• Published 25th Jun 2020
  • 1,190 Views, 42 Comments

Wrath of Grogar - Israel Yabuki

  • ...
6
 42
 1,190

A Grand Ending

Author's Note:

And that concludes the ending of the sequel. Follow TheShadowKnight for helping me finish this long-overdue project and as always, thank you for all of your patience and support. Be sure to stay tuned for more stories and chapters in the future and keep on bronying on.

On the abandoned island ruins of Eternal Flames' former demon kingdom, the evil Grogar had suffered a most humiliating defeat. His injuries were too deep and too severe for him to recover and had only a small amount of magic left in him to keep him alive for a few minutes. With no one around to witness his death, he decided to take one last gamble.

"C… Curse those… inferior mortals. It seems… I underestimated them." he uttered in a weak tone, while spitting out blood, unable to get up. "They might have won… today… but my legacy will most certainly survive!"

Channeling the last ounce of magic from within his dying soul, he then opened his massive jaw wide open before reaching inside and pulling out three black mass orbs and planted them into the ground with one massive slam. Doing this, his body began to shrivel up and wither away.

"Good luck. . . my children! Get revenge. . . for your father's demise. Destroy all those who oppose you!" Grogar uttered with his last dying breath. At long last, the demonic ram goes limp and dies there. His body cripples and vanishes like the white ash. The terror known as Grogar… is no more.


Meanwhile, back in the city, citizens were gathered in a huge crowd, many reunited with those that had fallen in the conflict. Even some of the resurrected soldiers regrouped with their comrades and reunited with their families.

The group responsible for the terrorizor's death explained everything to the city mayor and the general of the army. And while normally they'd leave out the part about using magic, that idea was thrown out the window after taking one good look at Inferno Blaze in his wraith form.

So Inferno decided to keep himself hidden in the shadows, even though Starlight tries to convince him otherwise; but the wraith was persistent that he can no longer interact with the inhabitants of this world; especially with what he’s become.

Still, despite his persistence to stay out of the spotlight, even Eternal felt like he deserves to share the glory, especially after he brought the people and the city back to life. Because for him, the victory just wouldn't feel right without his brother-in-arms by his side.

So he shared his thoughts with everyone, and they all agreed the same thing, especially Starlight. So they decided to pull him out of the shadows and interact with the people. But since he keeps refusing, they decide to sick Pinkie on him.

And even with his cosmic might and immortality, Inferno just couldn’t stand Pinkie’s constant yapping; forcing him to give in to his friends’ demands. And so the wraith reveals himself to the inhabitants of this world.

Some feared him, some despised, but most were grateful to him for restoring their city and bringing back their loved ones from the dead.

With Inferno now sharing the glory, a reward ceremony was to be held for these brave heroes and all those who fought fought for the city and their country.

A few hours went by and the stage was being set in the center of the city where everyone was gathered for the awards ceremony.

The group was all dressed up and cleaned up nicely. Applejack and Inferno still kept their stetson hats for the ceremony; cause nobody had the guts to take their hats from them.

"Ooh, this is gonna be so exciting! I'm so, so, so nervou-cited!!!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"I'd ask if that's even a word, but… let's be honest, this is Pinkie we're talking about," Israel said.

"Oh boy… this is huge. I mean really… really huge. Okay, keep calm, Twilight. Keep calm," Twilight said, trembling a little.

"It's okay, Twi. There's nothing to be nervous about." Heat comforts her.

"Yeah. This is our big moment. We saved the city." Starlight added.

"Yeah, no duh. We're awesome!" Rainbow exclaimed.

"Makes you wonder what else lies in store for us," Lightning Burn brought up.

"Hey, now that you mention it… since we beat Grogar, what are we gonna do now?" Flash asked, confused.

"The way I see it, the skies the limit. Me, I plan on doing a little traveling after I finish high school and visit other countries." Blazing Waters said.

"I've still got plenty of time to think over my future career," Halo chimed in.

"Well, as for me, I plan to still keep on working at my shop and hopefully expand the business to other cities and possibly nationwide!" Rarity proclaimed.

"Good idea, Rarity." Fluttershy said.

'I certainly know what I plan on doing,' Eternal thought to himself, glancing at his sunny sweetheart with a warm smile.

Sunset notices Eternal looking towards her direction, which causes her to return his smile with a warm smile of her own, she even takes his hand and holds it in a loving manner.

Everyone had plans and ideas of what to do in the future, places to go and wanting to live their lives to the fullest. Well, all except one.

