• Published 15th Oct 2023
  • 311 Views, 19 Comments

It’s A Wonderful Life - Artist



Applejack and Stevie had been dating for a year, will they get married now??

  • ...
21
 19
 311

The wedding

Author's Note:

This is written entirely from the point of view of Stevie.

I wanted to try and get creative with this chapter, so I decided to write it from Stevie’s point of view.

I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Stevie’s point of view.

It’s been eight months since I proposed to Applejack and she said yes, lucky me, today I’m getting married to the most honest pony I know.

Apple Bloom told me that the wedding was to take place at Sweet Apple Acres that’s where I am right now, sitting in my room.

Yesterday Twilight had given me a spell that would temporarily restore my vision, I was happy, but Twilight warned me that it was only temporary.

I told her it was no big deal, truth is, I’m scared, not because of my vision, but because I get to see for the first time the pony I’m marrying.

A knock on the door brings me out of my thoughts.

“Come in!” I call.

“You ready?” Apple Bloom’s voice asks.

“Not really!” I say.

“You better not be leavin’ my sister at the altar, she’d be heartbroken!” Apple Bloom says as she comes closer.

“I’m scared, Apple Bloom, I don’t know what to do!” I say.

I feel Apple Bloom’s hoof around my shoulder.

“Don’t worry about it, you’ll do fine!” she says before getting up and walking out, once I hear her voice fade, I let out a heavy sigh and flop to the bed.

The spell that Twilight had given me wouldn’t take effect until the wedding started so I had plenty of time with my thoughts.

Then there came another knock on the door.

“Come in,” I grumbled from underneath my pillow.

I heard Moonwalker’s hoof steps on the wooden floors, he was my best friend.

“Come on, we gotta go!” Moonwalker approached my bed.

“But!!” I start to protest as Moonwalker attempts to get me up.

“Don’t tell me you’re scared, you love her, don’t you?” Moonwalker asks when he finally gets me up on my hooves.

“Yeah!” I say, not looking at anything particular.

“Well, then come on!” Moonwalker insists.

I let out a heavy sigh and left my room with Moonwalker following me.

When we arrived in the kitchen, I could hear Granny Smith preparing some food.

“You look good, Stevie!” I heard Granny say as she hobbled over to me to admire my tuxedo.

From her reaction, I assumed Rarity did a pretty good job with my tuxedo.

I knew that back on Earth my family would be proud of me, but I also knew I would never see them again, thinking about my family makes me sad, thinking about everything I’ve lost.


Out in the orchard at Sweet Apple Acres, Twilight was performing the ceremony, and Ray was standing beside me at the altar, I decided for him to be the best stallion, we had made amends three weeks ago.

As if on cue, the spell that Twilight had performed let me see what was in front of me, the first thing I saw was Applejack, she was stunning, she wore a white satin dress with her signature cowboy hat and some cowboy boots on.

“Wow, you look gorgeous!” I whispered to her.

I could see that she was blushing and smiling, as I turned to my right, I saw Apple Bloom standing beside her sister, clearly she had been crying, and there were tears in her eyes.

I looked out at the Orchard to see all the Apple family and the rest of Twilight’s friends, sitting in two rows of benches.

As Twilight gave her speech, I got lost in Applejack’s eyes, I must’ve been the luckiest stallion in Equestria and beyond.

I was happy to be getting married, but at the same time, I was sad that I had lost everything that I knew from that accident.

My new life in Equestria was better than my old one on Earth, yes, I was famous on Earth but I would also be famous in Equestria again.

“Do you, Stevie take applejack to be your lawfully wedded wife, in sickness, and health, until death, do you part?” Twilight asked me, shaking me out of my thoughts.

“I do!” I answered.

“Applejack, do you take Stevie to be your lawfully wedded husband, in sickness and in health, until death, do your part?” Twilight asked Applejack.

Applejack smiled as she looked at me.

“Yes, I do!” She smiled.

“May I have the rings please?” Twilight asked Spike who was standing off to the side, with two diamond rings embedded in a cushion.

Spike held up the pillow with the rings and Twilight levitated one for each of us, she placed one around my hoof and the other one around Applejack’s neck.

“By the power vested in me, as princess of friendship I pronounce you husband, and wife, you may kiss the bride!” Twilight smiled as I kissed my new wife.

Her lips felt so soft, I had forgotten how good it was to kiss some pony, I hadn’t done it since I came to Equestria.

All of the Apple family through their hats in the air and shouted in celebration.


“So how’s it feel to be married?” Apple Bloom asked me as we stood at the punch bowl.

“Not bad!” I responded putting my sunglasses back on, the spell that had given me my vision had worn off.

“I’m happy for you, you’re part of the family now!” Apple Bloom’s voice said as she hugged me.

“Hey Stevie, you did good today, I’m proud of you!” I heard Moonwalker’s voice behind me.

“Thanks!” I say blushing a little.

“You’re welcome!” Moonwalker grinned, as he walked away.

I was left on my own with my thoughts once again.

“Hey Stevie, get on over here.” I heard Ray’s voice coming from the dance floor.

I heard music and decided to see what that was all about, I walked over to the dance floor.

“Come on, lover boy!” Applejack said, pulling me onto the dance floor.

I’m not one for dancing, I was more one for singing but for Applejack's sake, I decided to dance just this once.

They played my favorite song, and for once it wasn’t one of mine, the song they played was called Amazed.

Applejack spun me around before dipping me.


After the reception me and my new wife got into a carriage and road off to our honeymoon, with Applejack sitting beside me, that’s all I wanted.

I got told that there was a just “married sign” hanging from the back of the carriage, I smiled as I put my hoof around Applejack.

"So this is what married life is like?" I thought to myself.

Comments ( 9 )

So he is alone in his room after the reception? I see a marriage that is going to fall apart rather quickly here.

11743298
Yeah, some marriages don’t have a honeymoon, for example, when my dad got married to my stepmom, they didn’t have a honeymoon either.

I changed it so it would flow a bit better.

Hope you enjoy it, and I hope you still don’t think that marriage wall fall apart because it won’t.

This is a nice slice of life story. I enjoyed reading it.

11752325 You are welcome.

What a Wonderful World.🙏

11815434
I had not even realized that you had commented, did you at least enjoy the story?

11816931
No. I never read it. Never will. I only did that for comedy and because the title reminded me of the song.

11816946

You really need to watch out when you pull these type of pranks on people people might not like that, I don’t like that.

No. I never read it. Never will.

That was rude.

Login or register to comment