• Published 24th Mar 2021
  • 378 Views, 8 Comments

EqG Tales: Alphabet Edition - Brian Sheil



When there’s a school project to be done, Diamond Tiara has a basic idea.

  • ...
 8
 378

D is for Dance

Author's Note:

For the letter D, Rarity helps Rainbow Dash with some dance moves.

Inside her house, Rarity is helping Rainbow Dash learn a new dance. Rarity wore a deep blue short sleeve shirt and black spandex exercise shorts. Rainbow Dash wore her purple tank top and light teal 3/4 tights. They were moving to some Bollywood type music.

"Keep moving slowly, Dashie." Rarity advised. "You'll get the hang of it."

"Well," Rainbow replied nervously. "okay."

As the music plays, the two girls move and dance in sync. The spectrum haired athlete is starting to feel the rhythm. Later, Rainbow sat cross legged on the floor as Rarity walks in the door with two cups in her hand.

"Chamomile, Rainbow?" Rarity asked.

"Eh." Dash replied. "Beggars can't be choosers. Needed to relax anyway."

After handing Rainbow her cup and plate, Rarity sat down next to her.

"I'm impressed that you stuck with me." Rarity praised.

"Thanks, Rares." Rainbow said, taking a sip of her tea. "I took to that dance you're teaching like a duck to water."

"With dance events coming to our city, I'm guessing you want to be ready for anything. "

"You got that right. And, that music moved me. The strings of the sitar, those Indian type drums, somehow it sounds cool when dancing like that."

A sudden flash of inspiration came to Rarity. She went to her desk, and grabbed a piece of paper. While still relaxing, Rainbow looked at a dove in the window.

Fluttershy would fall in love with that dove. Dash thought.

Rarity came into the room with her paper. "Here's a way to show off those dance moves."

Dash raised an eyebrow. "Come again?"

"There's a dance festival at a local restaurant that caters to Indian cuisine. Some of that music is like what we were dancing too."

"Whoa. I think I know which restaurant you're talking about. Applejack told me about this place. Some of that food sounds spicy. Like many varieties of curry."

"See." Rarity said. "You’re opening up nicely."

This made Rainbow Dash smile. "Let's go for it!"

Later that day, Rarity and Rainbow Dash are in the restaurant of Indian culture. People are sitting, enjoying their meals, and listening to the music.

"Aren't you glad that I brought you here?" Rarity asked.

"I sure am." Dash replied as she takes a bite of some food. "This tandoori chicken is spicy. But, I like it."

"I'm impressed that you went along with dressing differently. "

"True. Skirts are not usually my thing. But, I can adjust."

Rainbow Dash's outfit consists of a short sleeve button teal shirt, a flowing dark teal skirt, and white platform shoes. As the music plays, a dancer dressed with a pink top, light pink pants, and curved shoes came out to dance. The people watched with delight. The dancer came to Rarity and Rainbow's table.

"Would you like to dance with me?" The dancer asked Rainbow Dash.

The spectrum haired athlete thought about it for a few seconds. Then, gave a response. "Sure. Lead the way."

Rarity was impressed that Rainbow volunteered. As the music resumes, the dancer turned to her partner for the night. "Follow my lead. This will be fun."

Rainbow Dash started to follow the dancer's movements. Rarity watched with delight as she takes a bite of curry. This curry maybe spicy. But, tasty. I must thank Pinkie for recommending this place.

The two ladies continue to dance. When the music was over, the crowd cheered. The dancer thanked Rainbow Dash for joining her.

"You danced very good." The dancer praised.

"Thank you, madame." Dash replied elegantly.

Rainbow Dash returned to her table, and see Rarity sweating a little.

"What’s wrong, Rarity?" Dash asked. "It's not that warm in here."

"I think this curry is a little spicy." Rarity answered while taking a sip of water. "Spicy food can make you feel a bit hot."

Meanwhile, at another table, Lyra Heartstrings and Bon Bon are enjoying the restaurant too.

"As you can tell, readers of this short tale," Lyra announced, "this chapter features words begin with the letter D. Dance, Duck, Dove, Desk, Drum,..." Lyra looked at her friend with confusion. "What are you looking for, Bon Bon?"

"I'm just waiting for dinner, Lyra." Bon Bon answered.

The girls' meals arrived. Lyra has a bowl of lamb curry while Bon Bon has a shish kebab.

"Like Bon Bon just indicated, " Lyra continued, "the word 'Dinner' starts with D."

As Bon Bon munches on some chicken cubes from the shish kebab, Lyra was surprised with the way her friend is eating. "Bon Bon, take it easy! Mind your manners. Don't chew with your mouth open."

Bon Bon gulped down her bite of chicken. "Need salt."