Inferno did not speak during the entire time, and he did not share any plans on what he wanted to do for the future. Because he had no idea what he wanted to do. He spent his whole life hunting down and wanting to kill Grogar. And he even learned about the part in Eternal’s prophecy of how he was the prince’s guardian from the demon lord. And now that Grogar is gone… What is left for him? What… is his purpose now?

Just then, he's nudged by his brother-in-arms. "Hey, if I were you, I'd ask for her hand in marriage while you still can," he whispered, gesturing to Starlight.

Inferno turns to him with a wide-eyed, sternful expression as he looks back and forth between Eternal and Starlight before he focus more on Eternal and says: “You asshole.”

Which prompted Eternal to laugh hysterically at the wraith, feeling satisfied for getting some slight payback.

“When is this ceremony gonna start? I feel like getting tired just from boredom.” Rainbow commented.

“Don’t worry, Rainbow. Ah’m sure it’ll start eventually.” AJ responded.

Just then, the mayor's secretary came up to the group. "We're ready for you now. Please follow me to the podium." she said.

“Finally! Guess you’re right, AJ” Rainbow proclaimed.

"Guess this is it. Let's do it," Frostbite said.

With their heads held high, the entire group, along with a few of the soldiers involved in the battle took to the podium, receiving a shower of applause from the citizens and their loved ones for their heroic efforts.

As they stood at attention, they waited for the audience to quiet down before the mayor, Ivory Scroll, gave her speech.

"Citizens of Canterlot City, today is an historic day for us all! We've endured the biggest hardship of our lives. Our city, our proud city… had fallen under attack from many fierce and otherworldly monsters. But, thanks to the strength and efforts of these brave, dedicated heroes, their noble sacrifices had triumphed over the darkness and brought back the city we love! And all I can say is… thank you, brave and valiant heroes." Ivory said. "Now, without further ado, a few words from our commanding general."

She then hands the mic over to the uniformed elder soldier with the stacks of chest candy pinned on him.

"Ahem, thank you, Mayor! Now, personally… I was shocked to find out that some of my troops had fallen. I was livid to think a monster so diabolical would do this to my men and women! They were soldiers who had homes… families… and happiness! And when I heard these fine youngsters had lent them a hand and triumphed over the enemy… Well… All I can say is how grateful I am that they restored our way of life back to its former glory." the general said.

‘Strange that he left out the part of how I was responsible for some of his soldiers’ deaths?’ Inferno thought to himself, as he remembered the events when he went berserk.

Little did he know, the general knew about that little detail, but kept it out of his speech since he did use his powers to bring back the soldiers he did kill.

“Oh, I'm getting so emotional.” Rarity whispered to Fluttershy, while trying not to cry so she wouldn't ruin her mascara.

“There, there, Rarity.” Fluttershy spoke softly to the fashionista.

"Stay strong, my beautiful gem," Lightning Burn whispered.

Moments later the medals were brought out and soon, one by one, each U.S soldier, along with the group were given their rewards. And the three big heroes, Inferno, Sunset and Eternal… received the highest honorable medals the city had to offer. The Presidential Medals of Freedom since they weren't military soldiers.

"The city thanks you all for your efforts and triumph. May your journeys guide you to a bright and better future." Ivory said.

"SOLDIERS!!! VICTORY!!!" General hollered, saluting his men and the group. Everyone saluted back to the general and the crowd cheered immensely for one final time.

Later on that night, after the awards ceremony, most of the people either headed back to their homes or stayed longer to enjoy a nice outdoor city potluck.

During this time, Starlight and Inferno decided to talk in private while enjoying some much needed alone time.

As for everyone else, they went their separate ways to enjoy the night. Each of the Rainbooms went out with their respective lovers to do any activity they had planned.

"It sure has been one hell of an adventure and a half," Sunset said.

"Yeah. In the end, it was all worth it. Still… I'm sad that my master's gone, though I'm sure he wouldn't want me to despair." Eternal replied before sipping a cup of water. "By the way, what are your plans now?"

"Well, to be quite honest… I… don't really know. I mean, usually after my friends and I have defeated evil magic beings or even stray magic users, we usually get on with our daily, normal, boring lives. But… I never really considered what I wanna do beyond that." Sunset confessed.

"Then, maybe I can help with that." Eternal replied.

"How so?"

"Like this." Eternal then took her hand and looked her straight into the eye. "Sunset Shimmer… We went through a lot of adventures, back in Equestria and now in this human dimension. We might have had a few ups and downs throughout all these years, but in the end, I'm glad I got to resolve them with you. And now, having been put through a living hell that once took my own life, I want to cherish the new life I have… and share it with you, forever and ever."

Sunset's eyes widened by what she was hearing. "Eternal… are you trying to tell me what I think you're about to say?"

