• Published 1st Jan 2021
  • 540 Views, 18 Comments

My Brave Pony: Starfleet Magic Season X - DakariKingMykan



Titan is back, and Protesters are being silly again.

  • ...
77
 18
 540

Epilogue: Thankful Ending

EPILOGUE

A few days later, once everyone returned to their own specific planets, things began to go back to normal.

The last of Titan’s evil generators had all been destroyed, and were no longer threats, since they didn’t work anymore now that Titan was gone.

All the other races were thanked and honored for their heroic efforts in the great battle, and while it was sad that many fighters had lost their lives in service, they, too, were honored and remembered.

Avyanna and Mayne returned to Kallan, with the complete pardon for their crimes against Starfleet in the past. Still, they were only on probation, and were not full-fledged allies with Starfleet. That would have to decide in future… depending upon behaviors of course.

Avyanna wanted to maintain the peace at least, and even still… her biggest obsession-- having Mykan Stevens be hers—still remained, but she would have to put it off for another time.


Back on United Equestria, as much as the people were joyful that their heroes had returned and that their majesties and Lightning were back to normal, and The United Alliance of Evil being destroyed for good, ending the war…

…The returning heroes had their own pressing matters to deal with.


Swift Star was especially anxious to hear the results, when he found out what happened to Starlight.

He even remembered just before she had been set free to join the fleet to battle Titan…


She had explained everything-- the plan, Titan’s weaknesses, and all she could do to try and help, except for the part about destroying herself.

Princess Luna had used her magic to determine she was indeed being sincere, and given the risk of putting the hospital and the patients and civilians in danger, she had no choice but to send her away alone.

Swift even escorted her out of the hospital and to a clearing where some of Krysta’s fairies would send her off into space as needed.

“Wait…” he said to her “Why are you doing this?”

“Maybe the same reason you did things for me?” she answered.

Swift didn’t know to feel confused or touched.

“But don’t you realize what a danger you’ll be putting yourself in? I mean what if something happens to you on the way, or what if you get destroyed, or--” he stopped when he realized he was practically blurting his heart out-- confessing that he actually had feelings for her.

Starlight gave him a deep yet soft stare, the kind that would freeze you on the spot.

Then she approached him softly and gently pressed her lips up against his, which made his eyes widen and his cheeks go red. He couldn’t speak.

“Thanks for everything, kid.” was the last thing she said to him before she was warped out into space, leaving poor Swift in a mix of concern and yet deeply moved emotions.



He was snapped out of his flash back when Lightning came out to him.

“Well…?” Swift asked, trying to keep a hold his emotions.

Lightning just came out and said it plain, “It’s Starlight, all right. We’ve given her every test, but well… I think it all speaks for itself.”

Swift was somewhat relieved, but at the same time just as baffled as Lightning or anyone else was. Was Starlight really dead, or was she just reborn, or reincarnated? There was really nothing that could ever answer that, especially with the orb gone meaning its properties could not be fully studied and understood.

Almost the same as the Super Celestial Entity, many tests and experiments would have to be made and carried out to learn more about it, but for the moment, it was far too big and dangerous to use in common battles ever, and was strictly to be used only in fights such as the previous battles.

“So… um…” Swift said, even though he really knew he didn’t have to ask “What about Starlight? What’s going to happen to her?”

Lightning answered the obvious question. “What else? She’s been put up for adoption, and we’ll make sure she gets a good family. She’ll just relive her life-- grow up all over again, make new memories with absolutely no recollection of her former life and the things she did or experienced.”

Knowing this, Swift had to let go of Starlight, and while it did hurt him deep down, he was actually happy for her. Now she could start over and live a better life.

All he could do was hope and pray life she’d lead would be better than what she had before.

Lightning then cleared his throat. “Cadet… There’s something else I’d like to discuss with you.”

Swift looked up at him. “Yes Sir?”

Lightning looked at his apprentice and put a lot of thought into his words. “Princess Luna informed us all of what happened here, and what led to you releasing Starlight from custody.”

Swift would have felt a bit deep remorseful had Lightning not then informed him, “Given the circumstance, it appears that, once again, you acted according to procedure.

You were instructed to protect the people in the hospital, and you did, even if it meant letting her go, and in so doing you also provided the fleet with the chance we needed to save the universe.

…That is, without question, a most honorable feat, and it isn’t the first you’ve done so either.”

Swift had a strange feeling this was starting to lead to something great as Lightning continued.

“You see, Swift… Starfleet has rules and regulations. You have followed the courses well to the book, but at the time you have also gone far beyond your limitations and your boundaries of your position.

