• Published 30th Dec 2022
  • 1,077 Views, 104 Comments

Friendship is absolute chaos: Part 2 - Aether Spark



Things quickly get out of hand with the girls chaos...

  • ...
2
 104
 1,077

Thus Equestira was undone...

Chaos…

What the girls saw when they got back to the source of the explosion… they had trouble believing it…

“W-what’s happening to my castle?!” Twilight cried as she saw a yellow bubble-like energy bulge through windows and the front door.

“I don’t know! I was coming back after I picked up some groceries and then this happened!” Starlight exclaimed

Liquid-like streams flowed down and as the liquid touched plantlife the plantlife became chaotic.

Morphing and turning into something incomprehensible.

“Chaos magic! Never have I seen so much of it!” Celestia cried

“Remember when I said it was lucky this happened… I take it back…” Pinkie said

The bubble of chaos expanded further and fully enveloped the castle in chaos magic.

The chaos magic developed a tendril that raised out in the air and magic began sparking at the tip.

“What’s happening?!” Twilight asked

“Get down!” Celestia yelled and she put up a barrier around them all, however when the bolt of chaos magic was fired it pierced through the barrier and hit the mane six.

The group screamed as the chaos magic shocked them before a multicolored explosion scattered them in all directions.

“GIRLS!” Celestia cried galloping over to them… only to pause when she saw six draconquuses in their place.

“Twilight?” Celestia asked

“Uh oh…” Starlight said as she saw that the secret was blown and she backed away.

“Ugh…” Twilight looked down, saw her draconquus hands, then looked up at Celestia in fear.

“W-wait! This isn’t what it looks like!” Twilight attempted.

“So the chaos magic is coming from you six…” Celestia said in shock,

“That it is…” A dark voice that spoke with the voice of each of the six per word.

“Huh?” Celestia turned to look at the castle, where the crystal began to splinter and reshape into a face.

When it was over the castle now looked like a living entity.

“Complete and total animation?” Starlight said disbelievingly

“Wh-who are you?” Twilight asked as she and her friends got up.

“Chaos… You… what does it matter? What matters is in a moment most of Equestria is going to become a hotbed for beautiful chaos!”

“The voices… your the voices that were in our heads!” Twilight said

“Indeed, it was I who whispered in your ears, I am what happens when chaos becomes unfiltered, I suppose Discord didn’t expect you all to miss that important tidbit of info. And now because of your foolishness, Luna is trapped in the dream realm and I hold Equestria on the edge of destruction!” Chaos spoke

“What is it talking about?” Celestia demanded

“Um…”

“I’ll tell you, Discord made a bet with them. He turned them into draconequus’s and made them try to last a whole week without causing major chaos. How lucky for me they neglected to filter out their chaos every now and then before it was too late…”

“What?” Celestia said, directing a mortified look at Twilight.

“Too late for what?” RD hesitantly asked.

She regretted asking because tentacles faster than even her snared them and lifted them up.

“Aaah!” Twilight cried.

“Put me down!” Applejack demanded.

“Help me!” Fluttershy shouted

“GIRLS!” Celestia cried and she flared her horn.

“Ah ah ah, if you attack me in any way this bubble of chaos will pop, and cover Equestria as a whole!” Chaos taunted.

“What?” Celestia said.

“Of course, it’ll pop anyways any minute now, and when it does, all of the congealed chaos will spread all over Equestria!” Chaos laughed

“What… do I do then?” Celestia said

“The only thing you can do is put up a big barrier and hope it holds. Of course in doing so, you’ll just be putting the cap on an already bulging bubble of chaos. For how long? Who can say, but if given enough time, it will cover the world!” Chaos laughed

“You're kidding!” RD said

“Then… this is our fault!” Fluttershy said with tears.

“Ah can’t be the cause of the end of the world!” Applejack thrashed.

“No… This cannot be happening!” Celestia said before stomping her hoof. “I must stop you!” She flew towards the chaos bubble.

“I’ll help!” Starlight said, planning to back up Celestia.

“NO!” Twilight said.

“Huh?” Celestia paused.

“You have to get the ponies out of here! We’ll be alright!” Twilight cried.

“Twilight? Are you suggesting I leave you? I can’t!” Celestia said.

“You have to! It’s right, this is our fault, let us deal with it, Discord and Spike will return in a few days!” Twilight called to Celestia.

“But-” Celestia tried.

“Celestia! Help them!” Twilight called.

“Yes Celestia, don’t you care about your fellow ponies?” Chaos taunted.

Celestia looked to the panicking ponies, and to Twilight and her friends. She couldn’t let anypony die here. She had no choice.

“Forgive me Twilight!” Celestia called before teleporting away with Starlight and everypony she could carry.