He nods and then gets down on one knee, still holding her hand. "Sunset Shimmer… I will hold you dear to me. Will you marry me?"

Sunset felt tears running her eyes and her hand covered her already growing smile. Her reaction almost had Eternal worried right before she lunged at him, wrapping her arms around her neck as the two crashed on the ground.

“YES!!!” She shouted happily. Crowds gazed over at Sunset, who was hugging Eternal. They watched as the two stood back up and Sunset pulled her new fiance in for a big kiss. The crowd "aww'd" at their touching moment.

And nearby, Inferno and Starlight watched the two finally seal the deal.

"Looks like those two are set for life," Starlight chuckled. "Right, Inferno?"

“Yeah… They deserve it.” Inferno spoke calmly and with uncertainty in his voice.

"Hmm… What's wrong? Is something bothering you?" Starlight asked, noticing his uncertainty.

Inferno stayed quiet for a moment as he stared at Eternal and Sunset. He was happy for them. And he was happy for the future that they’ll share together. But that is what bothered him. They have a future together. They have a purpose in each other. While he’s still wondering what his purpose is. And with his new powers, he questioned what he was brought back from the dead for.

"Come on, Inferno. What's on your mind? I can tell when something's bothering you. You can be open with me. So why keep it to yourself?" Starlight asked.

Inferno remained silent before he turned around and walked off, not saying a word as he did. Starlight felt more concerned for Inferno, wondering what was going through his mind.


The next day, after the celebration had ended… Sunset, Starlight, Inferno and Eternal had returned to Equestria. This time… it was a time of mourning. Despite Inferno's best efforts to revive the city and the people, his powers could not revive Starswirl the Bearded as the elder unicorn was scheduled to die during the confrontation, according to Death.

Many of the ponies gathered around at a large statue in the form of Starswirl with a plaque underneath it.

The plaque read the following: "In memory of Starswirl the Bearded. A hero to all and a legend who will continue to live on in the hearts of creatures everywhere."

Princess Celestia stood before the statue, addressing the ponies and other creatures from other kingdoms of the tragic event.

"We are all gathered here today to honor the noble sacrifice of a fallen unicorn, who faced the most notorious evil Equestria has ever encountered. It saddens me to know my former teacher could not return home alive. But I believe I speak for every creature that he was a brave stallion for ensuring the safety and survival of not just the neighboring dimension, but also our home here in Equestria." Celestia said.

"We might never meet him ever again, but that does not mean we will never forget his name. And so, it is with great honor and sorrow to say… Thank you Master Starswirl. May you continue to guide us from the great beyond." Luna added.

Afterwards, Eternal Flames took to the stage and began to say his peace. "Master Starswirl was a master among masters. His knowledge and wisdom in the art of sorcery, along with the other Pillars of Equestria helped shape our nation into what it is today. I owe him my gratitude for all of his great teachings. I owe him my very life… when I found myself being murdered right in front of my beloved's very eyes. And he, along with the rest of my family all worked together to bring me back to life. For all of his sacrifices throughout these trying times, I intend to pay him back tenfold by offering the same teachings he taught me… and then some. Master Starswirl, I… no… all of us here in Equestria will never forget your name. May the stars guide you to the promised land of peace and prosperity." Eternal said.

After saying his peace, he rejoined his special somepony, Sunset and gave a sigh of relief. Soon, the funeral concluded afterwards and for the remainder of the week, Eternal stayed in Equestria, along with Sunset, but Starlight decided to stay in Equestria since it was her home.

As for Inferno, who remained silent since returning to Equestria after having been brought back from the dead, kept to himself most of the time. But soon the wraith, along with Eternal, Sunset, and Starlight were summoned to the royal palace for an important meeting.

The four arrived at the palace upon hearing they were called, and there in the throne room, stood Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Princess Cadence and her husband Shining Armor, Princess Twilight Sparkle, Prince Heat Blitz and the rest of the Mane 5, and including Spike. And also standing next to the group was Fleur De Lis, Inferno’s mother.

"Princesses, everyone… is something wrong?" Sunset asked.

"What reason did you want to see us for?" Starlight asked.

"Yes… do tell," Eternal said.

Princess Celestia then stepped forth and turned to the wraith. "I've gathered you all here because… I want you all to hear this. Inferno Blaze, I'm… deeply sorry. It was my fault for judging you too harshly back then. You weren't the one responsible for my husband's death. I should've given you the benefit of the doubt. Not only have I branded you as an outlaw, but I have also caused you and your beloved mother nothing but heartache and grief. Especially when you lost our life out in the battlefield to bring back my son from the clutches of Grogar. I understand if you still feel a lot of resentment towards me." she hangs her head in shame.

'It's about time she confessed,' Eternal thought.

