• Published 24th Mar 2021
  • 378 Views, 8 Comments

EqG Tales: Alphabet Edition - Brian Sheil



When there’s a school project to be done, Diamond Tiara has a basic idea.

  • ...
 8
 378

J is for Jump

Author's Note:

I'm bringing an OC I created to be the subject of this chapter.

Rainbow Dash was jogging down the street one morning when she saw someone bouncing in the air. It was a light teal skinned girl with magenta hair in a ponytail. Her hair has white streaks, and she wore a blue long sleeve leotard. Rainbow Dash went to the gate and knocked on it. The girl heard the knock, and opened the gate.

"Oh! Rainbow Dash!" The girl said happily. "This is a nice surprise. "

"Hey, Magenta Whisp." Dash replied. "I thought that was you. I know that hair of yours anywhere."

Rainbow went into the backyard, and saw a trampoline. She was surprised.

"So, this is how you were jumping into the air." Rainbow figured.

"You guess it, RD." Magenta replied. "A good way for me to keep in shape."

"These things could be as tricky as a juggling act at a circus."

"Maybe."

The speedster noticed her leotard. "So, taking up gymnastics. Huh?"

Magenta was impressed that Rainbow Dash figured it out. "You can probably tell by my leotard."

"You got it. I've seen my fair share of gymnastics events. Those girls really worked hard to reach the levels they're at. Even the legendary Mary Lou Retton had to work hard."

"That’s how she earned her gold medals, Dash."

This has gotten Rainbow Dash interested. "How did you get into this anyway?"

"Since you asked, " Magenta replied, "I'll be glad to tell you." Magenta went to a lounge chair and sat cross legged. "It started four months ago. My mom wants me to find another way to keep my body moving."

"Besides with your surfing and yoga?"

"Yeah. She doesn't want my body to be like jelly. So, she signed me up for gymnastics. After she got me a short sleeve green leotard, we went to the athletic center.

Flashback

Inside the center, many kids were stretching to prepare. A female coach with lime green skin and curly blue hair got everybody's attention.

"Let’s see how well you do on the Pommel Horse." The coach said. "Let’s start with you, Comet Burst."

Stepping up is a yellow skinned girl with short orange hair and wearing a crimson long sleeve leotard. She started running towards the pommel horse. Doing a front flip, she hopped on the springboard, landed on the horse, and spun in the air. Comet landed, but took a step back.

"Good work, Comet." The coach praised. "You’re next Magenta. "

Looking at her objective, Magenta took off. She hopped on the springboard, launched off the horse, and flipped in the air. Magenta landed perfectly. Everyone was impressed. Even Comet Burst.

"Excellent. " The coach said happily. "A perfect 3 point landing. "

As Magenta went back to the other kids, Comet Burst got her attention.

"Pretty good take off." Comet said with a pleasing tone. "You were as fast as a jet."

"Really?" Magenta gasped. "I wouldn't go that far."

"I would."

Comet Burst maybe like a rival. But, she does respect me. In the floor exercise, she showed off some of her moves. It's like she was in a diner and the music came from a jukebox.

Magenta watched Comet, and got a little worried.

"Don't worry, Magenta." A light blue skinned boy with white hair said. "You've been working hard too."

As Magenta worked on her routine, Comet watched and is impressed. On the uneven bars, Magenta swung out to finish her routine. She landed with a thud.

"OW!!!" Magenta yelled. Comet Burst went over to see what happened. She called to the coach and other kids. "Someone get me some ice! Get a doctor while you're at it. "

Holding her ankle, Magenta looked at Comet with tears in her eyes.

"You’re helping me?" Magenta sobbed. "I thought you would ridicule what happened."

"I maybe a competitive person." Comet informed. "But, I do care about others. Even you."

This made Magenta feel a little more relaxed.

End of Flashback

"It turned out to be just a sprain." Magenta continued. "That left me out of action for a couple of weeks."

"Man!" Rainbow said. "You must've been devastated."

"A little. But, while I recovered, I went and did my yoga exercises to relax."

Rainbow soon got up and made her way to the gate. "Pretty inspiring story all right. I better get going. Later, Magenta. "

"Okay, Rainbow. " Magenta replied as she and Rainbow hugged each other. "Thanks for dropping by."

As Rainbow went back to her jog, Magenta's mother , Willow Whisp, called out to her. "Magenta, your jacket is cleaned up. Ready for drying."

"Thanks, mom." Magenta replied as she goes in the house to retrieve her jacket, and hang it out to dry.

Static

Twilight Sparkle's dog, Spike, is standing next to a small box with a crank on it.

"Hello, everyone. " Spike greeted. "I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Some of the words, Jacket, Jog, Jelly, Jukebox, Jump, and Juggling, all start with the letter J."

Spike then turns to the box. "This box I'm standing next to is actually a jack in the box. Jack-in-the-box starts with the letter J." He starts to turn the crank. "Want to see how it works?" The door popped open on top of him as a jester type object springs out.

Static