• Published 25th Jun 2020
  • 1,183 Views, 42 Comments

Wrath of Grogar - Israel Yabuki

  • ...
6
 42
 1,183

The Dark Truth

Author's Note:

apologies for the long wait, but here's another chapter to my series. Be sure to thank TheShadowKnight for helping me out with this and as always... thank you for your patience and support, be sure to stay tuned for more chapters to come and keep on bronying on.

The evil and wicked demon ram, Grogar has risen once again and he's back with a vengeance, stronger and more powerful than ever before. But even with his newfound strength, the unstoppable wraith was not going to allow this demonic ram, and hated arch enemy, anywhere near the remaining humans who've all safely evacuated the city.

Inferno tossed Grogar through a couple of buildings, before he rammed the demon through several more. Grogar then grabbed the wraith’s entire head in his hand and then with his supernatural strength, he ripped the head clean off Inferno’s shoulders.

The demonic ram breathed heavily, while also grinning at his short-lived victory, until the headless body of the wraith grabs onto the hand where his head is and then he uppercuts Grogar in the gut, forcing the demon to release his head, and is sent flying into the air.

Inferno’s headless body catches his head before it hits the ground and then places it back in its proper place. After placing on and adjusting his head back in place, the young wraith circles his head around, stretching his neck and releasing any tension it in; since he just had his head ripped off.

“Well… That’s new.” The wraith said, casually. And without a second to lose, Inferno lifted off into the air.

Grogar continued to sped through the air after being struck by a heavy blow, until he was able to halt and readjust himself in the air. But when he did that, Inferno appeared or had teleported behind him and delivered a triple-flip hammer kick to the demon’s back and sent him tumbling to the ground. The impact caused a huge crater deep in the city ruins.

But Grogar was far from done and stood back up, growling in frustration. He scans the skies to find his foe. Once he finds his airborne enemy, he opens up his mouth, creating a massive ball of dark energy and shoots out a pitch black energy beam at Inferno.

Inferno sees the incoming blast and raises his arms up to shield himself as he was engulfed by the dark energy, and looking to be almost disintegrated in the process.

Grogar halts his attack and looks around and sees nothing left of the wraith. But before he could gloat in his victory, he noticed tiny purple sparks and smoke forming in the air. Then before his very eyes, the sparks and smoke quickly formed into the shape of a human, then later formed wings behind it. And just like that, Inferno reappeared in an instant; without a single scratch and burn mark on him.

"Damn! I knew this boy was strong, but to regenerate himself like that?! At this rate, I won't be able to--" Grogar paused for a second and thought of something. Something diabolical. Then, using his other senses, he attempts to scan for any dark energies nearby. Lo and behold, he finds one a short distance away. "I'll deal with you later!" he threatens before heading off to the source of the dark energy.

Inferno watches him run off, and waits a few seconds before he can follow him, thinking he’ll give his prey a head start. And after those few seconds, the wraith now starts to follow after the demon ram.

He keeps a close watch on him while on his tail, wondering where he's going as no humans were down this path. Unless…

Suddenly, he stops right in his tracks and scans the place before calling out. "Come on out! I know you're hiding, Light Ray!"

Sure enough, beneath some of the rubble, a shadow emerged and out came the corrupted man who brought the demon ram into this world. "You called, master?"

"I have a job for you," Grogar said before whispering the rest. "I need you to distract that nuisance of a freak indirectly. Find his meddling friends and… have a little fun with them. Keep them occupied as long as you can, prolong their suffering. Make that freak of nature stay here while I feed on some negative energy."

"Of course," Light bows.

"Good. And for good measure… Here," Grogar puts one of his hands on Light's back and soon, a strong surge of power coarsed through his entire body. Before long, a beacon of dark purple energy fills the sky and Light undergoes a hideous transformation. Golden yellow skin becomes a sinister blue color. His long, red hair becomes wild and feathered out, his body turns bulkier, his eyes turn completely red, teeth turn jagged and two red horns poke out from his forehead. And to top it all off, he sprouts demonic wings and lets out a demonic roar.

Now with his demonic power boost, Light Ray flies off into the direction of the Rainbooms. Grogar watches with glee, laughing evilly. "Those fools will never know what hit them."


Meanwhile, with the Rainbooms themselves, the girls had just finished training the boys on how to use their geode powers. Everyone was feeling confident and even stronger than before.

"You guys sure know how to adapt to your newfound abilities quickly. Gotta say, you might've just gotten 20% cooler," Rainbow commented.

"Now that you boys have a firm grasp on how to use your powers, we should probably head back to the city. Who knows what kind of trouble it could be in right now." Sunset said.

"I'm ready if you're ready," Flash said.

"For Canterlot! For victory! And for the future!" Blazing yelled out. The others all yelled out in a triumphant fashion.

"Alrighty boys and girls, let's move out!" Pinkie said.