"Even when your mother and Princess Luna kept on insisting that I was wrong, I was too stubborn to listen. Now, I'm planning to make things right. I cannot ask you for forgiveness, but I hope that after this, you'll be able to have a fresh new start." Celestia said. "And… if you have anything to say, feel free to do so anytime."

Eternal then looked to his brother-in-arms, thinking to himself. 'You heard her, Inferno. If you got something to say… let her have it!'

Inferno stared at the royal princesses and the Mane 6 and Shining for a while in silence before he mutters out a few words loudly: “Mph, I guess I was right having Luna as my favorite princess.” He said.

Everyone in the room just stared at him dumbfoundedly and surprised. They were expecting him to lash out or throw some insults. They weren’t expecting him to say something like that.

Although for one of them…. "HUZZAH!!! How do you like THAT, huh sister?! I TOLD you I was right AND it looks like someone else appreciates the moon!" Lulu boasts with her head held high and proud.

"Hehehe, that's my aunt for you," Eternal chuckled.

Soon everyone else followed behind Eternal, chuckling and laughing along. Celestia wasn’t amused, but she knew she deserved it. Once the laughter had died down, soon others began to speak towards the wraith.

“Inferno… What I said to you back when we first let you out of your cell… I was wrong.” Shining spoke with regret in his voice.

“We all were.” Cadence added. “What you did for Equestria, for Eternal, for your friends, and for Sunset’s world, showed that you proved all of us wrong and showed that you have courage and heart to stand against the accusations that all have said to you.” she proclaimed.

"Believe it or not, I was against my mother's judgement from the start. There was just no way I could picture you killing my father that day, especially when you were still just a colt at the time. I just wish I was more courageous and spoke up when I had the chance." Heat Blitz said.

“And if I had known about your past, I would have done everything in my power to prove your innocence and ensure that you would get the justice that you rightfully deserved.” Twilight spoke to the wraith.

Inferno stayed silent and speechless upon hearing all these words spoken to him, though his stoic expression remained unfazed. Though both Sunset and Starlight believed that he was crying on the inside like Applejack.

"So, you finally realized the error of your ways. Good. I was beginning to think you were gonna remain close-minded about the subject. You know how I feel about close-minded ponies and how they refuse to listen to reason. However, despite your retraction, none of what you said can bring back the time and happiness YOU stole from Inferno and his mother! That is the irrefutable truth you will have to live with for the rest of your lives." Eternal scolded, glaring intensely at the guilty party.

Everyone flinched back and felt terrible remorse upon hearing Eternal’s words. And while they were sulking in their guilt, Fleur was staring at her precious son for the whole time Eternal spoke, and while no one noticed it, she could see Inferno’s stoic expression flinch a bit while he spoke.

As the shallow atmosphere of guilt reigned over everyone for a long while until it finally goes away as the four princesses remind themselves of the other purpose for this meeting.

“A-Anyway… For your bravery and courage in the battle against our world’s greatest evil, we the Princesses of Equestria, wish to grant you this.” Luna spoke while using her magic to summon a small chest out of nowhere and levitates it to Inferno as it opens up to reveal what was inside.

A scroll, with the Canterlot Royal crest on it.

Inferno stares at the scroll in the chest before he looks up towards the princesses and everyone in the room.

“A parchment of a full pardon. Signed by all four of the Princesses of Equestria. Hereby, granting you, Inferno Blaze, your freedom and citizenship status back in Equestria.” Celestia proclaimed.

“Today, Inferno… You are now a free pony.” Luna added.

Both Starlight and Fleur were stunned and teary eyed by this news. Inferno was gonna be free! He was now allowed to officially come home.

Eternal turned to his brother-in-arms with a proud smile uttering just a few simple words. "Congratulations… you deserve this."

“You certainly do.” Sunset agreed with her fiance, happy for the wraith.

“I’m so super-duper excited to throw the “INFERNO IS PARDONED” party!” Pinkie cheered loudly while confetti appeared behind her out of nowhere… Ok, seriously, how does she keep doing that?!!

Everyone in the room was smiling and happy about the great news… all except Inferno.

The wraith remained silent for the whole time, staring at the scroll in the chest. He looked around the room, at his friends, his mother, his brother-in-arms, his lover, and the royal family that stood before him. He could see the supportive smiles on each of their faces, showing that they were happy for him.

But as soon as he stared down towards the scroll, many thoughts flooded his mind. Thoughts that he did not have the courage to tell anyone.

Silence and tension filled the air, as all eyes were on the wraith, waiting for him to take the scroll and go on to enjoy his freedom after so long.

But then, what came next, shocked them all. Inferno raises his hoof up to the chest… and shuts it closed.

