• Published 25th Jun 2020
  • 1,189 Views, 42 Comments

Wrath of Grogar - Israel Yabuki

  • ...
6
 42
 1,189

Conflicts of Friendship

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long wait, everybody. Between moving into my grandparents' house and writer's block, I haven't had much time to write, but I'm here now and still kicking strong. Be sure to follow TheShadowKnight for helping me, stay tuned and remember to brony on.

Moonlight shines upon the city in this darkest hour. The night is always a time for evil to come out and wreak havoc. But it's come to a point where even the pettiest of foul people are reduced to hiding in their shadows. With their newest demonic threat roaming their streets, almost everyone is fearing for their lives. But for young Flash Sentry, he's got no choice but to go out in the dead of the night. His best friend's boyfriend was out on a dangerous recon mission and has to ensure he's alright.

"I cannot believe this, after everything we’ve all been through and the many bad situations his recklessness gets him in; he had to do a recon mission with a powerful, bloodthirsty, demon monster running around,” Flash mutters to himself.

He let out a yawn, obviously tired from being woken up. And his body shivering from the cold night air, regretting that he didn't bring his jacket. “Eternal, when I find you. I’m bringing you back to Sunset’s apartment, even if I had to drag your sorry carcass there!” He whispered, grumpily. And although he speaks his actions, he doesn't know if he can deliver on that statement, considering Eternal's physical strength alone. God, he wishes Inferno was still around, cause normally he has the strength to do it. But now, this is a task he needs to do, alone.

"I just had to be a musician, why couldn't I have been a football player or a basketball player?" he asked himself. "Maybe then, I would've stood a chance against him." Then, just when he thought he'd go on for hours, he hears the sounds of footsteps around the corner. Flash stood where he was and listened closely. He quietly tiptoed towards the sound of the footsteps.

When he peeked to see who it was walking, a stroke of luck hit him when he saw Eternal Flames in the middle of the street. He seemed lost in a trance, his head pointed up and his eyes were closed. Flash decides to make himself known and runs over to Eternal. Slightly bad move on his part as Eternal jumped in the air and landed in front of Flash by a few inches and threw a punch, only to stop it by one centimeter away from Flash's face, startling him.

"Flash? What the hell are you doing out here at this time of night?" Eternal asked.

“I could say the same for you and also, what the hell! You almost attacked me!?” Flash replied before getting to the point. “Anyway, Sunset called me after you left her apartment and she asked me to come to find you.”

"Sorry about that sudden surprise attack. It's a reflex of mine. Also, I'm not surprised Sunset was worried about me. I just… wanted to help subdue this monster some way," Eternal said.

"That's not gonna stop Sunset from worrying about you. Do you realize how reckless your actions are and how worried she is about you? I don't need to remind you about the war that took place some time ago, but it wouldn't hurt to leave this to the girls," Flash said. "Not to sound rude, but they've had a lot more experience with fighting magical forces before."

"Except this isn't a magical force, this is a human turned demon. One that is powerful enough to even make Grogar fear him. If I can at least slow him down, I could get some clues on what this monster wants," Eternal argues back.

"By getting yourself killed? Dude, did you even hear what Daris said? Gods are mortals, too, so even if you are half-demon, you'll still wind up dead. Just leave this be and the girls will--" Flash tried to argue back, but then, all of a sudden, the two boys noticed an orange light glowing in one of the alleys. Soon the light began to become brighter and brighter, as they later heard the sounds of thundering heavy footsteps draw closer to the streets.

"Stay here and keep out of sight. And whatever you do, if you're spotted, run!" Eternal urged.

“Wait what?! I came here to retrieve you, not…” Right as Flash turned his back for a second then faced his friend, Eternal was no longer in front of him and out of sight. “And you’re gone.” Flash can only assume he went down the alleyway. But then, there was a loud rumble along with what sounded like bricks being smashed and Eternal grunting. "Crap! Eternal!"

Flash didn't hesitate to check up on him. When he turned the corner to the alleyway, he's met with the most terrifying sight to behold. It looked like a titan-sized demonized version of Eternal Flames, had burning flames for hair, his pupils slit, and golden yellow. It looked like the monster came through a wall judging by the big hole he made.

“Why do demons enjoy visiting Canterlot City?” Flash muttered to himself. “Why can’t they just stop by the White House?” He added.

This titan demon let out a roar and swatted Flash against the wall hard. Flash was hit hard and instantly knocked out before the monster fled from the area. Flash's unconscious body slumped onto the ground. 3 sharp claw marks ran down his cheek, all were drawing small droplets of blood, but the wound wasn't deep.


Flash didn't know how long he was out, but when he woke up, he heard the sound of a beeping monitor and saw these beam lights shining from the ceiling. He groaned and sat up slowly. "Ugh… what happened?"

He scanned his surroundings and found that he was in a hospital room. "Oh no… then this must mean that…" Flash, tried not to freak out. Luckily, a nurse stopped by his hospital room. She had white skin with blue eyes and pink hair in a bun.

"Oh, you're awake. That's good to know," she said.

"How… Did I get here? I remember seeing this freaky titanic beast in an alleyway and then… just… nothing," Flash said.

