• Published 11th Aug 2020
  • 211 Views, 12 Comments

rice's Speedwrites - rice



A collection of my short speedwritings!

  • ...
0
 12
 211

youre me

“Is this earl grey?”

“Oolong, actually.” It pukes out through its membrane skin if that’s what you can call it.

I hum as my lips touch the rim of my porcelain cup, the vibrations wavering the warming beverage. Don’t close my eyes though, I can never let my eyes waver from what’s in front of me.

“You look particularly beautiful today, Rarity.” Its voice rang deep, its eyelashes picking up a candy heart and ingesting it with its sclera.

“Mmm, yes. I tried a new hair treatment and it’s been simply divine on my scalp. I’d give you a bottle but…” How horrid. I dig my nose even deeper to the teacup to mask the stench.

“It has been a long time since we have seen each other, but please, spare me your pity, darling.” Her Its feathery tentacle slaps against the tea table in a sickening thud.

“How have you been?” I cough nervously, raking a hoof through my mane.

“The usual, overworked, Sweetie Belle took another one of my special fabrics again, and sleep has been nothing but a few jerks within my silk comforter.” She screams through her mouth, mouth? I actually don’t know what I’m looking at.

“But you already know how it goes, you always do.” It spoke calmly, her voice like a gentle scratch along a chalkboard.

I’m sorry,.
Is what I would say. But if I’m being honest, I’m terrified.

“If you were really sorry, you’d spend more time with me. Hell, how long has it been since you’ve talked to me? The least you could do is spend time with yourself.” Its voice ripples through the air like brambles.

“I know… I know I promised to spend more time with you. But Sapphire Shores asked for a new line and… I just-” I shake in my chair, fixing my false eyelash that started to unstick.

“Always time for someone else. You’ll die if you keep going at this pace, and you know that I will go along with you. Is that what you wa nt ? Or is it that you occupy your schedule so much that you can’t even bear to talk with you?”

“It was lovely talking with you, but it seems we have more things to do.” I look at the clock, half past noon already?

“No matter how many dresses you create, it will never fix this. It will never fix the fact that you hate me.” Her veins circle around the teacup’s plate, she couldn’t even bear to look at me.

I couldn’t help but scorn at those words, shutting my eyes hard and rubbing my temples slightly. I finally stand up from my bed and face away from the mirror.

“Please…” She spoke just above a whisper.

I leave the bedroom to start another day.

Author's Note:

A panic writing from a prompt image that had tiny little candy hearts full of non-candy heart sayings. From the image I chose the candy heart youre me. The story was written within a span of 25 minutes.

Comments ( 3 )

“You look particularly beautiful today, Rarity.” Its voice rang deep, its eyelashes picking up a candy heart and ingesting it with its sclera.

Now if this isn't a mood, I don't know what is.

I think I need context for the chapter titled "youre me." Please?

10752011
Rarity talks with herself in the mirror. It manifests into her talking with a monster drinking tea with her because that's where she feels most comfortable talking with something that makes her feel... not comfortable. She never wants to spend time with herself because she can never muster the power to even look at her own disgusting form, although this action only makes her image worse.

Login or register to comment