fan fiction,” she said, hopping up and down in excitement. With a quick leap, Pinkie jumped off the tab and landed on the web page’s menu bar. “Is it about me? Oh please say it's about me!” Pinkie asked, resuming her hop as if she was some kind of bunny.

This can't really be happening. What in the world was in that soda I just drank. I thought watching in awe at the impossible sight of it all.

Within moments Pinkie smiled ear to ear her eyes reading the page. “Ohh, it's about me! Yay!” She squeed, dashing over to the rating bar and looked at it with joy. “And look at all the likes!” She said, clapping her hooves together. Before I could even blink, she climbed up onto the like bar and began to bounce on it like a trampoline. I watched dumbfounded as the bar warped moving up and down to match the pink pony's movements. Pinkie seemed to treat it like it was nothing and merely cheered as she kept bouncing.

I watched and went wide eyed as the bar suddenly snapped in half disappeared in a puff of pixelized smoke. As Pinkie flew into the air, she looked down seeing the now absent like bar. She stopped in mid-air staring down in shock. My eyes tracked her when she started to fall the pony letting out a hearty, “Wee!” When she reached the halfway point, she quickly pulled out an umbrella from her tail and opened it. Pinkie continued to beam as she floated the rest of the way down landing smoothly on my taskbar. She smiled up at me. “That was fun! Let's do it again!” she said, beofore cart-wheeling across the screen.

I still couldn't believe what I was seeing and just stared as my browser crashed. As It closed my pony filled desktop came visible to my guest. The image of Ponyville proudly displayed as my background.

Pinkie glazed up for a moment spotting the various folders darted about. She turned to face me grinned wide as she spoke, “Oh, so you're one of those obsessed bronies.”

I stared back at her with a hint of annoyance. “I am not,” I said, quickly grabbed my mouse, using my mouse pointer to poke the party pony that was invading my privacy.

“Quit it,” Pinkie said annoyed, making a dash across the screen as she retreated away from the cursor as fast she could. Before I could jab her again she dove into a nearby house with a flash of pink and disappeared from view.

I narrow my eyes darting around the screen in an attempt to find her. A second later, Pinkie popped her head out of one of the many windows, “Over here!" she taunts, as I raced my cursor over to grab her, only to have her dash back inside and reappear somewhere else. “Missed me!” She said giggling.

I zipped my mouse across the screen over and over in a desperate attempt to catch her but every time I got close enough to poke her, she would simply vanish and appear in another window, or door, or flowerpot of the Ponyville Desktop. I eventually gave up slumping back to take a breather, and said, “Okay, Pinkie, you win.”

Pinkie trotted out of Sugercube Corner with her usual grin on her face. “See, wasn't that fun?”

I smiled back nodding in reply. “Yeah, I guess it was.” Before I could comment further, Pinkie raced over to a few nearby icons and to my amusement started juggling them. The icons she had grabbed just so happened to be her and the rest of her friends. I tracked each icon as they were juggled finding myself smiling at the fun antics.

Pinkie was doing quite well for a while, that is, until she lost her balance. I watched as Pinkie frantically tried to catch her friends as they fell away from her, only to have them shatter against the Taskbar one by one. Pinkie dove for her icon as quick as she could as descended towards the ground. She slid like a baseball player to catch it but came up short by a few...pixels? Unlike the others, however, her icon popped like a balloon upon impact. Pinkie slammed her hoof against the taskbar. “Shoot, I was so close.”

A few seconds later, a few pink pixels rose from the deceased icon. I watched as the pixels glowed for a brief moment as reassembling into the form of another Pinkie Pie. In a panic, I threw my cursor at the clone.

The clone jumped as the cursor impacted her flank. "Hey what was-", the clone was abruptly cut off as it popped out of existence.

Pinkie looked at me, eyes narrowed. She seemed annoyed and a bit shocked. "Hey, what gives? Two Pinkies are better than one, you know!" she said, flailing her hooves in the air.

I looked at her shaking my head and replied, "Oh no, I'm not having Too Many Pinkie Pies happen on my computer.”

Pinkie stared back at me and said, "Oh come on, why not? It will be fun. You already know how it ends."

I leaned back on my chair running my hands down my face. Against my better judgment, I sighed and gave in. I leaned back to my computer and mumbled to myself, "I'm going to regret this." I grabbed my mouse and with a few clocks opened up Desktop Ponies. I selected Pinkie Pie from the menu and typed in 20.

Before I could click 'Okay', Pinkie jumped up blocking the way. "20? Oh come on, 30 Pinkies is way more fun."

I just stared back at her in shock. "30, you're kidding, right?"

Pinkie smiled at me with big puppy eyes. "Oh, what harm would ten more do, please?", she said; sinking her lip down and making the daww factor skyrocket.

I eventually couldn’t take any more after looking at her wide eyes. "Okay, okay. Just put those away. I can't take anymore cute."

Pinkie bounced with joy. "Do It!!!"

I clicked the 'Go' button, and, as you can imagine, chaos ensued. I watched as the program exploded like a volcano; spewing out Pies in every direction. The screen was soon overrun with Pinkie clones doing all sorts of things. One group was playing volleyball with my recycling bin. A bunch of them had dumped the contents of some of my folders and were swimming around in them. I saw one group parading around Ponyville; each with a different instrument. As my eyes keep racing around the screen, I spotted a small Rainbow Dash in the corner of my monitor. She was in the fetal position and seemed to be muttering to herself. I leaned closer hearing her mutter, "Make it stop, make it stop."

I leaned back once more and merely observed the chaos of what was happening which continued on for about a minute or two before the swarm of Pinkies stopped and seemed to focus on something. I watched as all the clones tails began to twitch in unison. They all looked at each other and said, "Something is going to fallllllllllll" They all froze; repeating the last syllable over and over when suddenly, from the top of the screen came a giant wall of blue as it smashed down. I saw a text on it and knew exactly what it was. My computer had just blue screened.

For a second, I thought it was all over, but just as I was reached to force my computer to reboot, I saw Pinkie’s flank wiggling free from underneath the screen. I watched as she pulled her body out from underneath and shook her head. The pony’s gaze trailed up before a sheepish grin came upon her face. "Oops!"

My chin dropped as I failed to comprehend my mind was blown by what had just transpired Pinkie sheepishly looked back at me again as she moved toward the edge of the monitor. She peeked at her tail before suddenly pointed in the opposite direction. "Look a blind bag pony!"

I shot my head away falling for the trick as I looked away. This was all the time Pinkie needed as she pulled out a doorknob, and opened a door out that lead to nowhere. I watched helplessly as she ran out before peeking her head out. "Byeee!", she said, before shutting the door making it vanish instantly into thin air.

I threw my hands up and shouted, "PINKIE PIIIIEEEE!"

Comments ( 6 )

:applejackconfused: MMMMMMMMkayyy... Have a like.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAA:rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh: oh my god that was funny:rainbowlaugh:poor rainbow though but i still like it keep up the good work:twilightsmile:
'Hey look at-':pinkiehappy:
OH GOD:applejackconfused:

Pinkie pie has escalated her priviliges.

Reminds me of Animator VS. Animation

where this stick figure is fighting against every icon and the user

I have a feeling Discord was behind this....

<LoL!> That was super fun! Definitely exceeded my expectations by miles. Very well written and cleverly presented.

Fave part was her with the "Blue Screen of Death". I'd definitely appreciate a pony coming out from under that miserable thing. :)

Login or register to comment