"Your mother called us, saying she found you unconscious. You were unconscious for 7 hours." the nurse said.

"7 hours? Jeez, I must've taken a serious punch to the face," Flash groaned, putting his hand over his face. The visions of that monster he saw were horrifying. 'Hold on… Eternal went down the same alley that the monster was in. Could it be… no, that's not right. If it was him…' he thought to himself. 'I've got to let the girls know about this as soon as I get out of here.'

Speaking of which, 2 hours after Flash woke up, Sunset got a text on her phone. She checked it and saw the text was from Flash. When she checked it out, she was horrified at the state he was in.

"Oh no, what have I done?" Sunset asked, wracked with guilt. She was so horrified, she didn't read the text all the way. All she read was "Eternal ran in an alleyway. I chased after him and got socked in the head by this beast." It tore her apart to know she put her friend in jeopardy. But for her boyfriend to attack Flash like that, Sunset had to find out what was going on. This whole pandemic is getting to her and it's only about to get worse.

Sunset had to find out for herself why Eternal attacked him. She grabs her cell phone and texts the girls in a group chat. "Flash is being hospitalized. I need you all to meet me at my apartment as soon as you can," she texted. She leaped out of bed and got to work getting herself ready. She also went downstairs to take care of her hygiene routine. And once she was done in the shower, she then immediately got dressed after.

Then she sat on the couch, patiently waiting for her friends to arrive. After waiting an hour or two, Sunset hears knocks on her door, thinking in her head that it’s her friends. She gets up from the couch and paces to the door, opening it wide to reveal her friends behind it. Without speaking, she gestures them to enter the apartment and closes the door behind them.

"We came as soon as we received your text message. What's happened to Flash?" Rarity asked, taking a seat on the couch with the rest of the girls.

"Is he going to live?" Fluttershy asked, worried.

"He's fine, but… it's my fault he's in the mess I told you about," Sunset said.

"Your fault? What are you talking about?" Twilight asked.

“Eternal snuck out a while ago, and as soon as I found out, I called Flash and asked him to search for Eternal. And now I regret pulling Flash into this situation.” Sunset explained.

"Ya dragged Flash into this mess? Why didn't ya call us? Mainly Rainbow Dash? As much as Ah hate to say it, she could've tracked yer boyfriend the fastest out of all of us!" Applejack stated.

“That’s true, but Flash is only another person I can think of that Eternal trusts. And I hoped that Flash could reason with him better than I did.” Sunset replied.

"I… guess it would make sense since he's come to terms with your relationship with Eternal. But why did he end up in the hospital?" Fluttershy asked.

"You all know of the monster that's causing havoc around the streets, right?" Sunset asked. "Well, I think… Eternal might've been the monster that attacked Flash."

"What? But that's absurd. Why would he attack Flash?" Rarity asked.

"I dunno, but… yesterday, after we visited Heat, I came home and saw Eternal lying on the ground… and he was all sweaty. His body was twitching violently and… I think his pupils looked like they were slit… like they were when he was turned into a demon. And there's a chance that… his powers might've caused him to revert to his evil ways," Sunset said.

"Are you serious? You mean while we were trying to come up with a plan to uncover the truth on that island, Eternal went on a KILLING SPREE?!" Rainbow asked, both shocked and crossed. "I can't believe that son of a bitch double-crossed us!"

"B-But maybe we should… y-y-you know… ask him first," Fluttershy said.

"Fluttershy's right. We've got to find Eternal and ask him what's going on," Twilight suggests.

"Ah’ agree. Its best ta hear it from his side, so we won’t jump ta conclusions like last time.” Applejack said, siding with Twilight and Fluttershy on this case.

“Yeah, it’s just like the old saying; he’s guilty till proven innocent. That quote is made for a very good reason.” Pinkie commented while looking towards the audience and whispering. “We don’t want another A.A.M situation to happen again.”

"A.A.M?" Twilight asked, clueless on what she meant by it.

“Its something you shouldn’t know, Twilight.” Pinkie replied. “And its something the fans don’t wanna remember.” She added while winking towards the audience who are reading this.

“What fans? Nevermind, I’m not questioning you right now.” Twilight responded.

"Right, but first, we gotta find that boy, and then we can find out the answers. But just to be on the safe side, I say we should leave Heat out of this," Pinkie said. "Something tells me he's not going to handle the painful truth… if this even is the truth."

“Ah agree, we don’t wanna break the feller’s heart. Especially, if his brother’s counterpart is a terrifyin’ monster.” Applejack stated.

"Agreed. Let's go," Sunset said. The girls then followed Sunset out of her apartment, wandering the streets of the city as the morning sun rose on another dark day. But as they kept going, they noticed a couple of S.W.A.T vehicles zooming past them, sirens blazing. There were also signs posted on lamposts with issued warnings.

"Warning, due to a potentially dangerous creature lurking the streets, all civilians are to either stay indoors or evacuate out of the city until further notice. If you have a friend or relative missing out in the streets, exercise extreme caution. By order of the mayor Ivory Scroll," Twilight said, reading it. "Uh-oh, looks like this is more serious than we thought."

