• Published 1st Jan 2021
  • 540 Views, 18 Comments

My Brave Pony: Starfleet Magic Season X - DakariKingMykan



Titan is back, and Protesters are being silly again.

  • ...
77
 18
 540

Episode 16: Art of Honouring

Author's Note:

I hate it when chapters exceed their word limit and I can't cut them down, but at least I can still keep them in balance by trying to make the next chapter shorter.

EPISODE SIXTEEN

Shining Amor was still healing from his injuries, but he was still required to remaining in the hospital until he was properly dismissed.

Cadance had brought Flurry Heart to visit him.

“Daddy hurt?” cooed the infant.

He stroked his daughter’s little head, “Daddy’s going to be just fine, sweetheart, you’ll see.”

“I hope so.” said Cadance. “Lightning and Starla are trying to reinforce the army now that you’re down.”

Her husband felt bad about that, and it only made him more determined than ever to get well soon and get back in the action…

…But for now, he didn’t mind being near his wife, and playing patt-a-cake with his daughter.


Onboard Spider-Base, Starlight was viewing the images of the henchmen injuring Shining Armor in the previous battle.

“Got him good.” gloated Razor, and he held up his hands for expected high-fives, but he received nothing but cold stares, and a growl from Starlight.

“I could commend you three for your new skills, but I won’t, because now Starfleet will be certain to enhance their defenses even further, which means it will be all the harder for me to get at Celestia.”

The henchmen shuddered at her shouting.

“Well… luckily for you morons, I have a plan of my own.”

“Interesting… Do tell.” said Specter.

Starlight gave an evil smirk, “I’ve have ordered several groups of monsters from the Shadow Planet to join us. Once they arrive here, we’ll simply Divide and Conquer…”

“I see…” said Waverline “By sending multiple monsters all across to attack different areas, the soldiers will be forced to leave the palace more vulnerable than ever.”

“Exactly.” hissed Starlight “And with their defenses downed even more, they’ll never see what’s coming their way… until it’s too late.”

Specter gave a sinister looking glare at her. “…A Brilliant idea, Miss. Very brilliant…”

Then he silently thought, “You’re so wrapped up in your lust vengeance, that you’re underestimating the enemy again.

Perhaps this could be used in our little plot.”

He looked over and winked at his comrades, and they winked at him too.

The henchmen were planning one heck of a mutiny, but they were just waiting for the right moment.


Meanwhile, far out in Space…

Rainbow Dash and Artie had destroyed their share of the generators and trashed a load of Titans followers, but now they had arrived on Artie’s home planet… Monotane.

As expected, coming here brought on bad memories for Artie-- namely, his wealthy, yet pompous, arrogant parents who cared for money and social status than important things, and always disapproved of Artie’s joining Starfleet.

Rainbow hated being who acted like that. “I say we just beat the baddies and head on out of here right away.”

“We can’t,” Artie reminded her. “Standard procedure: We check in with the outposts to see if the society is still functioning properly, and that it’s not falling into chaos.”

Rainbow rolled her eyes. “Fine, if we have to.”


On the planet’s surface, within a meadow clearing, it was already a chaotic battlefield.

Some members of the Starfleet Outpost were already at the scene of the generator, and battling with the monsters.

The Lt. Colonel was Albert Tross, an Equestrian Pegasus. He had a faded white coat, and a light blue mane. His cutiemark resembled that of soaring bird-- an Albatross.

He and his troops had already made short work of the Darquines and were brawling hard with the gang of monsters who were protecting the generator.

“This is your last warning!” thundered Albert.

“No! It’s YOURS!!” the monster leader growled, and he fired a great, fiery blast from his mouth forcing the fighters to dodge.

“Attack!” shouted Albert.

The fighters charged forth, and so did the monsters.

The battle was fierce and strong, and the soldiers fought their hardest, but the real goal of all was to try and get past them and destroy the generator, but every time it seemed they had an opening, there was another monster to block the way and strike back hard.

“We need backup!” one of the soldiers hollered.

…His wish was instantly granted when Artie came zooming in from the skies…

“COLOR KICK” he came down hard, kicking a monster in the back, and bouncing off the head of another.

“Colonel Artie!” cried Albert.

Artie quickly saluted to him, and he saluted back.

“SUPER STAFF”

Wielding his staff, Artie called out to all the troops, “…All right, let’s drive these monsters back!”

The troops agreed, while the monster leader laughed, “You call this backup? Please…!” and he called to his monsters “…Get ‘em!”

