• Published 15th Sep 2023
  • 1,443 Views, 44 Comments

Raven’s Last Flight - Chemtest



An ancient Necromancer is kidnapped by Chrysalis along with three other fillies

  • ...
7
 44
 1,443

Conclusion

“Raven’s Journal: Month Three, Day Twenty-Six.

It has been three months since I moved to Sweet Apple Acres, three long, brilliant months. Sometimes it feels a bit odd to see these colorful horses and think of them as family, but life is odd, isn’t it? Family is no different. Big Mac, Granny Smith, Bloom, Applejack, they’re all odd in their own ways, even the dog and cows are odd, but so am I. I must admit as well, sometimes the family can be annoying. Granny Smith is half changeling and can choose to be whatever age she wishes to be, which makes it a tad bit annoying when she is slowed down by age. Apple Bloom has no sense of danger or self preservation, especially since I protected her from Celestia’s sunbeam, which is worrying and annoying. Applejack is stubborn like none I’ve met before… except Chrysalis, she’s a close second. And Big Mac is generally quiet enough that it’s hard to classify him as a pony and not a moving bundle of muscles.

But I’ve grown to love them all, and they’ve grown to love me. It’s something about this world that’s different from Earth, perhaps its due to the herd mentality within equines, but they’re much more accepting of new ponies than humans are, and they’re much closer. Of course, I’m an equine, and I could feel this effect on me as well. It was more than just a good joke and a scientific mind that made me change so quickly, it was my new biology and new herd mentality. It’s no coincidence that I warmed up so quickly to the Crusaders, or them to me, instead it was the innate herd mentality within me. Why did I accept them as friends so quickly? Why did they get me to laugh more than any other? Part of it is that they are funny and endearing, yes, but another part of that is the biological calling.

Often I have wondered, why am I a pony and not another species? The Griffons seem much closer to humanity than the ponies are, fighting amongst each other over gold and glory, only unified due to a shared belief in gods and a strong ruler. They have nobles, clergy, Burghers, knights, and peasantry, much different from the noble-worker divide of Equestria. They even have a name close to that of the Holy Roman Empire, the Holy Griffonian Empire, with equally snide, arrogant, and yet brilliant rulers as the empire of the Goths. The Griffon lack any herd mentality, and they lack the love for peace that ponies have, with their history filled with conquests and colonization, of Zebrica and Minotauria, and even Equestria itself. They are predators by nature, they kill all that they wish, they are vicious and prideful creatures, much like how I was. So why was I not a Griffon?

I believe it was on purpose, by Clover the Clever, the enigma of a mage. I have visited the local library many times, and the librarian, Miss Sparkle, has told me much of Clover herself. It turns out that Clover the Clever is a clone of the strongest mage to ever live, Starswirl the Bearded, who was so strong that he was able to cast Sirins into another dimension (into Greece, if I were to guess). She lived as his daughter, right along another clone, Starburst, and while Starburst inherited a love for the use of magic, Clover inherited a love for the learning of it. She spent much of her life traveling the world, documenting the lands, and many journals even include her seemingly seeing into the future. To put it simply, she was a very, very powerful mage, one who wanted me to be here.

I think Clover saw a vision of the Beast destroying this world, the very same vision I saw in my dreams, yet I think she also saw a way to avoid that future. She must have, for I stand here writing, and am not a pile of ash. She seems to be the only one strong enough, and smart enough, to create a spell of resurrection to capture my soul from Earth and bring me here. However, I have a feeling that I’m not done with her yet. That I’m not going to be able to live a normal life.

The Beast, Entropy, it’s coming for us all eventually. Clover wishes to stop it, protect this world, where nobody else ever could, and somehow I play a part in that. Somehow, I help stop it, I don’t understand how. And I’ve spent too much time thinking about it. All I can remember is that one dream I had, with the Griffon, and the alicorn, Luna. I’ve looked for them.

Luna went west, towards the lands of Purrsia, Saddle Arabia, Centauria, and Donkania, and while there- ah, it would seem the Crusaders want to go find my mark once again. It’s for the best, no matter what happens in the end, no matter what is my destiny, and what’s planned for me.

No matter what, I’m finally alive again.”

END OF ACT ONE: ORDER.

Author's Note:

So, for those who are thinking this story seems a bit short, yes, it is a bit short. Part of this is because I’m feeling more and more excited for the next stories in this series, and part of it is because I’m saving the second part of Raven’s journey for a final story.

This is the first in a new series I’m doing, keep an eye out for them as they come out
1: Raven’s story, Order.
2: Luna’s story, Chaos.
3: Currently unnamed Griffon, Harmony.
4: Final story.

Comments ( 2 )

:pinkiehappy: okay~ that was nice

Necromancer->Apple farmer

What a job change!
But he cannot complain about it, can he?
You’re lucky to get a job in this kind of zombie economy.

Login or register to comment