• Published 12th Aug 2022
  • 416 Views, 39 Comments

The Case of the Invaders of Canterlot City: A C.O.P.S. Crossover - Brian Sheil



The Rainbooms and friends band together when criminals from Empire City come to town

  • ...
 39
 416

Applejack vs. Buttons McBoomboom

Author's Note:

Time for a western cowgirl to face a modern day gangster.

The rodeo is in town. Everybody is heading for the outdoor area of Canterlot High School which was set up. Vendors set up to sell food and souvenirs, and an area set up for great rodeo events. Applejack and her family attended the event. Even Granny Smith's old rival, Grand Pear, joined them.

"This is going to be a hoot." Applejack said happily.

"Eeyup." Big Macintosh added.

Grand Pear noticed that something is off. "Say, all. Where's Apple Bloom? I thought she was going to join us."

"She was." Applejack replied. "But, while visiting us, Cousin Braeburn changed her plans."

Flashback

Apple Bloom was ready to go with the family. But, just as she was going into the truck, Braeburn quickly grabs her and pulls her out.

"Oh no you don't!" Braeburn yelled. "You're not going anywhere!"

"What are you doing to Apple Bloom, Braeburn?" Applejack asked.

But, Braeburn didn't listen. He was still exploding with anger. "Applejack is still mad at you for the Anon-A-Miss conspiracy. You are still to be punished!" Then, he got super mad. "YOU'RE BEING SENT TO SET UP CAMP EVERFREE INSTEAD!!!"

That got Apple Bloom so upset, she started to cry. Braeburn got in the truck and had Applejack drive off.

End of Flashback

"Poor Apple Bloom must still be crying right now." Applejack said.

"Look at Braeburn." Granny Smith noticed. "He looks so happy that Apple Bloom isn't here."

Braeburn walks over to the family with a glass of lemonade in his hand.

"Well, Applejack." Braeburn said proudly. "You won't have to worry about Apple Bloom looking for anymore gossip."

"That there Anon-A-Miss conspiracy is over." Applejack protested.

Soon, in walks a cowboy with black hair and a curly mustache. Besides his own stetson, he has on a white and brown outfit with a red bandanna and cowboy boots.

"Looks like we have an honored guest." Grand Pear said.

"Who is that person?" Granny Smith asked.

"That there is Walker Calhoun, a former Texas sheriff. Codename: Sundown. Specialty: Special Investigations."

The Apple clan and Grand Pear are very happy to have the western member of COPS join the festivities.

"Howdy, folks." Sundown greeted. "I hope you don't mind me comin' along."

"Not at all, Sundown." Grand Pear replied. "It's an honor to be joined by a member of the COPS team."

Sundown soon walked up to Applejack. "Howdy, Applejack. I heard so much about you and the illustrious Apple family."

"You have?" Applejack gasped. "Wow."

Sundown looks around for something. "Where's your little sister: Apple Bloom."

"Well," Applejack confessed, "she couldn't make it." She then got upset. "That's because Braeburn forced her not to come along."

Braeburn got a little nervous. Especially, when Sundown approached him.

"I had to get that kid to not come along." Braeburn said nervously. "The only thing Apple Bloom should be remembered for is....."

"The infamous Anon-A-Miss conspiracy." Sundown finished. "I've heard about that. But, that's no reason to break that little girl's heart."

"But, that kid should STILL be punished."

"She and her two partners have all been forgiven. If you keep this up, she'll be so afraid of her own sister, she'll probably run away from her home and her friends, everything."

"Sundown is right." Applejack added. "Everybody moved on. You should too."

Suddenly, machine gun fire was heard. A lot of people started to panic. Sundown, Grand Pear, and the Apple Family see the source of the trouble. It looked like a gangster with gray hair and wearing a red gangster outfit. He shoots a machine gun everywhere. He's very sure not to hurt anybody. Grand Pear recognized this creep.

"That's Buttons McBoomboom!" Grand Pear said. "The most ruthless machine gunner in Empire City."

"He's one of Big Boss's people." Granny Smith said nervously.

One of the western actors came up to challenge the intruder. "Time for you to vamoose, hombre!"

"You're starting to bore me." Buttons said. He opened his jacket to reveal two machine guns. "How about a dance?!"

The guns fired on the ground near the actor's feet. The actor moved quickly to avoid the shots. "I'm dancin'. I'm dancin'!"

Just then, a horse was heard. Buttons turned to see Applejack riding the horse. She used a lasso to loop the gun he was carrying. With the gun out of the way, Applejack got off the horse to face her opponent.

"So much for shootin' up the town, Buttons McBoomboom." Applejack said. "Give up!"

"No way, cowgirl." Buttons replied. "I always have a backup plan."

Figuring he was going to open his jacket, Applejack used her magical strength to lay down a barrel full of flour nearby, and rolled it towards him. Before he opened his jacket, the barrel tripped him up and he landed on his face. Applejack's family, Grand Pear, and Sundown rushed over to check on her.

"Nice work, pardner." Sundown praised.

Applejack blushed, knowing she was being thanked. Slowly, Buttons got up and looked at his opponents.

"Time to head out of town." Buttons said. "I'll remember this, Applejack!"

As Button McBoomboom ran away. The family felt relieved.

"Good work, cousin." Braeburn said. "And, thanks for the pep talk, Sundown. I needed that."

"Any time, Braeburn." Sundown replied.

Meanwhile, in a secluded part of Canterlot City, Big Boss started watching footage of the seven girls battling the criminals. His man servant, Squeeky Kleen, watched with him.

"Good thing we had some miniature camera bugs at those locations." Squeeky said. "This way, we can watch all of the action."

"Right." Big Boss replied. "Those young teenagers will soon encounter more of my Crooks. But, that's not all they'll face."

Big Boss gave his associate new orders. "Take the limo back to Empire City. After parking it safely, bring my personal jet copter back to this place. And, bring with you that special object Dr. Badvibes finished."

"Yes, sir." Squeeky replied.

As Squeeky Kleen left the location to head back to Empire City, Big Boss sits back with evil glee. "Prepare yourselves, Rainbooms. You're in for a big surprise!"