• Published 24th Mar 2021
  • 377 Views, 8 Comments

EqG Tales: Alphabet Edition - Brian Sheil



When there’s a school project to be done, Diamond Tiara has a basic idea.

  • ...
 8
 377

X is for Xylophone

Author's Note:

Bon Bon shows a little musical talent of her own.

In the school music room, Bon Bon was practicing playing a xylophone. Soon, her best friend, Lyra Heartstrings, came into the music room. Octavia Melody was with her.

"Bravo." Lyra cheered. She and Octavia applauded her playing.

"Lyra!" Bon Bon gasped. "How long have you been watching?"

"Octavia and I came in a minute ago. We heard xylophone music and decided to check it out."

"You played that xylophone well." Octavia praised. "Just like I play my cello."

Bon Bon blushed, knowing that her musical talents are appreciated. The next day, Lyra and Bon Bon were walking together downtown for some peace in quiet. They pass by Sweet Apple Acres where they see Big Macintosh use an ax to chop down some wood.

"I love Saturdays." Bon Bon cheered. "No school, no homework."

"I agree." Lyra agreed. "So, how's your xylophone playing?"

"Getting better. The music teacher was impressed with me. No problems to fix, that's for sure."

At an outdoor cafe, the girls sat at a table discussing Bon Bon's musical talent when Trixie showed up.

"Greetings from the Great and Powerful Trixie!" The up and coming magician announced.

"Trixie!" Lyra gasped. "Do you always have to be sneaky like a fox?"

"Sorry, I always like to show off."

"No kidding." Bon Bon added.

Trixie sat down with the girls. "Did I hear that one of you play a xylophone?"

"Bon Bon here does." Lyra answered. "Me and Octavia saw her practice playing that fun instrument."

Trixie's eyes widened. "WOW! I'd like to hear some of your talents."

"You might." Bon Bon replied. "I was invited to perform in an orchestra for next week. Octavia gave me the invitation."

"Interesting. When's the performance?"

"Next week in the school auditorium at six o'clock."

Trixie stood up to make an announcement. "I shall be there."

The magic girl then threw a smoke bomb on the floor, and it exploded. When the smoke cleared, Trixie was gone.

"That girl has more surprises than those magic tricks involving a box." Lyra realized.

Next Saturday came, and people came to watch the concert. Octavia and Bon Bon took their places in the orchestra. In the audience, many of the staff and students are ready for the show, especially Lyra.

"Is Bon Bon good with a xylophone as you said she is?" Twilight said.

"Trust me." Lyra replied. "Even you'll be impressed."

In the back, Abacus Cinch watched in secret.

"Greetings, readers." Abacus said. "This has been a very interesting chapter involving words with the letter X in them."

Abacus walks cautiously outside the auditorium and down the hall.

"Not many words start with X." Cinch explained. "But, many words in this chapter ended with that letter. Ax, fox, six, box, and fix. And, if you hadn't noticed, there is an X in Trixie."

Soon, she comes up to a door with a lighted sign above it. "There's one word with an X in it that's very handy for me right now. Considering the fact that Twilight is still mad at me for bringing out that demon, Midnight Sparkle, from her soul. The word is 'Exit'." She gave out a nervous chuckle. "Good bye."

Abacus ran off and closed the door behind her.