• Published 12th Aug 2022
  • 417 Views, 39 Comments

The Case of the Invaders of Canterlot City: A C.O.P.S. Crossover - Brian Sheil



The Rainbooms and friends band together when criminals from Empire City come to town

  • ...
 39
 417

Rarity vs. Nightshade

Author's Note:

The next battle: The fashoinista vs. The crafty burglar.

A special outdoor fashion show is held in the back of the Canterlot Carousel. A stage is set up with many people gathered. Fashion is what Rarity lives for. And, shows like this always gets her excited. Socialite Hoity Toity walks up to her.

"This is a grand event, darling." Rarity cheered.

"Indeed." Hoity Toity replied. "I hear that Empire City’s newswoman, Whitney Morgan, is covering this event."

"I took a look at some of her classic works. She had some run ins with Big Boss' friends from what I heard."

Sure enough, in steps a proud woman with dark brown hair and wearing a blue jacket over a yellow shirt, blue skirt, and black shoes walks by with a microphone in her hand. This woman is Whitney Morgan.

"Socialite Hoity Toity." Whitney addressed. "How do you feel about attending this event?"

"I'm always excited about attending events like this." Hoity Toity replied. "A great way to show off the latest fashion statements."

Whitney then walks over to Rarity. "Being a lady of fashion yourself, Rarity, I'm sure you're giddy with excitement."

"I certainly am, Miss Morgan." Rarity replied."Events like these give me inspiration for my own creative ideas."

"I'm sure it does. I've seen some of your ideas. Not bad for an up and comer."

Rarity blushed knowing that someone likes her designs. Hoity Toity is a little concerned about something. "Aren't you worried about these reports about Big Boss and company invading our town?"

"Perhaps." Rarity replied. "But, Twilight helped me and the rest of our friends learned about who's who in this gang of Crooks. We'll be ready for anything."

This brought Hoity Toity a little relief. Later, Hoity Toity and Rarity went up to a dark blond man wearing a dark blue outfit, and carrying a prod like tool.

"Rarity," Hoity Toity said, "Meet Stan Hyde from the Detroit Metro Police. Codename: Barricade. Specialty: Crowd Control."

"I guess that why this crowd isn't so wild." Rarity figured.

"That's right, Miss Rarity." Barricade replied. "I always know how to make sure there are no riots. Especially with my trusty tool, the Mule."

Rarity looks at the Mule. I'll bet Twilight would love to study this object of law enforcement.

Just then, Sassy Saddles rushes in with some shocking news. "Somebody stole my best gowns!"

Everyone gasped hearing this news. Especially Rarity.

"Are they for the show later?" Rarity asked.

"Yes. I kept them in a secure closet in the back of my store. When I came to get them, they're gone!"

"This is a nightmare!" Hoity Toity gasped. "Who would do such a thing?"

Rarity soon spotted a mysterious woman wearing a dark green trench coat and overlapping hat and carrying a large shopping bag. Being suspicious, she starts going after her. Hoity Toity and Barricade sees Rarity rushing off.

"Where's Rarity’s going?" Hoity Toity wondered.

"Maybe she knows something." Barricade figured. "I'm going to follow her."

"Wait for me! Rarity is one of my dear friends."

Outside the store, the mysterious lady stopped to look at her haul. It had three beautiful gowns and accessories. Suddenly, she heard a female voice call out to her. "Stop right there!"

The stranger turned around and saw Rarity looking at her with determination.

"What do you want?" The mysterious woman asked.

"Give those dresses back to the boutique," Rarity demanded, "Nightshade!"

Putting down the bag, the stranger took off her coat to reveal a crimson catsuit with grey boots and light brown sleeves. Taking off her hat and sunglasses, she reveals flowing red hair. She was indeed Nightshade, Empire City’s crafty cat burglar.

"How did you figure me out, Rarity?" Nightshade asked.

"When my friend, Sassy Saddles, said that her dresses were stolen," Rarity said, "I figured you had a hand in it. You're always known for stealing stuff using delicate methods. Especially picking locks."

Nightshade picks up her trench coat. "I guess my reputation is known even to elegant types. Since you know what I'm about, I'm curious about something." She suddenly throws her coat over Rarity’s head. Nightshade then grabs the bags and runs off. "How are you going to stop me?"

Pulling off the coat, Rarity got mad seeing the thief escaping. She then used her geode to make a diamond appear. She got on it just as Barricade and Hoity Toity arrived.

"Everything okay?" Barricade asked.

"It will be when I catch that culprit." Rarity replied. "It's Nightshade!"

As Rarity pursues the crook, Hoity Toity got worried. "Nightshade? She's a member of Big Boss' rogues gallery. Rarity could be in grave danger!"

"I'm going to follow Rarity." Barricade said. "You head back to the boutique to help calm the crowd."

"Not a bad idea. Especially Sassy Saddles. She's the host of the event after all. Good luck."

Meanwhile, Rarity cruised over Nightshade. She decides to set a surprise.

"I guess miss elegant gave up." Nightshade said while laughing. "These dresses are mine now!"

Suddenly, she ran into a big diamond. As she was recovering, Rarity stepped up and grabbed the bags. "Diamond's are a girl's best friend. But, not in your case."

Barricade saw the action as he approached the scene. "Good work, Rarity. You got the dresses back."

Rarity couldn't help but blush. Suddenly, a small aircraft appeared. It lowered a ladder and Nightshade started climbing. The ladder rose up as Barricade and Rarity tried to catch the crook. She drove the aircraft away.

"I should thank Dr. Badvibes for building that remote control for the Air Speeder." Nightshade said. She laughed as she sped away.

Back at the boutique, Hoity Toity waited nervously. Then, he saw Barricade and Rarity arrive.

"Bad news," Barricade said, "Nightshade got away."

"Good news," Rarity said as she presented the bags, "we got the dresses back. The event is saved."

Hoity Toity checked the contents. "Excellent. They're all here. Now, the fashion show can begin."

The socialite left to give the dresses to Sassy Saddles. Barricade and Rarity high five each other, knowing they saved the day together.