• Published 24th Mar 2021
  • 378 Views, 8 Comments

EqG Tales: Alphabet Edition - Brian Sheil



When there’s a school project to be done, Diamond Tiara has a basic idea.

  • ...
 8
 378

W is for Wagon

Author's Note:

Applejack and her family looks at an old fashioned relic as they prepare for an event in Appleloosa.

Granny Smith gathered her family in the backyard to show everyone something special.

"How do you like it, family?" Granny asked.

"Wow!" Apple Bloom gasped. "A real covered wagon."

"I thought things like this get lost in the past." Applejack added. "What's the occasion to restore this wagon, Granny?"

Granny gave her family an explanation. "Appleloosa is hosting a wild west day. And, many wagons like this are being restored."

"Probably to relive great moments from those days."

Big Macintosh agreed. "Eeyup."

Granny Smith gave out some more details. "The wheels of those wagons, as well as this one, are made from real sturdy wood. Polished and protected, ready to roll."

The family smiled, knowing that this is going to be fun. The next day, at Appleloosa, the Wild West festivities are underway. In one of the saloons, many people sit and enjoy the atmosphere.

"Thanks for joining us, Applejack." Said cousin Braeburn.

"Our pleasure, Braeburn." Applejack replied. "And, I'm glad my friends were able to come with me."

At one of the tables, Rainbow and Rarity look around the saloon. Rarity was amazed by something unusual.

"I'm impressed." Rarity said. "You haven't ordered this town's apple cider."

"Last time I had cider in Appleloosa," Rainbow informed, "I got a bit nauseous. That stuff is too strong."

"Makes sense. Applejack makes cider that's very tolerable."

Rainbow Dash looks out a window. "Yeah. AJ can give the bartender tips on how to make good cider."

Outside, Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer look at the wagon Applejack brought over.

"It’s amazing how these pieces of western history are restored." Twilight said with interest.

"Everything here is amazing." Sunset added. "I can picture myself strolling into town, going into a saloon, and cause panic all over the place."

This made Twilight cringe. "Sunset, your days as a brute are over. What would my pony counterpart in Equestria think?"

"I was just imagining for fun, Twilight. I'm sure Princess Twi and her friends have similar celebrations like this."

Twilight felt a little better. Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy look at a lot of horses cared for.

"I can imagine all of these horses back in the early days." Fluttershy praised. "Running around in prairies, wild and free."

"Probably just the way you like it.” Pinkie replied.

"I never thought of it that way. Good thinking, Pinkie."

The party girl blushed. Elsewhere, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo are enjoying themselves.

"It’s nice of you to have your sister bring us here." Scootaloo said happily.

"I figured that since the three of us are adventurous girls," Apple Bloom explained, "we would have a lot fun."

Sweetie Belle munched on an apple, and looked at the environment. "When Appaloosa has an event like this, they go all out."

Soon, the Apple sisters' cousin from Manehattan, Babs Seed, comes along.

"Hi, guys." Babs greeted.

"Babs!" Apple Bloom gasped. "This is a surprise."

"Hi, Babs." Scootaloo said happily. "Having a good time?"

"This whole chapter is a good time." Babs replied. "Especially all of these words beginning with the letter W. Wagon, Window, Wheel, West, Wood, and Wild."

"There's one word starting with W that interest me right now." Sweetie Belle said as she heads for a cooler. "Water."

Sweetie pushes a button that dispenses the water. But, nothing. Thinking there's something wrong, she looks at the faucet. Suddenly, it splashed water all over her. Her friends were very surprised as Sweetie recovers. "W."