• Published 1st Jan 2021
  • 538 Views, 18 Comments

My Brave Pony: Starfleet Magic Season X - DakariKingMykan



Titan is back, and Protesters are being silly again.

  • ...
77
 18
 538

Episode 22: Part 1: Project Darkness

EPISODE TWENTY-TWO

*Mykan’s POV*

When their majesties had received word that we were on our way back, they ordered the entire unit to report to the palace immediately to await our return with our prisoners.


You can bet, Avyanna and Mayne were infuriated beyond words.

“It’s bad enough that you deceived me!” growled Avyanna “You had no right to take us from my planet. You will all suffer for this when word gets round the galaxy!”

“Save your breath.” sneered Lightning. “As you’ve already been informed, the Galactic Council has already spread word of your crimes and our reasons. You have no legal leg to stand on.”

Every single one of us in that room nodded squarely at her, cementing her hopelessness.

Avyanna then glared angrily at me, and I gave her a slick wink as if to say “…No hard feelings.”

I suspected that while we were switched, she had accessed my memories as I did some of her own, but I was beginning to suspect she hadn’t learned much or she wouldn’t be so broody.

Grand Ruler Celesto and Queen Celestia then approached Avyanna, and she and Mayne were very surprised to see they were mere teenagers, but were instructed not to make any corny remarks.

“Princess Avyanna…” said Grand Ruler “You have already been informed why you were brought here, which brings me straight to the point…”

Princess Luna came forth holding a rolled up scroll on a pillow, which she gave to Celestia. She opened it before the Kallanian princess and stated, “This is a complete pardon for all the crimes you have committed against our forces both recently and in the past.”

“A pardon?!” grumbled Rainbow Dash “…For those two? You’ve got to be kidding?”

“Quiet!” snapped Buddy “They’re trying to make a deal here.”

Really, he and all the rest were a little appalled by it too, but none were as appalled as Avyanna and Mayne.

“You wish to excuse me for all that I’ve done?” she asked. “I have already been tricked far enough. I refuse to be deceived again.”

“This is no deception.” replied Luna “You will be granted full amnesty for your actions.”

The two aliens could already tell there was going to be a catch. No one just handed out pardons without a hitch.

“What do you expect from us?” asked Mayne.


Grand Ruler explained the situation about Titan and the trouble he was causing, which the aliens could hardly believe and were astounded.

“Why would they act so shocked?” muttered Artie “They once were in cahoots with Titan.”

Then came the shocker that almost nobody was prepared for…

“…We wish to make use of your forces.” said Grand Ruler “You agree to help us in the battle against Titan, and the pardon is yours, as well as your banishment changed to probation.”

Avyanna read over the pardon, and while it seemed legit, both she and Mayne still felt skeptical and upset by this whole ordeal.

“Don’t you get it?” called Applejack “It’s a chance for y’all to turn yourselves around and earn another chance.”


Avyanna hesitated and then said “I still don’t believe in this. One should never trust the enemy.”

Mayne was already willing to go through with it. “Your highness, with all due respect, I believe we should accept.”

She gave him a horrid stare for that.

“Rejection would not be wise.” Lightning said, and Starla agreed with him. “We’ve got enough evidence on you to send you away for five-hundred years, and even if you return to your planet… Titan is still out there, and there’s no telling what he’ll do.”

Finally, as Avyanna looked up at me, she couldn’t help but get lost in my eyes, and she assumed I was concerned about her.


…Really… I was more concerned for the fate of the galaxy if she didn’t agree to help.

“Very well...” said Avyanna “…I agree to your terms.”

A lot of us still didn’t feel too keen on this.

Rarity clutched her stomach which was turning. “I can’t help shake off these dreadful feelings.”

Spike felt the same as she, but her knew, “We don’t really have a choice, honey. I’ve got a feeling this worse than we think.”


Avyanna would have to be watched over constantly to keep her out of trouble and ensure she complied with the rules, but one false move and she’d be charged harshly.


With all that settled it was on to the next step; viewing the downloaded information I got from the Enticorn’s mind.

The chip I had was placed into the computer and showed us everything on the screen…


It was all elementary reasoning: Since Starlight absorbed Lightning energy and changed himself and their majesties into children, she gave the power to Titan which would allow him to absorb energy from the planets… hence: the generators and the monster squads.

The Enticorn slowly regained power and eventually escaped from Titan after weakening him for a spell, and while trapped inside, he learned about Titan’s plan… “Project: Darkness.”

