• Published 31st Oct 2022
  • 559 Views, 5 Comments

Non-Friends Indeed - cornholio4



Pinkie has to accept not having Cranky Doodle Donkey as a friend.

  • ...
3
 5
 559

Chapter 1

Pinkie Pie had been feeling depressed ever since Cranky Doodle Donkey moved to Ponyville and what happened was the ultimate conundrum that was struggling to comprehend: someone new in Ponyville who she utterly failed to befriend instantly or even at all. She did everything that she could think of but all she succeeded in doing was drive him further away and got him furious when she broke into his home, messed things about and destroyed his irreplaceable book with him angrily vowing that he would never be her friend punctuated with four 'evers'!

She was sad when she related this story to Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash; she told them that she would leave him alove right after he accepts her apology. However she was caught before leaving by a spell from Twilight who looked frustrated with her; "Pinkie; he is already mad at you and bothering him with an apology is not going to help: if anything he is only to get angrier at you for not leaving you alone! I mean you are lucky that he is yet to press any charges for what you did at his home!" Twilight told her sternly ignoring the look on Pinkie's puppy eyed face.

"Sorry Twilight........ I got caught up and I still don't where I went wrong.... He is the first being that I wasn't able to befriend right away and so I didn't know what to do......." Pinkie said and Twilight sighed not looking forward to this but it was something that she felt that Pinkie needed to hear.

"Pinkie..... Cranky wasn't the first." Twilight corrected her much to Pinkie and Dash's confusion. "You already weren't able to make friends right away with someone else..... Me." Twilight said and her two friends were even further confused.

"What are you talking about Twilight? We became friends almost instantly!" Dash said but Twilight shook her head.

"After bonding in the Everfree Forest; my first impressions with most of you weren't exactly positive. Be honest Dash; can you actually say that we became friends in our first meeting?" Twilight replied and Dash went to speak but thought it over: Twilight caught her napping instead of working, Twilight mocked her laziness and Dash showed off with how fast she was able to finish her work.

"Point taken...." Dash sighed but Pinkie was still confused.

"You're not making sense Twilight; we became instant best friends forever when I threw you that extra special surprise party......." Pinkie said but Twilight shook her head.

"No Pinkie; I hated that party." Twilight managed to admit as Pinkie was open mouthed but Twilight stopped her from speaking so that she could continue. "I found you having broken into the library to throw that surprise party that I wanted nothing to do with, you ignored me as I pointed out that libraries were supposed to be quiet, I spent the entire time in bed with the pillow under my head. Truth be told I don't think that if Nightmare Moon didn't happen; I would have given you another chance........ I would have been more than happy to return to Canterlot and not give you nor Ponyville another thought." Twilight explained sadly as Pinkie didn't know what to say.

"But..... We bonded......... Does that mean that Cranky and I should just keep......." Pinkie said but Twilight shook her head. "Pinkie..... Do you want someone in Ponyville to just hate you possible forever because I would like to imagine that it would feel worse than just not having him as a friend." Twilight told Pinkie sternly who just sighed in defeat.

"I guess you're right......" Pinkie sadly said as she then left; faced with the knowledge that her methods of friend making weren't as flawless as she had always believed.


Later Pinkie ended up deciding to visit her friend Matilda and was stunned to find Cranky with her who didn't look pleased to see her again; "Cranky I swear that I was not trying to bother you again.... I just wanted to visit Matilda...." Pinkie swore as Matilda got her calm down and the situation was explained:

Turns out Matilda was Cranky's 'special friend' and they didn't keep in touch due to a misunderstanding and by fate they ended up running into eachother again so they had a second chance to start anew.

"That's great and listen Cranky...." Pinkie muttered nervously as Cranky glared at her; "I am really really really really sorry for what I did and how much I bothered you. I promise you that I will leave you be and I can accept if you don't want to be my friend......." Pinkie said and Cranky grumbled as he just sighed.

"Apology accepted kid and thanks...." Cranky said and Pinkie smiled as she then said goodbye and left; so this was as fixed as it was going to be. All's well that ends well.

Sure she didn't make a new friend but she learned where and when she would need to dial back in trying to befriend ponies lest she alienates them forever or worse make them hate her which she wouldn't want. Sure someone could turn out to be just a meany pants jerk but she could just rub them off the wrong way; just like she almost did with Twilight as she just learned.

Like what if Twilight did leave home and if Pinkie visited Canterlot and decided to try catching up with Twilight only to be met with scorn and learning that she didn't befriend her.

Well she needs to think about how to word all this to Princess Celestia and.....

Wait a minute; Twilight said she hated the first party she threw for her? It was like the others so is there anything about them that Twilight hated as well? Plus what if there was some other ways that she was bothering her friends that they were just putting up with and were being too nice in not bringing up? She needed to go and see Twilight and the rest of her very best friends right away to try and fix it!

Author's Note:

Pinkie is quite honestly and easily my least fave of the Mane 6; I find her antics more annoying than actually funny and like Patrick from SpongeBob she gets away with far more than she actually does. I wish she had more call out or accusation stories than she does.

Comments ( 5 )

Poor pinkie she never learns slow and steady are better for friendship. Pinkie needs to learn that

Awesome story. Is this going to be a series where Pinkie learns to tone it down with her antics?

I want something like this to happen with sunset shimmer.

Login or register to comment