"Looks like we need to be on our guard," Rarity said.

Everyone nodded in agreement and kept going further into town, searching the streets for their suspected friend. A couple of blocks into their search, the girls then come across a broken wall in an alley where a pile of bricks laid. They checked the area to see what happened here.

"You don't think Flash got his ass handed to him here, do you?" Rainbow asked.

"It's a distinct possibility. Here, let me see if I can clear this pile of rubble up," Twilight said. She grabbed her geode and used its power to lift most of the bricks out of the way. During her search, she shrieks slightly when a fist pops out of the bricks. She stumbles backward, but Sunset catches her.

Out of the rubble, the girls see Eternal Flames, topless and groaning. "Ouch… okay, that was a bad idea," he said.

"You!" Rainbow shouted.

"Hmm?" Eternal asked, turning to Rainbow, who then leaps at him, tackling him. He grunts and yells out in pain from the impact of hitting the ground. "What was that for?"

"Don't you act all innocent with me! What did you do to Flash?" Rainbow asked, demanding an answer before smacking him in the face.

"Ow! Would you get off me and let me explain--" Eternal tried to say, but is smacked again. "Ah! Rainbow, knock it off, will you?!" he snapped. Rainbow went in for another hard smack, but he catches it and pins her down. "I said KNOCK IT OFF!!!" he shouted, his eyes slitting for a split second, but no one saw it because of his long hair obscuring his face a bit.

"Rainbow, let him speak! Ah told ya not to jump to conclusions!" AJ scolded. "Eternal, what's goin' on here? Why'd ya leave in the middle o' the night when Sunset told ya not to?"

"Because I wanted to help out in this whole demon beast thing. I have the fighting experience, so I'm a part of this team as much as you girls are," Eternal said, getting of Rainbow. "But then, when Flash came and… wait, where's Flash at?"

"He's in the hospital. He was attacked," Twilight said.

"Attacked? Is he gonna be alright?" Eternal asked, worried.

"He will, but he took a nasty blow to the head. I never should've sent him out like that. I thought that he'd talk you out of it since you two are like best friends," Sunset said.

"Flash is a good friend and sending him out here was indeed dangerous. But if it helps, I'll stay off the streets from now on," Eternal said.

"Not so fast now. First, tell us this… did you or did you not attack Flash?" AJ asked.

"What? No!" but then Eternal thinks back to last night… "At least… I don't think I did. I… I remember going into an alley and… I saw what looked like these… scorching flames and then I… I guess I blacked out."

"You… blacked out? Does that mean you snapped or got knocked out?" Sunset asked.

“I don’t know… Maybe I was knocked out? But I don’t feel bruised or any pain.” Eternal replied.

"Not even after waking up underneath all those bricks? Anyone would be aching all over from something like that," Twilight said.

"Ooh, maybe because he has demonic blood, it's near impossible for him to feel any pain," Pinkie guessed. "And the only thing that CAN hurt him is other demons!"

"That… does sound more logical, but I'm not sure if it has the same effect if the demon is a human being," Twilight said.

"Well, either way, the main issue is you left when I told you not to, but… to be fair… it was also my fault for putting Flash in danger. Eternal, I'm also sorry I didn't trust you enough to go out on your own. But promise me you won't do something so crazy like that again," Sunset said.

"Alright, I promise," he nods.

"Pinkie Promise?" she double-checks.

"Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye," he makes double sure. Sunset goes and hugs her boyfriend and he hugs back.

"I'm just glad you're safe," Sunset said. However, Eternal wasn't feeling so joyful at all. His own friend was sent to the hospital. Eternal felt responsible for the whole mess. If he never went out on his recon mission in the first place, then Flash would be waking up in his own bedroom and not in a hospital bed.

What's done is done now and soon, the girls took their friend back to her apartment.

Meanwhile, a member of the Dark Trinity watched from around the corner, watching the girls' every move. He stayed out of sight of anyone wandering by, wearing a hoodie and a mask to conceal his face. He followed them for a while, wanting to know where they were headed. He stalks them for several minutes until the girls and Eternal arrived at Sunset’s apartment and entered, disappearing from the Dark Trinity member’s sight.

"It looks like I've hit the motherload," said the hooded figure. "The leader will be pleased to hear what I've discovered." And so, they fled the scene, avoiding being spotted. "I still fail to see what the whole purpose of finding out the girl's address serves. Whatever… if it means gaining limitless power, then who am I to question it?"

While the hooded figure left the area to report to the leader, the leader himself was searching around the city, looking for any sort of abandoned building. It'd be too risky to hold meetings in an establishment that's occupied with multiple people. Thankfully, due to the city mostly being evacuated, some of the buildings, mostly apartment complexes, were emptied. However, it was best to be on the safe side and the leader finally found an abandoned building just a little north in the city. Which so happens to be a restricted area; perfect for no one to come near the place.

It was an abandoned warehouse and not a single security guard or police patrolman was in sight, just the break he was looking for. "Perfect. Now to mark it," the leader said. He reaches into his cloak and pulls out a purple gem. He places the gem in any area where the sun shined through the windows. The gem gave off a strong magical energy wave that was invisible to the naked eye but was acted as a beacon to any negative magical entities within a 100-mile radius.

