• Published 1st Jan 2021
  • 543 Views, 18 Comments

My Brave Pony: Starfleet Magic Season X - DakariKingMykan



Titan is back, and Protesters are being silly again.

  • ...
77
 18
 543

Episode 12: The Great Bang Theory: Final Part

“Previously on Starfleet Magic…”

With his cover broken and the authorities onto him, Beaker planned to put his project into immediate action, revealing that he intended to use a power Ray Machine to obliterate Starfleet and all supporters. Unfortunately, Applebloom managed to escape custody and ran off to warn her friends and family of the impending danger, while Lightning and Starla infiltrated the secret lab, but are stuck between risking hostages over the safety of their world.

EPISODE TWELVE

Applebloom had explained as much as she could...

“So let me get this straight,” said Scootaloo, trying to grasp it all, “A bunch of idiots are trying to get rid of Starfleet?”

“Not a bunch of idiots…” replied Applebloom “The Idiots: The Industry Dedicated In Overthrowing and Terminating Starfleet.”

Everyone blinked in astounding confusion.

“Wow. They sure aren’t good with names.” said Tree Hugger.


Bright Mac didn’t waste a second, “I’ll send a red alert to Starfleet at once, and he dashed for his house to send an emergency signal.

“There’s no time!” cried Applebloom, and she held up the teleporter, “We’ve got to go back there and stop them now before they fire that ray.”

“Applebloom’s right!” agreed Sweetie.

“No!” snapped Pear Butter “It’s out of the question!” and she quickly snatched the device from her daughter’s hands.

“But Ma, listen…”

“No, you listen! I almost lost you tonight, and if them there ponies are as psycho as you say, running back to them means you’ll be in danger again.”

“Ma, if we don’t do this, we’ll all be in danger, maybe even worse!”

Pear began to tremble with worry, knowing Applebloom had a point, and in her stammering worry, she didn’t watch her fingers, and accidently pressed the teleport switch.

The device began to glow.

“Ma!!” cried Applebloom.

“No, not again!” added Sweetie, and she and Scootaloo quickly jumped in.

“Wait…!” cried DD, and she dashed straight at the group just in time as they all vanished with her, while Big Mac and Tree Hugger could only cover their eyes from the brightness.

“Oh, no!” cried Big Mac.

“Whoa… so no cool!” whimpered Tree Hugger. She wasn’t pretending to be chill; she was worried for the others, especially for DD, as she promised Buddy she wouldn’t let anything happen to her.


While all that was happening, Lightning and Starla were still stuck at the door to the secret lair, still uncertain if whether or not to barge in with the hostages still in danger.


Lightning motioned by nodding at Starla.

His wife complied, and she turned round and fired a tiny light orb from her horn, sending it floating back along the tunnel and up the stairs.


While inside the lab, the console began bleeping, telling Beaker than the Ray Machine was nearly completely charged.

“Excellent!” he chirped “This is what I’ve been waiting and planning for all these years.”

He began to fiddle with the controls, and from in the other room, the big machine began to rise up on a huge lift. Then the pole, with the ray atop it, began to extend upward. It went up, and up, and up through a long silo…

The silo extended itself to rise up out of the water, and the ray spouted out, and aimed straight up at the sky.

Beaker’s laugh sounded far more psychotic than maniacal, even his teammates could feel it, especially when he prepared the machine to unleash its power, and carry out his plan.


The prisoners felt sick with worry, and they weren’t willing to let them get away with this!

“COMMANDER!!” shouted Sea Green “DON’T WORRY ABOUT US!! GET IN HERE AND STOP THESE CRAZY NUTS!!”

“Do it!!” agreed Skystar. “We’re only a few against many lives on the line!”

Were Fisher conscious after being conked out, he would have voiced his willing to riskhis own life as well.


Lightning and Starla knew they had no choice. The needs of the many outweighed the needs of the few.


“You all be quiet!” shouted Paige, and she and her teammates looked ready to belt and shock the prisoners silly…

…When suddenly… in a bright flash of light, Applebloom and her friends popped into the chamber.

“STOP THEM!!” shouted Applebloom.

Before the Idiots knew it, a great big brawl had broken loose.

Dodger lunged at Sweetie, and she levitated a chair, throwing it straight at him.

Grimber punched, kicked and even swung his wrench at DD, but the well-trained filly effortlessly dodged his every attack, taunting, “You missed me!

You missed me again!”

Then she finally found her opening and lunged at him, giving him a stiff upper-punch to the chin, sending him soaring and slamming hard into the wall.


Beaker hid behind a console watching the chaos. Still not wishing to lose his goal, he still knew one way to get out, and he clicked on a switch, and his three other prisoners flipped through the walls, and he slipped off through a secret exit with them.


Starla and Lightning heard everything from outside, and they kicked the doors open with ease, bursting into the chamber to see the fighting.