What we all saw then was extremely frightful and turned all our bloods cold…

Titan was gathering the dark aura from the energy of planets not just to bring himself back to life and restore his power… but also… to create a star; a star made of complete and total negative energy. A star he could control and shift throughout the cosmos.

…His purpose: Traverse the universe, using this Dark Star to absorb all the energy from the light, and crush every planet, every star-system in his path, and rule the universe with every bit of evil and darkness he possessed!


Fluttershy trembled…

The twins gulped hard…

…I was just astounded. “Inconceivable! A star you can control and move like a ship?!”

“Nevertheless, that’s what Titan is up to.” said Grand Ruler. “He must be stopped at the earliest possible time before he starts to form that star.”

Everyone agreed, but Applejack pointed out.

“Um… still one problem: We still haven’t got a clue of where these creeps are.”

Rhymey sighed…

“We traveled and traveled all over space,
But there’s still no sign of the enemy’s base.”


“Not so…” I said “I managed to download just a little more from the Enticorn’s mind.”

And I motioned at their majesties to play more of the footage, which everyone watched in astonishment…

It turned out that the Shadow Planet, while on the move, would be positioned in a location in an isolated area near the very center of the galaxy where there was plenty of empty space to form the Dark Star.

“…Well, that was easy.” said Rainbow “But how are we going to get there? Our dimensional pathways can’t connect to it-- it’s not a natural planet.”

“All the more reason the Kallanian fleet will be aiding us.” replied Celestia.


Avyanna and Mayne remained silent, not wanting to get into any more trouble.

“So where do we start?” asked Lightning.


The plan was laid out to alert the entire… the absolute entire Starfleet all across the galaxy of the impending battle ahead, but it would take quite a few days.

“A few days?!” wailed Krysta “Isn’t that cutting it a bit short? Titan could be ready to launch any minute.”

“Not likely…” said Starla “I know stars, even artificial ones; they take time to be formed. Even if Titan somehow speeds up the process, it could still take him a few days-- a week at the most form where he is now.”

“All the more reason for us to get hopping then.” said Lightning.

Their majesties, the team, I, and even the Kallanians agreed.

*POV Ends*


Over the next few days, word was sent out about the plan. Every Starfleet outpost on every single planet in every system all over the galaxy were notified and told of the plan.

Other races across United Equestria-- the Griffons, the Minataur, even the Dragons were rallying their allies and forces to give whatever assistance they could.

Avyanna and Mayne were returned to Kallan, escorted by a Starfleet unit, to begin organizing things with their arsenal of ships and attackers.

…all this while the big version of the Starfleet Theme played.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEtf3oUJZCQ&t=75s

(1:15 to 5:48)


All the time the song was playing, a montage of flicks roamed by showing the images of it all unfolding…

-The soldiers all getting into gear and marching…

-Civilians were being warned by announcements that things were about to get super dangerous, and preparing for await further orders, as it would probably require more than just a simple lockdown.

-Avyanna and her fleet were preparing all their weapons and spacecraft they could.


…The song ended.



And over the course of the days, something magical did happen… something lovely and wonderful…

…Pinkie finally had her baby! It was a boy!

He was a tiny humanoid Earth Pony with a bisque colored-coat, and a light blue mane and tail, and he had his mother’s beautiful blue eyes.

His name was Biscuit Pie-- Named after a little bit of Pinkie’s family, Spice’s family, and a little bit of the Cake family.

Pinkie was holding her little bundle, wrapped in a blue blanket in her hospital bed. Her loving husband stood beside her, and all the friends came by to see the little one, with Lightning, Starla, and Krysta being last.

“Oh, Pinkie… he’s gorgeous!” cooed Starla.

“He sure is.” Pinkie said softly. She was still pretty weak after giving birth, and the fact she still wasn’t her usual bubbly self, but that would all change shortly.

Lightning shook Apple Spice’s hand. “Congratulations kid.”

Spice shook his hand, but he was so mesmerized by his little colt that he could barely look away.

“…I’m a father.” he muttered softly with such glee “I just can’t believe this.”

Pinkie looked up at him, “You can’t believe this…?” and she gave him a deep and loving smile, and then she let him hold the baby.

One look at his son’s smiling little face brought happy tears to his eyes.

Lightning and Starla stood together holding hands tights, and Krysta wiped a tear from her eye. “It’s so precious.” she sobbed.

They continued to watch the new family for a few more minutes before Dr. Penny came in to take the baby to maternity ward so Pinkie could rest.

“You’ll all have to leave now.”

