• Published 11th Mar 2022
  • 3,645 Views, 197 Comments

(Un)Skilled - nameundetermined



An every day loser gets a second shot at life. His goal: Escape mediocrity. His chances: Low.

  • ...
20
 197
 3,645
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 21 )

I wonder just what kind of maths i used given all those stats can be represented by polynomials induvidually, and various levels of matrices when in conjunction, say for gamers wanting to minmax? Although I just cant remembere where I saw that article. Im sure it was something about ratio of size of polynomial to r^2, the example resulting in a relatively simple curve and a single minima?

Be intresting getting Monk Class, able to meditate while moving, Combat Flow?:trixieshiftright:

11192748
The stats are just meta representations of your actual ability level. It's the abilities that give you advantages and such ^^

It'll all be explained dw

Typo

most ponies make due unjust fine in most things without it.

*just fine

Meditation level multiplied by five. This is really insane; are you trying to make everything op that everything becomes balance?

Imagine a level 70 meditation. That would mean multiple stat increase by 450%! If an arcane skill is at 70, you would get 385 arcane skill. Sounds like Incognito might even move the stars and space itself!

I mean, unless I'm mistaken, that's an incredible boost when it's leveled, hell, it's incredible now. Unless everyone gets it, then not really :p

11192897
Wording is important here! It increases the potency of the skill, not the actual skill itself, unlike the benefits from Cowardice. 450 percent of the potency of a 70 skill user is not necessarily equal to the potency of say, a 100 skill user, let alone a 120+, as the actual gap in ability between a 1 and a 50 is much different than the gap between a 50 and a 100 for a litany of reasons that have yet to be explained In depth.

The stats/skills are just broad Metaphysical representations of a creatures actual level of ability within a field ^^

11193160

The potency... is increased by a percentage...

I am not sure what you mean. In game sense, this self buff would logically mean a flat additive or multiplicative modifier usually. What does your potency mean?

11193285
It'll require in depth explanation of mechanics that haven't been properly focused on yet. The loose and fast explanation is that a 300 percent increase in potency is roughly equivalent to operating with a skill a rank higher than normal. So if you were skill level 20(the floor for rank d), you'd be operating at the capacity of a skill level 50 user (the floor for rank c)

It was glossed over very quickly earlier in no real detail, more through explanations will be forthcoming in the story.

11192811
Corrected, thank you ^^

Hmm... Jackpot doesn't sound too bad for a teacher; and he works well with kids. Skills like that are probably required to be a good entertainer. I'll look forward to see more of him.

11193377
After raising Trixie that stallion probably has the patience of a saint XD

I don't see the point sparing Trixie punishment for physicaly assaulting somepony...

Nice lesson, meditation can help a lot to calm and focus.

Wonder if Pegasus meditation help flying and the perception of the magic in the air...

This is fun so far :) Im looking forward to New Chapters and where you will take it.
It is interesting to see Ponyville while the main cast are still children. The world where everybody can see their status. Education must be very much better with ability to see that information. Likes the tibit about the cutiemark basicly taking limit off a skill,kinda sweet thing. Im enjoying the world building elements the most tbh.

Im bit concerned about you making Incognito stupidly powerful,over the top but the opening have lead me to think that wont be the case.
About the [COWARD] which system put on Nito. Is that kind of working like an title? .As in System ,the Goddess who clearly has her eyes on him putting this to disapprove? Or it is working like kind of an passive skill which will now affect how he acts? : Wont again act to save others without thinking about his own safety.

This is fun, and genuinely reminds me of light novels. The use of a poorly defined levelling system is perfect for that, (Although I enjoy that his max level and max potency are different, he won't master meditation, but being at least journeyman level would be interesting for say, spell-casting,) as it allows for suitably light-novelesque bullshit.

To anyone who's complaining about the potency thing, have you ever read light novels?


Overall wonderful, here's to more sooner than later!

I hope you post the next chapter soon and I hope your main OC character can get rid of his curses even though he wants to be average if he ends up meeting the main 6 in the future he needs to face his fears and become more than an average pony to help them.

11218224
Maybe, but I imagine she doesn't. The Goddess seems to have specific attention on the MC and I seriously doubt she would normally allow children to be cursed. Plus, I feel like the father would've noticed

Ooo, this is getting interesting.~

-Rub

I still hope you'll come back to writing this fic - it was really enjoyable.

Update when? I love this story and I need more! :fluttershysad:

Login or register to comment