"Wait, before we go anywhere…" Heat stopped her before turning to Gloriosa, who's standing outside her cabin. He rushes over to her and hugs her. "Thanks for taking care of us. I know this was tough for you, but we're grateful for everything."

"It's no trouble." Gloriosa hugged back. The two soon broke apart and patted the young man on the shoulder. "Now, go and save the world." She encouraged me.

"No problem. We've got this!" Heat nodded.

Soon, the Rainbooms and the boys all activated their geodes and those who could fly carried the ones who couldn't. But, since Copper Plume had his super speed and is able to control how fast he can run, he didn't need to be carried. Meaning only Halo, Pinkie, Applejack, Rarity, Starlight, Sunset and the Dazzlings were the only ones to be carried.

With everyone present and accounted for, they sped off into the distance, leaving Gloriosa to watch and wave at them with a single tear falling from her eye.

As everyone was making their way back to the city, a burst of some strange, ominous force stopped them halfway.

"Hey! What the hell was that?!" Rainbow asked in surprise.

"Ah dunno, but Ah got that gut feelin' that somethin' ain't right here," AJ said as she puts up her guard firmly.

Suddenly, the gang hears what sounds like ominous, cynical laughter all around them.

"Come on out and show yourself! You don't scare us!" Rainbow Dash yelled out.

"Oh no… I recognize that laugh. Don't tell me…" Sunset said, getting worried. Just then, the gang is sent flying by the same invisible force onto a wide-open grassy plain.

"Welcome to the end of your journey… Rainbooms," a man's voice echoed.

"That doesn't sound too promising," Frostbite said, keeping his eyes peeled.

"Where the hell is he, the damn coward?" Lightning asked, frustrated.

"I'm no coward…" the man's voice echoed again. This time, a dark void opens up in front of the group and out from within it, comes Sunset's corrupt father, Light Ray. But he wasn't the same father she knew and loved. Everyone saw his ugly, demonic new look. He literally looked like a demon from Tartarus. "Surprised to see me, my dear daughter?" Light asked.

"How could you?" Sunset asked, glaring daggers at him. "How could you sell yourself out to that rotten demon ram?! I thought you were better than that!"

"I don't need to be scolded by my own offspring. You wouldn't understand anyways. But I'm sure you know about the true meaning of pain… when I killed your little friend, that foul, rotten, mistake of a prince that bitch, Celestia, brought into this world!" Light gloated.

"Dude… that was low. Like… way low." Aria said with a deep glare.

"I'd have to agree, even by Dazzling standards, that's beyond unforgivable," Adagio pointed out.

"Yeah! You're a bad daddy, you meanie!" Sonata shouted.

"STAY OUT OF THIS!!!" Light shouted back blasting them with a dark projectile. But just then, Flash got in the way and used his energy shield to protect the Dazzlings.

"You listen here, father! Eternal Flames had every right to live his life, even if he was cursed from the day he was born! The only reason you didn't like him was because Celestia married another unicorn stallion other than yourself! While it would've been nice to be born a princess, I'd rather be content with the life I had with you and my mom!" Sunset said.

"You tell him, Sunny!" Halo exclaimed.

"Now look at you. You've reduced yourself to becoming a savage monster who's lost himself to the darkness. You're no daddy of mine, just a mere shadow of your former self. And after we finish you off here, I'll make sure you rot in Tartarus for the REST OF YOUR LIFE!" Sunset shouted as she activated her geode.

The angry daughter then shot a yellow beam of energy at Light Ray, knocking him back. "You'll pay for that, you impudent BRAT!" he roared.

"Everyone, ATTACK!!!" Sunset ordered.

And soon, an all-out battle took place as the gang rushed at the demon beast. The battle began and sparks were flying all over.


Meanwhile, back at CHS, the revived prince and his master sorcerer, Starswirl, are taking in the devastation of the city. Dark clouds filled the sky and thunder could be heard in the distance. Starswirl was still in his usual sorcerer clothing, though it was hard for him to keep himself standing on two feet.

"How do you and your friends manage to walk on two hind hooves?" Starswirl asked.

"They're actually called "feet", master. But that's not important. We've got to find the others and fast or we'll be too late!" Eternal said, helping keep his master up.

"Where should we start looking?" Starswirl asked.

"I got word from Discord that they're at this place called Camp Everfree." Eternal said.

"Who would want to camp in the Everfree Forest?!" Starswirl asked, astonished.

"How should I know? But right now, we've got to find a way to get there." Eternal says, looking around the place. "Damn it I don't think we can find any mode of transportation anywhere!"

And just when all hope seemed lost, they heard the sound of a car beeping, which startled the Pillar of Sorcery. They turn and find that it's Celestia driving up in her car.

"Eternal Flames? What are you doing here? You should be out helping your friends!" the principal pointed out.

"Things got a little complicated after I took the dark magic from Sombra and Chrysalis. Speaking of which, how is she?" Eternal asked.