After activating the beacon, the leader walked around the warehouse, thinking to himself. "Princess Celestia, your family has been a thorn in my side for years since the day you brought your oldest son into this world. Oh well… I suppose I shouldn't complain now that the so-called Shadow Knight is gone. I never expected such a young colt to become the scapegoat for the crimes that day. And it surprises me that he was willing to protect that bastard son of yours, which had costed his life. You really should've chosen me instead, Celestia. But you've brought this upon yourself and now you'll pay the price!"

"Just think, all the power those crystals could grant me! And the many worlds I could conquer. Why stop at Equestria? Or this world, when I can have many worlds under my rule. I could even make all of Tartarus bow down before me! To live and be worshipped as a god. Yes… with those crystals, I will use them… I will become a god!"

Soon, the leader senses the dark magic of the other two Dark Trinity members coming towards him, which he silenced himself. Soon, he hears the door open with a loud, audible, creaking, and rusted noise. "I trust you were successful in your search?" he asked.

“They didn’t expect that they were being followed, and they led us to the place where the prince and Sunset Shimmer dwell.” The female member stated.

"Excellent. And what of the crystals? Have you tracked down where they are?" the leader asked the other member.

"Yes, I've pinpointed the area where one of them is located. The only problem is that it's heavily guarded by this world’s law enforcement. It's in the west part of the city under lock and key in one of their armored vehicles. There are also some heavily armored soldiers in green helping them," the male member explained.

“That won’t be much of a problem. The weapons and tools of the inhabitants of this world do not match with our might, especially our magic.”

"It's pitiful, to think that an entire city doesn't run on magic, save for the group of girls and the prince as the exceptions. But how can we use magic if we don't have our horns? We're not exactly well-prepared to fight unless you've got some alternative method," the female member pointed out.

“We may not have the means or the numbers to pull off an ambush; however, we do have the means for a distraction.” The leader stated while turning on the only T.V. in the room which showed the latest news of the monster’s rampage in the city. “This hostile creature thirsts for destruction and murder, so we might as well give it a treat.”

"Ah, use the demon to take care of the enforcements here," the male member said.

"Precisely. Now… first things first, we have to find the beast. Who can detect the presence of negative energy the best?" the leader asked.

"That would be his area of expertise. I can only detect the smell of love," the female member said before taking off her hood. From her beautiful black skin, bright green lipstick and teal bluish-green eyes and matching teal blue long hair, she was more commonly known as the former Queen Chrysalis.

"You give me too much credit, but that's true… I can smell negative energy from a mile away," the male member said as he took off his hood. He had grey skin, black hair, and red eyes. All of Equestria knew him as former King Sombra, the Crystal Empire tyrant.

“Very well then.” the leader replied. “Sombra, you shall locate and bait the monster towards where we what him to go. And you Chrysalis will blend in within the area where the transport is. And when the guards are busy with handling a demon, you shall retrieve the crystal.” He stated.

"Fair enough. Sombra, you know where the crystal is at, I'll need the directions so I can meet you there," Chrysalis said.

"Very well. Luckily for me, I've brought a few dark crystals with me I can use as navigators. Just take one of these and it'll give off a strong vibration the closer you get towards your destination," Sombra said, giving her one of his dark crystals. "I'm heading out to look for the monster. You just make sure you make good on your promise of granting us infinite power!"

“I am a man of my word, Sombra. You should never doubt that; I was the one who pulled you from the dead, and I can send you back. So you must have faith in me.” the leader replied.

"Hmph, fine. But it's on you since you cut your lifespan in half," Sombra said.

"A small price to pay for what we'll all get in return," the leader said before taking off his hood. He had extremely long, red hair the reached down his back, had yellow skin just like Sunset Shimmer and the same turquoise eyes. "Soon, we will all reach our main goal and ascend past these mere mortals!"

"As long as it's something for all of us to gain, I'll gladly help… Light Ray," Chrysalis said.


*SLAP*

"Ow! Okay, I deserve that," Eternal said, rubbing his cheek.

"You're damn right, you deserve it! That's for sneaking out! I had to take out my frustrations somehow, mister!" Sunset scolded, glaring at her boyfriend. She gave him one more hug but wound up leaning in too much and both of them ended up falling on the couch. "Eternal… what is this entire world coming to? Things have gone downhill so quickly."

"What are you talking about? This world has always spiraled out of control since the dawn of man itself. We're not much, but we try to make a difference in the world. It's all any of us can do to bring a small glimmer of hope in this world," Eternal said, hugging his girlfriend.

“I know that, but that was when we had all of our friends. And that’s when we had that spirit that drives us to help the world heal from its deep scars. But now that spirit is gone… ever since we lost a good friend that witnessed how the world could cruel. Who was a part of our family.” Sunset stated with a saddened expression on her face.

“And one that I considered a brother,” Eternal replied, with a sadden expression of his own. “I admit… Things have been a lot grayer ever since Inferno died. Its like with him gone, the world is now… becoming more darker and lost of hope. But that's precisely why we've gotta be strong and come together to stop this chaos. I won't make the same mistake twice.”

