• Member Since 23rd Oct, 2012
  • offline last seen Yesterday

AlwaysDressesInStyle


No way of knowing, where we'll be going, our adventures never end.

E
7

1,651 miles. Five states. One rambunctious filly.

The nice thing about traveling with Petunia Paleo is that it's easy to find activities we both enjoy. For example, the dinosaur exhibit at the Milwaukee Public Museum.

I think she'll like the Greenfield park memorializing NASCAR champion Alan Kulwicki. It's a trip down memory lane for me, and the perfect place to let my earth pony passenger get the 'I've been cooped up in a car and then a hotel for days' out of her system. Especially since we still have over eight hundred miles to drive before we get home.

This story dedicated to Alan Dennis Kulwicki, December 14, 1954 – April 1, 1993.

Pre-read & edited by Admiral Biscuit & Wanderer D

Chapters (1)
Comments ( 9 )

RIP Marvelous Underbird...

You did a story for Alan but not for the winningest stock car driver with the best name, Dick Trickle?

11775116

It saddens me that Trickle isn't in the Wisconsin Athletic Hall of Fame. I can understand why he's not in the NASCAR Hall of Fame (most of his wins weren't in NASCAR-sanctioned events), but being the all-time winningest racecar driver should be worth being in his home state's hall of fame.

I'd love to see Trickle's statue in Rudolph Community Park. Maybe someday!

11775226
I am from Wisconsin Rapids and had the chance to meet him many times. My Dad and Dick used to have coffee in the afternoon at a place called The Swiss Cottage sometimes when Dad worked the 7-3 shift at the paper mill. The wife of one of his pit crew worked there ( the guy who mixed the purple paint for Trickle's Mustang). I have been to his memorial in Rudolph (his actual hometown) and it is impressive and informative. If i can figure of how to post pictures, I'll try post some.

11775370

I am from Wisconsin Rapids and had the chance to meet him many times.

That's awesome! I'm jealous. I've met a few drivers over the years but Dick wasn't one of them. :fluttercry:

If i can figure of how to post pictures, I'll try post some.

Please do! I would love to see them!

"Kulwicki died in 1993, Gant retired in 1994"
""Kulwicki died in 1993, Gant retired in 1994"?

"to some litter laying on the ground"
"to some litter lying on the ground"?

"trying anything to in a futile attempt to reverse"
"trying anything in a futile attempt to reverse"?

Thanks for writing!

Added to
Admiral Biscuit's Fleet (group)
Signal Boosters (folder)

:pinkiehappy:

Petunia's talk about Earth pony hooves vs human hands was cute.
Moments like that where two sentient species can talk about differences and mull over them make for fun story interludes.

Login or register to comment