• Published 1st Jan 2023
  • 1,207 Views, 30 Comments

A Royal Visit - Mystic Sunrise



Equestria has changed much since Twilight took the throne. Today, she visits one such change.

  • ...
21
 30
 1,207

Afterthoughts

"I wasn't expecting two alicorns today. Let alone both Paladins as well," Queen Haven chuckled, as everyone relaxed in one of the side rooms of the palace. "It is quite the honor, Princess Luna."

Luna waived it off. "The pleasure is all mine, your highness. I have long been a fan of your daughter's music." She harumphed and pouted. "Tis harder to get tickets than I had thought it would be."

Twilight rolled her eyes, as Zipp caught a fainting Pipp, a wide smile on the younger's face. "If I had known, Luna, I would have gotten you one. It was all over Equestria. Everyone in Canterlot was talking about it."

Zipp looked out toward Silver Shoals. "Princess Celestia didn't want to come?"

Luna cackled. "Ha! Tia wouldn't know good music if the fate of the universe depended on it. No. She is off visiting Cadance and Flurry Heart at the moment. On purpose of course. Flurry is also a fan of Miss Petals."

Pipp looked like she might explode from the sheer excitement of knowing just how many royal fans she had. Her Pippsqueaks would love this.

Off to the side, Pearl was already bored, while 'Amber' snickered beside her. It was days like that she wondered why she'd thought joining the Royal Guard had been a good idea. But here she was.

A persistent urge to beat the ever-living horseapples out of Kohaku would not leave her alone, however. Which was odd. Not only had he not done anything to earn her ire. But Luna and Twilight would both kill her.

Plus, this was the first Paladin. Someone who Pearl had idolized her entire life. Meeting her had been a dream come true. It still was. She would not mess this up by doing something stupid now. Even if she did, Kohaku could easily rip her to pieces if he wanted to.

Pearl might not have been the smartest pony in her class. But even she knew better than that.

"Was it worth it?" Amber asked, giving her a sideways look.

Pearl blinked. "What?"

Amber smirked. "Was it worth it in the end? You bound yourself, body and soul, to Twilight for all time. It mattered little for me and Luna, since both of us will live forever. But now you will as well. It is part of our oath."

Pearl thought about that for a moment, before nodding. "It was worth it. I grew up listening to your stories. It's been my fillyhood dream to be her Paladin. I don't care how powerful she is. She needs someone there at her side at all times. Cadance and Flurry Heart don't have that. I can see it's driven them mad Shining refused the honor, though from what I understand, he earned several times over."

Amber nodded. "Oh yes. For his many faults, Prince Shining Armor well and truly earned his title of Captain of the Guard, and Prince of the Crystal Empire." He chuckled. "Being a goofball and all."

The pair chuckled, as Twilight joined them. "I see you two are getting along quite well," she smiled.

Amber nodded, stretching. "Oh yes. Once I got Rosie here to lighten up a little, there is a heart inside of all that tough girl and blustering."

Pearl snorted as the others joined them as well. "I must ask, Miss. Rose," Haven asked, pausing for a moment, before pushing forward. "You are the heir of the Storm Family, am I right?"

Pearl nodded. "Yeah. For all that it means now. I'm not getting into either Mom's or Dad's business. Whether they like it or not. They did say something about having another kid though, and I'd love to be a big sister," she grinned.

Everyone chuckled. "I ask because there are several members of the founders of Zephyr Heights with that name as well," Haven continued.

Zipp nodded. "I think one of them even helped designed the palace."

Pearl sighed. "Yeah. Some of my ancestors were part of the founders. There's a reason why though. But it's a family secret, and no offense, but royalty or not. You don't need to know about it."

Twilight laid a wing around her shoulders, while Luna and Amber both nodded. Luna had some idea, for she remembered particular dreams from that time period from members of the family.

Haven looked to Twilight, who only shook her head sadly. "I see. They are well respected here if it matters at all."

Pearl didn't say anything, but the dark look in her eyes said this was not a subject she wanted to be discussing. Haven took the hint, thankfully, and smiled. "Be that as it may, you are all welcome to stay for as long as you like." She smiled to Luna. "Personally, I always liked you more than your sister."

Luna grinned, while Twilight and Amber rolled their eyes. Twilight was more than happy to take the queen up on her offer, as she pulled Pearl close, unable to miss how the Pegasus leaned into the embrace. They both needed the vacation, now that most major business had been taken care of.

It had been too long since she'd had one. Especially with one she loved. And the same went for Pearl as well.

Author's Note:

Sadly. I'm ending the story here. I had no real plans past this point in the plot, so I feel it's better that I end it now before it becomes too bloated. I might come back and do more with this universe one day though.

Comments ( 2 )

Good story. Enjoyed it much. :twilightsmile:

11599190
More like Twilight doesn't see any point in trying to bring them back into Equestria proper since they were all founded in lands that nopony claimed and were basically free real estate. And none of them are stupid enough to attack Equestria. So...

Zephyr Heights is the only one that has an actual government. Maretime Bay and Bridalwood just... somehow function without one, even though they all have a currency of their own.

Every currency is good in every spot and Equestria as a whole. Getting four different forms of currency to work together, was as close as Twilight has ever come to another Lesson Zero meltdown. It was that aggravating.

11640774
:twilightangry2:. Outdated as it is now, I hate these kinds of comments.
11653941
Thanks.

Login or register to comment