• Published 27th Sep 2022
  • 2,641 Views, 113 Comments

The Never-Ending Ending - 5u0myn0n4



The evil alicorn Opaline awakens an ancient evil and unleashes it upon Equestria, and Sunny Starscout and friends must unite hoof to heart to restore Harmony before the worst comes to pass.

  • ...
6
 113
 2,641

Chapter 23 (The End)

After a harrowing week and some odd days of the looming threat of a large billowing cloud and an evil spell crafted to rebuild the world, everypony's worries were finally quelled. Sunny Starscout, and her heroic friends Izzy Moonbow, Pipp Petals, Zipp Storm, and Hitch Trailblazer had defeated the dastardly alicorn, Opaline Arcana. And along the way, they helped Opaline's assistant, Misty, by befriending her, and saving her from the void which had opened up, and swallowed Opaline's castle. After a daring dive into the void, Sunny and friends saved Misty, defeated Opaline for good, and went up and out, destroying Opaline's spell, and saving everypony.

With peace restored, now came the matter of rebuilding Equestria of all the damage caused by Opaline during her conquest.

Maretime Bay was being rebuilt by everypony from all over Equestria. Sunny went around Maretime Bay checking in on the progress, and encouraging ponies to do their part to bring joy back to Maretime Bay.

"You're doing great." Sunny said.

Sunny stood at the center of Maretime Bay, and spoke to everypony.

"Thank you, everypony." Sunny said. "I knew you ponies could all do it. This is what I've been hoping to see all this time. Ponies chipping in as a community and doing good for everypony. Ponies can do so much good for all if you just believe. And it warms my heart to see it first hoof everypony helping out."

"Well, it's the least we owe you, Sunny, for saving us all." Jazz said from the crowd.

"You owe me nothing. It is my duty to bring unity, and protect Equestria. Seeing everypony prosper is thanks enough." Sunny said.

"And speaking of..." Sunny said, thinking of Misty.


In the community garden, Sunny saw Misty planting her hooves in the soil. Sunny hadn't talked to Misty about Opaline since her defeat. Though it would probably be a difficult topic, but now seemed as good a time as any to bring it up.

Sunny approached Misty carefully.

"Um, Misty?" Sunny said.

"Oh. Hey, Sunny. What's up?" Misty asked.

"How are you doing?" Sunny asked.

"I'm doing good." Misty replied.

"That's good. I'm a little surprised to hear that." Sunny said.

"That what, Sunny?" Misty asked.

"You seem to be in a better mood than I was expecting." Sunny said.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Misty asked.

"Well, you know. I haven't asked you about um... her." Sunny said.

"Oh, right." Misty said.

"Listen, Misty. I know it's probably hard for you, but I assure you-" Sunny said.

"Sunny, listen. I'm not upset about that." Misty said.

"You're not?" Sunny asked.

"No. Sunny, look. Being rid of Opaline is the best thing that's happened to me. Opaline was terrible to me, through and through. She never had my back. She was just using me to do her deeds in the parts of Equestria she was forbidden from going. She promised me things she never intended on gifting me." Misty said, while crying slowly. "I only stayed with her for so long because I had nowhere else to go. But now I do. I have real friends. I don't need Opaline. And I won't be missing her."

"That's good. I'm glad for you, Misty. You're right. Good riddance." Sunny said.

"How about you, Sunny?" Misty asked.

"I mean, obviously I wouldn't have chosen to banish her to the void. But she did it to herself." Sunny said.

"Hey, don't give her any sympathy. She doesn't deserve it." Misty said. "I'm sure she's fine in the void, only now she is in a place where she can't harm any pony ever again."

Sunny looked down.

"I know it's the alicorn's duty to help anypony in need, but Opaline crosses that line." Misty said.

Sunny looked up.

"Yeah. You're right, Misty." Sunny said.


Sunny Starscout in the Brighthouse. She looked at the three Unity Crystals floating in the prisbeam. She held her hoof to her heart, and was grateful, in spite of all the turmoil that had happened over the past few weeks. In spite of everything, the release of Cozy Glow, Tirek, and Chrysalis, the rise of Opaline and her spell, and the near destruction of everything, it was thanks to Sunny's bravery, and unity with her friends, they managed to thwart every obstacle, and restore unity to everypony.

Sunny looked up at the prisbeam and whispered to herself. "Thank you..."

Sunny then looked out and was surprised to see Cozy Glow hanging out on the Brighthouse balcony.

"Cozy Glow?" Sunny said. "Didn't notice you there earlier."

"You alright." Sunny asked.

"I'm fine. I'm still just getting used to this whole new Equestria thing." Cozy said.

"And..." Sunny said.

"And... you know... I think I'm ready, and willing to let you show me how, Sunny Starscout." Cozy said.

"Is that so, Cozy?" Sunny asked.

"Mhm. After trying for generations to obtain power, and failing every time, I uh... think I'm ready for something different." Cozy said. "There's a warmness to you and your friends that I never got from Twilight. I wouldn't mind being your friend. Like, for real. I-If you want to be my friend, of course."

Sunny smiled at the pegasus filly. "Of course, Cozy. I'll be your friend." she said.

Cozy stood up and walked up to Sunny. Sunny gave Cozy a nice hug.

"Thank you, Sunny." Cozy said.

Sunny patted Cozy on the head, and made her giggle.

"Now, what would you like to see, Cozy?" Sunny said.

"I think I'd just like to sightsee." Cozy said.

"Okay. Well, how about the top of the Brighthouse here? Like the view?" Sunny asked.

Cozy looked out towards the vista. From the top of the Brighthouse, all the major destinations of Equestria could be seen. The bayside town of Maretime Bay. The forests of Bridlewood. And the high mountains of Zephyr Heights. Three pony civilizations, now home to all pony kinds.

"I do like this." Cozy replied.

Sunny smiled and replied. "Me too, Cozy. Me too."

The End

Author's Note:

Thank you to all for reading my G5 story. What was supposed to be a short story that was to be published by contest 3's deadline, became a huge thing in my side for over a year. What was supposed to be a quick but epic story following on from Chapter 2's promise of an epic encounter with Opaline, ended up getting out paced by Make Your Mark, and took longer than the entirety of Make Your Mark's run anyway. Regardless, I hope you enjoyed reading my take on a Cozy Glow meets G5 story.

Comments ( 2 )

What happen to Tirek & Chrysalis? Will they travel to find if they are Centaurs and Changelings are still alive when Twilight sealed magic away? Also will Sunny asked some questions about the past? Like Cozy will tell that Twilight's friend Discord tricked them to be pawns for Twilight's confidence?

"No. Sunny, look. Being rid of Opaline is the best thing that's happened to me. Opaline was terrible to me, through and through. She never had my back. She was just using me to do her deeds in the parts of Equestria she was forbidden from going. She promised me things she never intended on gifting me." Misty said, while crying slowly. "I only stayed with her for so long because I had nowhere else to go. But now I do. I have real friends. I don't need Opaline. And I won't be missing her."

I don't think this is true. And I hope that is not true.

Login or register to comment