• Published 7th Jul 2023
  • 1,618 Views, 116 Comments

Go With the Flow - GusThePolarBear



The adventures of a seapony named Flowing, her fisherpony lover, and the bounty-hunter chasing them.

Comments ( 29 )

Such a lovely, lovely story.

There’s so much good to talk about here. From the compelling adventure itself, to the thrilling and absolutely flourishing romance between Star and Flowing, to the just perfect use of Tempest, and all the wonderful characters in-between. It’s been such a fantastic read and enjoyable journey. I love the way you brought their story to life from just a little fishing trawler escapade, and I love the themes of friendship that come into play strongest in this great, tidy ending.

Thank you for writing, it was wonderful to go with the flow.

Absolutely amazing story!

its done already?
:c

Kinda sad that this is done now, though it was very good, probably one of my all-time favorites on this site. I do hope we'll get to see more of these two and their adventures in the future though.

11702820
You probably will eventually, I just have a few other projects on the backburner I wanna focus on for the time being. Thank you for your kind words, they really mean a lot.

You succeeded
:moustache: The Captain was a mighty sailor pone
:duck: The first mate was a fish
:rainbowlaugh: The little one were all sardines
:pinkiehappy: The boats name was You Wish
:ajsmug: A storm came by and sunk the boat
:facehoof: Tempest raised a fist
:derpytongue2: But that is not the writers style
:ajsmug: Alone on Giligans Isle

11702821
You're welcome. :twilightsmile:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again; I loved this story, and I loved these characters. I think you fully succeeded in making an excellent continuation, and I do hope to see more of this duo eventually.

I'll say this much; if your other works hadn't earned a follow on what you're putting out, then this sure as anything more than earned an interest in seeing more! I'm glad you had a fun time writing this, and it was definitely a fun ride to be riding along with.

Here's to more, in whatever avenue comes next!

well, i for one think you did a fantastic job. adding it to my list of keepers. such a pleasant change to see such a well written story actually completed. thank you for sharing your adventure with us. :twilightsmile:

This is one of my favorite storys on this side in the last years. The other races and seaponies expacially are highly underrepresentated, even if there are so muss differences between creatures to work with. You have a good writing style and brought the characters to life, the story is nicely concluded, not too long and reads really well. As for the transition between clopfic and story/drama, I think that worked out pretty ok even if it's a bit of a stretch between story types.

Keep up the good work!

I really enjoyed this story. Great job! Ending with Tempest was very well done.

I happen to like the "porn with a plot" genre, so kudos for pulling off such an excellent job :D.
Every time a new update appeared on my feed, I got happy to see these two on their adventure again, and when smexy times occasionally happened you were like: "Oh right... this is suppose to be clop..." XD

The only thing I wished I saw was maybe a bonus chapter or epilogue of Tempest and Cirrus, the chemistry between these two are amazing and the way they are written could almost be seen as canon to the movie since nothing in their story conflicts it.

I'm sure everyone here won't be against a spin-off story of these two in the same "bonding adventure/cute tsudere romance/eventual-romantic-clop" style as this story. ;)

Great story and writing. I liked Star and Flow both, but I think you did an amazing job writing Tempest/ Fizzlepop.

So cute! And lovely. 😘
Came because smut, stayed because plot! It's been real fun.

Fav, loved this it was great

Sorry for the late post, but I wanted to say not only was I happy with the story and ending, but I wanted to announce my excitement for your future stories! I was surprised when you first dropped this story's announcement, and even more thrilled to find it good. Enjoy the rest of the year, and enjoy that well deserved break.

Ah, it is a delight that the epilogue included both Cirrus and reference to meeting back with Fishcake to let him know it all worked out. Really ties everything up neatly with no loose ends, I'm happy for it.

This was a fun read: high-adventure with a distinctly 'pony' flair, alive with good intentions from strangers and villains without bloodlust. Thank you for it.~

Now for the sequel, where the happy couple give Cirrus romantic advice to court the oblivious and still-tight-wound Tempest.:rainbowkiss:

Man, what a fucking blast. I'm so eternally grateful that Star and Flowing grew stronger with each obstacle thrown their way instead of having some chummy scene where they have to "break up" or whatever.

You're fantastic when it comes to writing their chemistry as lovers, and it becomes even more apparent when compared to Tempest's crippling loneliness. Having those opposite ends of the spectrum played so well into each other, and really showed off your skills as a writer to thread both sides into a single story.

Well done, man.

Great story! Have a like and fav!

Perfect story. 10/10

Adding it to my favorites, and keeping an eye out for some reconciliation/romance for Tempest/cirrus.

I don't know what I expected when going into this fic at first, but I sure as hell didn't think I'd find one of the best damn little stories I've read on Fimfic. Everything was really well- executed, from character development to painting a believable slice of Equestria. Pacing was perfect- nothing felt rushed or too slow. Your Tempest was one of the best renditions of her I've ever read- faithful to the canon, yet so much more- conflicted, unsure of her own true motivations yet still finds a good ending for herself.
Thanks for writting this. I didn't know how much I needed it.

11633523
69k words, did you plan that ? :trollestia:

11760267
Nope, although I was tempted to push it to 70k when I saw the wordcount getting close, only to stop myself as I realized that 69k was even better.

11763894
Thank you <3

Just finished reading and I think you did a fantastic job! Like you said it can be a challenge to bring characters from a one shot fic into something longer, but you did a fonominal job. I con honestly say this is now one of my favorite fics on this site (and I'm very picky!). I've read a lot of fics on my time here and VERY few manage make it to that tier. All in all keep up the amazing work and I hope these two will have more adventures to share with us soon. :raritywink:

This story was amazing. I think it being derived from a one-shot helped it out a lot too.

By showing how much these two lovingly enjoyed eachother so much in the clopfic I think your set up a much better store that ends up hitting all the right notes at all the right times.

I'd love to read the follow-up story with Cirrus and Fizzle. I really loved the intereactions between those two. Maybe have Star and Flow in there as side characters. I think you have a lot of potential with the world building you did with the Celestia Sea region.

I can't think of a single negative criticism with this story. I enjoyed it from beginning to end. Keep up the good work.

You are fucking awesome.

11841464
Your comment really brightened my day, thank you kindly.

I hope to have something new on here soon, though it likely won't be connected to this story. Though of a similar 'lewd but wholesome' variety because that seems to be all I'm capable of writing

I have a pressing need.

I need you to remove one word. Just one. From literally anywhere in the story.

We are so close to perfection. An inch away from greatness.

11862297
Was wondering when someone would notice that, lol

Login or register to comment