In spite of all this, you still have a long way to go; what with all the evaluations, oral exams, field tests and all that stuff.” he paused “…But your undeniable potential, and the services and actions you have shown still remain, and it doesn’t seem fair to us to make you wait for it.”

Swift looked confused, and before he could ask, Lightning declared, “You see in our view, you are merely a Cadet-- a simple patrol officer, which gives you your limitations and boundaries.”

He paused for another moment, and then looked him straight in the eyes, “…I hereby grant you field-promotion to Full Lieutenant, with all commensurate responsibilities and privileges with that rank, and do hereby assign you to my unit as axillary extra.”

Swift’s expression immediately turned into a glorious beaming, and Lightning then shook his hand “Congratulations.”

“Thank you, sir.” Swift replied with such pride and honor.

Lightning nodded at him, “Dismissed, Lieutenant.”

Swift headed off, keeping his excitement in check, while Lightning could only smile proudly.

Starla, whom had been eavesdropping around the corner, approached him, and pecked him sweetly on the cheek, and he smiled lovingly at her.


A couple of more days later, long after a promotional ceremony…

“PARTY…!!!” Pinkie Pie shouted as she hosted a gala for her friends at New Sugar Cube Corners.

After she had gotten home from the hospital, and no longer had to be on a strict diet or controlled medication; all she did was take one little lick of cupcake frosting, and… she was all back her normal self-- her mane was all puffed up again, and she was hyper and energetic as ever, and she needed it now that she was a mother, which was the main reason for her celebrating.

Another reason was all her friends had been promoted for their incredible services, far beyond any call of duty.

The Space Ponies in Lightning’s unit were all promoted to Lieutenant Generals, and so were nearly all the Equestrians, and they all had the stars and shoulder pads on their uniforms to show it.

Even Spike had been forthwith promoted, so now both he and Rarity were of the same rank.

“You get that…?” he teased “You can’t boss me around anymore.”

His wife gave him a hard stare. “Spike, you behave yourself!”

Spike acted timid, “Yes dear.”

The two shared a laugh.

Rainbow couldn’t stop boasting with pride. “How cool is it-- Me, Rainbow Dash… a General?”

To which the others just let her have her fun.


Of course, Lightning and Starla still outranked everyone, being supreme Commander and Supreme Five-Star General, but they would continue to honor and respect their comrades and friends as they always had.

Pinkie was the only one who didn’t receive any promotion, since she spent the entire war incapacitated while pregnant, but she didn’t mind one little bit.

“Who needs a promotion…?” she asked while she rocked her baby boy in her arms. “Who needs one when you got a cuddle-wuddly, wittle, cutesy baby to care for?”

Biscuit Pie cooed and giggled in his mother’s arms.

“Aww, Pinkie, he’s so darn cute!” cooed Applejack.

Pinkie rubbed her muzzle against her son’s little head. “Sure he is… cuz he has such a good mommy, doesn’t he?”

Spice came up to her, “Hey, what about me? I’m his Daddy, aren’t I special too?”

His wife giggled and gave him a huge smooch on the cheek. “Of course you are.”

Spice blushed.

Just as the part got officially underway, there was a knock at the door.

Lightning and Starla answered it, and there stood Lieutenant Swift Star, wearing a full casual uniform-- and white suit, and dark gray armored vest with matching boots, complete with a full-functioning energizer allowing him to transform in times of danger, and being an Equestrian, he had images of his cutiemark pained twice the front of his vest.

“Permission to join the festivities?” he asked.

Lightning and Starla both nodded at him and replied, “Granted.” and welcomed him inside.

After all that they and all the many planets had gone through the past months, it felt really great to settle down and enjoy life.

While far, far away in New Canterlot Palace, Celestia stood on a terrace looking up at the night sky, and all the stars were shining brightly.

The rest of her family-- her husband, her sister, the children, Shining Armor and Cadance, with a sleeping Flurry Heart-- all came out to join her on the quiet and beautiful evening…

…And they all said a prayer for Starlight, even though part of her was still alive, it only felt honorable that they gave their thanks.

Celestia looked deep inside of her now cleaner conscience and could only soft say, “Thank you, Starlight Glimmer. Thank you.”

MY BRAVE PONY: STARFLEET MAGIC

(Season X)

Author's Note:

There will be more Starfleet

Comments ( 2 )

10806390
Yes. Also quality is better than quantity. He may have 66 fictions but has his writing improved since then? Not really.

11092570

What you consider an improvement... I do not.

Without satisfaction, both quality and quantity mean nothing.

Login or register to comment