• Published 12th Aug 2022
  • 416 Views, 39 Comments

The Case of the Invaders of Canterlot City: A C.O.P.S. Crossover - Brian Sheil



The Rainbooms and friends band together when criminals from Empire City come to town

  • ...
 39
 416

The Rainbooms vs. Big Boss

Author's Note:

It's the big battle between the girls and the big man himself. There's one more chapter to go however.

The setting is Canterlot State Park. A bustle of activity is going on. A stage is being set up for the Rainbooms to perform. The seven girls were getting themselves ready when Officer Shining Armor arrived with some disturbing news.

"Are you sure about this, BBBFF?" Twilight Sparkle asked.

"I'm afraid so." Shining answered. "That grease monkey, Turbo Tutone, swiped a bus from a nearby bus depot. He gathered all of Big Boss's gang, and those independent criminals, and took off."

"Where are they going?" Rarity asked.

"From what my leader told me, those crooks are cruising back to Empire City."

"Well, at least we don't have to worry about those thugs anymore." Rainbow Dash said.

As the girls took a break from practicing, they decided to walk around the park. Suddenly, Pinkie Pie saw something outside of the park. "What's that big box doing here?"

The girls left the park, and looked at this big wooden box.

"Oh dear." Fluttershy said. "Pretty big. Isn't it."

"I'll say." Twilight agreed. "I wonder where it came from."

Just then, a male voice answered the inquiry. "It came from me!"

The girls turned around and saw a round plump man with black hair. He had on a white suit complete with jacket, pants, black shoes, pink shirt and black necktie.

"We meet at last, Rainbooms." The man greeted wickedly.

Sunset Shimmer realized who it is. "It's Big Boss! The Crooks' vicious leader."

The seven girls were surprised that Big Boss himself arrived.

"I never expected someone like you would show up in our town." Dash said.

"I'm sure you didn't, Miss Rainbow Dash." Big Boss replied.

"WHAT?" Pinkie gasped. "He knows who we are?"

"I certainly do, Miss Pinkie Pie. I've been watching you girls going up against my Crooks." He reached into his jacket pocket. "I sent a lot of these all over town."

The girls looked at a small robotic bug. Twilight realized what it could be. "It's a miniature camera bug. That's how he was spying on us."

"Very observant, Miss Twilight Sparkle." Big Boss said. "These little guys filmed footage of your battles with my gang. This way, I'll know who I'm up against."

Sunset Shimmer realized something. "Just a minute, Big Boss. Why are you here on your own? You usually send in your crew. Due to the fact you hate getting down and dirty."

"You're right, Miss Sunset Shimmer. But, that all changed. Months ago, Dr. Badvibes developed this dirt proof fabric. And, he and my man servant, Squeeky Kleen, used it to make some dirt proof suits for me. Now, I don't have to worry about getting dirty again."

Rarity was surprised about it. "Sounds very useful."

"You would think that, Rarity." Rainbow Dash replied. "I would agree."

Applejack was one inquiry. "So, what's in this box you probably brought here?"

Big Boss went to his big box, and went to a button. "THIS!"

Big Boss pressed the button, and the box opened. Out came a circular machine with long arms and legs. On the side is a digital screen.

"Whoa!" Dash gasped. "A Boxoid."

"Boxoid?" Pinkie asked.

"It's a machine used for boxing matches in Empire City." Twilight informed.

A hatch opened and Big Boss stepped inside.

"I recently discovered some old fashioned Boxoid blueprints online." Big Boss informed. "With this info, Badvibes helped in building this model for me." He activated the Boxoid, and it rose up. "Time to cause some mayhem!"

The boxoid soon marched into town. The girls realized that there's only one thing left to do.

"Let's pony up!" Sunset said.

All seven girls activated their geodes. Their hair grew long, they soon developed pony ears,Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy grew wings, and their outfits changed. (Think of their super heroic outfits from the short, "Super Squad Goals")

As the Boxoid marches into town, people started to run in terror. In the cockpit, Big Boss looks on with evil delight.