"Chrysalis?! Here?! And Celestia, how'd you get here? I thought you were gonna wait back in Equestria with the others!" Starswirl pointed out, confused.

"Calm down, master! I'll explain everything. But first," Eternal turns to his mother's human counterpart, leaning against the window. "We're gonna need a ride to Camp Everfree. I've got to regroup with the others so we can bring them back here."

As he was explaining, he noticed that Chrysalis was in the passenger's seat next to Celestia.

"Hello, Chrysalis," he said.

"Hi," Chrysalis waved, not looking at him.

"So… this is where she's been hiding." Starswirl said, glaring at the former queen.

"Master, as much as I don't like her either, she's not our enemy anymore. She's staying with the Celestia of this world. Anyways, can you help us get to Camp Everfree?" Eternal asked.

"Hop in," Celestia nodded. Eternal opened the door and climbed inside, fastening his seatbelt.

"Come on, master!" Eternal urged.

Starswirl inspected the car, not knowing what it could do or if it was friendly or not. "Are you sure this thing is safe?" he asked.

"Just climb in, hurry. It's not gonna bite you," Eternal urged again.

Starswirl didn’t argue and just entered the vehicle without any more questions. Once he entered, he was surprised by how comfy the seat was. Eternal then strapped him in his seatbelt.

"This is so you don't go flying out of the car in case we get into an accident." Eternal said.

"Hold on tight, boys. Next stop, Camp Everfree," Celestia said. She drove everyone out of the neighborhood carefully and after some time, they reached the long, long highway where she sped up and rushed the rest of the way, but not too fast.

From then on, Eternal began to explain to Starswirl about this world and how there are human counterparts of their friends and family in this dimension. Even got to the part about how magic had leaked into this world after Sunset brought it into this world using Princess Twilight's crown and at some point, destroyed the statue outside their school.

Principal Celestia even confirmed all the stories he told. Starswirl was at a loss for words, but was also shocked to hear about a certain group of girls being in this world.

"So, this place is also where the sirens were banished to?" Starswirl asked.

"That's what Sunset explained to me. But after they were beaten, they lost all their magic and had to live out their lives in this world as best they could. They can sing again, but they can't feed off negative energies anymore." Eternal explained.

"I see." Starswirl said.

"So, what's the story with you, Eternal? You don't seem so… dark… and edgy like before." Celestia pointed out.

"Uh, that's because… I don't have my demonic powers anymore." Eternal said.

"What? What happened?" Chrysalis asked, confused.

"I had to give it up. Light Ray was threatening to kill Sunset. His own daughter. I met up with him to give him my demonic powers so she could live. Sunset was spared… but that bastard literally stabbed me in the back and drained all of my demonic energy. In a nutshell… he killed me." Eternal said.

Celestia remained silent to herself, as tears ran down from her eyes. She didn’t know how to feel at that moment. Anger? Sad? Grief? A mix of those in between. She was confused about what to feel because the Eternal that was sitting in the back of the car was not really her Eternal. But that didn’t mean she can’t have these feelings because she couldn’t imagine her own Eternal being taken away from her a second time.

Chrysalis then placed a hand on Tia's shoulder, tenderly rubbing it until Tia was calmed down.

"To clarify, I'm not a ghost or spirit. My friends and family back in Equestria created a formula that resurrected me. After that, Starswirl trained me in limbo for what felt like months or even years when it was actually a few minutes outside of limbo. And now, here we are." Eternal said.

“Well I hope it was a good few minutes for you, cause everything has pretty much gone to chaos in this world. Glad you showed up sooner than you did.” Chrysalis commented.

"How bad has it gotten?" Eternal asked.

“We don’t know? Tia and I were over at our place for half the time. Everyone else went to that ‘Camp Everfree’ place. As for your wraith pal, we don’t know where he is. We haven't heard anything from the girls and the boys since.” Chrysalis replied.

"It's quite possible they could be in danger. If that's the case, then it's a good thing we came here when we did." Starswirl said.

As Eternal and Starswirl were escorted by Principal Celestia and Chrysalis, Inferno was continuing his pursuit of Grogar. With his speed, he would have caught up to him right about now; however, for a second, he didn’t sense Grogar’s energy anymore.

Almost as if it turned off or it was depleting, either way, it was too weak and it blended with the remaining demonic energy in this world’s atmosphere.

The wraith growled with annoyance until, like how it disappeared the first time, he could feel the demon ram’s aura re-emerge in a second. But it felt different than before. As if, it changed in some way.

Not paying any mind to this change, the wraith closes his eyes and heightens his supernatural senses and tries pin-points where this new energy is located. After a second of locating its presence, Inferno finally could sense where this new spark of demonic energy was located.

But when he did, his eyes widened with horror once he learned where the direction of its location was.

