• Published 24th Mar 2021
  • 377 Views, 8 Comments

EqG Tales: Alphabet Edition - Brian Sheil



When there’s a school project to be done, Diamond Tiara has a basic idea.

  • ...
 8
 377

I is for Indoors

Author's Note:

When outdoor plans get canceled, Apple Bloom and her friends have other ideas.

Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and Apple Bloom look out the window of Sweet Apple Acres. It was a gray, rainy day. And, the girls were all sad. They were planning a picnic outside under the apple trees. But, because it's raining, they can't go outside.

"Man, this stinks." Scootaloo shouted in disgust. "Here we are, getting ready for a nice country style picnic. Then, rain spoils the day!"

"Is that why y'all are dressed for the occasion?" Apple Bloom asked.

Scootaloo dressed in a white buttoned shirt, and blue jeans with suspenders. She took off her sneakers and laid down on the couch.

"You got it, AB." Scootaloo replied. "I thought if I dressed like a country style kid, it would fit this place."

Apple Bloom was pleasantly surprised. "Not bad, Scoots. Someday, I should have you try on a pair of bib overalls."

Sweetie Belle, who wore a short sleeve green dress that went just below the knee, came into the conversation. "I can relate to Scootaloo's disgust. Even without the rain, those clouds are as dark as ink. Not really a picnic environment. "

Everybody feels very glum. Then, Apple Bloom got excited. "I have an idea. Since we can't have a picnic outside, let's have it indoors."

The other girls got shocked when they heard that news.

"An indoor picnic?" Sweetie gasped.

"Why not." Scootaloo said. "It's a good way to spend some time together."

"You might be right. It would be a shame to let any good food go to waste."

"All right, then." Apple Bloom announced. "Let's get set up."

Apple Bloom went into her room. After changing into a red T shirt and blue bib overalls with the cuffs rolled up, she grabs an extra blanket from her closet. "This here blanket will make a perfect picnic island."

The country girl brought the blanket downstairs, and spread it out. The other girls were amazed.

"Great thinking, Apple Bloom." Sweetie Belle praised. "This blanket is perfect."

"Yeah!" Scootaloo cheered. "Now, we need one more thing. Food."

"Luckily, we had some grub ready before the rain came along." Apple Bloom said. "Let the picnic fun begin."

The girls sat on the blanket, enjoying their food they brought with them. Sweetie Belle was enjoying a sandwich she brought. Scootaloo was curious. "What kind of sandwich is that?

"PB and J." Sweetie responded after sipping some milk from a small milk jug.

"That doesn't look like a normal peanut butter and jelly sandwich to me."

"That's because it's dark chocolate peanut butter and strawberry jelly."

This got Scoots interested. "I hear dark chocolate and strawberry is a great combination."

"Me too, Scoots." Apple Bloom added as she picks up a chicken leg she heated up. "Raspberry goes well with dark chocolate too."

Scootaloo munches a hero sandwich with sliced turkey, ham, provolone cheese and lettuce. Apple Bloom sees that sandwich. "Where did y'all get that hero?"

"My Aunt Holiday got that from an office party at her job." Scootaloo explained.

As the girls continued their good time together, the sky outside looked like it's getting brighter. Sweetie Belle first notices it. "Hey, guys. I think that rain is going away."

The three girls went to a window and saw that it was no longer raining. This made them happy. After finishing their lunch, cleaning up the area, and putting the blanket in a hamper, the girls went outside with ice cream cones and finally enjoying outdoors.

"This is more like it." Scootaloo praised.

"I'm with you. " Sweetie Belle added. She then saw something crawling. "Oh wow. An iguana."

They looked on the grass, and saw a small iguana walking along, minding it's own business. Apple Bloom notices something about Sweetie Belle. "Did you know you forgot your shoes?"

"I know." Sweetie replied, knowing that Apple Bloom and Scootaloo went outside barefoot too. "It's like you often tell me. Sometimes, when it's decent like this, it is often called barefoot weather."

The three girls continue to enjoy this day, especially when a rainbow came out. This made the girls smile even more. Elsewhere, yoga teacher Lotus Blossom finished her session with a group of kids. Fluttershy helped her out.

"Excellent, kids." Lotus praised. "You have done well."

Then, a rude male voice was heard by everybody. "BORING!"

That voice belonged to one of Rainbow Dash's old rivals, Score, who has words with the kids. "Don't you kids have anything better to do than this?"

"Quiet down, now." Lotus calmly said as she turns back to her young class. "Some of the words of this chapter, Indoors, Ink, Idea, Ice cream, and Iguana, all begin with the letter I."

"All begin with the letter I." Score said, mocking the teacher.

"There's one other word that starts with that letter which just came to me: Impolite." Lotus then became serious. "We don't want to be impolite. That means being rude or discourteous or having no manners."

"Tell us all about it, yoga girl." Score added cruelly.

Getting upset, Fluttershy starts to leave the room. "Excuse me."

As soon as she left, Lotus and her class heard the sounds of punches and kicks as it sounds like Score is blubbering, like he's in pain. Fluttershy reenters the room and calmly stands next to Lotus Blossom.

"Try not to be impolite." Lotus said. "Thank you for your time." Lotus and Fluttershy displayed satisfying smiles.