They were ever so surprised to see all the crusaders and Pear Butter beating the heck out of the four ponies.

Sun grabbed Applebloom from behind, until Scootaloo rushed forth and gave her a head-butt to the side, crashing her into a sofa, tipping it over.

“You little brats!” shouted Paige, but before she could do anything at all, Pear Butter grabbed her from behind and turned her to face her snarling face.

“This is for kidnapping and threatening my little girl!” and she gave a huge fist in the face knocking her into Dodger, and they both fell onto the coffee-table, which fell under their weight.

“Okay, enough!” shouted Lightning, and everyone froze on the spot immediately.

Before long, the four teammates were officially arrested, and Starla bound them up tight in magical bindings after reading them their rights.


Lightning then questioned the Crusaders and Pear Butter. “What are you all doing here? How did you even get here?”

Before anyone could even try to answer, “Wait!” cried Applebloom “Where’s the crazy scientist guy?”

Everyone realized this too, and they also saw that the other three prisoners were gone too.

That’s when Beaker’s evil laugh was heard, and he appeared on the console screen. “…An astounding performance, Starfleet…

…Too bad it’s all for nothing!”

The screen revealed he was outside, and using a remote-device to control the machine where he stood, and the ray was ready to fire into the sky.

“We’ve got to stop him!” cried Applebloom.

The others agreed, but Beaker cautioned them, “I wouldn’t…” and he showed that he still had the hostages with him, all bound and tied to the silo.

“Skystar!” cried Lightning “She can’t survive out of the water too long!”

“And she still can’t change into her Hippogriff forum.” added Starla.

Suddenly, all the doors and the viewports sealed tight, along with extra, thick steel walls.

“What’s going on?” cried Sweetie.

“Oh, come now…” taunted Beaker. “Surely even the great Starfleet can escape form a situation like this.”

He pressed on his remote, which opened a valve, letting the water gush in.

“He’s flooding the place!” cried Sun.

“But what about us?!” called Grimer.

“He’s betraying us!” growled Paige.

“Yo’, uncool, baby!” sneered Dodger.

The water was already up to everyone’s ankles.

Starla and Lightning helped the prisoners get to their feet to keep them above.

“Good luck trying to get out of this one!” Beaker taunted “Even if you do, it’s too late now!”

With one press of his remote, the ray fired a huge beam into the night sky, creating a giant flash of light.

“YES!!” cried Beaker.

Suddenly, more lights shone on him. He turned round, and saw and entire fleet of soldiers standing on the land many feet away from him.

“Freeze!” called Pinkie’s droid “This is Starfleet. You’re under arrest!”

Pinkie had gotten the signal-- the orb of light which Starla had sent up the tunnel earlier-- and brought the cavalry as promised and ordered.

Suddenly, there was another bright flash from above as strong lights began to rain down from the skies like a huge storm. The rain then fell on top of the hostages and the Starfleet soldiers, magically encasing them all within magical spheres-- exactly as Beaker promised, while he himself remained completely unaffected.

“Hey!”

“What’s going on?”

“What is this stuff?!”

The soldiers stretched and punched to try and break the magical spheres.



“It’s no use, Losers!” hollered Beaker. “This force is conjured up by the spiteful energies of myself and those who loathe you, and combined with my genius formula and magic, you cannot break it, and now the best part happens!!

…You’re all going to be blasted into Space, where you’ll be lost forever, and that goes for anyone whom my magical rain falls down upon who is loyal to you!!

THIS IS THE END!!!”


“Think again!” shouted Pinkie.

“Huh?”

Beaker could hardly believe his eyes-- she was still unaffected.

“Your magic obviously doesn’t work on machines!”

The rain was continuing to spread across the planet so long as the ray was firing.

Then suddenly...

POW!!

A huge burst of magic fired from the roc-formation by the shore. Lightning, Starla, their friends, and prisoners leapt out through a hole they had blasted to escape the flooded lab.

“Look out!!” shouted Pinkie, but the second her friends rushed out into the open, the magical rain struck them, imprisoning them in magical spheres that began to float off the ground.

The prisoners, of course, were spared due to their hate of Starfleet.


“What’s going on?” wailed Sweetie.

“It’s an energy prison!” cried DD.

“It’s his machine!” shouted Applebloom “We’ve got to stop it!”


Then, as if by magic, the machine powered down, and the ray stopped firing, which causing the magical rain to cease.

“What?!” snapped Beaker. “No, no, don’t give out now!!” he began to pound and hammer at the machine, but he found the reason it stopped. “It’s out of energy!!”

“Looks like only half a tank of gas wasn’t good enough… TRAITOR!!” shouted Sun.

Breaker pulled on his mane, yelling in complete and total insanity! “THIS CAN’T BE HAPPENING!!”

