• Published 2nd Apr 2023
  • 376 Views, 18 Comments

For the Star Swan - Odd_Sarge



Celestia receives a letter. An old kind of letter. The kind of letter she could hold in her hooves. If only she had the heart to open it.

  • ...
1
 18
 376

The Star Swan

Star Swan, Star Swan,
Thank you for the day!

I’d like more of
the good you send my way!

I want green grass,
I want skies blue,
I want the other stars,
To see you the way I do!

Star Swan, Star Swan,
Please, spread your wings!

I want to see you rise,
And bring your sunshine!

I want friends and magic,
I want songs and laughter,
I want your love with me,
So you’ll share our ever-after!

Star Swan, Star Swan,
Don’t be late!

I know you’ll be here tomorrow,
But I’m glad you’re here today!

I’m glad you’re here today.

Author's Note:
Comments ( 12 )

Just beautiful. This was a profoundly moving piece of pony science fiction. For all the complexities in your descriptions of a Future!Equestria's development, there's something really personal and emotional at the core that grounds it all.

Lovely to see more Cypress content, too, as always.

I was thinking 'What a Wonderful World' (Louis Armstrong) for background music ... :pinkiehappy:

While I'm not familiar with source material (yet), there is something very moving and inspirational here. Thank you for that

11545619
It means a lot to me, too. Thanks for all of your support through the universe of Cypress.
11545635
That is very much a fitting tune.
11545719

I'm not familiar with source material

This story captures a lot of the tone and themes for Cypress Zero. The thoughts and actions of the characters are definitely intended to inspire, and I'm glad that came through.
Thank you for reading, and all your kind words.

This was both heart-warming and sad, but luckily so, more of the former than the latter. I've not familiarized myself with the universe this takes place in, but from what little I've seen it's ripe with detail, care, thought and heart and I think I'll go give this Cypress zero a read.
Melancholy, that's the word, I think. The best way to describe a universe like this, one that moves on without you, but does so because you've given it the gift of choice in doing so. Yet there's hope in the endless depths of space, in that even so very far away, there are those that remember the day.

Thank you for a wonderful read, It felt quite profound to me and I'll be looking forward to seeing more like this. ^^

11546577
I greatly appreciate comments like this. It means a whole lot for you to lay out your thoughts. Doubly so when it matches the kind of emotions I wanted felt.

Happy to write for you. Thanks for reading

After reading both the storys of this verse I have to say... WELL DONE!!!! They are both heartwarming and keeps one wanting to read more. With what you have done in these stores make quite the impression for many more stories, and spinoffs. I hope to see more stories of this verse.

11552957
Thank you very much. I’ll probably get back to this one in time, but for now, I’m very happy to hear your words. Thank you for reading!

Oh my Sweet Celestia, Cypress Zero sequel. Much squeeing Can't wait to read it. :heart::twilightblush:

I know you’ll be here tomorrow,
But I’m glad you’re here today!

I’m glad you’re here today.

Celestia really is now in the position that Luna once was, though she humbly debases herself rather than fall into resentment. so of course Luna sees and understands this, and gives Celestia what would have been exactly what she needed all those years ago, beautiful. thank you for the entry. i will have to read the prequel one day!

This is pretty nice.

Login or register to comment