“And neither would I,” Sunset replied. “Not to mention, we’re given the possibility for a way to bring Inferno back. But as of now, we have a new demonic creature wreaking havoc on the city and destroying anything and anyone in its path.” She added. “I mean, when are we gonna get a decent break?”

“Possibly… Never,” Eternal jokes, slightly, just to cheer his girlfriend up.

"You dork," Sunset chuckles, lightly jabbing his cheek. "I needed that, though. Thanks."

"I try. So, now that we've broken the ice a bit, why don't we calm down a bit with some nice breakfast, it's still morning and we have just enough time to make something," Eternal said.

"I don't mind breakfast, but… I'm still a little bummed out to make anything," she said.

"That's fine. I'll cook up something if that's what you like," Eternal said.

“I’d appreciate it if you do, I remember back when we were foals, you were a good cook,” Sunset replied.

"I learned it from my mother. And because I've been staying here in this new world for almost a month, I picked up on how to make some of the dishes here. Is there anything you want in particular, Sunset?" Eternal asked.

“Mmmm… I don’t know. But I’m hungry for some pancakes, your mother used to make me some back before I became a rotten bitch.” She replied.

"Sure thing. I can cook some of those," Eternal said as he got up from the couch. He gave Sunset a little peck on the cheek and a boop on her nose before getting to work. She let out a cute squee noise, blushing. But it faded away when she giggled.

"You dork," she said.

"What? Am I not allowed to show you affections for being so cute and kissable?" he asked. Sunset giggles at how much of a doofus her boyfriend is, but didn't mind it one bit. She felt more at ease with Eternal showing his more tender, caring side. It immediately erases all her doubts about him from last night, no longer thinking that he was capable of putting Flash in the hospital.

After being tender and loving to his girlfriend, Eternal then gets to work on making breakfast for the two. Sunset turns on the TV and puts on one of her movies to keep her mind off the pandemics going on out in Canterlot City. And so that Eternal won't bolt out of the window to go and investigate.

The scent of pancakes later hits her nose and she sniffs it with her eyes close. She gets all giddy and fidgety from how pleasant the scent is. She soon finds her focus turned away from the TV and straight over to a plate of fresh hot pancakes, stacked neatly on top of each other. On the top, she sees two banana slices for eyes, a whipped cream nose, and some blueberries for the smile.

"There you go, hope you enjoy it," Eternal said.

"Mmm, looks good. Thanks, babe," Sunset replied. She grabbed her fork and knife and cut up her pancakes in slices and then put syrup on her pancakes before taking a bite. Right from the moment the pancakes touch her tongue, she's hit with a burst of delicious flavors. Eternal chuckles at her reaction, but still asked either way.

"Good, huh?" he asked. He's answered, however, with Sunset scarfing down the pancakes. "Whoa, take it easy, you don't wanna eat too fast, those are…" he stops when he almost used the 'empty calories' bit. But Sunset still heeded his warning and slowed down.

"Sorry, it's just been so long since I had "Tia cakes." They’re so delicious and fluffy!” Sunset squealed giddily with delight.

"My mother taught me how to make it perfectly fluffy. It took me about 5 tries when I was 6, but it all worked out in the end," Eternal said. "Oh, and you might want to wash it down with some of this… Shimmy," Eternal then pours her a fresh cup of OJ and gives it to her. She chuckles at his chivalrous act but was flattered.

"Why, thank you, hotshot," she replied before taking a sip of her orange juice. “Ahhh, now that’s some good OJ.” She said.

"Mhmm," Eternal replied. He then sits down next to Sunset with a tray of his pancakes and gets to munching down on them. "You know, when I finally learned how to make these hotcakes, Heat Blitz couldn't get enough of these. He wanted like 10 whole stacks every day for breakfast. Mother didn't want him to get winded, so we limited it to Sundays and Fridays.”

"You're kidding. Your little brother was addicted to your pancakes just as much as he was addicted to your mom's?" Sunset asked, chuckling. He nods. "That's sweet. Anyways, Eternal… when this whole pandemic is over and we've brought back Inferno, what'll you do afterward?"

"We'll look for my father's killer, the one who framed him and bring him to justice. And once that's done… well… dunno. I guess I'll just stay here… in this world… with you," he replied, putting his hand on hers.

Sunset was a bit surprised by his statement. “You’re willing to stay in this world… with me? But what about your family and your home back in Equestria. Aren’t you gonna miss your homeland at all?” She asked.

“Hey, to be honest, I’m not sure Equestria is quite a place for me. Besides, I enjoy this world and everything it provides; plus the best part of it is that you’re in it. It's true, I'll miss my family, but a bird has to leave the nest eventually. My time was… during my pandemic. Also, Twilight's gonna have the throne passed down to her by mother. She's done more for Equestria than I've ever done and Heat's got her back.” Eternal replied.

"Eternal, you helped finish off Grogar, doesn't that count for something?" Sunset asked.

"No, because if you recall, I let my anger get the better of me and joined Grogar's demon army because I thought the whole world was out to get me for taking a breath of air. I'm not a hero. I'm just… dead weight. A liability," he admits.

