• Published 22nd Feb 2021
  • 9,142 Views, 184 Comments

Put it to Rest - AFestiveTaco77781



The new human professor at Canterlot University has caught the eye of the returned Night Princess, a friendship and some feelings blossoming. But, something seems off, as if he's hiding something from her. She intends to find out what.

Comments ( 26 )

This was a lovely read, it’s sad this final chapter leaves off on a bitter sweet end but can’t always have a happy ending.

Thanks for such an enjoyable read my good author and I do hope to see what you write next!

A bitter sweet end for a Marine who found happiness and love. Beautifully done.

Can not wait to see what you do next.

11328186

Fimfiction has a weird history with alt-right sentiment (probably has something to do with the influence 4chan had on the fandom), and the alt-right tend to idolize colonizers (and empires, dictatorships, and basically everything "Strong-Man" related), so anything talking bad about those is bound to at least get a few downvotes.

I like how you combined the episodes of the Pacific that concerned Eugene Sledge and Robert Leckie.

I hope this will have sequel because it's so sad to lost James😢

A duty honourably done, rest well soldier you deserve your peace

11455361
I've been throwing around that idea, as I'd love to do some more James in Equestria. I can't say it'd be the highest on my list of 'to-writes', but I won't say I'm not doing a sequel. Possibly might do some one-shot chapters with them if I don't end up writing a sequel, just to flesh out some more story I didn't get to fit into here.

Oh man, this is just like I imagine with the word 'trauma'. Gonna start binge reading this.

Damn. Well done.

11455382
Hope to read read it if it comes

Comment posted by Clark Scary deleted Dec 21st, 2022

11455382
Author : Against all the evil that Tartarus can conjure, all the wickedness that ponykind can produce, we will send unto them... only you. Rip and tear, until it is done.

As for future projects, I've got a few stories that are on the drawing board right now. A rewrite of the Silent Saviors is probably in the future, since I REALLY like the idea of a cavalryman and horse in Equestria, but it was my first story and I think it was poorly executed. A full overhaul is needed, in my opinion.

This looks like an interesting premise, i was looking for stories similar to A Warhorse in Equestria

11455485
Why do I Hear boss music *MEATHOOK INTENSIFIES* OH SHIT

A beautiful yet bitter ending for a war torn Marine who found happiness and love in another world. Fantastic job my friend. :pinkiehappy:

Thank you very much for giving us an awesome read and I'm looking forward to your next story that you'll share with us.

Quick question if you don't mind me asking, just how did he arrived in Equestria? I can't remember if it was told or not but I've been wondering as to how he arrived.

11456845
Honestly, I never explicitly said how he arrived in Equestria because I think many authors get bogged down in trying to explain how one would get there and i feel it detracts from the story a lot. Plus, there's a lot of cliches in how human protags normally get there and I didn't want to make it a main focus in the story.

However, that being said, if I was going to do one of those cliches, because i really didn't give it much thought, I've always thought a fluke magic research experiment at the University grabbed him and his old home and plopped them into the White Tail Woods. Shenanigans ensue!

11457004
Thank you for explaining why you never mentioned how he was brought to Equestria and the reason why makes a lot of sense.

There be a lot of crazy shenanigans to happen to him. Thanks again for answering my question.

Glad I finally finished this, it was amazing and I really hope to see James in more stories! Maybe a alternate universe version of some sort? Or a alternate path?

Well, I shouldn’t have put off reading this one. Binged it in about 4 days, and honestly, fucking love it. Ending was also a nice little melancholic touch.

11495358
Man you know you're doing something right if people are binging your story 😆 glad you enjoyed it. What was it that you liked about it if I might probe a little?

11496047
Decent coverage of the mental aspect of a war mainly. The pure boredom most soldiers go through. That was a favorite. War isn’t all battles and death, it’s usually sitting there waiting for someone to tell you what’s next.

Oof, I didn't see the anthro tag. Nothing against this particular story but just why? lol

Seems like an interesting premise so I'm gonna try to give it a chance but it's so distracting to have to reimagine all the characters and it's already a human in Equestria story so it seems so unnecessary.

11547156
No worries my dude! If it's not your thing, I get it!

11650697
Cooked improperly? How so

Absolutely amazing honestly my new favorite book on here an amazing insight into ptsd and war itself.

11755876
Thank you 😊 always love to hear people enjoy my work!

Login or register to comment