Little did the monster realize that they were falling into a plot setup by Artie…!

Thanks to his help, the troops managed to drive all the monsters away from the generator, and once they were all far enough away…

…Artie shouted up to the sky, “NOW, RAINBOW!!”

Rainbow came zooming in from above, straight for the generator.

“SONIC RAINBOOM”

Hollering loud, she slammed hard into the generator, destroying it in a huge, colorful explosion; making the ground tremble wildly, and all the monsters fell off their feet while the fighters managed to keep their stance.


“No!!” cried the monster leader.

His comrades were horrified.


Rainbow then marched out from the fading colored smoke, and gave them all a sickening, fierce glare!

The monsters looked behind them to see Artie, Albert, and all the soldiers give them a similar glare and powering up for a finishing attack!

The monsters had no alternative. “FOR LORD TITAN…!!” and they destroyed themselves, taking any and all secrets with them.

Artie and Rainbow were outraged, as were the other soldiers.

Still, Artie shook hands with Albert.

“Thanks for coming when you did.” said Albert.

“We were already coming.” replied Artie. “Let’s salvage what we can here and then begin the survey of the villages.”

“Works for me.” said Rainbow.

As the troops began to salvage the remains of the generator, not a single one of them noticed a pair of shadowy eyes glaring at them through the clouds from above.

…There was one monster that hadn’t destroyed itself yet.

“I’ll make them pay for this!” he hissed softly to himself “My comrades may have been cowards, but I will fight them to the end, and show them true honour”



Meanwhile…

With Shining Armor injured, and Pinkie Pie out of action-- not to mention a good chunk of the force still on the space mission…

…Lightning and Starla had been going around all the countries and cities and asking for whatever assistance and alliance that could be devoted to protecting the palace.

Some noble dragons offered their assistance, as did the Minotaur, yaks, griffons and other armed forces.

“You can count on us…”

“We won’t let those evil creeps hurt the queen, or any place.”

“We yaks… you Starfleet… we help!”


Swift Star was helping too; passing out all the sentries in New Ponyville new schedules Lightning had arranged for them, in order to help with the defenses if need be.

The loyal sentries promised to do what they could with pride and without question.


“Well, I guess that’s all of them.” Swift said as he checked off his clipboard.

Lightning had come along with his own completed checklist. “You do a swell job, Cadet. Things like this make me prouder of you every day.”

Swift nodded once. “I just wish I could help you all defend the palace, but I know… Cadets of my ranks should keep out of battles unless necessary.”

Regulations just couldn’t be broken, not at the drop of a hate anyway.

“How about you, sir?” asked Swift. “Are you going to have to enter battles again?”

Lightning looked up and hesitated a moment, “I’m afraid so. I already talked it over with Starla.”


He recalled a flashback…


“I know you’ve been training a lot, and you’ve done well,” said Starla, and before she could say anymore, her husband protested, “Save your breath. There will be no argument about this. I already talked with their majesties about this, and they agreed.

Besides, you know as well as I do we need all the power we can get, especially mine. If I have to enter battles, I will.”

His wife was really in a twist of emotions, but knowing their majesties approved of this, she professionally could not argue, but her wifely virtues weren’t letting her live it down.

All she could do was embrace him, “Just promise me you’ll be careful.”

Of course, they both knew he couldn’t promise her. There were no guarantees in Starfleet, or any action-packed business.

“I promise… I’ll do what needs to be done.” was all he could give.


Back to the present, in spite of his reinstating to battle, if need be, Lightning couldn’t help but look at his reflection in a shop window and still feel ashamed of his child-like appearance, and sigh, “It’s things like this that make me wonder if I’ll ever get back to normal.”


Swift could only say, “I know you will. Don’t ask me why, I just have this feeling you will. It’s like that song you taught me when you trained me, while I was having trouble.”

Lightning looked up, “Oh, I remember that…” and rap-pop music played, as the two pictured themselves in their current forums, doing their best at things.

SKILLS…
You-- You’ve got the skill
SKILLS…
To show your will
SKILLS…
To pay the bill
SKILLS…
Just feel the thrill
SKILLS, SKILLS, SKILLS, SKILLS!!


Don’t let your size and your appearance say all
You still got what it takes to make the big call
You may seem weak but you may be strong,
So why not use it to right-right the wrong-wrong

SKILLS…

Stay focussed now, and show them how it’s done

SKILLS…

Don’t hold back now, the battle can be won

SKILLS…

The Darkest day… may come your way

SKILLS…

But you know what you need, so, Say, Say, Say, Say…!


