• Published 24th Mar 2021
  • 377 Views, 8 Comments

EqG Tales: Alphabet Edition - Brian Sheil



When there’s a school project to be done, Diamond Tiara has a basic idea.

  • ...
 8
 377

C is for Chalk

Author's Note:

Scootaloo wants to find a way to congratulate Rainbow Dash on a victory in a soccer game. Something simple like a cool drawing is a good way.

Walking down the street, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo admire the nice weather in town.

"Spring is in the air." Sweetie Belle said.

"So is a victory on the soccer field!" Scootaloo shouted.

"Come again?" Apple Bloom wondered.

"You guys haven't heard? The Wonderbolts won a soccer game recently. Rainbow Dash is at the diner right now during a great celebration."

"Wow! That's great, Scoots."

"Yeah!" Sweetie added. "A victory like that does deserve a celebration."

The three friends looked up at a clock in town.

"Uh oh. I better head for home." Apple Bloom realized. "I promised Applejack I'd help her and Big Mac clean the barn."

"Speaking of helping," Sweetie Belle said, "I got to help Rarity get a new outfit ready for Spring Break. Later, Scootaloo."

The three friends went their separate ways. Scootaloo walked home, thinking about Rainbow's victory. I wonder how I can congratulate Rainbow on her victory.

As she entered her house, she sees her visiting Aunt Lofty slice up some cucumbers and carrots.

"Hi, Aunt Lofty." Scootaloo greeted. "Making a salad to go with dinner tonight?"

"I sure am." Lofty replied. "I'm sure you'll like it."

Inside her room, Scootaloo sat on her bed, thinking about that victory.

"I wonder how I can congratulate Rainbow on her victory." Scootaloo said to herself.

She saw on her dresser a box of thick pieces of colored chalk. Suddenly, she came up with an idea. "I KNOW!"

Later that day, Rainbow Dash walked down the street, happy about her victory. As she came to her house, she sees something on her driveway. It was a chalk drawing of a rainbow with the words "Way to go, RD!" written with white chalk.

"Where did this come from?" Rainbow asked herself.

Just then, Scootaloo came from behind a bush. "Congratulations, Rainbow Dash!"

Needless to say, Rainbow Dash was surprised. "Hey, Scoots. Did you draw this?"

"I sure did. This is my way to cheer for your victory."

"I heard that you get very creative with that colored chalk of yours." An idea came to her head. "Hold on a sec."

Rainbow went into her house. Came out a few seconds later with a camera in her hands. She then took a picture of Scootaloo's chalk drawing.

"This will be one great memory." Rainbow Dash said. "See you later, Scoots. Knowing my parents, they'll be all over me on how good I did."

Rainbow Dash went back into her house. Scootaloo is happy with her work. Taking out her smartphone, she took a picture of her drawing. This way, she won't forget about this either.

Watching from inside his house, Rumble decides to do a little 4th wall breaking.

"Pretty good story. Right, everyone?" Rumble said. "Especially will all of these words beginning with the letter C. Chalk, Cucumber, Clock, Carrot, and Camera. One of my favorite words is CAT. I wish I had a cat like that cat Rarity and Sweetie Belle have."

Rumble then make his way to the front door. "I'll bet there's a cat outside this door right now, just waiting to be cuddled and loved." He opens the door, and a lion was outside. One powerful roar, and Rumble closed the door quick. "Nope."