"Don't say that! You're a great fighter! There will be a time when your power is needed most, you just gotta have faith and a little patience," Sunset reassured.

"I… I suppose you're right. Still, I just wish I was a bigger help than a threat," Eternal said. Sunset had to cheer him up somehow, but all she could do was lean in and kiss him on the cheek, which helped a little. "Thanks, Sunset." She smiled a little. Now that he was a bit better, the two went and finished their breakfast. Eternal took the empty dishes and put them in the sink and started washing them.

Sunset got up from her seat and stretched her arms outs. "Best hotcakes ever. Keep this up and maybe one day, I might end up making you my husband," she said casually. Eternal blinked in surprise, blushing at her statement.

"You're certainly not shy for making such a bold statement like that," Eternal said, his surprised expression saying it all. Sunset giggled from his expression. Sunset had never seen her boyfriend look so cute before, especially when he blushes from something like that. Now she knows for certain he can't be a rampaging demon.

"Does it bother you that I want to marry you someday?" Sunset teased.

"N-No, not at all, but… let's wait until after we've stopped this whole pandemic," Eternal said, trying to keep it cool. As soon as he finished the dishes, he joined Sunset on the couch and began watching some TV. Sunset snuggled into Eternal's chest watching the telly, but Eternal's mind was focused on other things. This other demon he saw last night, he wasn't sure if it was real or just a lucid nightmare he had. Either way, it definitely felt real to him.

One way or another, he was gonna take this demon down and he won't stop until otherwise. And after that's done, then he'll look for the crystals that can help resurrect his fallen brother.


Meanwhile, as the couple was enjoying their morning; on the outskirts of Canterlot City, a US Army base is stationed and waiting for important transport delivery. The soldiers were heavily armed and were stationed in every place in front of the base.

"What's so special about this… whatever it is?" Soldier #1 asked.

"Beats me, but the orders were to ensure that the transport is to be secured and safely delivered to this compound. Then let our scientists determine what it is and what it can do. Whatever it is, it's a big deal.” Soldier #2 replied.

"Is that why we have all personal gathered up and waiting for the transport to get here?” Soldier #1 asked again.

"Orders from our commanding generals, it's not our jobs to question it. Look at it this way, it's possible this wasn't even made by man. If we secure it and find out what this thing can do, we could even use it to stop all these pointless wars," Soldier #2 said.

“Haven’t we keep hearing that statement, over and over again, and still we don’t have peace?” Soldier #1 replied, sounding like he wasn’t impressed.

“Wow, you’re really hard to impress, you know that.” Soldier #2 responded with sarcasm.

"I've heard the whole "let's stop these painless wars" bit a million times over. We say we're gonna change it, but all that awaits us is more chaos than we can handle. Let's face it, this world isn't gonna change," Soldier #1 said.

“Oh yeah, I bet ya a 100 bucks that says you’re wrong and that this transport will make a change to the world.” Soldier #2 proposed.

"You drive a hard bargain. You're on. But even if I win… how about a drink afterward?" Soldier #1 offered.

“Sure, I’m starved.” Soldier #2 replied. Moments later, one of their trucks arrived at camp and parked in the intersection. The soldiers in the back came out with a metal briefcase that was giving off low vibrations.

"Package secure, sir!" Soldier #3 saluted.

His commanding officer nods. "Good work, soldier. Bring it inside," he ordered. The soldier obeyed and headed inside the base tent where one of the scientists was waiting.

The soldier handed him the package and headed out to let him do his business. The scientist opened up the briefcase and inside was a glowing purple crystal. But it was contained inside a capsule and appeared to be floating in mid-air. The scientist was completely baffled to have stumbled across such an item. He can tell it was no ordinary crystal, possibly one with unfathomable power.

“It’s so beautiful,” the scientist said with amazement. Then he brings up an electromagnetic EMF scanner up to the crystal and the readings of the electromagnetic current from the crystal were off the charts. Then he switches to a radiation detector and to his bewilderment, there were no scans of radiation in the crystal. “Amazing! This tiny crystal shard possesses incredible levels of electromagnet energy current far beyond I’ve seen before. And it doesn’t contain any readings of radiation.” the scientist added. "And if my hunch is correct, this could benefit us in so many ways! I definitely need to run more tests! Perhaps I can harness the power within!"

But his ambitions were put on hold when a loud rumble could be heard outside the camp. The soldiers outside the tent were scurrying about, grabbing their weapons. The scientist peeked out the tent and saw the soldiers getting to each post, their guns loaded, and aiming at whatever was coming towards them.

"Stand your ground soldiers!" the commanding officer exclaimed. The rumbling got louder and they could all hear what sounded like large footsteps. Whatever was coming at them, was incredibly big. In the far distance, the soldiers can make out what looks like a fiery humanoid creature the towers any full-grown human being. It was topless, its body had a faded yellow color, had a built-up figure with ripped bottom clothing, but still covered its upper legs. Its feet were replaced with hooves, golden yellow demon eyes, and fire where its hair should be.

From the moment it turned in their direction, the soldiers readied to fire. Right away, the monster let out a big, thunderous roar. The beast bared its fangs and charged at the army at full force.