SKILLS…
So bust a move
SKILLS…
Get in the grove
SKILLS…
Let’s show ‘em all.
SKILLS…
Just make the call.
SKILLS, SKILLS, SKILLS, SKILLS!!


You’re doing mighty and your power will show
You didn’t quit and so you let it grow; don’t ya know
Your skills are peaking through, and the time has come
You’ll see how far you came From, From, From, From

SKILLS…

Stay focussed now, and show them how it’s done

SKILLS…

Don’t hold back now, the battle can be won

SKILLS…

The Darkest day… may come your way

SKILLS…

But you know what you need, so, Say, Say, Say, Say…!

…SKILLS!!

The two ponies snapped out of their fantasy to the alarm going off, and the trouble appeared right before them...

…Waverline, with an army of Darquines, and a few monsters.

Waverline glared the two ponies down and ordered her followers, “…Attack them!”

And she leapt up high, “DISTORTION FORCE!” firing two powerful beams at the ponies, which they leapt away from.

“Swift, sound the alarm! Alert the sentries!” said Lightning.

“Yes, sir!” complied Swift, and he dashed off for the nearest alarm-box with the Darquines rushing after him.

Since Swift was only supposed to fight if he had to, and this was that time, he attacked every Darquine-- punching, kicking, and flipping them over, thanks to all the training he had done with Lightning.

As for Lightning, glared Waverline and her monsters down, and he transformed.

“Starfleet Magic!”

Once his battle suit was armed he stood ready to brawl. “It’s been a while.” he muttered to himself “I hope I know what I’m doing.”

Waverline and the monsters laughed at him.

“Come on, little boy…!” she mocked “…Or do yourself a favor and go running home to mommy!”

Lightning became enraged and leapt in to fight!



Starla was just finishing her recruiting in New Cloudsdale.

“Thanks for your help, Spitfire.”

Spitfire saluted to her, “You count on us Wonderbolts, General. We’ll help you out.”


Suddenly, the warning alarms went off, and the two ladies could see the problem-- a whole hoard of winged and flying beasts were invading New Cloudsdale.

“How about now…?” Starla asked.

Spitfire blew her whistle, signaling her troops. “Wonderbolts launch!”

Her troops came soaring out from the hangar bays like jet planes, and Spitfire and Starla soared in to join them.

Starla transformed, and was the first to attack.

“STAR SHOWER”

The monsters plowed right through the star clusters and kept coming forth.

The Wonderbolts flew in formation, ready to intercept, but it looked as if it would be a tough battle.


Razor and his forces set their sights on the New Everfree Forest.

But Zecora stood at the forest edge with a look of bravery and readiness.

“Well, look what we got here.” teased Razor “One worthless zebra, about to be sliced and diced along with her forest.”

The monsters all growled and hissed angrily, but Zecora didn’t budge.

“The spirits warned me that trouble would come.
I advise you to go back where you came from.
For am I not alone, you see…”

That’s when a groups of fairies, led by Krysta emerged, looking ready to go.

“…I have friends to aid me.”

Krysta smirked, but Razor didn’t the least bit deterred.

“FLY CUTTERS”

Razor unleashed his blades at the trees of the forest, but they bounced harmlessly off and landed flat on the ground.

“A barrier!” shouted Razor.

Zecora had loaned some of her power to Krysta and her fairies to help keep the forest safe from harm.

“You’ll have to do better than that.” Krysta taunted “Now it’s our turn.” And she called to her fairies “…Full pattern Fire!”

The fairies complied with their queen and readied their wands.

They began to fire powerful magical beams at the villains, which they dodged and began to return fire-- shooting magical blasts, fireballs

“Warp Portals!” shouted Krysta, and she and her fairies conjured double portals to send the attacks back to the villains, but the evil creatures refused to back down, especially Razor as he thought, “…Got to keep this up. I’ve got to keep our plan going.”



Back on Monotane…

The inspection carried out, and the village seems structurally sound. Not too many casualties or damages that couldn’t be fixed from the invasion, especially seeing as many of the ponies and other creatures were wealthy enough to pay for it.

Still, some of the ponies were rather rude and grouchy towards Starfleet, and they had nothing to do but complain.

“For all the danger you put us in, we’d be richer hiring our own armies.

“I was saving for a space vacation, and now to have to waste MY money on trivial repairs?”


Other ponies, who were appreciative and thankful for Starfleet protested…

“You can’t talk to them that way!”

“They saved us.”

“You’ve got money to burn, so stop complaining!”


