• Published 24th Mar 2021
  • 377 Views, 8 Comments

EqG Tales: Alphabet Edition - Brian Sheil



When there’s a school project to be done, Diamond Tiara has a basic idea.

  • ...
 8
 377

S is for Snow

Author's Note:

The Cutie Mark Crusaders investigate why a young snowboarder has problems.

Winter has arrived in Canterlot City. Everybody was looking forward for some time in the snow. At Sweet Apple Acres, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo were on one of the tall hills with sleds in hand.

"Ready for a ride down the hill?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"I sure am." Scootaloo said excitingly.

"Let's take off!" Apple Bloom announced.

One at a time, the three girls went sliding down the hill. At the bottom, the girls were pleased with their run. Inside the house, the girls were enjoying some hot chocolate. They soon heard a news report on TV about a young snowboarder getting attacked a brutal man. He had light brown skin and dark brown hair. He wore a thick blue coat over a gray business suit. The girls looked horrified when they saw that the man ordered security guards to detach the boy from his board and eject him from the area.

"That don't look fair!" Scootaloo protested. "Whoever he is, he's a low down snake!"

"That's putting it mildly." Applejack replied as she comes in to the living room. "The guy's name is Bitter Frost. He used to be a professional snowboarder until he was blamed for cheating during one event."

"Wait a minute, sis." Apple Bloom said. "Bitter Frost doesn't cheat when he snowboards. I read up on him last year."

"He was one of the most honorable competitors in that field. Unfortunately, when he tried to explain to the judges that they made a mistake, somehow they wouldn't listen."

This got the three girls worried. Days later, Apple Bloom and her friends wondered why Bitter Frost would cause a young snowboarder tobe thrown out. They decided to speak with him about it. They met him at a ski resort where he goes to regularly.

"The boy I had ejected was my son: Chiller Frost." Bitter explained. "When he heard about what happened to me, he was determined to pick up where I left off."

"To prove there's still honor within your family." Apple Bloom figured.

"That's correct, young lady. But, somebody keeps calling me to stop him. Somehow, I often snap and take it out on Chiller."

"Who would want you to stop your son from his dreams?" Sweetie Belle wondered.

Bitter Frost thought about it for a minute or so. Suddenly, he reaches into a briefcase he brings along, and pulls out a picture.

"There's one possibility. " Bitter said as she presents a picture to the girls. It's a picture of a gray skinned man with black hair and curly mustache. "My old rival in the snowboard scene, Burgundy Bile."

"He looks mean." Scootaloo noticed.

"That's for sure. This guy always wanted to make me look bad."

"Did he compete at the event you were accused of cheating?" Apple Bloom asked.

"No." Bitter then had a thought. "But, he might have sneaked in to humiliate me. I'm going to make a few phone calls."

Apple Bloom and company think that this will turn out good. One week later, a snowboarding contest is held. Bitter Frost talks to his son.

"Thanks for letting me compete, dad." Chiller said happily.

"It's my way to make up for my misdeeds." Bitter replied. "When I told the judges of my competition about Burgundy Bile, they told me that he DID spread bad info about me."

"I guess he wanted to make sure no member of our family snowboards anymore."

"That was then, this is now. Win one for us!"

The two people hugged each other as Chiller Frost went to compete.

Thank you, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo. Bitter Frost thought. You saved my reputation, and my son's dreams."

On the snowy streets of town, Mr. Cranky Doodle admires the atmosphere.

"I hope you readers enjoyed this chapter. " Cranky Doodle said. "Especially with words beginning with the letter S. Snow, Sled, Snake, and Son are some of them."

He heard sounds coming close to him.

"But, there's one word that starts with S," Cranky Doodle said, "I'm particularly fond of."

A group of kids on sleds, skates, and snowboards come close to him. He yells one word to halt them. "STOP!"

Everyone stops moving. This made Cranky Doodle happy.