Everyone agreed, and Pinkie then felt awful. She had received word of all that was going on…

“I wish I could be there to help you guys.”

Lightning shook his head, “You’re in no condition to be battling or even using your droid.”

“I second that…” replied Penny “I’ve got almost my entire med-team on standby to assist in any casualties.”

Lightning nodded thankfully at her, and then and the other bid the parents one final congratulations before departing, and Penny took the baby from Spice.

“Don’t worry, he’ll be just fine.” she hoped.

Even Pinkie felt worried about all this. In her experience on the force she knew… “…Anything can happen at the climax.”


Spice already felt his insides quaking in fear, but at the same time he vowed bravely to watch over his wife and their baby. “…I lost my folks… I’m not going to lose either of you.”

His wife felt touched for that. Usually it was she who did all the fighting and defending.


“Let’s go…” said Lightning, and Starla and Krysta followed him to the hospital lobby…

…And should they run into but Swift Star.

“Commander, General… I was told you’d be here. I must speak with you.”

“We’re sort of busy right now, Swift.” said Starla.

“Please, I must speak with you.”

“You have one minute.” said Lightning.

Swift got straight to the point, “…If there is to be a mission to mount an attack on Lord Titan, I would like to know that you’ll deliver Starlight Glimmer the message we received. She still needs to know.”

Lightning and Starla looked at one another.

“That’s it?” asked Krysta “That’s all you wanted?”

Lightning and Starla could tell Swift had been dealing with his hard emotions again.

“We’ll do what we can.” said Lightning “In the meantime, I have an assignment for you too.”


Before swift knew it, he was to stay at the hospital and help guard after all the people whom would eventually be coming to stay during lockdown, particular Pinkie and Spice and Little Biscuit.

…A task which he took a great honor at.


Meanwhile…

Far across, near the center of the galaxy…


The Shadow Planet had materialized as promised and dark energy waves were swirling above it.


The monster army all watched with anxiety and excitement!

“He’s coming! He’s really coming!”

“Lord Titan’s gathered enough power!”

“Keep those consoles steady! Help him get his body back.”

The monsters all did their best at the controls to keep the energy steady, and the more time passed, the more the energy over the planet grew larger, and swirled more swiftly as it all began to come together.


Specter, Razor, and Waverline, as well as Starlight all looked up at the forming forces, and could hear Titan’s evil laugh growing louder and clearer by the second.

Finally, the energy all collided together and crashed on the planet like a lightning bolt, making a big explosion and sending gales billowing past all the monsters. Many of them hit the dirt while others groaned and covered their faces…


…Then, as the smoke cleared, Starlight was the first one to look on in awe, followed by the henchmen, and the rest of the army…!


Titan stepped forth, no longer a giant spiritual being, but physical and solid, and he looked just as wicked, just as dark, and as powerful as he used to be; only he seemed three times the size of Starlight.

“Yes!!” he hissed as he flexed his shadowy hands, and with a great roar, he thrust his hands up high firing magical shadowy lighting into the skies, making the monsters wince in fear, which faded to cheers and hollering joy.

“HAIL LORD TITAN!!

HAIL LORD TITAN!!”


Starlight gazed at her master in such astounding awe. “Incredible.”


“It feels wonderful to be solid again.” said Titan, and he addressed his forces “All of you will be handsomely compensated for your efforts in restoring me… but enough with the sweet talk…

…There is much to be done. Project: Darkness now begins.”


He raised his arms up, forming a tiny ball of dark power, which he then sent up high into space, and then, with a snap of his fingers, all the generators and all the machines on the planet began to slowly add power collected from the planets into the speck.

“The Dark Star is beginning to form. Soon it will be larger and more powerful than a regular star, and nothing; not even the likes of Starfleet will be able to stand up to it.”

Starlight looked up at the forming star. “It is a very wondrous project, My Lord. You are aware, however that Starfleet will be making attempts to come here and stop you.”

Titan snickered, “Not only am I aware, I’m counting on it.”

Starlight nearly leapt in shock, but her master explained. “They will come to us…” and he conjured up an image of Lightning’s Enticorn held in the bowels of the Shadow Planet…

He was hooked into a machine that kept him weak by sapping his energy every time it rose to feed the machinery, so that everything was running faster and smoother with the power of the Uniforce.

Sadly, Titan could not use the force himself because the light was too pure for him. “It matters not.” he simply brushed it, and he looked up at the forming star. “I have what they want, and if they try to even get near us… well… let’s just say they’re in for the traditional welcoming.”

