• Published 28th Sep 2012
  • 1,784 Views, 77 Comments

Tugging at my undead heartstrings - Fimbulvinter



Lyra and Bon-bon are forced to adapt to life as vampires

Comments ( 20 )

1604092 It was meant to be that Rarity had been a vampire for 3 years before Sweetie had found out. Long enough for her to have learned control

God damn, I really love this story. Was this ever in the Featured list?

2004582 Thanks for the kind word. Makes it all worthwhile

None of my stories have ever been featured.

What have read now has gone through multiple rounds of post publication editing. It was a garbled mess at first.

I will be returning to this series in the next few months.

What did you like about it specifically. I need to know what to try and carry over to a new narrative.

2004682 well, it was all very real. No holes were barred (or unexplored, if you catch my drift) in giving main characters heavy changes. Nowadays, a roundabout character would stay the same for an extreme amount of time, and they would never get injured, captured, the whole nine yards; too generic. Bon-Bon died in the third chapter..? BRILLIANT! A sudden turn of events (Twi turning, the teacher dieing, etc.) is something a lot of fictional stories, cover-bound or not, are lacking SEVERELY.

(Plus, major plot points were tied in with the surreal nature of the show itself, giving off a very believable 'dark side', so to speak.)

2032836 Thanks, Glad you enjoyed it.

Check out Octavia's companion story if you haven't already The melody of Revenge

I'm working on the ideas for a sequel at the moment and will begin writing once my current round of stories are done.

You just made vampyres 20% cooler.

2039211 As I think I mentioned, I was getting fed up with stories of Vampires who don't want to act like it.

They can still eat food despite not having a fuctional digestive system, still need to breathe, only need tiny amounts of blood so they can still remain as good characters who don't kill.

I wanted a story where the vampires acted like vampires; they see the world as one large bloodbank.
I could have done a story where Lyra and Bon-Bon were tourtured souls trying to reconcile their damned nature with their desire to retain their former lives, but I thought 'No, screw that. They are Vampires now and they are going to enjoy it, all of it."

I think that if you were to "unponiefy" it that this could be one of those super selling novel/movie series.

This was very well done probably one of the best vamp flicks I've seen in years, especially when the vamps in the modern fiction are all emotional and sparkly.

There was one good albeit low budget movie "Vampire Diary" not "The Vampire Diaries" it is done in that "found footage, documentary" style but it worked.

2684045 Glad you enjoyed this. This was meant to be my attempt to reclaim the dignity of the traditional vampire away from the modern sparkly emos; to show Vampires who are at peace with their need to feed and enjoy themselves.

You may be interested to know that a full multi chapter sequel is in the works at the moment and will pick up directly from the events of this story.

2684056 I most certainly am going to wait for more and tomorrow I will read the 'Tavi' story.

If you are interested in a good vamp flick try to find "Vampire Diary".

2684075 Once you are done with 'Tavi's story, would you be interested in taking a look at the first couple of chapters for the sequel. I want to get some opinions before I get too far ahead.

Tugging at my undead heartstrings II - The Belle Tolls for Thee

2684215 Unfortunately, my editing skills are minimal at best but I'll still give it a look.

2924329 This was my second story ever, back when I didn't know anything about writing and thought that pumping out a new chapter every day was normal. I'm not going to post a shitstorm about this, because back when I wrote it, most of what you said would have been true.

I think I'm doing a bit better now in terms of character depth and plot detail. I'm up to writing chapter 4 of the sequel, and it is almost the same length as this entire story.

2997045 Well there is plenty more as this story has both a prequel and a sequel for your reading pleasure.

2924557
Sorry about my... Well... rage... As I said, I was dumb enough not to realize that you had improoved like, Amazingly, in the meantime :fluttercry:

Love the story ive been awake for the past few hours reading this fic and I love it

4596917 I agree with the editor part. This was only my second attempt at doing a story, and my experience back them was minimal prior to this.

6150241 another 3 limbs and he'll call it a draw.

9093520
its heavily implied the skitzo vampire is fakeing it, the only way it seems to regain that part of oneself is to weaken the curse, which is why certain thinbloods can feel pleasure, or eat, or even have children.

edit: that said no way to know for sure i suppose...perhaps its some unique little mindtrick she came up with, or a dark spell that twists the curse a new way...da know...wed have to ask her and um....i dont like spending any longer in the room with that one then i have to.

9093520
Are you still around

Login or register to comment