• Published 20th May 2020
  • 3,830 Views, 100 Comments

Discord's Little Butterfly - Fluskie



What if the Lord of Chaos was reformed in a different way? Perhaps through the younger Element of Kindness?

  • ...
1
 100
 3,830

Chapter 2: Her Name

Author's Note:

Hello everyone! Thank you for all the support for the first chapter, I appreciate it a lot! ^^ I apologize that this one is a little smaller and was made last minute after I realized that I didn’t give much time for baby Fluttershy to be known. This is to make up for that and I’ll be posting the third chapter very soon. Thank you for reading!

A poof noise sounded throughout the empty space of Discord’s dimension. Well, it wasn’t entirely empty. What else existed in the dimension other than the foal and Discord was floating islands with small exotic flowers growing on them scattered around in the air and some weird floating creatures that none of the pony kind had ever seen before. Except for the foal of course..

There was a big island in the middle among the strange wavy sky that carried a seemingly normal house on it. That definitely couldn’t be right though. This was Discord, why would he have a normal house in a dimension of absolute chaos?

The foal and Discord had poofed in the air and were now gently gliding down to the house Mary Poppins style as Discord carried an umbrella in his claw and the foal in the other.

When they reached the ground, Discord did a rather graceful landing and sighed, wiping at his eyes. He seemed a little emotional still from the beautiful child he held in his arm that had shown him a powerful emotion he had never felt before until now. He had a feeling of wanting to fight for her life and fight for her happiness till the end. It was a powerful emotion that almost overwhelmed him. He could handle it though.

“Well, I never really thought I’d get this far.” He said as he stared at his home in front of him, not really acknowledging the fact that he was no longer encased in stone.

He stared down at the little foal who was looking around at her new surroundings in wonder. This was probably any child’s dream come true to see such ‘impossible creatures’ brought to life in front of their very eyes. Then again, she was being held by Discord who was a mix of many animals. Was it really a surprise? Discord was just happy to have her and couldn’t help but smile.

“Well, I guess I’ll just have to make it work. Besides, it seems like I have my full chaos magic back now,” He said, snapping a tiny bunny with a top hat on and dancing tap dance. “Nothing a little chaos magic can’t do!”

He carried the foal inside, opening the door for himself and shutting it behind him. With a small snap, the lights turned on and immediately it was clear this house wasn’t completely normal like it looked on the outside. Discord and the foal were on the ceiling upside down! The foal seemed to notice it pretty quickly too as she started to cry.

“O-Oh dear, what did I do this time?”

The foal continued to cry as he stared down at her confused, unsure why she was upset.

“Can’t you just tell me what’s wrong? I was able to understand your baby language before but this doesn’t tell me anything!”

But she continued to cry. It started to tick Discord off once again as he sighed, rubbing his face.

“Do you want less chaos?..”

He snapped and suddenly it seemed like gravity shifted as both Discord and the little foal fell off the ceiling and hit the floor. Luckily, Discord broke the foal’s fall and she only bounced and landed on his stomach. Discord however fell on his head and now looked rather dizzy from the impact as little stars seemed to shoot around in a circle around his head as his eyes spun around.

“Woooo..That..Wasn’t a good idea…” He said, soon slamming his head back to the floor. “I’m just..Going to take a..Q-Quick..Nap..Yeah..I think I see Mommy over by those trees..”

The little foal climbed off Discord’s stomach and crawled over to his head. He had his eyes shut as he seemed to have fell asleep to go see his..’Mommy’. He wore a goofy grin on his face as he snored, mumbling a few things in his sleep. The foal wasn’t having it though. She suddenly slapped him particularly hard for somepony of her strength and yelled in her baby language.

“Ahh, Mommy!..Oh.”

He sat up and rubbed his head, seeming like he caught a headache falling on his head.

“Gee, thanks for letting me sleep..” He complained, rubbing his eyes.

A sudden growl came out of nowhere which startled Discord from his sleepiness. He looked over to the foal to see her curiously staring down at her stomach, gripping it with her hooves and looking up at him confused. And then..Discord’s favorite noise..She started to cry.

“Oh shush, you don’t need to cry over everything! You’re just hungry, calm down!”

He scooped up the foal into his arms and began..Furiously shaking her?

“Shut up, please! I can’t stand that stupid noise!”

But his efforts just made her cry even harder as presumed.

“Okay, fine! Just wait a second, I’ll snap you up something.”

He placed her on the floor as he snapped, now grasping some cotton candy on a stick. She stopped crying, amazed by the fluffy pink food on the stick.

“Here you go, I’m sure you’ll enjoy this.” He said, giving the cotton candy to the little foal.

The foal giggled as she took a small nibble off the cotton candy, her eyes immediately lighting up after the first bite. She started to take bigger bites off the cotton candy now, enjoying it perhaps a little too much. By the end of it she was covered in sticky cotton candy from head to hoof. She did a small burp and yawned.

“Seriously, ugh, must I do everything?”

And, in fact he did as her new ‘parent’. He had snapped her and him into a bathroom which was surely not in Discord’s house before. He gave her a bubble bath with many toys such as little boats that floated above the water and even some sea creatures like a little seal and some ducks and fish. And since it was Discord, they even came to life and moved around like they would if they were real.

The bath was a lot easier than Discord had first thought and he was soon figuring out how to put a new diaper on the young one. He struggled a bit but he was able to get it on her nice and snug.

Eventually, he was cradling her in his arms singing her to sleep and rocking her. He waited until he could only hear the soft and gentle inhales of her asleep to finally lie himself on his back on the couch with her asleep on his stomach. He sighed, closing his eyes and lying his head back on the couch.

“I’m definitely never doubting a parent’s job ever again..Parents have a right to be grouchy after these little monsters..” He mumbled to himself.

He placed his lion paw on her back, gently stroking it as he felt it slowly fall and rise a little with each breath.

“I’m never letting those ponies get a hold of you..My dear, Fluttershy.”

Fluttershy..He had never thought that word would ever come out of his mouth. Where did it even come from? He had never heard anyone say that in his life..Yet..It felt so familiar and right to say. Like that was the name she was meant to have. Yes..Fluttershy. It was perfect.