Rainbow couldn’t believe the dysfunction. “I’ve heard kids argue over toys act more civil than this.”

“You should see them on a bad day.” teased Albert.

Then he noticed “Where’s Colonel Artie?”

Rainbow hesitated to answer, feeling she knew where he had gone.


Indeed, Artie had come to the house of his wealthy parents. He just stood outside, looking way up at how tall the mansion still was, and all he could think of was his parents and how bossy and demanding they were, not to mention discouraging, tough.

Still, they were his parents, and as a Starfleet Officer, he was obligated to confirm they, and all the villagers were okay.

He began to move his way towards the steps leading to the big doors, when two ponies walked up behind him.

“Arthur…” said a familiar voice “You’ve come back.”

Arthur turned and saw his parents.

His father: Dune Bank Bristles.

His mother: Marigold Bell Bristles.

He powered down his suit to look at them properly, through his own eyes, but a rather neutral expression.

“Mom… Dad…”

His parents still look non-too-thrilled, but they did notice the wedding ring on his finger.

“So it’s true,” said Marigold “You are married. We heard.”

Artie nodded. “If you want, I can bring her here sometime and you can meet her.”

“That won’t be necessary.” his father replied immediately, showing obvious disapproval and disappointment in his son.

His wife agreed with him and turned her head away with her face pointing upward.

Artie was quivering with outrage at their behaviour, but he did expect it, and he decided his folks were fine, and that he should leave to check on others.

He turned and started to walk down the way… when suddenly…!

…His parents both screamed!

Artie turned round and saw them both ensnared by long, magical ropes that lead all the way up to the sky.

Then he saw who was doing it: a humanoid samurai creature, wearing pads and a kimono came floating down on a glider, and he jumped to the ground landing squarely on his feet, and he glared furiously at Artie.

“You let my parents go, right now!” shouted Artie.

The samurai snickered, “You dare to command the mighty samurai, Atoshi?! I admire your boldness.”

“Please… let us go!” cried Marigold. All her boldness and assertiveness was gone; replaced with fear.

“We’ll pay whatever price you say.” wailed Dune Bank.


“Silence!” shouted Atoshi “Your money means nothing to me!”

The couple gasped in horror. They were the type that couldn’t believe someone would scoff at money in such a manner.

“What I want is something money cannot buy, and that is Honour!”

“Honour?” asked Artie. “You mean you came here with the other monsters?”

Atoshi looked furious, and then he used his samurai symbol power to bind the parents magically to the wall of their mansion. After that, he turned to face Artie, and whipped out a long lance with a spearhead on both ends.

“Unlike my comrades, I will fight to the end! You face me, or your parents will suffer!”

Artie knew he had no choice, and he transformed again.

“Starfleet Magic!”

He held his staff in his hands and stood ready to go, but he looked over at his parents. “My folks and I may not have had the best of histories, and we don’t see eye-to-eye, but no one dishonours my family and gets away with it!

Let’s go!”


Atoshi snickered and slammed the end of his lance on the ground before charging forth at incredible speed, and Artie rushed forth too.

Their weapons clashed together, and Atoshi quickly kicked Artie hard in the gut, sending him back a few paces; showing he was indeed strong.

Artie then fired a few magical blasts from his horn, which the samurai swiftly swerved around and dodged with ease.

“Whoa! He’s fast!”

Atoshi leapt up high for a strike, but Artie zipped out of the way making him miss, and came back for a counter-strike.

He struck his opponent hard in the face, but Atoshi kicked him hard in the side, and the two fighters crashed to the ground.

“You are indeed a strong fighter.” said Atoshi. “I can see why my comrades were cowards to run from you, but do not think I shall run so easily.”

“Can we get on with this?” growled Artie.

Atoshi narrowed his eyes to him.



At New Canterlot Palace, Their majesties had received word of the multiple attacks in the various locations. Princess Luna had even hopped out of bed to assist in any way that she could.

She and Goldwin were on the highest terrace looking out through their telescopes at the surrounding lands.

“There’s another slew of monsters, and another!” cried Goldwin.

“Why would they all be attacking in different areas?” wondered Luna “I thought that Starlight’s main target was--” she stopped when she had a sickening thought.

“What? What is it?” asked Goldwin, but Luna quickly teleported off to find Celestia.

She found her and Grand Ruler in the main battle-ops with other ponies at the consoles and computers, tracking all the occurrences and other things.

“Our forces are holding off the attacks at least.” said Grand Ruler.


“Sister!” Luna called as she rushed in.