"I haven't had this much fun in a long time." Big Boss sneered.

Soon, the criminal kingpin heard a whistle. He turned and saw the Rainbooms poised and ready to fight.

"So, you want to challenge me, eh?" Big Boss said. He soon turned to face his opponents. "Show me what you got!"

The girls looked at the boxoid, and gave out a proper battle cry. "IT'S CRIME FIGHTIN' TIME!"

The girls spread out to take on the robot. Pinkie runs out to distract Big Boss. While that was going on, Sunset jumped up and pressed the boxoid's mid section. The digital screen read '50'.

"That's 50 points." Sunset said as the boxoid arm swing after her.

Big Boss was annoyed. "Bacon haired pest!"

Sunset ran to tell the girls some info. "Score 500, and that boxoid shuts down."

Nodding, the girls went back to action. Rainbow Dash blew a raspberry at Big Boss. He swung the metal arm to strike her. But, she zipped away, and with boxoid at a low position, she punched the midsection.

"Oh yea!" Rainbow cheered. "100!"

"Stand still, speed demon!" Big Boss growled.

Applejack rushed in and held the arm with her strength. She then delivered a kick to the midsection.

"That's 150." Applejack said.

Pinkie sat on a trash can lid while Twilight used her magic to lift her up to the robot. She threw some of her sprinkles, and they exploded in front of Big Boss's view.

"Hey, what's with the fireworks?" Big Boss demanded.

Meanwhile, Twilight directed Pinkie to the midsection where the party girl made her mark.

"Yay!" Pinkie chirped. "200!"

As Big Boss recovered, Rarity floated on a diamond, sneaked in to push the midsection.

"250, darling." Rarity said. "Halfway to a win."

The robotic arms swing right and left .

"These girls are more of a challenge than I thought." Big Boss said.

A flock of geese came suddenly and flew around the criminal kingpin. "That nature girl, Miss Fluttershy, must be behind this flock."

Indeed, Fluttershy used her magic to direct the geese. One goose pushed into the robot's midsection.

"That's 300." Fluttershy cheered.

Getting himself together, Big Boss grabbed a car, and threw it towards Twilight. She used her magic to stop the car, and flung it to the robot. The car hit the midsection.

"350." Twilight cheered. "Let's set up for the big finale."

Applejack and Pinkie Pie ran off while the other girls faced their opponent. Rainbow Dash ran circles around the robot. Big Boss was getting annoyed.

"Hey!" Big Boss called out. "Cut that out"

Meanwhile, Twilight levitate Fluttershy up to the midsection where she punched the target.

"Yay!" Fluttershy cheered. "400."

Riding on one of her diamonds, Rarity made another diamond appear, and pressed it on the target.

"That's 450." Rarity announced. "Let's wrap it up."

Applejack brought an old engine from a nearby junkyard. Pinkie energized it, and both threw it to the robot's feet. The projectile exploded, and caused the robot to fall flat on it's back. Fortunately, Big Boss is safe in the cockpit. Sunset climbed up to deliver the final blow to the midsection.

"500, Big Boss." Sunset said. "KNOCK OUT!"

The boxoid shut down, and Big Boss climbed out. As he stood up, he saw that his suit was still clean.

"At least this dirt proof material still works." Big Boss said happily.

He soon finds himself facing all seven powered up Rainbooms.

"It's over, Big Boss." Applejack announced. "Next stop for y'all is jail!"

Suddenly, a large yellow helicopter lowered a steel clamp, and secured Big Boss.

"Time for me to go, ladies." Big Boss said pleasingly. "We should get together again sometime."

As soon as Big Boss was aboard, the doors closed and the helicopter flew off. The Rainbooms quickly returned to normal as workers came to check on the boxoid.

"I'll bet his man servant, Squeeky Kleen, piloted that copter." Rarity figured.

"Probably taking Big Boss back to Empire City." Dash added.

Many people come to watch workers look over on how to remove this machine.

"Worker crews will handle the boxoid." Twilight remarked. "Meanwhile, we still have a show to do."

With that, Twilight and company return to Canterlot State Park.