Filled with fear and worry, Inferno wastes no time and immediately sped towards the direction of Camp Everfree. Fearing that his friends are in grave danger.

The wraith didn’t stop for anything. In fact, he didn’t notice a certain car that was driving below him.

Meanwhile, in Celestia’s car, the four passengers were driving towards Camp Everfree when out of nowhere, Tia and Chrysalis noticed something flew right above and past them like a speeding bullet.

"Hey, what was that thing up in the air?" Tia asked.

"Beats me. Whatever it was, let's hope it was on our side." Chrysalis said, double worried.


The battle between the gang and Light Ray keeps raging on, but even the forces of good are still having trouble attempting to topple over this mighty foe. Even with the numbers in favor of the good guys, Light Ray's power continues to overwhelm them.

Rarity uses her diamond shield to deflect and protect everyone from Light Ray’s attacks. But she continuously was forced to conjure more of her shields as a single blow from Light Ray’s magic shattered them in an instant.

Lightning Burn, Blazing Waters and Frostbite all combined their attacks to counter Light Ray in a type of Triple Finish blast attack. Light Ray blocked the attack by using his arms, unable to counter it in time. His arms stung from their combined efforts.

As he was stunned, Rainbow Dash and Copper Plume used their super-speed to rush towards Light Ray and hit him in a series of hit-and-run attacks; kicking and punching him before running away from him before he could grab them, then they repeated their attack.

Fluttershy, using her special abilities to talk to animals, she takes it to the next level by connecting her mind and heart with the animals in the surrounding area, having flocks of birds attack from high above.

Pinkie continuously sent explosive confetti or sprinkles at Light Ray, with the explosions doing only minimal damage, but they were blinding him. Twilight used her telekinesis to hurdle large boulders at the blinded demon. Sunset hitched a ride on one of the boulders.

As she got close enough she leaped up and blasted her demonized father with her magic golden light powers. From that close range, her father felt the sharp impact of the attack and roared in pain, almost stumbling forward.

Halo and Flash ran straight forward, Halo shooting his lasers at the monster as a means to distract him. Flash flew up high and dove down, landing a solid downward slash on the gigantic barbarian, making it roar in pain again.

In a fit of rage, Light Ray unleashed a giant, earth-rattling roar, along with a dark energy wave, sending nearly everyone flying back from this monstrous threat. But then, Heat got in front of his friends and spread out his giant wings as a way to shield everyone. Even despite his lack of muscles, he persevered and flapped his wings to seize the fierce winds.

With Light Ray in his blind rage, Israel leaped out in front and activated his powers. He cupped his hands together and blasted a wave of stars at his demonic foe. The blast was enough to make him skid back a few feet.

Before Light Ray was even given a chance to take a breath, Starlight used her Equestrian magic to levitate herself in the air before she then used her magic to lift many boulders off the ground and uprooted some nearby trees. Then with the wave of her hand, she sent them all barreling towards Light Ray and bashing him nonstop.

Applejack waited until the coast was clear until she ran out and delivered a sucker punch uppercut, sending Light Ray flying backwards and falling flat on his back thanks to her amazing super strength.

"Nice shot, Applejack! You too, Starlight. Now, let's combine our strengths together and put this monster down once and for all!" Sunset said.

The girls and even the boys surround Light Ray in the form of a circle. As they prepare their final group assault, however… Light Ray quickly recovers and causes a major dark explosion using the dark magic around him. The entire gang takes the full frontal assault of the attack and winds up injured big time in the process.

After the explosion faded away, all that was left was a giant creator and in the center stood the demon-transformed adversary, panting heavily, laughing triumphantly. All around the creator, the entire gang lay on the ground, having taken serious damage from the blast. Some of them were knocked out.

Sunset, with her limited strength, slowly lifted her head up, glaring up at her monster of a father, clenching her fists.

"Damn it! I… won't… let him… win this!" she strained to say, trying to keep herself up. She watches at this abomination of a parent walks towards her, grinning down at her.

"What a shame… Sunset. But you know… you brought this all upon yourself. Between failing to become a princess and having to off your pathetic little boyfriend… you might as well give up. Or if you'd like… you could always join the winning side," Light gloated.

Sunset looked up to her bastard of a father with a hateful glare. “Go… To… Hell!” She responded, strainfully.

"Such a waste. Oh well… farewell, my daughter," Light aimed his hand at Sunset, preparing one last attack. Sunset wanted to move, but couldn't. Her body was too injured to move, let alone stand up.

'Eternal… I'm sorry… Please, forgive me,' she thought as she accepted her fate.

As Light's attack was being launched… an unexpected light blinded both parties. Sunset forced her eyes to adjust to what was happening. And to her shock, she saw a familiar face standing right before her eyes.

That long, red hair, snow white skin, sapphire blue eyes. There was no doubt who this was…

"Eternal. . . Flames!" Sunset uttered before collapsing from the pain.

