• Published 24th Mar 2021
  • 377 Views, 8 Comments

EqG Tales: Alphabet Edition - Brian Sheil



When there’s a school project to be done, Diamond Tiara has a basic idea.

  • ...
 8
 377

Q is for Quilt

Author's Note:

When Limestone Pie spent the night at Applejack's house, she falls in love with a quilt she spotted.

It was a rainy day at Sweet Apple Acres. Inside the main house, Applejack and Apple Bloom watched the rain fall as a visitor, Limestone Pie, hung up the phone.

"I just spoke to my father." Limestone informed. "He said that I should stay here for the night."

"That's pretty nice of him to let you stay with us." Applejack said.

"He figured by the time that rain stops, it'll be too late at night for me to go home."

"Well, at least y'all will get some peace and quiet around here tonight." Apple Bloom said happily. "Maybe the sound of the rain can lull you to sleep."

During dinnertime, Limestone praised her hosts.

"Your cooking is impressive, Granny Smith." Limestone cheered. "You and the Apple sisters work well together."

"It was your folks who gave me some good ideas." Granny Smith replied.

"Mmm. That's why it tastes pretty good. I can taste my mother's touches in your cooking."

Everybody was happy with Limestone's praises. In the living room, Limestone was admiring a quilt on the couch.

"I like this quilt." Limestone said. "Did you stitch this yourself?"

"Yes, I have." Granny replied. "It took me a month to put it together. But, the results are a pleasant sight."

"My mother is the same when it comes to projects like this. They can't be done very quick. No need to rush on this."

Granny Smith smiled, knowing Limestone is happy with the quilt. Later that night, dressed in a simple white nightshirt, Limestone sits on the couch as Applejack walks in wearing her blue one piece union suit.

"Thank for this nightshirt, Applejack." Limestone said.

"Anything to oblige you." Applejack replied. "Are you sure you're comfortable with sleeping on the couch?"

"I'll get used to it. I don't want to crowd you guys out."

The honest farm girl was impressed. "You sure about this?"

"To quote your big brother," Limestone replied, "Eeyup."

Applejack was pleased with Limestone's thought. "This feels as good as when my sister saw a quail on our backyard porch."

"A quail?" Limestone gasped. "That sister of yours is lucky to see one."

Limestone laid down on the couch. Her head rested on a pillow as Applejack drapes the quilt over her.

"This quilt feels good." Limestone said as she was relaxing. "Thanks, Applejack."

"No problem." Applejack replied as she left for her own room. "Good night."

As Applejack left for her room, Limestone got comfortable.

"This is one of the most comfortable couches I ever sat or laid down on." Limestone to herself. "No question about that."

Pretty soon, Limestone drifted off to sleep.


From Fluttershy's house, Zephyr Breeze, her brother, makes an announcement.

"Hello, readers. Zephyr Breeze speaking." Zephyr said happily. "I hope you like this chapter. As you can tell, some of the words, Quiet, Question, Quilt, Quail, Quick, and Quote, all begin with the letter Q." Zephyr reaches into his pocket, and pulls out a coin. "And, here's something else that starts Q. It's a Quarter. That's right. Twenty-five cents."

Sneaking up on Zephyr, a walking mechanical pig looked at the coin. It took the coin, and put it in a slot on the top of it's back. This shocked Zephyr a lot. The pig walks away, leaving Zephyr Breeze out of luck.