It only got worse for him, for as his ray had used up all its energy, those who were encased in spheres suddenly broke free.

And as for Beaker, Pinkie rushed her droid clear over to catch him.

Desperate to get away, he leapt off the platform and into the water, only to be apprehended by his three former prisoners.

“That’s enough of your trouble making!” yelled Fisher.

Skystar angrily swam up to Beaker and slapped him hard across the face with her tail. “Monster!” she roared.

“Okay, okay, easy, easy!” said Sea Green as he calmed his wife down. “He’ll get what’s coming to him.”


Indeed…

With all of the Idiots arrested and plenty of proof, that when it came time for their trial, they didn’t have a chance.

Beaker was charged with…

-Treason
-Kidnapping
-Attempted Murder

…Not to mention attempted Genocide in his plan to overthrow the entire planet and kill practically everyone on it, all because of his complete stubbornness and his detesting of Starfleet, as well as being carless, thoughtless, underestimating his adversaries and trying to rush things through.

The other members of the Idiots were all equally charged for their aiding and abetting in the plot.

Applebloom’s entire family attended the trial, and so did Skystar’s mother, Queen Novo from Sequestria-- in her Hippogriff forum.

When she heard how the Idiots treated her daughter and her son-in-law, she was infuriated, but she kept her cool for the sake of justice.

Swift Star was asked to come to the trial by Lightning, as a way of training him for future courts of law-- not to mention he felt that Beaker and the others could use one of his inspirational speeches.


Beaker gave a long rant of why he hated Starfleet so much and why he did what he did, which was pretty much the usual stuff.

“You Starfleeters ruined our world. You led bad guys to our planet. You boss and push us Equestrians around like slaves! You even took my dreams of scientific achievement away from me!”

He then shouted at practically every single creature in the entire court, “AND I CANNOT BELIEVE ALL OF YOU SUPPORT THESE MONSTERS!!

What’s wrong with all of you?! Can’t you see we’d be better off without them?! But now, you’re all just as pathetic and as stupid as any other!”

For all of Beaker’s rantings and ravings, all they did was confirm just how insane he was.

The panel of judges demanded he silence himself and refrain from any further raving.

As for Swift, he angrily pounded the table, not willing to listen to another one of this mad-pony’s falsehoods.

“Now, you listen to me, you twisted punk! We’ve all dealt with your kind before, and it always took us months to wash the filth out of our mouths!”

The judge banged his gavel, “Cadet Swift Star, please refrain from--” was all he said before Lightning interrupted him.

“No… let him continue. It needs to be said. Even you’re thinking the same way.”

The judge tried to make an excuse, but he looked up at the majesties, sitting in their balcony box behind the court.

They nodded at him to allow Swift to proceed.

Swift was welcomed forward, but he still stood a few feet from Beaker as he really laid into him.

“Starfleet has explained all the things that led to all this many times, and a lot of us were willing to accept it, but you and like the many others refuse to, and instead of taking the time to at least learn and understand how it is, you continue to ignore it and follow your own assumptions, which are always wrong… and you know they are.”


Beaker was twitching angrily with his head dropped forth.

“GET YOUR HEAD WHEN I’M TALKING TO YOU!!” yelled Swift, causing Beaker to wince.

“Starfleet didn’t do this to you; you brought it on yourself. I sat here and listened to rant and whine about how you could’ve been some great scientist, well you still could have been all those things. You could’ve continued your work, and maybe you could even have accepted Starfleet’s ways, maybe even discover new ideas…

…But No, that wasn’t good for you, was it? You chose to be miserable. You chose to be ignorant and resentful and you let it eat away at your conscience. That’s why you came up with this ridiculous scheme to get rid of practically everyone on the planet.

Now let me ask you this…

Even if your little project had succeeded and you got rid of everyone, what then? There’s no way you, and whoever would be left would be able to carry on.

What would you do without the Starfleet Tech we use to make this easier in life…?

What would you do even with things that don’t require it?

Where are you going to get food and resources? You’re no farmer, you’re no ecologist, and even still, with Starfleet gone, what would you do if the planet was attacked?

Lord Titan and his goons are still out there, you know, and so are a whole ton of other bad guys and sickos who see no boundaries into coming here and stirring up trouble, and won’t be able to drive them off, not with the pitiful and limited resources you’d have.


See, that’s the problem with you, you don’t think too far ahead. You were so obsessed with getting rid of Starfleet, you devoted all your time and power to it, and even then it flopped miserably, especially because you were in such a reckless hurry that you were willing to sacrifice your own minions who served with you.

…And you have the gall to preach about loyalty, decency, understanding, and friendship?

Look around you Beaker… things just happened that led to all this, and while our lives may not be the shining example of what you call “perfect,” I’m grateful towards Starfleet and so is everyone else. They saved my life, they saved those I love and more, and now I’m one of them, trying to help make the difference that they do…

…And that’s something you and those like you just don’t understand and refuse to.