What she didn't see was that he had blocked Light's attack with nothing but his right fist, which he had coated in a scorching flame. In fact, his whole right arm was engulfed in a flame, yet it didn't hurt the young prince.

"How?! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD!!!" Light yelled, shocked to see him breathing.

Eternal doesn't respond with words, just an enraged growl followed by a fierce, fiery punch from his left fist, landing piercing damage on his demonic foe.

"Eternal! Back away! Now!" Starswirl shouted as he leaped in and sent the demonized foe hurdling 30 feet away with a powerful magic lunar blast from his hands. Light Ray screeches in agony from the heavy damage he sustained.

"You… h-h-how'd you get here… s-s-so quick?" Twilight asks, getting on her knees.

"You can thank him, he found us along the way and brought us here while we were being driven to the campsite." Eternal pointed over up in the sky. Twilight looked up and noticed Inferno hovering in the air. Starlight looked up and gasped.

"I…Inferno! Inferno, thank goodness!" Starlight called out.

Inferno could hear her call as he turned to look down to her, a small smile could be seen on his face, as he was relieved to see Starlight still had her life; however that smile soon deteriorated when he saw the bruises and scratches on her. A hateful glare formed on his face as he soon turned his attention on the one he truly believed was responsible.

“LIGHT RAY!” Inferno growled. “You and I have unfinished business!” He declared; as he clearly remembers the one who had framed him of a terrible crime so long ago; and who was responsible for Eternal’s death. Soon Inferno descended down to the ground, as he landed next to Eternal; standing side-by-side with his brother-in-arms.

"You made a big mistake, Light Ray! You've sunk lower than anyone else in the world. From the time you caused my death at birth… up until you almost killed my friends and your daughter… my beloved. For what you've done… we… will make you… SUFFER!" Eternal said with a fiery vengeance burning within him.

"I second that notion. You've become an abomination to all life here and in Equestria. For that… you will serve your punishment for as long as you live," Starswirl said, aiding his student and the wraith, ready to fight.

"I will not let a bunch of half-wits beat me! I'VE COME TOO FAR TO LOSE! I WILL HAVE WHAT I CRAVE MOST OF ALL!!! AND NO ONE CAN STOP ME!!! NO ONE!!! NO OOOOOOOONE!!!" Light Ray shouted, his magic aura shooting through the roof. He now reaches his maximum strength, ready to take on the trio alone.

"What power! Where did he get this kind of strength?!" Eternal asked.

"His hubris… and a hint of that wretched demonic magic aura. I'm afraid we can't put a dent in him in his current state. Inferno, can you take this for us until he's weakened enough?" Starswirl asked.

Inferno looked towards the sorcerer before he then looked towards Eternal. “No. We fight… Together.” He raised his hand towards his brother-in-arms. “Let us rid this demon from our past, Eternal.”

"As you wish… brother," Eternal grinned. And soon after, parts of his body ignite on fire, ready for battle.

"This should help you in the long run," Starswirl then put a spell on Eternal, giving his fire power a new color, from the usual red and yellow, to a more nocturnal midnight blue and glowing white color instead. "These lunar flames should pack more punch than your normal flames. Now… make me proud while I aid your friends."

"Thanks, master," Eternal nodded. The prince then leaped into action with his wraith brother. At the same time, Light Ray roared an inhuman roar, charging at the two boys. Light prepares two separate magic blasts from each hand while both boys countered with their own magic-enhanced punches. The clash causes a shockwave that shakes the entire area. Light then pulled away due to the stinging sensation from the lunar fire punches.

But he didn't plan on backing out of the fight just yet. He inhales and blasts out a massive dark energy blast at the two. Inferno charges straight towards the incoming blast just before he halts in place and then raises his hand up towards it in mere nanoseconds as the attack collides with his hand and the attack is stopped in place, as if it had hit a wall, and pushed Inferno back a little by a few feet. Soon Inferno began absorbing the energy of the attack and soon with a shove of his hand, he sent the attack straight back to Light Ray.

The counterattack soon struck Light Ray, sending him flying back and tumbling across the ground. Eternal rushed in, coating his entire body in a lunar flame. He leaps up high in the air, then dives down onto his target.

As he lands on top of the beast, he increases his flames, scorching his foe all over. Light screeched in pain and tried to swat him off, but he jumped away just in time to watch as the moon-flames ate away at his cursed, demonic body.

However, this only angered him further as he rose up, roaring in a fit of rage. This time, he was gonna get down to business. Raising both hands in the air, he begins to form another magic blast. Only this time, the magic ball took the form of a giant, purple skull with red eyes. Something about this attack gave out an ominous, dangerous vibe that couldn't be described.

With a roar of rage, Light Ray launched the attack straight towards the two boys. In a split second, Inferno once again flies towards the attack and then he raises his arms up to catch the incoming attack and keeps it from reaching the ground. The attack proved to be so powerful as Inferno felt himself pushed back from the force of the attack when he caught it. The wraith then uses his energy nullification ability and he negates the energy behind the attack, causing it to die out and reduced to nothing.