Everyone stared at Inferno in disbelief and shock as Inferno raises his head to them, bearing a sorrowful expression on his face as he utters the words that rang in their minds.

“I’m sorry… But I'm not coming back.”

Then the wraith turned and walked towards the main doors of the throne room, opened them and walked right through, and then the doors closed behind him, with the sound of the doors echoing throughout the room.

Everypony in the room all stood shocked and disbelieved by what they heard. Even Eternal and Sunset were extremely shocked by what they witnessed.

Fleur and Starlight were the most heartbroken by what Inferno said, with Starlight shaking her head in disbelief as she soon ran out the doors of the throne room and went after the wraith.

Eternal also felt the need to go after Inferno, but a hoof stopped him from doing so, he turns and sees it was Sunset, who looked at him with a saddened and pleading expression. Even when words weren’t exchanged, Eternal knew that Sunset was telling him that Starlight needed to talk to Inferno alone.

Outside of the royal palace, Inferno walked through the city of Canterlot and was drawing near to the main city gate. But once he walked underneath the gate, he could hear Starlight’s voice calling out to him.

“Inferno! Wait!” Starlight desperately called to him, although Inferno didn’t halt his slow march, until Starlight called to him again. “INFERNO! PLEASE! I NEED TO TALK YOU!”

And with that, the wraith halted in place, allowing Starlight to finally catch up to him. She stops and takes a moment to catch her breath as Inferno turns to face her, with his head down.

Starlight then looks up at Inferno, with a distraught and sorrowful expression on her face.

“Why? Why… Are you doing this?” She asked with tears running down her eyes.

“Even with all the words they said in there, they all still didn’t believe in me for all these years, and they did nothing to help me. So why should I believe their words… and myself.” Inferno responded with a stoic expression.

“But what about me?! What about Eternal and Sunset?! We believed in you! We supported you! We stood by your side for all this time!” Starlight spoke loudly.

“I know you did… And I know Eternal did as well… And for that, I’m grateful, Starlight.” Inferno said with a sorrowful smile. “But I can’t stay here any longer… not now.” He said as he raised his hoof to his view, staring at his new dark purple-grayish skin. “Not when I have so many questions of what I am… of what my purpose is supposed to be.”

Starlight stares at Inferno with wide eyes as Inferno reveals what his thoughts and feelings have been since Grogar’s demise.

“My whole life was ruined, not just by Grogar, but by Fate and destiny as well. I was supposed to be Eternal’s guardian and guide against Grogar’s influence and corruption. And all that ever did was bring me suffering and pain. And I dedicated my whole life to kill the demon lord, back when I was a mortal. But now I have become something else, something… unnatural. And now that Grogar is gone… What is there left for me? What am I supposed to do now? Just accept that everything I went through was meant to be!? That all my suffering and pain was all just Fate ensuring that I play the role I was assigned to, a role that I didn’t choose or want! That’s why I can’t accept my freedom. I’ve been away from society for far too long… I can’t go back to my old life… Not when I’m like this.” Inferno explained what he felt.

“But Equestria is your home. Your life! And you’ve been given a chance to have it again! You can’t just throw it away like this!” Starlight argued in response. “Inferno, you’re making a mistake.”

“Maybe… But this is something that I need to figure out on my own. Without Equestria, without princesses, with Eternal… without my mother… and without you.” Inferno said with pain and sorrow in his voice as he turned his back to Starlight, with his heart hurting as he did.

Even Starlight's heart felt like it was crushed. Still, she couldn't help but want to hold him and so she did, weeping for her stallion. "Inferno… I don't wanna see you go… not again! Not after all we've been through! I… I love you!" she sobbed quietly.

Inferno felt his heart shatter to millions of pieces as he saw the mare he loved cried before him. With a heavy heart, the wraith wrapped his hooves and wings around her, holding her in embrace as tears fell down his eyes as well.

“I love you too,” Inferno spoke softly while choking up in tears.

The two stayed like this for a while, until Starlight spoke eight words that she hoped she would never learn to regret.

“At least take me with you this time.”

Inferno stares down at his lover, speechless by her request. He made it clear that he wants to be alone in his search for self-purpose, but his heart still overruled this thought, knowing that the separation between them would bring pain and heartache to both of them.

And so with a heavy sigh, Inferno said, “If that’s what you wish… I shall grant it.”

Holding onto his love with his hooves, Inferno spread out his wings and with a single flap, the two took off into the air and they flew away from Canterlot, and towards a place somewhere where they can be alone together.

Some time later, Twilight and the others received a parchment from Starlight, stating that she has gone off with Inferno and isn't sure when they'll be back. She kept the details of why they left to a minimum, stating Inferno just needs some moral support since he's been reborn.