“Princess Luna? What is it?” asked Celestia.


While Luna was explaining her horrible thought…



…Outside the palace, yet another swarm of Darquines appeared, led by Starlight herself, and Specter was with her as backup.

“Good, the barrier is down!” said Starlight.

Still, the guards blew their whistles and sounded the alarms at the sight of the villains.

Starlight growled, but she noticed the lack of sentries and soldiers coming to battle as they had all been divided out all over to assist in the other battles.

Still, the barriers were engaged surrounding the palace.

“Get them!” Starlight shouted at the Darquines.

“I shall assist them.” hollered Specter, and he rushed in with the swarm, and he melded into the ground as a shadow… while secretly thinking “She still underestimates the enemy. Things are going better than we planned.

All I need now is the correct moment.”

As the sentries made short work of the Darquines, Starlight intervened.

“Stop her!” shouted Captain Shaina.

The knights all began to fire magical blasts form their horns and weapons, but Starlight was able to dodge and avoid them.

“It’ll take more than that to stop me!” she hollered, and she powered herself up to launch a huge blast from her horn.

“TAKE THIS…!!” and she fired.

“Look out!!” Shaina called up to the palace, but just as the blast was about to strike the barrier, another magical blast intercepted it, causing an explosion.

Starlight looked up and saw Grand Ruler, Celestia, and Luna, having combined their powers together to block the attack.


“Good shot!” said Grand Ruler.

Celestia and Luna nodded proudly, and Celestia then called down to Starlight. “You won’t get past our defenses as easy as you think.”

Starlight growled up at her.

Then, Cadance jumped out of the window in her Ninja-Forum, and stood glaring the evil pony down, and the sentries all stood behind her, having finished with the Darquines.

“You better surrender while you can!” Grand Ruler called to Starlight, but she only laughed, “Why would I do that?” and she snapped her fingers, conjuring up one of her powerful barriers to conceal the army in.


“Oh, no!” cried Luna.

Celestia and Grand Ruler gawked in horrors. This barrier seemed much stronger and more devious than the last time.

The army and Cadance, trapped inside, discovered this for themselves.

Cadance punch and kicked at the magical walls only to be magically shocked each time.

The sentries threw their lances and weapons at the wall, but that didn’t work either.

Specter then popped up from the ground, inside the barrier. “It’s no use; I’ve enforced the barrier with my shadow magic. You be able to break it down so easily this time.”

Cadance clenched her fists angrily, and then charged at him and began to attack.

“Guards, assist!” Shaina called to her troops, and they obeyed and charged in to help Cadance, but even though he was vastly outnumbered, Specter only laughed “You’ll have to do better than this. DARK WALL OF WIND…!”

Shrouding himself in his dark aura, the attacks didn’t reach him, and he repelled all the fighters off of him, but Cadance bolted back upright and rushed him.

They punched and kicked each other like crazy, and Cadance managed to strike him hard knocking him clear into the barrier, shocking him with his own magic, only it hardly seemed to damage him that much.

“Fool! You don’t think my own magic can harm me that easily?”


With much of the army still trapped inside the barrier, the palace was now more vulnerable.

“We need more soldiers!” cried Luna.

Grand Ruler was aware of this too, but he knew they couldn’t just call Lightning and the others away from their battles.


Waverline and her team of monsters all rushed Lightning hard and Lightning leapt up and gave Waverline a huge kick to her gut and sent her crashing into a trio of beasts and they all fell down.

“You’ll pay for that!” shouted Waverline.

As the monsters tried to get up, all the sentries whom Swift had fetched opened fire and blasted all around the villains, making sparks and explosions erupt all around.

Lightning was panting heavily and sweating bullets.


Swift called to him from around the corner. “Sir, maybe you should stop now.”

“No!” Lightning insisted “I can keep going. I’ve got to.”

Event he sentries were growing concerned about the commander’s dwindling strength, but there was no time to argue.


“DISTORTION FORCE” Waverline unleashed another powerful blast.

The sentries stood tall with their lances out like shields, and they actually blocked the force, but the resulting explosion created a huge dust cloud.

“Direct hit!” laughed Waverline.

The monsters all began to cheer, but then… Lightning leapt through the cloud, with his horn and his body glowing brightly.

“You wouldn’t!” shouted Waverline. “In your condition you’ll--”

…Lightning ignored her and unleashed his power. “UNIFORCE”

Waverline quickly dodged, and the blast struck all her monsters hard, destroying them in big explosions.