“Good luck,” Twilight said, letting a tear fall as the ground began to rumble.

“It is time to rearrange the world order!” Chaos cheered before the bubble began to expand further and Twilight spared one last glance to her friends who nodded understandingly before…

A great and chaotic explosion echoed across Equestria.

….

…….

……….

…………..


---Several days later---


In a blaze of light, the top of the grassy hill suddenly became far less empty as a mismatched pair of creatures stepped out of the shimmering portal. Discord gave a rather disinterested yawn as he looked around, but Spike put down his huge bag of gems for just a minute to stretch and wriggle his toes in the grass.

Afterwards he picked up his gems and followed Discord as the two walked toward Ponyville.

“Whew, it’s good to be back,” Spike said happily.

“Yes, now I can watch Twilight fret over how much weight you’ve gained.” Discord chuckled.

“I couldn’t help myself! There were so many good flavors I've never tried.” Spike complained as they approached the crest that led to Ponyville, not noticing the darkened skies or bizarre happenings around them.

“Well perhaps a few weeks of working at Sweet Apple Acres can help… you… recover.” Discord trailed off as he saw the state Ponyville was in.

“What?” Spike said before spotting the town and jumping in surprise “SWEET CELESTIA!”

The town was completely unrecognizable, Discord would have cheered knowing he'd won if he wasn’t so filled with dread as to what the implications of what he’s witnessing meant.

“Twilight, girls… what have you done?” Discord said.

Author's Note:

Kind of an abrupt end but it tells the tale of what happened in the beginning.

Tune in till the story continues, and check out my newest story in the meanwhile: The Strange Six.

Things will surely be escalating from here.

Till then my loving readers, ciao!

Comments ( 29 )

OH C'MON!! THAT CAN'T BE IT YET, THINGS WERE JUST GETTING GOOD!

And the one big bomb has been blow, you know i did have a bit of a feeling there might have been more to the chaos then first shown Turns out that feeling was right damn, Looking forward to part 3

11486016
Things will get better in part 3 don't worry

11486056
I'm sorry, this story is so good, I was just so excited to know what happens next
So when will part 3 come?

11486068
Well right now I'm working on the continuation of my next story The Strange Six, and it's pretty ambitious.

I'll have a chat with my editors to see how I should divide my attention between the two.

On that note I just posted The Strange Six prequel, be looking forward to the sequel.

That was a good story. Goodluck with part 3.

How to word this...

I feel the ending was a little lack luster it began just as it ended? I was hoping for some kinda add on reactions continued from chapter 1 where Discord and Spike check on everything to learn just what happened. And that we got to see what happened to Twi and her friends.

The joke is that Fluttershy could work as a Draconequus... embodying the unpredictable and wild side of NATURE.
Heck, Twilight could work as one given how often her magic DOES CAUSE CHAOS.
Heck, the CMC could work as a group given how much chaos their cause.
And of course Pinkie Pie... she's creature of chaos ALREADY, it wouldn't be much of a change for her.

11486579
I actually agree with you I didn't do as well on this ending as I did the last one... :pinkiesad2:

Should we pm some edit plans?

11489906
If you'd like sure. But even I am unsure how I'd end it lol. Though having thought about it for a bit I also do think that very little (if any) fault would be found with Discord, He and Twilight entered into a wager then he and Spike LEFT. None of what happened was his fault. That mainly lies with Twilight not wanting to bow out and admit Discord was correct. True the other Mane 6 Memebr also share various levels of fault some more then others, and i do not see them getting off with a light slap on the hoof. I DO wonder though what is to stop Discord for just fixing everything himself?

Please tell me part 3 is being worked on.

11621834
I'm sorry but not yet but after the 2 stories I'm simultaneously working on.

Pinkie Promise :pinkiesmile:

11621834
Good news, the third story is looking to arrive someday soon. :pinkiesmile:

11644736
Be sure to tell me when you have! I am in love with the mental changes of not only the chaotified six, but of the ponies affected by their antics.

11644787
By the way, if you want I could use an editor to make sure the story is going smoothly, it's the finale after all and I want it to be special.

Wanna volunteer? If so contact me via P.M. :pinkiehappy:

11649245
How long is it gonna end up being?

11649250
I dunno, could be ten could be a hundred, it's the journey that makes it fun. :raritywink:

11649252
What kinda edits do you want?

11649254
Just correctional, you know, straightening up parts that don't make sense, punctuation and grammar.

11649259
Thanks, I will send a P.M then so you can see how the story is so far.

What happened to part 1?

Great concept with decent execution.

#draconequus now exists! please help it grow by tagging your fiction with #draconequus!

Login or register to comment