• Published 25th Dec 2022
  • 3,140 Views, 138 Comments

Archæan - The Ancestor



A man is transported into Equestria under mysterious circumstances, arriving as a clump of dormant cells, awoken by his metiorite's harsh impact. What awaits him next?

  • ...
19
 138
 3,140
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 26 )

Once again, misunderstandings shall doom the world.

I despise enchantment magic so much.

We back!

It takes up to 2 weeks for the body to detect even the most foreign infections in the body, chimera being absurdly adaptable, it's safe to say that it'll be near instantly noticed that the host is corrupted and promptly quarantined to guarantee survival until the proper means to fight "the infection" are found, such as assimilating it's orchestrators, sounds logical to me! Actually reminds me of a game called Grey Goo :derpytongue2:

11730646

Shining would never say that.

Otherwise, he will get slapped the shit by his own wife, sister, AND mother for saying that cruel, and profanity BS. :twilightangry2:

P.S. And maybe the Apple Family from Ponyville would want to kick his ass as well for saying stupid shit against their other Apple-based town. :ajbemused:

11886157

What they forcefully did to "him" is all the more reason for him to condemn the entirety of ponykind ( And possibly the other non-pony races in the entire world tragically. ).

And it's all Luna's fault in the first place for separating his intellectual mind.

And then Twilight's own dumb fault for forcibly "reforming" him with that nasty spell that is quite literally a mind control in disguise. What a bunch of damn hypocrites they all are.

11730646
"What about nuking the town?" - The wise man who mixed fuel, metal oxide and metal power in just the right way

It's good that the chapter is out. To be honest, I began to fear that it would not be updated.
So ponies are still doing stupid things. They didn't even try to study the creature. Ponies just used some kind of strange spell. It is unknown how the virus will react to such an intervention. It is unknown how they are going to control this. It is quite possible that they finally "killed" the last braking mechanisms and the infection will begin to grow uncontrollably.
My sympathies are with the ponies, but guys, what are you doing?.. You are not following safety precautions and hope that your hastily invented spells will work. You can only make it worse... This is a creature from another world, your methods may not work.

11886243

She's a cute and smart pony. I also hope that she will be able to survive... I hope... :ajsleepy:

derpicdn.net/img/2017/8/27/1520704/large.jpg

Well, there goes any chance of a long term peaceful resolution.

I'm with James on this one, the more deranged someone is the more simply forcing them to do something with mind control will only make things significantly worse later. There is a chance that some sanity will return due to the forced social interactions and such, but the memory of the ultimate betrayal will remain. Best you could hope for is have it end up being solely focused on you instead of "everything and everyone you hold dear".

11886271

Well, there goes any chance of a long term peaceful resolution.

Nah man, the spell clearly worked, it's a wrap for James. My man will learn about the importance of friendship and everypony will live happily ever after.:trollestia:

11886181
Yeah, that's why it's in the comment section of the fic.

OP
OP #13 · 3 weeks ago · · ·

11886345
I’m all for working it into a later plot point. The phagocytosis thing? Whatever, it’s alien bacteria they can do what they want. But the T cell reaction? I’m just spit balling, but maybe the alien cells have an innate magical quality which induces a learned reaction from the inherently magical creatures of equestria? It might be too irrelevant to bring up in the story by this point, but it’s such a minor nitpick that I don’t think you need to bother fixing it. I didn’t even notice until five minutes after I read it.

Anyway, the more bio horror, the better.

See you for the next chapter in twenty years!

11886350

I have a feeling you're just being sarcastic. :ajbemused: :trixieshiftright: :unsuresweetie:

We are so back.

11888568
Considering my upload schedule (or lack thereof), I advise you to be ready for the inevitable it’s so over... comments.

11886354

See you for the next chapter in twenty years!

Damn, I gotta hurry to get the chapter out in time!

As a new reader I came in fully prepared to have to wait for months once I caught up. I’ve claimed my corner and set up my tent as I await the next chapter.

11888925
Ya got smores? Mine ran out a year ago:ajsleepy:

11888965
Sure thing! You can stay, but if anyone else shows up I'm pulling out my gun. :rainbowwild:

11886271
The problem is how long until that hypothetical peace last though.

We do see he keeps on slipping from something with human morals to just straight up sociopathic virus behavior.

He doesn’t value the lives of others and nonchalantly takes them away .

This negotiation as I see it was just him trying to instinctively preserve his own life not a moral desire or anything like that

He’s too unstable and dangerous to be left alone so unfortunately his choices is either compliance or total extermination .

Karma's going to hit them hard.

11890334

sociopathic virus behavior

Excuse you, it's sociopathic bacteria behavior, thank you very much!

11890393
I don’t know on one hand sure a reformation spell is messed up but on the other hand we’ve seen what he’s already done left alone to his own devices with an entire city infected.
James is definitely not a human nor is he an equestrian. . Sure he’s sentient but overall he’s a danger to all living things .

What a delightful mind fuck of a chapter. I hope somepone gets stabbed over this

Comment posted by Lexiebommel10 deleted May 8th
Login or register to comment