• Published 20th May 2020
  • 3,850 Views, 100 Comments

Discord's Little Butterfly - Fluskie



What if the Lord of Chaos was reformed in a different way? Perhaps through the younger Element of Kindness?

  • ...
1
 100
 3,850

Chapter 10: Reunited At Last

Dear Diary,

I feel like it’s been years since I have laid a hoof on this book. It sure does bring back many fond memories of me lying outside, listening to the birds chirping, and writing about my day in here. Perhaps I should take some time to look back on old pages once I’m done here.

I’m going to do something different this time. I’m not going to write just about today but also write a recap on the many events that have happened since Princess Celestia’s sister has returned. I don’t think anypony else will read this but myself. (Unless dad decides to take a peek which he is NOT allowed to!) I think this will be interesting to look back on in the future when all of this is in the distant past.

Rainbow Dash was finally awake when I came to visit her today at the hospital
and we talked for a good few hours. It seems like she’s finally starting to turn back into her old self again. The doctor said she needs to stay there for at least a few more weeks, perhaps a month more to recover but I can’t wait to see her out of the hospital and walking again. She was advised not to use her wings once she is released from the hospital for a little while so she was pretty upset about that but I think it’s for the best right now. She’ll find other hobbies and things to do that don’t involve flying.

Dad has changed quite a lot now as well. He actually has loosened the rules in me leaving the house and seeing other ponies. He even tags along with me sometimes. Now that ponies are seeing him freely walking around, they seem to be a bit unsure and scared of him. I’m hoping they warm up to him soon and see that he really isn’t bad anymore. This could be a great way for him to make friends and give himself things to do. I know he doesn’t really care about that stuff but I know it would benefit him a lot.

Princess Celestia and Princess Luna invited me and dad the other day to something called “The Grand Galloping Gala”. It sounds very fancy and delightful. According to Pinkie Pie, it’s a big dance party at night where ponies dress up in formal attire, enjoy desserts, and most of all, chat and dance all night long. Dad hasn’t confirmed if he wants to go but I hope he does. I heard that they’re hosting the gala at the newly built Canterlot Castle and I really would love to see it. Ponyville has also been making a lot of progress in rebuilding so I hope to see more than just the new castle soon.

Twilight has also been doing a lot of research into the elements as of recently and sent a scroll to me earlier saying she might have found a way to repair her element. She told me to drop by Rarity’s boutique and give my element to her so she can study it along with the other elements. Twilight doesn’t currently have her own home so Rarity has offered her to stay there for now. Which reminds me..

I better go now. Me and dad are off to go meet my real parents. Princess Celestia was somehow able to get in contact with them and asked if I wanted to meet them. I said yes but now I’m feeling a little nervous..What if they don’t like me? What if they think badly of me for having the Lord of Chaos as my father? Perhaps I’m just overthinking..

Well, I suppose it’s time for me to go. Wish me luck, future Fluttershy!

Fluttershy put her pencil down as she reread what she wrote in her head, checking for mistakes.

“Fluttershy, it’s time to go! Are you ready?” Discord called from the other room.

“Yes, I am! I’ll be down in a minute!”


“This is the first time I’ve actually been in Cloudsdale like this. Last time I told another pony that they looked at me like I was crazy.” Fluttershy giggled.

“This is my first time as well. I have to say, living in the clouds doesn’t seem that bad. Perhaps you should be looking up here for a future home.” Discord replied. “Not that I’m saying you have to move out anytime soon of course. I enjoy your company, my dear.”

“I think I prefer the ground a little better. There’s not many animals up here apart from birds. I would miss my furry friends down below too much. Besides, I don’t think I’m ready to move out any time soon anyways.”

Fluttershy and Discord walked across the soft clouds for a little more, taking in the many sights of pegasi flying about and cloud houses.

“Did you know that the only type of pony that can walk up here is pegasi? If a unicorn or an earth pony attempted this they would just sink through the clouds until they started to fall through the air. I think it has something to do with the fact pegasus have wings..I’m not quite sure. Then again, I’m walking on clouds and I’m not even a pony myself!”

Discord laughed to himself as he looked down at Fluttershy who was being particularly silent suddenly. His smile disappeared as he saw her frowning down at the clouds, her head lowered with her ears folded.

“What’s wrong, Fluttershy? Was it something I said?” Discord asked.

“No, no, you did nothing wrong. I just..I’m kind of..Scared about meeting my..Um..My real parents.”

“I don’t think you should be scared. I’m sure they’ll love you.”

“M-Maybe but..T-They don’t know that you have been taking care of me for all these years..They might think I’m weird or something..”

“My dear, if they think that then maybe they’re not worth getting to know. Some ponies just aren’t able to accept the truth and if that happens, they’re not worth your time. However, they’re not my parents, they’re yours. What you decide to do is up to you and you alone.”

Fluttershy nodded, thinking on his words as they continued to walk.

“How close are we to their home?” Fluttershy asked.

“I think we’re almost..Ah, I think that’s it!”