After that blast, combined from the lengthy battle, Lightning was starting to feel his vision getting blurred with his weariness. He looked as if he would pass out any moment.

…But still, he remained on his feet.

“…Got to… keep… going!” he panted.

The sentries were not convinced. Though his training helped him last longer, they couldn’t subject him to further exhaustion.

Even Swift could see this, and he knew he had to act, so he rushed over and scooped him up in his arms.

“Swift, put me down, now!” ordered Lightning. He was still too tired to fight back.

Swift then called out to the sentries, “I’m taking him to the hospital. You troops look after things here.”

The sentries agreed, and Swift began to rush off.

“Stop!!” shouted Waverline, but before she could shoot at him, the sentries shot at her to hold her back, giving Swift a clear way to make it and drop Lightning off at the hospital.

“He’s overlay exhausted himself.” he told the doctors “Give him an energy boost, and don’t let him leave and rush into battle.”

Lightning was too weak to speak, but he looked up at Swift with a queer expression, whether he was upset or not with him was hard to tell.

With that settled, and Lightning in good hands, Swift decided to make another check around town to see if anyone else was hurt or needed help.


Back on Monotane…

Artie and Atoshi had battled it out well, and were still going at it.

Their weapons clashed furiously, and they both met in a fierce struggle.

“You… are indeed strong…!” sneered Atoshi.

“Not just strong, but resourceful too.” said Artie. “My hands may be busy, but my horn is still free.”

With that his horn began to glow, “PAINT BOMBS”

The second he shouted that, Atoshi pulled a fast one-- and gave him a huge nudge, making Artie shoot his blobs high up, up, up, into the sky.

Atoshi then proceeded to knock Artie’s staff out of his hand and pin him to the ground, with the end of his lance pointing at his neck.

Atoshi laughed with glee. “My honour has been proving. My comrades refused to fight to the end, but I have triumphed where they failed.

You will now be finished!”


“Yeah…? Well think again!” snapped Artie, and he reached up swiftly, grabbing the lance and flipping Atoshi over, before bolting away…

…His paint bombs came right down upon the samurai, exploding all over him, and breaking his treasured lance in half.

After Artie had jumped, and used his magic to draw his staff back into his grip.

“SUPER STAFF SPIN” here powered up his finisher, and struck the samurai before he could react.

Atoshi roared and wailed as his body flared up, and he exploded, and was imprisoned in a sphere, and with the monster defeated, his parents were released from bondage, and all they did was merely brush themselves off and check for wrinkles in their fine clothes.



Rainbow Dash came soaring over and landed near Artie.

“I saw the explosion. What did I miss?”

“It’s okay,” Artie said “Just a little extra nuisance, I’ve already dealt with it.”

Rainbow picked up the sphere, but it was empty-- no monster was inside. “Ugh! He must’ve destroyed himself already.” she groaned. “They’re going to incredible length to keep something from us.”

Artie didn’t seem to mind. He just walked up to where his parents stood.

“Are you two okay?” he asked softly.

His folks didn’t answer, and just looked at him with rather stern expressions.

“Hey!” Rainbow yelled as she came up. “He asked you a question. You could answer.”

“Why should we?” asked Dune Bank. “You can both see that we’re fine. So why ask?”

Rainbow couldn’t believe this at all. “Your son risks his neck to help you and saves your lives, and you don’t even show the least bit of gratefulness?”

Artie held his hand up, hushing her, “…It’s okay, Rainbow.”

“But…”

“…Let’s go.” and he turned his back to his folks and walked away.

“After all this time,” his mother called to him “You still choose this path. Why do you even bother with us still?”

Artie stopped dead in his tracks, and felt his anger rising, but rather than turn and start balking at his folks, they only word he could find were. “Because it’s my job, it’s what I do, and besides that… you’re still my parents.”

The couple actually felt struck to hear him say that; so did Rainbow.

“You may act cold and distant towards me, but I wish no harm on either you, and I’ll always be there to defend and save you no matter what.

You can’t appreciate that? Fine… but at least I have my honour.”

For the first time ever, his folks were speechless.

“Oh, and one last thing…” Artie said “…I received a letter from the intergalactic post a while back.” he paused and then said bluntly “…I’m going to be father.”

The couple stiffened.

“Say what?!” cried Rainbow.

Artie began to walk off, and Rainbow zoomed right up to him. “Whoa, whoa…! Sunset’s pregnant?”

Artie grinned proudly. “She is. It seems I gave her quite a going-away gift the night before we left.”