"I don't know what that attack was, but I just hope we've seen the last of it. Now, how about I show you what a real finisher is like." Eternal said. He shouts at the top of his lungs, surrounding his entire being in a lunar flame. But this time, his flames took shape, morphing in the silhouette of some kind of bird… possibly a phoenix.

With one quick step, he rushes at the exhausted Light Ray, who now has to recharge. Eternal circles around the injured, exhausted demon, creating a lunar, fiery vortex that traps him inside, nowhere to run.

By this point, everyone else had regained consciousness and got their strength back, thanks to Starswirl's aid. They couldn't believe their eyes of what was happening.

"What the hell is that?" Frostbite asked.

"I dunno, but I hope it's someone from our side," Flash said.

"It is someone from our side." Sunset assured, getting everyone's attention. Her teary-eyed smile speaking wonders to the group. "He's back… Eternal Flames… he’s back."

"Eternal? Wait, seriously?! He's doing this?!" Rainbow asked in shock.

Before anyone could respond, Eternal rose up to the sky, then dove down in the center of the fiery vortex. He lets out a fierce battle cry while Light Ray roars at him, unable to do anything. At the moment of impact, Starswirl surrounded the others with a force field as an explosion rang out throughout the field.

The weakened demon screeched in agony, its cries for help echoing in the air. When the explosion died down, Light Ray was now laying on the ground… his demonic aura leaving his body through his gaping mouth in the form of a nasty black mass vapor.

His demonized body returned to its normal human form slowly. His whole body completely topless and covered in bruises and cuts, his pants torn up, but still able to cover up most of his lower body.

Eternal stood above his fallen foe, panting from the intensity of his last attack. His lunar flames were now gone, returned to their normal red and yellow colors. It's okay, though. He didn't need them anymore.

"That'll teach you not to mess… with me or my friends. And if you EVER… try to harm my beloved Sunset again. Then next time… I'll kill you," Eternal said, slightly exhausted. He kicks the downed man to rub salt on his wounds.

Inferno watched from a couple of yards, unfazed by the explosion… well… except for the lingering embers on his hat. Luckily, Starlight came up and blew it out and patted him on the head, smiling at her loved one.

"Thought I'd blow it out. Don't want you to lose your favorite hat." she said.

Inferno chuckled lightly in response. “Thank you, Starlight,” he said before he walked over towards Eternal, while he gave a small glance towards the weakened and powerless Light Ray, and then he turned his gaze towards his brother-in-arms.

Eternal heard his friend approaching as he turned around to face him.

“I can no longer sense the demonic energy within him. His powers have been fully eradicated from his body.” Inferno informs Eternal.

"Good. Now all we gotta do is drag this menace to the Canterlot dungeons back home," Eternal said, glaring down at Light.

"Wait!" Sunset yelled out, walking up to the boys. "First… I need to dig up some of my father's secrets first. You don't mind, do you?" she asks Inferno.

“As much as I want to devour his soul for what he did to me long ago… But… I am a bit curious too. You may proceed.” the wraith replied.

"Thank you, Inferno." she nodded. Sunset then gripped her geode, activating its powers and she put her hand on her father's hand. Her eyes turned white for a few seconds. In those few seconds, she saw… everything.

( Inside Light Ray’s memories. )

"You know, dear… being with you these past few months… well, I think this feels more like home than even a thousand castles ever will." Light said to his wife.

"I'm happy you feel that way. And I want you to be happy, too. Which is why I have some amazing news to share." his wife replied. She urged him to come closer and he leans in, hearing the bestest news of all. "I'm pregnant."

"Really?!" Light asked excitedly and she nodded. He hugs her and spins her in the air, laughing with joy. "This is wonderful!!! When did this happen?"

"About… 3 weeks ago. And we'll be having our little bundle of joy in almost a year." she said.

"That's great, honey. Anyways… Thanks for dinner, it was great." Light replied.

"You're welcome, love. Well, I'd better get to cleaning." she said.

"Oh no, no, no, allow me." Light insisted.

"Wha… you sure?"

"Of course, no need to worry." Light assured. Though she was hesitant, she allowed her husband to clean up the dinner table and went straight to bed.

The flashback later showed Light Ray sleeping next to his wife, then in his dreams… things took a dark turn.

"Her… pregnant with your child? Have you really given up that easily?" A demonic voice echoed in the dark void of his dreams.

"Wha… who's there? And how dare you! Show yourself!" Light yelled.

"Why settle down with some ordinary mare when you had your sights set on the mare of all mares? You know you wanted her," the voice echoed again.

"Shut up! I've already made peace with my failed love life with Celestia! And who are you to butt into my life?" Light asked defensively.