Discord pointed with his lion paw to a cozy little purple house on top of the clouds. It oddly enough wasn’t like all the other houses where they were fully made of cloud. This one seemed to be a real house sitting on top. Perhaps her parents had somewhat the same interests in living in a normal house as she did?

Discord and Fluttershy approached the house, walking up to the door. Fluttershy stayed behind Discord as he went to go knock on the door with his eagle claw, stopping it a few inches from the door and looking back at Fluttershy.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Discord asked.

“Y-Yeah..I-I..Um..Could you talk first?..”

“That’s what I’m planning on doing..Although, it might be best if you do it. They might be rather frightened by my appearance.”

“You’re right..” Fluttershy sighed, trotting up to stand beside Discord. “I can’t just hide and expect somepony else to do my responsibilities for me anymore.”

“Uh..Draconequus.”

“Right, ‘draconequus’ to do my responsibilities for me anymore.” Fluttershy corrected herself.

Fluttershy’s yellow hoof moved hesitantly up to the door as Discord backed up behind her. She paused and took a deep breath, doing two quick knocks on the door before backing up a little. She swallowed, watching the door as her mind raced, thinking about different scenarios that could happen any moment now. She suddenly felt Discord’s paw rest on her back as she looked up to see him smiling reassuringly.

“Coming.”

She heard a soft voice, similar to hers, call out from inside the house and hurried trotting. She held her breath when suddenly the door opened and a yellow pegasus with a dark pink mane and teal glasses peeked her head out. Her eyes widened when she spotted Fluttershy, her mouth hanging open a little as she stared at her.

“A-Alice?..Is that you?” The mare asked.

“Alice? There’s no Alice here but I could ask the Mad Hatter for you.” Discord replied, grinning smugly as he tipped a top hat on his head to the pony.

“D-Discord?..O-Oh no..” The mare began to shake in fear as she bowed her head to them. “I-I’m so sorry for anything we did..P-Please don’t hurt me!”

“Dad..” Fluttershy said sternly.

“What? I didn’t do anything.”

Fluttershy sighed, trotting up to the mare and crouching a little. “You don’t have to worry, he’s not going to hurt you.”

The mare looked up now. “H-How can you be so sure?..”

“Because he’s my father..Well, sort of. I um..Think you’re my real mother?..”

The mare placed her hooves on Fluttershy’s cheeks, looking into her teal eyes and her face. She stroked her cheek softly with her hoof before suddenly pulling Fluttershy into a hug.

“W-Woah!”

“Oh, Alice..I knew it was you..Me and your father were over the moon when the princess told us you were coming here.” The mare said, starting to cry.

“Alice?..Is..Is that my real name?” Fluttershy asked.

“Of course..You’ve had that name since you were born.”

Her mother suddenly stopped hugging her, looking into her face a little confused. “You don’t remember your name?..”

“No..I was..Named Fluttershy. I don’t remember ever being called Alice.” Fluttershy replied.

“Alice is here!” A male voice shouted, not exactly sounding as calm and soft as the mother.

Fluttershy was nearly knocked over when a stallion rushed into her, wrapping her up into a tight embrace. He was slightly taller than her and had a yellow mane that was tied up in a messy bun. He was a pegasus just like her and seemed to be rather more forward than the mother.

“I finally got to meet my older sister, what a treat.” The stallion said, letting her go after a short hug and rubbing her mane with his hoof, messing up her light pink mane.

“Alice, this is your younger brother, Zephyr Breeze.” The mother said, pointing to the stallion.

“U-Um..Hi.” Fluttershy said shyly.

“You’re a lot smaller than I thought you were. Ponies are definitely going to mistake me as the older sibling.” Zephyr said, grinning smugly.

“Alice!”

Fluttershy prepared herself for another pony to almost knock her off her hooves, scrunching her eyes tightly closed when she was surprised to find herself being gently hugged instead. This time it was her father. He was a light teal pegasus with a white pinkish mane and a mustache. One thing seemed to be sure with both of her parents, they were gentle and perhaps a bit shy like she was.

“It’s so good to see you again..I’m so sorry for what happened to you back in Canterlot. Me and your mother were so heart broken when we weren’t able to find you again.” Her father said,

“Look, I don’t mean to be the elephant in the room but Fluttershy is not named Alice. That may have been her name back then but she goes by Fluttershy now.” Discord said abruptly.

“What’s he doing here?..” Fluttershy’s father asked, rather uneasy after noticing Discord was here.

“I’d suggest we sit down for this..This might be a bit of a long story.” Fluttershy said.

“Oh, yes, yes, we have some freshly made cookies and tea inside. Please come in.” Her mother said.


Soon the ponies and draconequus were inside seated at a dining table set up with tea and cookies. Discord had a particularly hard time getting in considering how tall he was but with his chaotic powers, he was able to shrink himself down a little so his antlers wouldn’t get caught on the ceiling. Fluttershy’s family seemed rather uneasy with him around but seemed to trust Fluttershy when she said he wasn’t there to harm them.