Rainbow couldn’t hold her emotions in and did rainbow-trail trails of joy. “This… is… AWE-SOME!!”

As excited and as Artie was, he cleared his throat and kept serious. “Colonel Rainbow!” he called firmly to her. “We’re on a mission here. Let’s snap to it.”

Rainbow immediately stopped celebrating, and touched down, regaining her professional composure. “The sooner we wrap up here, the sooner we get to our next mission. Which means, the sooner we get to go home.”

Artie could hardly wait for that, and finally be reunited with his pregnant wife again.



Back in New Canterlot…

Starlight constantly had been firing at the barrier attempting to bring it down.


She also launched two strong beams of light clear across the planet, signaling Razor and Waverline for assistance.


“Come out, Celestia!” shouted Starlight. “You won’t be shielded forever! I will have my revenge!”

Her rage and determination gave her more and more will to keep attacking the barrier, which forced Celestia and Grand Ruler to pour more and more magic into the barrier to keep it intact, and while Luna tried her best with what few sentries she had to drive Starlight away, Starlight dodged their every blast, every attack and continued to fire away at the barrier… which made her laugh maniacally.

“She’s completely insane!” cried Luna.

Celestia felt her stomach giving turns the way she saw Starlight act so wicked and enraged.


“Look!” cried Grand Ruler…

Waterline and Razor appeared, having seen Starlight’s beacons.

“About time you two showed up!” she yelled at them. “Now give me a hand here!”

The two henchmen nodded, and began to offer their powers to her attack on the barrier…

…But really, they were here to help Specter carry out his plan to rid themselves of Starlight.

While Starlight was distracted in blasting the barrier, they both looked down at Specter’s barrier where he was brutally brawling with Cadance and the guards.

Specter turned round, and gave his comrades a sinister wink telling them to wait for the signal, then their plan was to purposely make it look as if a combined attack missed and hit Starlight by accident.


The barrier around the palace was beginning to weaken again, and their majesties were starting to run low on power, and were getting tired.

Luna was growing quite concerned and urged her relatives to cease, before they passed out.

“Luna, you can’t power the entire barrier by yourself.” protested Celestia.

“Perhaps,” agreed Luna “But the least I can do is keep the two of you safe.”

The barrier was just about ready to cease.

Starlight grinned wickedly. “One more blast should do it.” and she called to the henchmen “Let’s do it, now!”

Specter got the signal and jumped out of the other barrier, leaving Cadance and the guards still trapped and unable to stop the villains.

…Really, the henchmen’s chance had come, as the combined their powers together.

“DARK WALL OF WIND”

“FLY CUTTERS”

“DISTORTION FORCE”

Specter was shrouded in the super-combo, ready for the attack. His plan was to seemingly ricochet off the weak barrier and bounce right into Starlight. Hopefully she was weak enough from all the zapping she did.

…But before he had the chance to even move…

…Warp portals began to open wide, and a whole bunch of creatures came pouring out, dragons, Minotaur, griffons, and Krysta and her fairies along with Starla.

“No!!” shouted Starla, and she armed her bow at Specter. “GALACTIC PROJECTILE”

The Dragons aided her with their fiery breath, strengthening the power of her attack, which stuck Specter’s sphere hard, and while the defensive magic softened the blow, the force still knocked him hard to the ground, making a big explosion, that shook the lands and sent a strong gale of shockwaves, a large portion of which hit Starlight hard, and sent her soaring into the sky, and far, far off into the distance.

When the smoke had cleared, Specter was fine, but he looked pretty beaten up from being hit so hard.

His barrier had also ceased, releasing Cadance and the guards.

“Specter!” cried Razor as he and Waverline rushed up to their comrade, but seeing as they were horribly outnumbered…

“Let’s split!” shouted Waverline, and the trio vanished at once.

Starla was outraged, but at least all the villains were gone, but it certainly was a close shave.


Later on, when Starla heard Lightning was in the hospital, she rushed quickly over, only to see he was fully recovered and was just being dismissed.

“I know this would have happened if you entered battle.” Starla said, scolding herself.

Lightning shook his head, “I had no other choice “Those creeps sure played us out well-- attacking different locations to split us all up leaving the palace vulnerable.”

He clenched his fists angrily, feeling silly for having fallen for the trick, but he was glad Starla and the other fighters managed to reach the palace just in time.

“We just barely managed to beat the monsters and round out the volunteers.” said Starla. “Do you think the villains will try something like this again?”

“They just might.” replied Lightning, “Which means we’re going to have re-plan everything; have the sentries rotate posts, and have the volunteers be ready for anything.

