• Published 12th Aug 2022
  • 418 Views, 39 Comments

The Case of the Invaders of Canterlot City: A C.O.P.S. Crossover - Brian Sheil



The Rainbooms and friends band together when criminals from Empire City come to town

  • ...
 39
 418

Heroes of the Day

Author's Note:

I would like to thank all who enjoyed this story. Without further delay, here's the finale.

One week after the concert, the seven girls were invited to Hoity Toity's posh pad. They were all still getting over the adventures they had helping the COPS take down Big Boss and his gang.

"Thanks for inviting us over." Fluttershy said.

"It's my pleasure." Hoity Toity replied. "The reason I asked you to come over, is because other folks would like to meet you. No doubt hearing about your grand deeds over the past couple of weeks."

In steps a woman with short blonde hair. She has on a tan jacket over a yellow shirt, tan skirt, and black shoes.

"My goodness." Rarity gasped. "Police Commissioner Highwater. What brings you here from Empire City?"

"I was told that some noble citizens of this town helped the COPS stopped mayhem created by Big Boss and his gang." Commissioner Highwater replied. "And, I learned it was the seven of you."

"That's right." Sunset replied. "Our best victory is over Big Boss himself."

"Don't forget his boxoid." Twilight reminded.

"Oh yeah. Thanks, Twi."

"Where's Mayor Davis?" Rainbow Dash asked. "You two are often together."

"He's busy with important stuff." Commissioner Highwater answered. "But, I'll send him your regards."

Commissioner Highwater first approached Twilight. "Twilight Sparkle, the intellect of this group. Your special abilities did good against Dr. Badvibes and Bullit."

"Thank you, Commissioner." Twilight replied proudly. "Thanks to my geode, their plans fell apart."

Next to be praised is Rainbow Dash.

"Rainbow Dash, representative of the Wonderbolts." Highwater said. "Your amazing speed and quick thinking brought down Berserko and Mukluk McLuck."

"I had help from my fellow Wonderbolts to battle Berserko." Dash replied. "But, I do appreciate the compliment. My little friend, Scootaloo, was a great help against Mukluk."

Pinkie Pie was applauding when the Commissioner came to her.

"Besides being a party planner, Pinkie Pie," Highwater said proudly, "you were also very brave. You did stand up to Rock Krusher and Hyena."

"I couldn't let Rock Krusher hurt my family." Pinkie said. "And, no party crasher like Hyena ruins one of my parties."

Commissioner Highwater then turned to the fashionista. "Miss Rarity. I've heard of your battles against Nightshade and Koo Koo. Impressive for a classy lady."

"Thank you, darling." Rarity replied. "Those fiends were surprised that a classy lady like me can stand up to the forces of evil."

"I understand that your sister, Sweetie Belle helped out against Koo Koo."

"You heard correct, madam."

The commissioner then went over to Applejack. "Applejack. You are dedicated to your family and your home. It's that dedication that helped you defeat Buttons McBoomboom and Ms. Demeanor."

"Thank you kindly, ma'am." Applejack said. "My little sister helped support me while taking Ms Demeanor down."

Fluttershy was a little nervous when Miss Highwater approached her.

"No need to be nervous, Fluttershy." The police Commissioner comforted. "Your love for nature gave to the courage to stand up to Boll Weevil and Nightmare."

"I guess that's true." Fluttershy said, feeling a little more relaxed and proud. "Nature should not be disturbed. Especially by criminals."

The Commissioner then went to the former bully. "Sunset Shimmer. You rose from your dark past, and became an honorable person. More honorable after defeating Turbo Tutone and Brannigan."

"Thank you, Commissioner Highwater." Sunset replied. "My dark past is behind me. And, will stay that way."

As the girls applauded Sunset's statement. The commissioner makes an announcement. "You seven aren't the only ones that did their part to help others."

Commissioner Highwater opened the door and motioned someone to come in. Everybody was surprised to see Trixie, the CMCs, and Lightning Dust come in.

"Greetings, one and all." Trixie greeted.

"What are you guys doing here?" Dash asked.

"We were invited by Commissioner Highwater to join this little hero's gathering." Lightning replied. "We had a hand in stopping harsh crooks ourselves."

Photo Finish came in with camera in hand.

"She's right." Highwater said. "Lightning Dust saved an air show from being sabotaged by Louie the Plumber. The Great and Powerful Trixie stopped a scam conducted by the Flim Flam Brothers and Jenny Wringer. And, these three young ladies, the Canterlot Movie Club, saved Camp Everfree from the Small Guy gang."

"Ah. Extra activity in the battle for justice." Hoity Toity praised "Excellent."

The five other girls went over to the Rainbooms.

"You stood up to Louie the Plumber?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"I sure did." Lightning replied. "If only Rolling Thunder and Short Fuse were there. At least Spitfire was proud of me."

"I think all of the Wonderbolts would be proud of you."

Applejack was applauding Trixie. "Must've been a great moment for y'all. I wish I was there when you went up to the Flim Flam Brothers."

"I did get lucky when their stage got wrecked." Trixie admitted. "But, I did expose Jenny Wringer."

Sunset looked at Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo with admiration. "I can't believe you girls took on Small Guy, Snub Nose, and Sawed Off."

"It wasn't easy." Apple Bloom said. "But, nobody hurts a great place like Camp Everfree."

"And, that was a boost that helped us in helping Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash in their battles." Sweetie Belle added.

"Yeah!" Scootaloo cheered. "Ms Demeanor, Koo Koo, and Mukluk McLuck didn't know what hit them!"

Just then, Photo Finish stepped in to address the twelve girls. "How's about a picture of the daring dozen?"

"Not a bad idea." Twilight replied.

As the girls got ready, Commissioner Highwater asks for a favor. "Can you make copies of that picture for me, Mayor Davis, and Bulletproof?"

"I shall, Commissioner Highwater." Photo said as she turns to the girls. "Okay, friends. Smile for the camera."

Photo took the picture. This will be an experience the twelve girls will never forget.

Needless to say, the Rainbooms and their friends were celebrated heroes for their noble deeds. Even harsh critics like Miss Harshwhinny felt nothing but admiration for the girls' heroism. Big Boss and his gang, and the independent criminals, made it back to Empire City, ready to strike again. But, when they do, we of the COPS will be ready.

C.O.P.S. File 62668

THE CASE OF THE INVADERS OF CANTERLOT CITY

CASE CLOSED

Comments ( 2 )

Definitely appreciated the exchanges and characterizations in this epilogue as well as the recap. Thanks very much for doing this story.

11346425
My pleasure. Maybe this can be animated or read someday.

Login or register to comment