• Published 24th Mar 2021
  • 378 Views, 8 Comments

EqG Tales: Alphabet Edition - Brian Sheil



When there’s a school project to be done, Diamond Tiara has a basic idea.

  • ...
 8
 378

Z is for Zoom

Author's Note:

This is it. The final chapter. You'll like the ending.

At her home in Sweet Apple Acres, Applejack finished her chores, and decided to rest up. After taking off her boots, she climbed into the hammock, and looked up into the sky.

"Ah. This is the life." Applejack sighed. "My little sister is right. A day like this is good barefoot weather."

Just as she was falling asleep, a rainbow blur zipped past her. This caught her attention.

"Rainbow Dash!" Applejack called out. "What's with the rude awakenin'?"

The blur stopped, revealing Rainbow Dash herself. "How did you guess?"

"That rainbow blur you come in with is sort of a trademark with you."

The spectrum haired athletic girl blushed. "Touché."

Applejack stood up after getting off the hammock. "So, what brings y'all here?"

"There's going to be an air show coming to Canterlot City, Applejack." Rainbow Dash explained.

"Air show?" Applejack wondered. "Ya mean with different kinds of aircraft?"

"You got it. I'm so looking forward to the jets. The way they zoom across the skies. WOW!"

"That sounds kind of wild. When is this event?"

"Next week at two o'clock." Rainbow Dash replied. "I'll let you know where it'll be."

"Probably at an air field." Applejack figured. "I'll be there."

As Rainbow Dash walks calmly away, she turns and looks at her farmer friend. "Talking a cue from your sister and going barefoot. Huh?"

"Well," Applejack explained, "sunny skies, gentle breezes, why not?"

Feeling the breezes, Dash realized that Applejack made a point. "True. See you later."

One week later, Twilight and her friends are in the stands waiting for the air show to start.

"I'm pretty glad we came here." Twilight praised. "I like the designs on some of these jets."

"So do I." Fluttershy added. "One of these jets was painted black and white like a zebra."

Minutes later, the show has started. A group of jets flew overhead. The crowd cheered as the jets leave colorful smoke behind. Rainbow Dash was very happy. "Awesome."

"When those colored smoke streaks are arranged like a rainbow," Rarity said, "it would put a smile on your kisser."

Soon, the girls watch stunts performed by old fashioned airplanes. There were even people walking on the wings.

"Wing walkers?" Pinkie gasped. "You have to be zany to do something like that."

As the show progresses, Sunset unzipped the zipper of her leather jacket to feel a little cooler. "Wow. The Wonderbolts of Equestria would be jealous of these events."

Epilogue of story

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon walk home from school.

"Wow!" Silver Spoon shouted. "Straight A. You're project was great. Including the last chapter featuring words beginning with the letter Z."

"You're right." Diamond replied. "Zip, Zebra, Zoom, Zany, and Zipper. My short story collection wowed the class."

Suddenly, they were approached by those twin tricksters, the Flim Flam brothers.

"Did we here that you have a short story collection?" Flim asked.

"Arranged like letters of the alphabet?" Flam added.

"I have." Diamond replied. "What of it?"

Flim stepped up. "My brother and I would like to buy that book from you, to commemorate your finest achievement."

And, to make copies of it to sell for the masses. Flam thought. Once we make a fortune, we'll take all the credit for her work.

Silver Spoon got worried. "Careful, Diamond. Apple Bloom warned us of these shifty guys."

"Relax, Silver Spoon." Diamond assured. "I can handle this."

"You know, there are some words that start with Z you missed." Flim informed.

Flam spoke up. "We shall demonstrate."

The brothers held their arms up and walk like they're in a trance. Flim spoke up. "Zombie".

They then ran into what looks like a cage. Flam spoke up. "And, Zoo."

The girls look at the Flim Flam brothers in the cage as Flim makes his offer. "Now, how much money would you like for us to have that book?"

Diamond closed the door of the cage, trapping the tricky Twins. She then give them her answer. "Zero."

The brothers got disappointed. Flam moaned with defeat. "Oh."

THE END

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment