• Published 20th Apr 2021
  • 1,663 Views, 35 Comments

We Are Legion - I-A-M



After the events of Anon-A-Miss, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo became pariahs, and slowly, their isolation takes them to darker and darker places.

  • ...
8
 35
 1,663
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 15 )

This the possibly the darkest and saddest thing I've read since Silent Ponyville. Probably even more. I needed an hour to get my cool back. All this pain...

As it is, she’s easily the richest girl at CHS, and she and her little clique of stuck-up snobs have spent the last year making our lives a living hell like it’s their job.

Heh, reading this actually made me think she would have enough sensibility to stop acting like a jerk, at least to them. Guess not.

10801610
I think that's kinda of the whole point of this fic in regards to the students of CHS. Their utter hypocrisy and complete inability to learn from their mistakes.

Obviously, there should be consequences for the CMC - regardless of their intentions, their actions resulted in Sunset being taken by the Fog, and a lot of people being hurt.

However, there comes a point where catharsis stops being cathartic, and you're just beating a dead horse with a dead horse.

And in regards to Anon-A-Miss, they're hardly the only ones at fault - while they did light the match, the other students, including the Rainbooms, not only supplied the kindling, but poured gasoline on the fire and made it worse. And poor Sunset was their Wicker Man.

They substituted one scapegoat for another.

10801641
That's essentially it, yeah. Given the opportunity to face the things about us that make us bad people and try to fix them, and having the option to blame those things on another person and continue living our lives, blissfully ignorant, most people choose the latter, unfortunately. In this case, the students did just that--first hanging Sunset out to dry, then blaming their own indiscretions on Anon-A-Miss despite them being just as culpable

nice work

10801641
10801644
I can see and understand that but just the magnitude alone is staggering. Maybe I'm just too optimistic but amongs so many people there has to at least one exception. Literally, everyone doing it and then keep doing and spiralling themselves and others into despair, self-harm and 'villany' seems slightly unlikely. Very cynical view on the world.

10801676
So, to get real here for a second (I mean IRL real), I grew up in a situation largely like this. My public school experience was a campaign of physical and emotional violence, and yeah, you would think there would be at least one person who spoke up, but there wasn't. Turns out that peer pressure is a helluva thing.

This isn't really worldview, unfortunately. I'm writing from experience.

10801697
Ohh. I'm sorry to hear that. Yeah, sucks those 'situations' exist. And not just at schools.

But still, what about families. (In-Universe, not sure, it's appropriate to bring that IRL. I don't want to bring up a firestorm). Is there really no one more sympathetic to their plight and just abusive, ignorant at best? All three of them?

10801751
There probably is but the CMC can't see it, after all Sweetiebells, Appleblooms, and Scootaloos sisters go to this school so even if their were other family members who knew of this and were sympathetic it is hard to see and hear their words of comfort when those you hold the closest (In this regard the sisters) are also the ones hurting you, while I have not had to experience this I sadly was one of these very people to my brother......thankfully I got over myself but I saw it's effects on him, and thankfully now me and my brother are mending that bridge

"and on the last one we’d only barely made it away from before the cops showed"
"and on the last one we’d only barely made it away before the cops showed"?

"doing cartwheels as I mull of her proposition"
"doing cartwheels as I mull over her proposition"?

"the only who ain’t losing her head"
"the only one who ain’t losing her head"?

"Maybe because she’s the more grounded of us?"
"Maybe because she’s the most grounded of us?"?

"She says it like every ain’t already gone"
"She says it like everything ain’t already gone"?

"a weak rattle as Scootaloo moves to from left to cut off their"
What was that "moves to from left" meant to be? I'm not parsing it sufficiently to suggest a correction, sorry.

"than the soft, sobbing still coming"
"than the soft sobbing still coming"?

"she eases up her grip before, leads the way with Ginger silently weeping behind her, I take"
"she eases up her grip before leading the way with Ginger silently weeping behind her. I take"?

"“Ah’d hate t’hafta to do something about it.”"
"“Ah’d hate t’hafta do something about it.”"?

"practically sticking my inside it, and spot"
"practically sticking my head inside it, and spot"?

"Each of us knows where the others."
"Each of us knows where the others are."?

"get close enough, and the spins around to face me."
"get close enough, and he spins around to face me."?

"and grip the hand of the knife with"
"and grip the handle of the knife with"?

"over my shoulder it’s the stink of death."
"over my shoulder; it’s the stink of death."?

"as the Fog of the Trails whirls around"
"as the Fog of the Trials whirls around"?

10801644
Will this harsh truth be administered to the masses in the fic, at some point? Because I would just love to see the looks on the guilty's faces when they realized that they made the very monsters now about to hunt them. I'm a very vindictive person in that manner; something about seeing someone shown their own hypocrisy is oh so sweet.

I think that's my inner sadist talking.

Comment posted by Kirbyfan123 deleted Oct 1st, 2021

Please come back

10883425
It's a dead by daylight thing. It's basically the stage that each killer has

10801697
My condolences for your hardships. I hope things are better for you these days. Hope you can get back to writing at some point.

I have read this story three times now and I really hope it will be continued one day along with your other stories. Far too many great stories here on Fimfiction never gets finished.

Login or register to comment