Starlight looked up at the star’s core forming, and while she was gleeful that her master’s plan was finally coming into reality… her eyes then played tricks on her as she saw images of Swift, and Celestia within the forming darkness.

She felt her anger and her confusion twist within her harder than ever before.

Titan could feel her tension.

“Something disturbs you...?”

Knowing she couldn’t hide it from him, she came clean. “I wish to go back to United Equestria and clean up some loose ends.”

The henchmen nearly flipped out of their artificial skins.

“She what?!” snapped Waverline.

“Is she insane?!” cried Razor.

Specter growled softly, but then… much to his and his comrades surprise…

“…Very well.” said Titan “…You may go.”

The henchmen’s mouths dropped wide open while Starlight grinned. “Thank you, My Lord. You shall not regret this.”

“I would expect nothing less from my Number-One apprentice.”

Feeling flattered, Starlight turned and headed down the way. “Come on, you three…” she called at the henchmen.

They could hardly believe this was happening, until Titan turned and looked at them, and gave them a sinister looking glare through his hood, and a soft nod as if he was telling them to “…You know what to do.”

The henchmen got the idea, and now they felt much better.

Starlight had no idea…

…Nevertheless, she and her comrades returned to the Spider-Base, which was all prepped up. IT even had its laser cannons repairs to really cause some damage.

“I’m coming for you, Celestia!” Starlight grumbled to herself “And while I’m at it, I’ll take out that Swift Star loser once and for all.

The sooner he’s out of my life, the sooner I can stop thinking about him.”


Specter glared at the distracted Starlight and thought, “You’re time is up, Starlight. You’re coming with us, but you’re going down for the last time.”

Soon, the Spider-Base headed on out into Space, yet the evil ones were all unaware of the plot that was unfolding by their enemies.



“What?!” exclaimed Starla to their majesties “You’re coming with us? Don’t you think that’s a little risky?”


“We realize that…” said Grand Ruler “But there will be no argument. We are going with you all to the Shadow Planet.”

Lightning agreed, “They should come anyway, just as I should go, and this time we’re not leaving until our bodies are restored.”

Starla couldn’t stop her inner worrying.


“Your feelings are note and understandable.” said Celestia “But you’ll have to trust in us all, and those who will be backing us up.”

That couldn’t be denied at all. Over the past few days, all the forces were standing by, forming one of the biggest fleet you’d ever see, and ready and raring to mount an all-out attack on Titan’s forces.


Suddenly, Princess Luna came into the briefing room with a concerned expression on her face. “…I believe it has begun.”

Everyone turned to face her, and she explained it all; how she and her troops received word from outer-planets, their deep space observatories detected a point of growing, evil energy from deep within the galaxy.

Grand Ruler’s fists clenched. “…The Dark Star is forming, and the Shadow Planet is exactly there too. The Time has come…”

Everyone agreed and soon the entire unit arrived at the palace, along with other volunteers whom met in the palace courtyard, and their majesties addressed them all.

This speech was shown and heard all over the planet.

Grand Ruler announced, “Today marks the beginning. Moments from now, our forces will head forth into, what shall truly be, the greatest, most dangerous, and desperate battle Starfleet or any one of you have ever known.

All of you listening in to my voice must know… that everything that can be done to repel the enemy forces has been considered and will be done.”

Celestia then began to speak. “In the meantime, Princess Luna shall be in charge of all things on the planet, with Princess Cadance and Shining Armor as her right-hands.”

Luna, Cadance, and Shining were all shown, and they nodded most proudly.

“All civilians are to heed the Martial Laws that are to go into effect and remain so until further notice.

-Remain off the streets and stay confined to the safety of your homes and/or shelters.

-All forces will tend to your necessities as to the instruction.

-And above all things, be prepared to escape the planet at any moment. Arrangements and destinations have already been made.”


Many civilians and non-soldiers across the planet took the danger very seriously, and most were preparing to obey willingly, while others were reluctant and sulking.


Pinkie and Spice could heard the announcement from the hospital as Pinkie held Baby Biscuit in her arms, still feeling frustrated that she couldn’t join her friends in battle at all.

“Easy, honey…” said Spice “Think of the baby.”

His wife looked down at her little son, who looked up at her and smiled and cooed without a care in the world, which made her smile loving at him.

Swift was at the window looking out at the sky. “I’d give almost anything if I could go with them… even for a short time.” he said to himself.

He was still thinking about Starlight and hoping Lightning would give her the spiritual stone.

“…There’s hope in her; there’s got to be.”