The others read and understood the reasons. Fleur was a bit sad that her son had left again, but at least he has someone with him to guide him on his newfound path. Everyone else agreed to allow the two to be alone together and carried on with their lives.

That night, Eternal and Sunset spent some time with their families, seeing as Sunset missed her own mother after being away for so long. Eternal still felt a bit of resentment towards his own mother, but he was still keeping an open mind on her redemption.

First, with Sunset, she spent that night having a nice, home-cooked family dinner with her mom, talking about all the adventures she had in the human world.

Yes, she even included the parts where she became a ruthless queen bee at the school and the humility she was taught by Princess Twilight. Along with all the friends she made after that.

"Oh, honey, I'm glad to hear you finally found some friends while you were away. So, what else happened while you were away?" her mom asked

"Well, there were also a few attacks on the school and other places. For instance, after I was redeemed, more or less, we had to go up against this trio of girls known as The Dazzlings. They were actually the sirens in human disguise, from what Twilight told us. They feed off negative emotions through their singing voices. My friends kept getting on each other's cases for the small things, so I had to talk some sense into them before we finally took on the Sirens and beat them at their own game." Sunset explained.

"Interesting. And you did this through singing?" her mom asked

"Yeah. It was tough, but we managed to win and free everyone under their spell." Sunset confirmed with a smile.

"That's wonderful! You always did have a wonderful singing voice." her mom complimented. "So, what happened next?"

"Believe it or not, there are a number of other incidents, like the Friendship Games, the Camp Everfree trip and… even the… uh…" Sunset then paused, recalling a certain event she did not like at all. One that still wounds her deeply.

"What's wrong, dear?" her mother asked out of concern.

Sunset quickly cleared her throat and turned to her mother with a smile. “I-it's nothing. Nothing to worry about.” she said.

"Well, okay. But you know, it's never a good idea to keep things bottled up for long periods of time, dear. I won't pry, but promise me you'll be more open about it in the distant future when you're ready." her mother explained.

"I promise, mom," Sunset nods before telling her mother the rest of her stories.

Meanwhile, back at the castle, Eternal was sitting at the table in the dining room with his mother, aunt and younger brother. The 4 royal ponies were having a family dinner, albeit a quiet and… awkward one, but a family dinner nonetheless.

They were all still getting over the shock by Inferno’s rejection of his freedom. Even with their sincere apologies and full support, the wraith turned it down and went his separate way.

In an attempt to veer away from the subject and to break the ice, Celestia addressed her son. "So, Eternal… did… anything good happen after the battle?" Celestia asked.

"Inferno brought back the city and the people to life. We had a banquet and now Sunset and I are engaged to be married." he listed down a few things before taking another bite out of his baked potato.

His mother, aunt and younger brother almost choked when they heard what he spouted.

"YOU'RE WHAT?!?!?!" Heat asked in shock.

“HUZZAH!!! MY NEPHEW IS GETTING MARRIED!!!” Luna shouted happily, while unintentionally using her Canterlot Royal voice, which would have rendered anyone deaf.

"Eternal! Is… Is this really happening? My son? My eldest son? Getting married?" Celestia asked in shock and awe.

"Mhmm," Eternal replied, chill as a cucumber while he continues to eat.

"That means… I GET TO SPOIL SOME GRANDKIDS!!!" Celestia cheered, then let out a cute squeal of excitement.

"So, when's the wedding?" Heat asked, excited.

"In Equestria… in a few months. In the human world… possibly a year and a half or two." Eternal estimated, which left the others perplexed.

"Uh… did you just say… both here AND the human world? Does that mean you're holding two wedding ceremonies?" Heat asked.

"Yes. It's a necessary step because the human world laws are different from ours. Sunset and I agreed on this before she went with her mother." Eternal explained.

"I see. So then, after you hold both wedding ceremonies, where will you go after that?" Luna asked, curious.

"I'm going with whatever Sunset decides. If she chooses to stay here, I'll support her through and through. If she chooses to go back to the human world after our marriages, I'll become a permanent resident there." Eternal said.

"Oh, okay. Well, if you wind up staying here, you could always become the next ruler of Equestria if you'd like." Celestia said.

"Uh… excuse me?" Eternal asked.

"Is something wrong?" Luna asked.

"Unfortunately, I have done nothing to earn that title, so I have to refuse," Eternal said.

"What do you mean "you didn't earn it?" You took out a demonic ram, albeit with some help from your friends, but you still managed to beat him!" Heat brought up.

