• Published 24th Mar 2021
  • 377 Views, 8 Comments

EqG Tales: Alphabet Edition - Brian Sheil



When there’s a school project to be done, Diamond Tiara has a basic idea.

  • ...
 8
 377

R is for Rockers

Author's Note:

The Rainbooms sit down to be interviewed by Juniper Montage.

Static

Juniper Montage holds a microphone and is ready to speak.

"Hello, Canterlot City." Juniper announces. "Juniper Montage here at this outdoor stadium. Today, the upcoming music group, the Rainbooms, just finished a grand performance. And, I have been given the green light to interview them.

The scene switches to a room with sky blue wallpaper. Twilight Sparkle sits down for an interview.

"Twilight Sparkle." Juniper said. "You were very surprised when you were chosen to be a lead vocalist."

"I sure was." Twilight replied. "I was a little nervous when Sunset and the others asked me to join them."

"You’re still having nightmares about what the ruthless Abacus Cinch did to you?"

"I sure am. But, thanks to my friends, I try to get over that moment. I guess since I was transferred to Canterlot High, my confidence went as high as a rocket."

The scene changes to Rainbow Dash in the chair.

"Guitarist Rainbow Dash." Juniper said. "Did you ever think that you and the band would be noticed?"

"Not at all." Dash answered. "I guess since me and my band mates shut down the magic of the Dazzlings, we have gotten noticed big time. I'm surprised that radio jockeys didn't pick up on our music."

Now, Applejack sits down with Juniper.

"Bassist Applejack." Juniper said kindly. "Does being part of a farm family help in anyway?"

"Sure enough." Applejack answered. "When the rooster calls 'Cock-a-Doodle -Doo!', my family and I get up and a runnin'."

"I'm sure the other Rainbooms can learn from you."

"Too quote my brother, Big Macintosh, eeyup."

Pinkie Pie now awaits her questions to be asked.

"Drummer Pinkie Pie." Juniper started. "You have fun drumming for the band. True?"

"You said it." Pinkie replied as she munches on a raspberry tart. "Sometimes the energy I get from eating sweet stuff helps." She pulls out a donut. "Jelly donut?"

"Thanks." Juniper puts the donut on her table. "I'll munch on it later."

Pinkie smiles, hearing that. Rarity is next for the interview.

"Rarity, you're an unusual one." Juniper stated. "How does an elegant girl like you fit in with a rock band? Especially with a keytar of all things."

"Even someone like me can surprise you, darling." Rarity answered. "There's something about that instrument that intrigues me."

Fluttershy starts to get nervous as it's her turn.

"You're next, Fluttershy." Juniper said. "Being part of a music group is very nerve racking. Isn't it?"

"It's not that bad." Fluttershy answered. "Being part of a band does help me a bit. But, I often get as nervous as a raccoon hiding from a predator."

Last, but not least, Sunset Shimmer sits down for an interview.

"Sunset Shimmer," Juniper started, "does being part of a band help you get over your problems from the past?"

"A little." Sunset replied. "As you probably know, I used to make many students as jittery as a bunch of rabbits. But, thanks to Twilight's counterpart from Equestria, and the girls in this band, I feel a lot better about myself."

"Thank you, Rainbooms, for the interviews." Juniper announced. "This is Juniper Montage wishing you all, 'Good night'."

Static

Inside a kindergarten class, a female teacher with flowing blond hair and sea foam green skin addresses her class. A friendly dog joins her.

"And now, kids," The teacher said, "I would like to recite a poem featuring some of the words in this chapter that start with the letter R."

The kids listen with anticipation as the teacher goes on with the poem.

R is for Rooster.
and Rabbit, and Raccoon.
It's also for Raspberries.
Which, I'd like to have at noon.
R is also for Radio.
And a Rocket flying high.
Lastly, a beautiful Rainbow,
glittering in the sky.

The kids clapped for such a grand poem.

"Thank you, everyone." The teacher praised. "Now, what letter of the alphabet did we learn about today?"

The dog let out a small growl that sounds like he's saying 'R'. The teacher got shocked. "Good heavens! A talking dog!"