"Just someone who wants what's best for you. Are you really going to settle down without putting up much of a fight? You loved that princess to death! Did you not?" the voice continued.

Light Ray was growing tired and frustrated and decided to humor this mysterious, rude being. "Fine, yes, I used to hold a torch for Princess Celestia, but there's nothing I can do now! Besides, I'm married now, happily at that!"

The mysterious voice laughed. "Or so you claim. You can't hide the conflict within your very heart and soul."

“How about you silence yourself! And get out of my business!” Light Ray shouted in rage, nearly losing his patience with whoever was talking to him.

"Fine, but… what if I were to tell you… that there was a way to get what you wanted? A way to take back what rightfully belonged to you? A way… to make Princess Celestia fall for you?" the voice counter-argued.

"And why should I listen to you? For all I know, you're just a liar!" Light argued back.

"Oh? Then what do you call this?" The voice then revealed a holo-projection of what was going on in the castle of Canterlot. It showed Blaze Burn and Celestia getting into an argument and she was NOT letting up on her husband.

"Do you have ANY idea how long I've been waiting for that?! What the Tartarus is wrong with you, you miserable fiend! What have you got against what I want?" Celestia rambled on in a fit of rage, shaking her husband violently.

"T-T-Tia, calm down! I told you, it's not healthy for you! Think of our child AND your health! Do you know what that'd do to your body if you ate too much of it?" Blaze argued back, trying to calm her down.

"Wha… Oh, no… you did NOT just say that! Are you saying I eat way too much cake? Are you calling me fat? Go on! Say it! I… Bucking… DARE YOU!" she snarled through her teeth.

"I didn't say that!" Blaze said, face-hoofing himself. "I'm saying I want our child to be healthy when it's born."

"It's not my fault I've got cravings! If you can't accept the fact that I LOVE cake, then maybe I made a mistake in finding my suitor!" she blabbed out.

But then, a split second after she said that, the mysterious voice made the projection disappear into thin air.

"You see? Celestia has already regretted her decision." the voice said. "Of course, you're more than welcome to decline my offer, but don't blame me if she winds up living… unhappily ever after with an… abusive, neglectful husband."

"You… you don't know that!" Light hesitated.

"Oh? Are you sure? Who knows? But like I said… it's your choice. Win her back… or lose her forever." the voice said before things went quiet.

( Slight timeskip in Light's memories )

In his memories, Light is shown wishing his wife goodnight before both ponies went to bed. Only her stomach is slightly bulged out, which means some time went by after Light's confrontation. And now, it shows Light in a dark void in his dreams.

"I must be out of my mind… alright, I'll… I'll try. But I don't trust you one bit." Light called out into the dark void of his dreams.

"Wonderful! It looks like somepony's finally starting to take the biggest step ever! You were wise to come to me," the voice said.

"Just shut up and tell me what I have to do." Light demanded, already getting bored.

But then… something felt off. The entire dreamscape he was in had changed from pitch black… to blood red and all of a sudden, he sees a shadow overlooking him. Light turns around and spots what looks like a giant ram spirit. His body was entirely black with the exception of his two, glowing red eyes. He can tell this malicious entity was grinning and… chuckling at him.

"Watch yourself, Light Ray… For this is only the beginning of a really long journey. BEHOLD!!!" The spirit then shot a dark beam of magic from his eyes and into Light's eyes. He felt the agonizing pain coarse through his mind and body, as if he felt like he was being ripped apart from the inside out. "Now… open your heart! Surrender it to the darkness! BECOME DARKNESS ITSELF!!!" the dark ram spirit commanded.

After that, the ritual was complete.

From then on, it showed Light's memories fast forwarding to how he changed from that day on. From being a sincere, honest, kind, caring, hard-working stallion… to a ruthless, harsh and atrocious jerk. And yet somehow, he kept up his facade of being a loving husband while plotting to kill Blaze Burn.

Then… It shows him in the hospital, disguised as one of the doctors, delivering Celestia's first born child, Eternal Flames… then injecting a lethal poison into the baby without anyone looking.

It then shows him sneaking into the castle years later and murdering Blaze Burn via fatal stab wound as well as harsh magic electrocution. And then is shown later to be hiding as he observed a young Inferno Blaze taking the fall for his crime; with sinister glee.

(End of Light's memories )

After peeking into Light's memories, Sunset felt a whole flood of emotions coarsing through her right now. Anger, sadness, sympathy, astonishment, resentment.

"All this time… All this time… my own father… was just another victim of Grogar's sick, twisted little game." Sunset said.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold up. Are you saying your dad became this ugly monster… because of another ugly monster?" Aria asked.

"That ugly monster… also resulted in getting my boyfriend's father killed. And he's also the reason why Eternal Flames died at birth… and then reborn with demon blood," Sunset pointed out, clenching her fist.

"But… Why, though? Why do all of this if he knows it'll make their lives miserable?" Sonata asked, not getting it.