"FIRE!!!" the officer shouted. Guns were blazing, bullets were flying, it was an all-out war against a one-demon army. But none of their bullets pierced the beast's body. They simply bounced right off like it was nothing. The beast got on all fours, charging even faster. The soldiers kept firing, but to no avail. It's as if their shots were only angering the beast even further. No sooner than that, the beast had broken through the barrier. "ALL FORCES, TAKE HIM DOWN!" the officer commanded loudly.

The fiery beast wrecked their base, even went and back-handed a couple of soldiers against the buildings, knocking them out. Some weren't so lucky, being pinned by the creature and got their heads bitten off… literally. But the beast didn't eat them, it just spat them out, then slammed its fists onto their decapitated bodies, crushing whatever was left.

As the demon and the soldiers kept fighting, Sombra watched from atop a building and used his powers to seal the perimeter using his dark crystals. "You know what to do, Chrysalis," he said quietly.

As planned, while all the soldiers were busy playing with the demon, the former Queen of the Changelings proceeded with the plan and sneaks around the battle area and towards the tent where the crystal is. After avoiding the explosions, gunfire, and debris, Chrysalis had made it to the tent and walks up to the table was the suitcase with the crystal is. She looks over the magical artifact with an evil grin upon her face.

"Ah, there you are. Mmm, you're so tempting," Chrysalis said, grabbing the crystal. "Just think of all the power that'll be given to me once the other demon crystals and moonstone gem are collected and assembled." Soon her smile grew wider as her thoughts of infinite power to her will was very much on her mind. But right now, she knew that there was no time for sightseeing and closes up the suitcase with the crystal inside and then carried the case out of the tent and made her escape.

As she was making her way out of the camp, she was eventually spotted by a few of the soldiers, who immediately recognized the case she was carrying and alerted to their commanding officer.

“Sir, there is a mid-aged woman leaving from the main tent. And, well you’re not gonna like this, she has the case containing the crystal.” The soldier spoke into his radio. Unaware to him that Chrysalis heard those words he made; and she wasn’t quite happy about it.

"You… impudent fool! You wanna SAY THAT AGAIN?!?!?!" Chrysalis shouted before charging at the soldier. Unbeknownst to her, the crystal's negative energy flowed into her, increasing her strength and speed. She approached the soldier and sent him flying with a high kick. Sadly for him, it gets worse. The soldier ended up crashing right onto the demon's head before hitting the ground, making it angrier. And before he could stand up, the demon lifts its leg up and stomps unto the soldier’s head, crushing it.

After having to vent out her anger on the soldier in question, Chrysalis then continues her way out of the camp and then made her way towards the highway and continued to run until she was about a mile or two away from the military camp. Once she had gotten far, she stopped in the middle of the road to catch her breath, which then turned to laughter as she looks at the case.

"Those fools! They never even stood a chance. Now, the power is within my grasp once more! Oh, how I've missed that feeling for so long!" she exclaimed. "Now, all that's left is--" but before she could celebrate any further, she heard a type of screeching noise she never heard before. Taking her mind off the crystal, she sees this strange transportation vehicle coming towards her and trying to stop. Before she knew it, everything went black when feeling the solid impact.

While she was knocked onto the ground, the driver got out of her car and ran over towards the knocked out woman. She checked her pulse just in case the impact wasn't fatal. To her relief, the woman survived but was unconscious. "What a mess this turned out to be," she said, not pleased with her situation. She checks the rest of the woman's body for any bruises or scratches she might've gotten.

Obviously, she did but none of them were life-threatening, just superficial. "No way I'm leaving you out here. Well, I'd better get you somewhere safe," she said. The woman took Chrysalis’s unconscious body and put her in the back seat, along with the suitcase she had; which had the crystal inside. Afterward, she got into the car, and then she drove off from the area and straight back to the city.

While the woman’s car was driving away, Sombra left the decimated military camp and rendezvous to the spot where he and Chrysalis would meet up. And to his surprise, Chrysalis wasn’t there, along with the crystal.

"What?! How could she not be here! Where is she?!" Sombra asked, frustrated. He also heard some honking and screeching and looking behind him. More transportation vehicles were coming towards him. But unlike the last two times, he was killed, he stopped these vehicles by setting up a crystal wall, which made vehicles crash into it instead of him. "Pah! I knew I shouldn't have trusted that smug bug! Fine! I'll do this myself!"

Sombra leaped off the highway and onto the lower ground unscathed before heading out. He also made sure to contact Light Ray via telepathy. "Light Ray, the mission has failed. Chrysalis is gone… and so is the crystal she was carrying."

"What?! You are an imbecile! How hard can it be to take one lousy crystal from a bunch of babbling, bumbling band of baboons! Find the crystal this instant and do NOT come back until you do!" Light Ray shouted via telepathy.

After having been snapped at, Sombra grunts in frustration and heads in the direction of where the crystal is heading. "Cursed fool, he should be grateful that I'm even doing this for him," he mutters to himself.