"In the human world, not Equestria. Twilight Sparkle has done more than her fair share of saving Equestria from certain doom even before she became a princess. I only managed to stop one villain and he wasn't even IN Equestria. And please don't bring the "you're still a prince," excuse, because it's just a title with no purpose whatsoever," Eternal explained, even as he looked down in shame.

"NO, THAT'S WRONG!" Heat protested. "You weren't just born a prince, Eternal, you had EVERY right to be called one! Remember at the Grand Galloping Gala when Rarity had trouble with our spoiled cousin? You gave him a scolding on what a prince stands for!"

"I remember… I said "A prince's duty is to the will of his subjects. To stand proud and help them stand together, even in the darkest of times." Eternal recollected.

"Yes! And because of that, you gave Rarity a fun time at the gala, treating her to a dance, buying her food, making her feel important…" Heat said.

"Okay, that's one point, but there was no danger," Eternal said.

"Oh really? What about when the columns got toppled over? They could've crushed the guests, but you used your magic to save them!" Heat said.

"Fine, two points. But still… no villains." Eternal said.

"I don't think so…" Heat said.

“Oh will you just stop being so freaking stubborn, my dear nephew! You DID help save Equestria a number of times! You aided Twilight in a 2 on 1 battle with Tirek! Distracted Sombra while she found the Crystal Heart! Double-teamed Starlight during your time traveling duel! Aiding the Pillars of Equestria in rescuing Stygian from the Pony of Shadows! You even helped teach the next generation of creatures a few lessons on friendship. Don't you see? You HAVE earned the right to be a prince!” Luna explained.

"I… I hadn't really thought about it like that. I've always thought I was just… doing a favor for my friends and nothing more. I never thought my actions would impact everyone so much." Eternal said to himself in realization.

"You should be proud of yourself, son. Even the smallest deeds can leave a huge impact on those around you. You've already proven yourself to be a worthy prince and an excellent leader. Even back when you were… well…" Celestia tried to not bring it up.

"Even back when I had the blood of a demon?" Eternal asked. "Don't worry, I'm not offended. In fact it's the total opposite. So, everyone… Thank you."

"You're welcome, son," Celestia nods.

"Of course, dear nephew." Luna added.

"Anything, big bro," Heat replied, then bro-hooved him.


So the months rolled by and the wedding was planned right on schedule. The creatures from all over Equestria gathered around at Canterlot Castle for the big event. The royal wedding of Prince Eternal Flames and Sunset Shimmer.

The Mane 6 were all in one room, helping Sunset with her wedding dress, helping make her look even more pretty for her big day.

"You look so beautiful, Sunset," Fluttershy said.

"Absolutely divine, darling," Rarity said.

“Are you sure? Maybe you can make some late adjustments before the ceremony!” Sunset responded, sounding quite nervous and overdramatic at the moment.

"Come on, don't go pulling a Twilight on us now, you look awesome!" Rainbow said.

"Hey, what's that supposed to mean? "Pull a Twilight?" Twilight asked.

“It's basically a saying used to describe you being overly nervous about something; pretty much a calmer version of the classic Twilighting.” Pinkie explained.

“Seriously! You’re bringing up that verb again?!” Twilight responded in disbelief and betrayal.

"There's no other easier way to call it, Sugarcube," AJ added.

"Heh, trust me, the Twilight in the human world goes through the exact same thing," Sunset chuckled, feeling a little better.

“See Sunset, everyone has nervous breakdowns in any case… Although, this is quite possibly the biggest moment of your life, walking down the aisle to be with your one true love in matrimony and spend the rest of your lives together happily ever after… Ok, maybe there’s a lot to freak out about.” Rarity commented.

"We're supposed to keep her from "Twilighting", not start another "Twilighting." Rainbow said, facepalming herself.

“Oops, sorry, darling.” Rarity apologized.

“It's fine, Rarity. Even if I am still a bit nervous. I’m glad you girls are here to cheer me on and support me.” Sunset proclaimed.

"What are friends for?" Twilight said.

Then the group of friends all came together to share one last group hug of the day before the wedding could begin.

Meanwhile, in another room, with the groom, the young prince stared out the window, trying to keep his nerves together for his big day. Despite his stone face, he can feel the pressure of his first wedding jitters. Thankfully, he's not alone.

"Hey, you gonna be okay, bro?" Heat asked.

"To be honest… I'm not sure." Eternal said.

"What do you mean, "you're not sure?" You assisted in helping defend Equestria, you actually took Twilight's side when no one believed her about Cadence not being herself on her big wedding day, got me out of some tight jams, even took down a rampaging demon ram for mom's sake! How can you not be sure about your big day?" Heat asked.

"You'll learn one of these days… when you're married." Eternal said.

