• Published 18th Aug 2022
  • 802 Views, 20 Comments

The Many Dreams of Princess Macintosh - Foal Star



Big Mac starts to have dreams of being an alicorn princess while Princess Luna acts as his guide.

  • ...
3
 20
 802

Chapter Nine: Was it all a Dream?

The day after Luna awoke from her slumber, Big Mac was no longer possessed. The two alicorns held a press conference with Princess Celestia on a balcony overlooking the streets of Canterlot, explaining the situation. Big Mac then looked the most out of place as he now sported two giant wings and a horn; he did look a lot like one of the alicorn princesses. But his rustic mane and tail e did, along with his study body clumsily swaying side to side as he was not used to his new wings, clearly showed how different he was compared to the royalty he stood with. The alicorns looked unsure of what to do or say as the press flashed their cameras and asked them hundreds of questions at a time. The scene was quite chaotic.

Princess Celestia then flared her wings and shouted, "Please, everypony, calm down; we'll have time for questions later!"
The crowd seemed to quiet down as she continued, "for now, I'm just going to have my sister, Princess Luna, explain everything."

She then moved out of the way as Princess Luna came over to the balcony, cleared her throat, and said, "Greetings, citizens! Princess Luna shall explain what occurred! For almost a month, Big Macintosh, a pony from Ponyville, has been under the influence of a nightmare creature named Poison Apple. I dove into his dreams to rescue him but was unsuccessful, having been caught in his web. He was trying to possess Big Mac and make me fall in love with him, making him officially royalty."

The stallion nodded and gave an "Eyyup!"

"But we didn't allow that to happen! Big Macintosh and I fought back, thanks to Pinkie Pie!"

"Desire!" Pinkie cheered as she bounced around the crowd, shouting, "it was awesome! I was in this world where Celestia was evil! And Night was Day! And Princess Luna was going to marry Big Mac. It was so cute!"

The press then turned their attention to Pinkie as they started to ask her questions; she started blathering on about the dreams and how cute Princess Luna looked in her wedding dress.

Luna quickly interrupted, "yes, thank you, Pinkie; as I was saying, we were able to seal away Poison Apple back into the dream realm, and he most likely will never harm another pony again!"

Everypony cheered and started to clop their hooves on the ground below. Big Macintosh's cheeks flushed pink as he bowed his head, then Princess Luna came over towards him, and he seemed to regain his confidence with her nearby.

The press then swarmed Big Mac shouting questions.

"Are you going to be a princes-I mean prince!?"

"Eyyup."

"How did a dream change your body?"

"I don't know."

"Are you feeling any different? Do you feel powerful?"

"Eynope!"

"Are you still planning on marrying Luna?"

At this question, Big Mac hesitated despite their entire relationship being built up in a dream. He still had feelings for her but seeing they should date in real life before they get to that point, she shook his head and said, "Eynope."

"Are you seriously just going to return to your farm?"

"Eyyup!"

Luna was starting to get frustrated with the press and the crowd. She then came over to Big Mac's aid; she flared her wings and shouted in her royal Canterlot voice; she cried, "that's enough! Big Macintosh and I have dealt with a lot for the past week and require rest! Please leave; we will answer all your questions tomorrow!"

The press groaned as they all started to fly off as Princess Luna escorted Big Mac back into the palace.


There Big Mac was swarmed by his family. Apple Bloom was the first to hop over, and she jumped into his hooves. She buried herself in his red coat with tears of joy filling her eyes as she cried, "Big Mac, I'm so happy you're ok!"

"Me too," Big Mac chuckled as he bent down to his sister and hugged her back. Granny Smith came over with her eyes widened in disbelief, "my goodness, never expected one of my grand foals to become an alicorn?!"

"Yeah, Twilight is gonna have a boatload of questions for ya, if not a full inspection of you!" Applejack exclaimed, being just as surprised.

Big Mac came over and took his granny and Applejack into a hug. He just wanted to feel them and make sure they were real, and he wasn't stuck in another dream.

"Dangnammit! Let me go!" Granny Smith shouted.

"Oh, give it a rest, granny; let's just be happy he's back," Applejack cried with tears running down her cheeks as she hugged her brother. The mare thought she would lose her brother forever.

Luna was watching nearby with a smile but squeaked as Princess Celestia pulled her into a hug and wrapped her massive white feathery wings around her sister. She also had tears coming down her cheeks as she cried, "oh sister, I'm so happy your back! I thought I was going to lose you again!"

"Calm down, sister! As you can see, I am quite well!" Luna shouted back as she struggled to escape her sister's embrace.