Well, I hope it takes the rest of your life now, because that’s all you’re looking at.”

Beaker, feeling totally cornered and squashed, could only angrily spit in Swift’s face, which made the court gasp in shock.

Swift angrily wiped it away and returned to his seat.



With all said and done, deliberation of a verdict was plenty easy.

“All rise…!” called the head judge, and everyone stood up.

Grand Ruler and Celestia both had flutter up off the floor to be seen.

“Has the panel reached a verdict?” asked Grand Ruler.

“We have.” declared the judge.

“You may proceed.” said Celestia.


The panel of judge rose, and the head judge declared. “It is the ruling of this court that they defendants are found guilty of all charges.

The four members of the Industry Dedicated In Overthrowing and Terminating Starfleet are hereby sentenced to no less that five and no more than twenty years in prison.

While Beaker, being the brains behind it all, is hereby sentenced to prison and hard labor on the Prison Planet Conva…

…For Life!”

The court began to applaud and cheer, while the Idiots could only hang their heads in anger and defeat as they were hauled off to be taken away.

Paige’s newspaper would carry on, once they found a new publisher.

Grimer, being a mere sewer worker, was easily replaced, and the same went for Sun Dew. There were plenty of Pegasi to help with the weather.

As for Dodger, he had no family, no successor, nothing. So his dance hall would be closed up until the right course of action to be done for it.


Once the trial was concluded, and everyone filed out, the sea ponies bid farewell to their friends.

“Words cannot describe my gratitude for your saving Princess Skystar.” said Queen Novo.

“You should really thank the Cutiemark Crusaders.” said Lightning, and then he looked at them rather sternly, “Even though they disobeyed orders, and DD broke enough Starfleet rules that could cost her all future training and admissions…”

The girls all began to look tearfully worried.

…But then Lightning’s scowl turned into a proud smile, “But given the circumstances, we only see it fit that they each receive special awards for services rendered, in the helping of saving their entire world once again.”

The girls looked back and forth at each other with huge and excited smiles. Pear Butter and Bright Mac were especially proud for Applebloom, so was Big Mac.

“That’s the girls for you…” said Big Mac “They just can’t help themselves.”

The girls each did their cheer-- putting their hands together and then leaping up high, “CUTIEMARK CRUSADERS!!”

Starla chuckled at how far the girls had come, and how brave they were.


“Well, we better get going.” said Sea Green. “I’m going to set up Beaker’s old lab as my new research facility. It helps now that it’s flooded, and there’s still some good equipment I can tinker with.”

He paused, and assured everyone, “…For good stuff only.”

Fisher snickered, “That’s my boy; always thinking right.”

Skystar pecked her husband sweetly on the cheek.

Novo could only shake her head and say, “I could have chosen so much better.” she murmured. Then she smiled at her daughter and said, “…But you couldn’t have.”

Skystar and her husband smiled at her, and hugged her warmly.




After the Seaquestrians headed off back for the sea, and the Crusaders headed for their respective homes to get back to normal life…

Swift addressed Lightning and Starla. “I’m sorry if I came on a little too strongly in there.”

“Don’t be,” said Starla. “You have every right to read him out. Any one of us in that room would have done it.”

Lightning agreed.

Swift felt a little better, but it still drove him crazy the way some folks have it in for Starfleet and their supporters.

“If only we could make them see.”

“I’m afraid that is quite impossible.” said Celestia as she, her husband, and sister came out from the courthouse. “While some things do happen in life that we have no control over, whether we choose to accept them is our own decisions, but we cannot force people to change their minds, We can only set an example.”

Swift realized this, “Still…” he said “I don’t get why some people don’t get over themselves and try to see a difference.”

“As the queen just said,” replied Grand Ruler “…We can only hope to set examples which can people can learn from, but there are some who just aren’t looking to learn. They cannot be reasoned with, bought, or negotiated with.

…Some creatures simply wish to bear the grudge, and where they end up after is entirely up to them and the actions they take.”


Basically, there was nothing neither they, nor anyone could do but just roll with it, but they were thankful the majority of the planet was all for Starfleet rather than against them.



(Promo)

In our next episode: Rhymey and Fluttershy face big problems on a planet that confuses them of being hostile after they save it from Titan’s forces and forbid them from leaving. Meanwhile, Starlight Glimmer attempts another attack on Celestia, this time with both herself and her puppet clone, and a creature that multiplies it, creating an entire army of Starlights.

Can Rhymey and Fluttershy prove their innocence, and will the Starlight army overwhelm Starfleet’s forces?

Don’t miss the next exciting episode of “Starfleet Magic!”

(Next Episode: “Multiple Deceptions”)