Meanwhile, once the last of the speeches and orders were given it was then coming to the hardest and saddest part of all…


…Saying goodbye to the children!

Lightning and Starla were in most sadness having to fully leave Shining Light behind.

“No, go… No!” cried the infant “…Stay!”

It only hurt his parents more, and tears came to Starla’s eyes. “Don’t worry, honey…” she said to him “Daddy and I will be home soon.”

She honestly didn’t know if that would be happening, given the magnitude of the dangers involved.

Lightning held his son and rocked him. “Daddy needs you to be brave now. The braver you are, the sooner we’ll be home, okay?”

Shining actually looked like he was trying to hold back his sobs, but his tears didn’t stop falling.

Luckily, he felt tired from feeling sad for so long that he just drifted off to sleep, which made it easy for the parents to place him in the Royal Nursery.

The other parents had already said their goodbyes to their respective children too, and you can be there were tears, especially from Fluttershy and Rarity.

Their husbands comforted them, while feeling just as worried as they were.

Buddy hung his head like a wilted flower, “That goodbye I gave to Tree Hugger and DD was more painful than the last one. Thank goodness, Seedling was asleep. I couldn’t bear to break her heart.”

“Speak for yourself.” said Artie “Sunset told me, and I quote…”


A flashback occurred to them embracing each other at the gallery.

“You came home once before, and you do it again, understand? I don’t want to have a baby and then raise it alone.”

She knew Artie couldn’t promise her, but he said just to flatter her, “You got it. I’ll make Titan sorry he came back to life.”


The flashback ended…


Shining Armor and Cadance were standing at the other end of the nursery, with Flurry Heart, and they could barely stand the sight of the goodbyes and all that.

Shining Armor sniffled. “Oh... I’m glad at least we get to stay, but just the same…” he couldn’t finish.

His wife placed her hand on his shoulder, “I don’t like it any more than you do.”

She then looked down at her sleeping daughter in one of the cribs. “Thank goodness she’s too young to understand.”


Then, it was into the children’s royal bedroom, where their majesties were saying goodbye to their own children.

“You be good for Aunt Luna now.” Celestia said as she hugged them both deeply.

The kids looked across at their aunt who was standing at the other end of the room. Luna looked at them deeply, showing sincere concern for them both, and wanting to keep them safe.

“Do you have to go?” asked Castor.

“What if you get hurt?” cried Lelani “What if you never come back?!”

Their father hugged them both and made them look him in the eyes. “Your mother and I love you both very much. We don’t like to do this, and we don’t want to, but…” he paused “If we don’t do this, we could put a lot of others in danger, including you two.

So, think of it like that… we’re fighting for you, because we love you very much.”

The children tried to understand, but they still didn’t like this.

Celestia hugged and pecked her sweethearts again, and her husband joined in the hug.

Then he whispered into his wife’s ear, “…We should go.”

Celestia agreed, and she let her sister comfort the children, but she herself seemed deeply concerned.

“Good luck… both of you…” she whispered across at them.

Her relatives stared back at her one last time before leaving the bedroom.


Celestia did her best to suppress her tears and sadness, trying to summon her courage and determination for what lay ahead.


Soon, she and her husband were all gathered out in the field with Lightning, Starla, their unit, and all the soldiers going with them.

Luna, the children, and other knights and soldiers watched from the palace windows and battlements.

The knights and soldiers were saluting in farewell to the army.

Krysta and a large swarm of her fairies had gathered

“Are we ready…?” asked Grand Ruler.

The army all saluted bravely at their majesties, and Grand Ruler nodded at Krysta to do it.

Krysta called to her fairies “Let’s go…!”

Combining their magic, the fairies created vast amounts of portals, for the army began to split up to head off to different sectors to join other teams across the galaxy, while Lightning and his unit would be going with their majesties to Kallan to join Princess Avyanna and her forces.

Before long, everyone had leapt through the portals, and traveled on their own magical pathways, moving further and further from each other as they headed out into space.

…The battle was about to begin!


To Be Continued…


(Promo)

In our next episode: It’s touch-and-go as the Starfleet forces make attempts to reach the Shadow Planet, while Titan’s forces put up a good fight themselves, at the same time, Starlight and her forces arrive back at United Equestria to engage in more chaos.

Can our heroes successfully reach the planet in one peace?

Don’t miss the next exciting episode of “Starfleet Magic!”

(Next Episode: “Galaxy Wars”)

Author's Note:

Too big to post here... so I'll blog it.

https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/957409/authors-note-blog-starfleet-magic-s10ep22