As they enjoyed the tea and cookies, Fluttershy explained everything that had happened after Discord had found her in the Canterlot Gardens on the night of the big storm. Everything from her breaking him free from his stone prison with her love, her going to school and him being anxious about it, to even her being an important part in Princess Luna’s return to normal. Her folks seemed pretty impressed with everything she had accomplished and how well Discord had taken care of Fluttershy (even if he hadn’t been the best father sometimes) and seemed to gain somewhat of an appreciation for Discord.

“Wow..I can’t believe you did it all on your own..Especially after being so evil for so many years.” Fluttershy’s mother said.

“Yeah well, certain ponies just seem to have an effect on me.” Discord grinned at Fluttershy.

“Well..Thank you, Discord. Thank you for taking care of our sweet..’Fluttershy’ when we weren’t able to. Although you weren’t the most ideal parent we had in mind to watch over her, you still did your part and cared enough to take care of her. For that, I have more respect for you than I did before.” Fluttershy’s father replied, softly smiling up at Discord.

“So..What does this mean now?..I have you all now but..What about, Discord?” Fluttershy asked.

Both her parents looked at each other and then at Fluttershy.

“Well, we’re all reunited now...What does it mean to you A-..I mean, Fluttershy?” Her mother asked.

Fluttershy looked at her brother and her parents for a moment and then up at Discord. This was one of those difficult life choices wasn’t it..One that would determine her future forever..Well, she already knew what she wanted to choose.

“Discord was the one who raised me from a young foal to a full grown mare..I consider him my father and not only that but my best friend too. He will always be my father just as you all will always be my family. You all played a role in my life so you both and Discord are still my parents and always will be to me.” Fluttershy said.

“Phew, that’s a relief!” Discord said, wiping away some sweat off his forehead with a handkerchief. “I thought you were going to only choose one over the other.”

“Of course not. That wouldn’t be fair to either of you. I love you all.” Fluttershy smiled.

The whole family was suddenly wrapped up in a big group hug, even Discord who seemed a little uncomfortable by all this sudden affection but seemed to warm up to it after awhile.

As the family hugged, Fluttershy could only wonder what the future would bring for her, Discord, and her family. Would it be more jealous younger sisters or something bigger? Fluttershy only knew that she would be alright as long as she, her friends, and Discord were all together to face it.

Author's Note:

Thank you to everyone who has read and followed this fanfic for so long. This was a lot of fun and such a treat to write. Be sure to look for my fanfics in the future if you like stuff like this. For now..Arrivederci :raritywink:

Comments ( 18 )

This is the perfect ending honestly:raritystarry:, I am gonna miss reacting to this:applecry:

Rainbow Dash was finally awake when I came to visit her today at the hospital and we talked for a good few hours. It seems like she’s finally starting to turn back into her old self again. The doctor said she needs to stay there for at least a few more weeks, perhaps a month more to recover but I can’t wait to see her out of the hospital and walking again. She was advised not to use her wings once she is released from the hospital for a little while so she was pretty upset about that but I think it’s for the best right now. She’ll find other hobbies and things to do that don’t involve flying.

Yeah probably she gonna read a book call darling do lol

“Alice, this is your younger brother, Zephyr Breeze.” The mother said, pointing to the stallion.

Omg its zephyr breeze lol this dude 😂

Wow What a story man so fluttershy and discord Is gonna meet the real parents of fluttershy I mean after all this years This should be the time to meet them this was a sweet Reunion this was a nice story keep up the good work

epilogue?

10458169
Actually, that’s a pretty good start to that one episode. I didn’t even notice. Interesting..

10458249
A sequel already? Oh gosh, pffff. I’ll think on it. That might not be for awhile now though because I have another story coming up that will be my main focus for a bit.

Downright heart-warming epilogue. LOVE the work that went into the exchanges, characterizations and wrap-up in the right places. Downright loved Fluttershy's meeting with her biological family and I am glad they showed that sort of appreciation for Discord. I am ALSO glad that Rainbow IS going to make a full recovery and Twi has a lead on repairing the Elements. All in all, a simply beautiful resolution.

I think this was a good end to this story! Rainbow on her way to making a recovery, Twilight figuring out how to get the elements back...and most importantly, Fluttershy being able to meet her biological parents! I'm very glad that her birth parents accepted that her name wasn't the one they had given her anymore...and that she recognized both them and Discord as her familiy.

I really did enjoy this story a lot. Thank you for writing this and sharing it with us! :heart:

Hey, I think the 1 dislike is from a pony that got dragged away in the Canterlot flood. R.I.P

10500395
Lmaaaaoo most likely. I'm not really bothered though. They never told me why they didn't like my story so I don't really care.

Another GREAT story about an AU of the great ChaoticSyd!!!!
Awesome story!!! LOVE IT!!!

A nice story. Would have been interesting to see a bit more interaction between Discord and the other bearers but a very pleasant read overall.

Comment posted by Kevindgb2 deleted Jul 8th, 2021

10892854
That's true, their friendship is strong
But without elements I do not know how much it would serve against a being with absolute control over reality. And the space

OMG I love it. Its so cute

Login or register to comment