By the way… what happened to Starlight Glimmer?”

Starla reported that Starlight wasn’t seen since she flew away. “She probably went back to her ship to recharge just like the henchmen did.

Even still, there’s no way to search for her. Her evil powers make her impervious to our detections, but I did send whatever search teams were available to look, just in case.”

Lightning felt a little satisfied, but he also wondered where Swift Star was. “I’d like to talk to him… thank him for helping me.”


Swift had carried wide sweep all over New Ponyville, and once her heard the battle was won, he decided to make one last check to see that everyone was still safe and sound, but he was growing rather exhausted, and he decided to sit on a rock out in the meadows.

“Whoo…!” he sighed, and he pulled off his boots and began to rub his sore feet. “Sure wish I could fly. That would make things easier.”

As he sat there, he began to wonder if Lightning had recovered from his weariness… when suddenly he heard a very faint groan come from behind the rock he sat on.

“Who’s there?!” he called.

When he received no answer, he took a peek around the rock, and he couldn’t believe eyes…!!

Starlight Glimmer! She had been blown clear across the planet to the meadows and crashed hard on the ground, and she looked in pretty bad shape, she was dirty and bruised, and had a few bloody wounds.

Swift almost fell into panic, being in the presence of the enemy. Still, this was his big chance, to haul her in, and maybe really be a big hero and give Starfleet a huge lead in the war…!!

Yet, looking down at her and seeing the bad shape she was in, he knew he couldn’t just do that. It was against Starfleet procedure to use excessive force on someone who was already down like Starlight was, even if she was the enemy.

The code also stated that, enemy or not, he couldn’t just leave her here, but there was no one around for miles, not even an aerial patrol that he could signal too.

He would have to try and care for her himself, but his insides were quaking with fear; a fear that she would suddenly wake up and strike him.

He had no choice, and he scooped her up into his arms, and carried her off.

The nearest place he could take her was an abandoned cabin near a river, where it was peaceful and quiet.

The cabin had a “Condemned” sign out in front. The cabin was going to be cleared out and demolished soon, but Swift felt it was an okay place to rest Starlight and tend to her.

Soon she was resting upon an old beat-up sofa, still unconscious. Swift had attached an anti-magic manacle to her horn to block off her powers.

He cleaned her wounds, using an old rag, and water he had fetched from the river with a pail, and he built a fire in the fireplace with dead branches and logs from an old wood pile still outside by the cabin.

“I cannot believe I’m doing this” he thought to himself, unaware that Starlight was starting to awaken, and she herself could not believe it herself.

The last thing she remembered was being blown away by a huge explosion, and she still felt a lot of pain, yet here she was being cared for… by a Starfleet pony?!

With her horn locked, she couldn’t use her power, but she still felt her physical strength returning…!


Swift began to get up, prompting her to quickly lie back down and feign unconsciousness.


Swift looked at the villainess, still finding it hard to believe he was caring for her.

“The least I should do is report this.” he thought.

Within the entire cabin he could only find one piece of dirty parchment lying on the floor, and the best he could make do with was a small twig with charcoal, and he would then send off the report with magic from his energizer.

Starlight peeked once again, and felt this was her chance while he was writing.

She silently crept off the sofa, and very softly and slyly began to tiptoe towards him with a look of murder in her eye.

Then she stepped on a squeaky floorboard, which made Swift turn in shock, accidentally tossing his half-finished report into the fireplace where it burned away.

Starlight hissed at him nastily, looking ready for the kill.

Swift stood and poised ready to defend himself.

Then, Starlight suddenly felt weak again and nearly collapsed.

“Whoa, whoa!!” snapped Swift as he rushed up and caught her in his arms. “Take it easy. You’re still hurt.”

Starlight’s eyes widened in total shock and confusion, and before she knew it, Swift helped her back to the sofa and lay her down.

She looked right up at him; straight in the eyes, and Swift looked into hers, and something seemed to spark inside him.

“Her eyes…” he thought “They’re… they’re pretty.”

Starlight suddenly passed out again, and Swift remained with her.



(Promo)

In our next episode: As Starlight and Swift seem to be warming up to each other, Titan is suffering from a mysterious ailment, followed by a large glowing force to emerge from him and head on out into space and is suddenly discovered by Buddy and Applejack while on a mission.

What is this strange power that emerged from Titan, and what will happen between Starlight and Swift Star?

Don’t miss the next exciting episode of “Starfleet Magic!”

(Next Episode: “It came on a mission“)