"Because that's how Grogar gains power." Eternal points out. "He's a demon among demons and like any other demon, they grow stronger with every negative emotion they feed off of. And so far, we've fallen for every dirty trick he's thrown at us and now he's back."

"That's right. To think… Grogar manipulated and possessed my father and caused him to kill Blaze Burn that day. I'm sorry, Eternal." Sunset said.

"You're not at fault here, Sunset. But I believe I know someone who's willing to tear that bastard apart… after the trouble they put him through," Eternal turns to Inferno.

Everyone turned towards the wraith, who surprisingly remained silent above the rest of them. But his body language and his fists tightening, made them all aware that he was absolutely livid.

As Starlight was reaching her hand up to his shoulder, Inferno's wings immediately opened up and the wraith took to the sky with tremendous speeds. He rose to about 1,000 feet before he halted and hovered in the air.

Soon he started to growl and his body emitted his dark aura as dark lightning sparked from his body. Then in an instant, the wraith let out a roar of pure, unadulterated rage. His roar was so powerful, that his magic was causing lightning to strike from the dark clouds that spread across the entire city.

His anger was now too immense for his sanity to contain. Of course it was Grogar. It had ALWAYS been Grogar! First the demon murdered his father right in front of him, and he had the nerve to ruin his life even further by possessing an innocent man to frame him for a crime he never committed! It was almost like Grogar took deep pleasure in seeing him suffer and in pain. He could’ve picked anyone in the whole universe, but yet he chose him specifically.

Everyone on the ground could see the light show that Inferno had caused, and not one of them ignored the hate and despair in his roar. Starlight, Sunset, and Eternal knew how much Inferno hated Grogar. And knowing about this truth, only angered him even more.

"I knew this would happen if it ever came to light." Starlight said, worried for Inferno.

"Which is precisely why we need to calm him down. HEY! COME DOWN HERE!" Starswirl called out.

"Inferno!!!" Eternal shouted. "I understand you're enraged by all this, but if you wanna make him pay, then save some of that anger for when we confront Grogar head-on!"

Even when he had the ability to hear them from across the world, Inferno blocked them out. For they were not words that he needed to hear. It was not the assurance or the convincing that he wanted to hear.

Even though she could not see him from up above, Starlight knew that Inferno wasn’t listening to them and quite possibly coming down; at least, not instantly. While he displayed his rage for the world to see, she knew that in his heart, he was in pain. He was suffering. The truth was weighing on his mind; knowing that Grogar had always made his life miserable. And the fact that he was never given the time or moment to find peace.

So, she made a statement that had everyone stumped.

“Let's give him time.” Starlight said. The whole group looked at her as if she had grown a second head.

“WHAT!?” They all exclaimed.

“He needs to be given time to calm down.” Starlight proclaimed as she turned towards Starswirl and Eternal. “He's not like you two, nor is he like any of us, or the gods, or anyone. Deep down… He’s still a grieving and broken boy… who’s never given the chance to let go of his pain. And he needs to. He can’t help us if he’s in this state. He has to release his negative emotions, so that he can clear his mind from his past trauma.” She stated; spoken like the guidance counselor that she had always been.

Her statement had everyone speechless and still as they all looked back towards the sky.

Inferno kept letting out his anger, and the storms that he created kept raging on. But eventually, his voice lowered in volume and ferocity as his screams soon died out. His dark aura soon dissipated as every negative emotion that was kept within him, had finally been spent. And this in turn, caused Inferno’s influence over the weather to weaken as the raging lightning strikes eventually disappeared.

The wraith breathed heavily as he slowly, but surely, descended towards the ground. And soon as he landed right in front of the group, they all could see that he had lifted a heavy mountain of emotions… off his shoulders. Starlight approached him and she held her hand up to his cheek as she could see the tears that flowed from his eyes. Then she quietly held him in a comforting embrace as Inferno returned her embrace back, while also crying profusely.

Everyone watched with sadded expressions of sympathy and regret. For his whole life, Inferno was treated as an outlaw, a mercenary, a murderer, a monster, a warrior, a messiah… when no one even stopped to see that he was still a broken and grieving young boy who was shown no mercy or fairness at all.

'It looks like… he's finally come out of his shell.' Starswirl thought.

'That's it, Inferno… let it out. As soon as you're done, we'll get our payback. And this time… it's for the last time,' Eternal thought, clenching his fist. 'Watch out, Grogar… because now… we're coming for you!'

Having finally brought down yet another one of Grogar's pawns and uncovering the atrocious truth behind each and every horrible event, the entire crew now has one more task to complete and hopefully bring peace back into their war-torn world.

Can Inferno regain his composure by the time of the final confrontation? Will our heroes be able to put a stop to the malicious demon ram, or will Grogar succeed in turning this world into the next demon kingdom?

Tune in for the next exciting chapter of Wrath of Grogar!