"I'll bet you 100 karats I'll remain cool, calm and collected when I'm about to marry Twilight," Heat challenged.

"Fine, it's a bet. At least now you've steadied my nerves," he chuckles before brohoofing his younger brother.

"Right. Anyways, the ceremony's gonna start soon. So, good luck out there." Heat then headed out to join the others so Eternal could be alone.

Eternal chuckled to himself and reminisced about all the adventures he had with Sunset. Back then, when they were just kids, they used to be the best of friends, thicker than thick. But then when she left… It left a gaping hole in his heart that was hard to fill. After learning where she truly was, he figured that would be his last chance to spend time with her before his time would come to an end.

As ironic as it is to believe, Eternal owed Grogar a big thanks for bringing him and Sunset back together… and now he'll cherish her for a long, long time.

Moments later, the wedding was about to begin and the young groom stepped out to wait at the altar with his best stallion, his own brother. Everyone was seated and waiting for the main event to start. The bridesmaids, the Mane 6 were all in attendance as well.

With everyone present and accounted for, Luna gave Octavia the cue to play the "special" song Sunset requested before the ceremony.

The audience then stood up from their chairs and looked out the doorway. There, dressed in a beautiful wedding dress, holding a bouquet of red and white roses… was Sunset Shimmer. Even with the veil obscuring her face, Eternal and everyone else could see and even feel her smiling with joy.

Her mother then walks her down the aisle towards her husband-to-be. Eternal stood where he was, smiling as his bride was coming closer. His heart raced a thousand miles. At last, the two were now face to face with each other and Sunset's mother then took her seat in the crowd.

Now, it was time for Celestia to do her thing.

"Dearly beloved. We are gathered here today to unite both these ponies in holy matrimony. They have overcome many obstacles in the short time they've known each other, faced many difficult challenges that have changed their lives forever. But now… they've chosen to join together and overcome the most difficult obstacle of all; marriage. It is not to be taken lightly for there will be trying times that will put their faith in each other to the test. But as long as they do not lose heart, I'm sure they can overcome anything." Celestia explained.

"Eternal Flames, do you take Sunset Shimmer to be your lawfully wedded wife, to love, honor and nurture, in sickness and health, good times and bad, for as long as you both shall live?" she asks her son.

"I do," he confirms, looking into Sunset's eyes.

"And Sunset Shimmer, do you take Eternal Flames to be your lawfully wedded husband, to love, to honor and nurture, through sickness and health, good times and bad, for as long as you both shall live?" Celestia asked.

"I do," Sunset replies, never removing her eyes from her stallion.

"Good. Now then, the rings," Celestia called out. Soon, Spike comes in, dressed up all nice and sharp in his black and white tux, holding a pillow with two rings on it. He approaches the two ponies and gives them their rings. They take them and place them upon each other's horn.

"By the power vested in me and all Equestria, I hereby pronounce you… husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride," Tia said.

Eternal lifted up Sunset's veil and gently pulled her in for one big kiss, sealing the deal to their official Equestrian marriage.

Soon loud cheering and applause erupted in the room, everyone clapping or stamping in happiness for the newlyweds. With the Mane 6 and the both Sunset and Eternal’s families being the loudest.

After kissing, Prince Eternal and now Princess Sunset turned towards the crowd, watching all of them cheering and celebrating this wonderful occasion. And as Eternal looked out into the crowd, something caught the glimpse of his eye. As he squints his eyes to get a better look, the young prince is shocked to see none other than Inferno Blaze standing amongst the crowd.

Eternal was both speechless and surprised to see his friend again. As for the wraith, Inferno gave his brother-in-arms a warm smile and then tipped his hat to him, congratulating him on his big day. Then a random pony flew by in front of Inferno, and in that moment, the wraith vanished without a trace.

'Thanks for coming… Inferno,' Eternal thought with a warm smile.

Sunset soon noticed Eternal’s warm smile on his face, and noticed him looking towards somewhere in the crowd; which piqued her curiosity.

“What is it? What did you see?” she asked him.

Eternal turns to his wife, while still holding his smile. “Nothing, dear… Just saw an old friend stopping by.”

"Really… y-you saw… him?" Sunset asks with a hopeful smile. Eternal nods. His wife hugs him once more. It felt nice to know that at least Inferno got to make it after all.

And so ends our tale of the valiant heroes who stood tall and proud against the almighty wrath of the demon king, Grogar. And now with our noble prince having found his beautiful princess, the newly-wedded couple's lives were about to embark on a whole new beginning.

Together.

Comments ( 2 )

Love the ending, excellent work you two as always brony on:yay:

A beautiful ending it actually made me cry

Login or register to comment