• Published 24th Mar 2021
  • 378 Views, 8 Comments

EqG Tales: Alphabet Edition - Brian Sheil



When there’s a school project to be done, Diamond Tiara has a basic idea.

  • ...
 8
 378

E is for Exercise

Author's Note:

Trixie needs to find a way to get in shape. Yoga could be the answer.

With Spring in the air, many people are getting ready to get in shape. Trixie Lulamoon is one of them. Even though she is a decent street magician, she has to keep in shape. The question is, HOW? As Trixie sits on a bench, sipping on some green tea, Fluttershy walks on by, carrying a light teal mat with her.

"Hi, Trixie." Fluttershy greeted calmly.

"Oh. It’s you, Fluttershy. " Trixie replied in a grumpy mood.

The nature lover was startled by that response. "Something wrong?"

"You could say that. Spring is here, as you know. It's at this time of year when people are determined to get in shape. I fell I should too."

"I know what you're saying. But, you don't look plump like an elephant. "

"Maybe. But, most people only see me in this blue hooded sweatshirt. I want to prove that I can look good too."

This gave Fluttershy an idea. "Why don't you try some simple exercises to star with. Like, for instance, yoga."

Trixie raised an eyebrow. "Yoga? I heard that it's becoming popular these days." She soon got interested. "Do you think it can help me?"

"It might." Fluttershy replied. "I'm going to my favorite wooded area to do some yoga myself. See you later."

As Fluttershy left, Trixie thought about it for a moment. Then, she made a decision. "If yoga is good for someone like Fluttershy, I'll try it too."

The next weekend, wearing a yellow long sleeve shirt and blue spandex shorts, Trixie makes her way to Canterlot State Park for a Yoga in the Park event taking place.

"This mat I'm carrying is a nice shade of purple." Trixie said to herself. "I heard that Sunset's own yoga teacher, Lotus Blossom, is hosting this class."

As she made her way to the park, Trixie sees an eagle in the sky. This is something Fluttershy would like. On an elevated platform, Lotus Blossom speaks to about seven people.

"Good morning, friends." Lotus announced. "It's so nice to have you attending this yoga class outside. It's a nice day for it."

Trixie approached the area, and is spotted by the teacher.

"I see we're being joined by the Great and Powerful Trixie." Lotus said.

This made Trixie gasp with shock. "You know about me?"

"Yes. Sunset Shimmer tells me about many of the citizens in this town, including you. Just set up your mat, so that you can join us."

Unrolling her mat, Trixie took off her shoes and stepped on the mat. Soon, she started to follow Lotus and the other people. While bending into Donward Facing Dog, she chuckled a little. As she and the others perform Tree Pose, Lotus gave some advice.

"Remember to respect your body's limit." Lotus advised. "You don't have to go all the way if you don't need to."

Trixie feels the burn on her knees while doing Chair Pose.

This is probably how Rainbow Dash keeps her legs in shape for soccer. Trixie thought.

After the session was over, everyone packed their stuff and exited the park. Trixie was ready to leave when Lotus Blossom caught up with her.

"I'm impressed with how well you adjusted." Lotus praised.

"Thank you." Trixie replied. "Now, I can see why you're a grand yoga teacher. Sunset is lucky to have you as her instructor. "

Lotus blushed. "Thank you. I'll be sure to tell her that."

After bowing to her teacher, Trixie headed for home. At her place, Trixie sat cross legged on her mat with her eyes closed. She learned that meditation is good for the soul. A timer went off on her phone in front of her. Slowly opening her eyes, Trixie picks up her phone, and turns off her alarm.

"Five minutes." Trixie said to herself. "Not bad for a start. Next time, I'll try six."

The weekend came and gone. At school, Trixie feels good inside. It seems that yoga helped her a lot. Fluttershy watched with admiration.

"Trixie is on the right path, noble readers." Fluttershy said. "Not bad for a story with words beginning with the letter E. There was Elephant, Elevated, Eagle, Exit, and of course, Exercise. "

She opened her locker, and a bunch of lowercase and capital Es poured out. "E is also the first letter in the word," A group of students walked by. "Everybody!" They all took the Es with them, leaving behind an empty locker. "And, the word, Empty." She closes her locker. "And," she looks around, making sure nobody is around. "the word, Egg."

Taking out an egg, Fluttershy takes a spoon to crack it. Soon, a lowercase E comes out. This made Fluttershy happy.