After the hugging and crying ended, Luna turned to Big Mac. Without words, he knew she wanted to talk in private, as a lot happened in the dream realm, and they probably thought the same thing.

"I see you and your new coltfriend need some privacy," Celestia whispered in her sister's ear.

Luna's cheeks flushed pink as she squeaked, "he… he's not my coltfriend," she then looked over at Big Mac and was starting to feel something stir inside her as she added," at least not yet."

"Then make it official before he leaves," Celestia snickered as she nudged her sister towards him. Luna then trotted over to Big Mac and stammered, "w…would you mind talking in private?"

Big Mac nodded and whispered, "eyyup."

"Aww, is my big bro dating a princess!" Apple Bloom squealed.

"If he is, I better have some great grandfoals before I kick the bucket! And they better be alicorns!" Granny Smith blurted out.

Luna and Big Mac's faces turned a deep shade of pink as Applejack couldn't help but burst into laughter. She pulled her sister and Granny aside and said, "I apologize for my sister's outburst; we'll leave you two be; Big Mac, just come outside when you're ready to leave." She quickly escorted her family as Celestia gave her sister and Big Mac a wink before following suit.

Princess Luna turned to face Big Mac and asked, "So where to start?"

Big Mac started to sweat as he looked around the room and stammered, "well, um…d...do um?"

"Do I what?" Luna asked, somewhat confused and seeming to be a bit nervous about what Big Mac would say.

The stallion threw his new wings over his face and then cried, "D…do you have feelings for me!"

The princess of the night chuckled. She replied, "Well, the simple answer is yes, I do…but…you said earlier before we informed the public you don't wish to be royalty?"

Big Mac shook his head "no," despite being an alicorn; he refuses to live in a castle. It was nice in the dream but uncomfortable, and it was not a life he wanted.

Princess Luna, however, didn't seem deterred by what he said as she came closer to him. She then bent her head towards his ear and whispered, "well, I'll let you in on a secret…my sister and I aren't going to be princesses much longer."

"What!?" Big Mac shouted.

Luna nodded and whispered, "in fact, in a few years, when we feel comfortable, Twilight will take our place then my sister and I will officially retire."

"She…she will!?" Big Mac stammered, instead being stunned by what the princess of the night said; the two retiring and having Twilight take their place!?

Luna continued, "that's right…so in the meantime, how about we, ya know…date and see how things progress?"

Big Mac's heart was thumping in his chest as he thought it over. She liked him, and soon she won't be royalty anymore, so if he married her after they officially retired, he wouldn't have to live in a castle or become a prince. He smiled, seeing this was perfect, and gave a hearty, "eyyup!"

Luna then came over and kissed him on the cheek, "ok, well, goodbye."

"Goodbye!" Big Mac coughed out before flying off, rubbing his cheek. He was in love and was so happy that he and Luna would be dating! He then slapped himself on the cheek and looked around to see nothing had changed. Big Mac then sighed in relief this wasn't a dream. He then trotted outside to see a chariot awaited him and his family. Princess celestia turned towards him and explained, "I know you and your family would prefer to go back home on a train. But I feel the press would harass you if you do. "

"Yay, we're flying home in style!" Apple Bloom squealed as she bounced up and down. Big Mac trotted over and sat down with the little filly plopping into his lap. Granny Smith and Applejack then sat across from each other as they gave each other death stares. As the chariot took off and soared into the sky, Applejack and Granny Smith started to bicker.

"Look, Granny! from what Twilight told me, there hasn't been a record of any pony having a naturally born alicorn. If Big Mac and Luna have babies, they'll likely be earth ponies!"

"Come on! If we had an Apple as a young baby princess, can you imagine what that could do for us? We can expand and open an orchard in Canterlot!"

Apple Bloom chimed in and said, "if Big Mac has babies, I don't care what tribe they belong to; I hope they're fillies. I always wanted a little sister!"

"That would make ya an aunt, Apple Bloom," Applejack snickered.

Big Mac just sat back with his entire coat having turned pink out of sheer embarrassment, with the guards pulling the reigns seeming to hold back their laughter regardless of the shame; Big Mac was relieved that this was his family and this was not a dream.

Comments ( 2 )

Is there going to be a sequel to this perhaps?

I give this story the full 5 on the :yay:itude meter. Unfortunately, I can't find a seal of approval for Big Mac, but if there was one, I would give it that too.:twilightsheepish:
Here's hoping that whatever comes for Big Mac, it goes well.

Login or register to comment