Meanwhile, in the quiet suburbs of Canterlot, Twilight was in her bedroom, sending texts to Heat while reading a few of her books. She was in a very chipper mood so far, despite what's been going on so far. Then suddenly, her phone vibrated, showing 5 of her friends, except for Sunset. She got curious and answered the call and put it on facetime. "Hey, girls, what's going on?" Twilight asked.

Soon all 5 of the girl’s facetime chat screens appeared on her screen. "Hey, Twi. Glad to see you could make it," Rainbow said.

"No problem, but… what's all this about? Why isn't Sunset in the chat?" Twilight asked.

"We… can't let her hear any of what we're 'bout to say," Applejack said, uneasily. "Twilight, what goes on in this call stays between us all."

"Uh… okay?" Twilight said, confused.

"Twilight, this is going to sound a little harsh, but… we think Eternal Flames are behind all those attacks recently. We have reason to believe that Eternal Flames is the titan demon wreaking havoc around the city," Rarity spoke out.

"What? But why? I thought he said it was all a nightmare. I get why you'd be suspicious, but don't you think it's going a bit too far in assuming he's the perp?" Twilight asked.

"Think about it! He's the only guy who didn't lose his demonic powers even after the war ended, the demon that's terrorizing the city is topless just like HE was when we found him in those bricks and he still has that temper on him! You saw how he went all demonic on me when he pinned me down!" Rainbow said.

"To be fair, you kinda made him do it because you wouldn't stop slapping him," Fluttershy pointed out.

"Yes, that was a little too… over the top, Rainbow," Rarity said. Rainbow groaned.

"Still, we also have reason to believe he still feels upset about Flash dating Sunset earlier on in the past, but of course, I could be wrong," Pinkie said.

"That's not true! Eternal told me he and Flash were on good terms. He'd never want his friends to get hurt and you saw how he reacted when he heard Flash got hospitalized! He was devastated to hear his friend got hurt," Twilight pointed out.

"How do we know it's not all a facade? He could be faking it, but deep down, he's rejoicing," Rainbow said.

"Rainbow, while Ah can understand yer suspicions, Ah have to disagree with ya on that. I saw the look in his eyes, he was genuinely upset that Flash got hurt," Applejack stated.

“I agree, the poor darling was distraught! If I didn't know any better, I would think that you're holding a personal grudge against him," Rarity said while having a suspicious glare on her face; which was intended for Rainbow.

"Hey! Excuse me for trying to be cautious! It's not my fault the entire city's gone into chaos! They even went and got the military involved, for Pete’s sake!" Rainbow said defensively.

"Not to mention nearly most of the people have been evacuated out of the city. How long do you think we're gonna wind up having to evacuate?" Fluttershy asked.

"I'm not sure, but I wouldn't leave it up to the military to fight this demon roaming around, they won't be able to stop it with, even with their guns or explosives… can they?" Pinkie asked, getting curious.

"Afraid not. Ah saw an article online that just came out recently. Take a look, gals," AJ said, sharing the article on her phone. The girls all read it and all gasped in shock. A military base was attacked by some unknown flaming beast. It said that one of the surviving privates snapped a picture of the beast and the gang was… a bit more baffled than shocked. The picture was a bit blurry, but the beast was right there.

They could make out its topless upper body, the scars under its eyes, and the flaming hair. "No way, that can't be! It says not even the explosives could kill it!" Pinkie exclaimed.

“It’s unstoppable! Now we know why Daris warned us to stay away from it; nothing in the universe can stand up to it.” Twilight stated.

"Except fer demons or even creatures of light," AJ said. "But we're fresh outta those an' Inferno was one of the best demon hunters."

"True, but remember. Discord, that misshapen thing in Equestria, said that we can bring back Inferno with these "Demon Crystals" and a "Moon Gem." Twilight pointed out.

"But where are we going to find a Moon Gem? We don't even know where to start looking," Fluttershy said.

"That's true. I doubt there's any Moon Gems in our world. But… what if there's a Moon Gem back in Equestria?" Twilight asked.

“That’s crazy. If somebody in Equestria had found a Moon Gem, Princess Twilight would have told us.” Rainbow said.

"Well, maybe we can ask Sunset to ask Princess Twilight. They're obviously close friends and she still has that book she uses to message her," Rarity suggested.

"It's worth a shot. I'll give her a text and ask her," Twilight said.

"Alright. And Twilight," Pinkie said. "Don't tell Sunset about what we said about Eternal. It's clear she loves him very much and the last thing we want is to hurt her. Okay?"

"Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye," Twilight Pinkie-promised. The hyper party planner nodded.

"Alright. That's all we have to say for now. Take care, Twilight. And same to all of you," Pinkie said before waving goodbye.

"Catch ya later," Rainbow said.

"Goodbye," Rarity said.

"Buh-bye," Fluttershy said.

"Take care now," Applejack said.

"Bye, everyone," Twilight replied before hanging up, along with the rest of the girls. She sighed and texted Sunset, asking to contact her pony self about a Moon Gem and where to find one, then went back to reading her books. Still, she felt a little guilty about having her own suspicions about Eternal. She didn't want to believe, but between everything that's happened so far, there might be some truth to all this.

"Let's hope the worst doesn't come to pass," she said to herself.