• Published 9th May 2020
  • 1,381 Views, 24 Comments

A Cloudsdale Wedding - Majestical4729



Based on 'A Canterlot Wedding' and motivated by an incomplete fan fiction of the same name.

  • ...
15
 24
 1,381

Chapter 9: Many years later...

"I'm back!" announced Rainbow Dash, as she returned to her cloud-house, and family's home."I finished helping Applejack, and meeting with my best friends, and watching Twilight send her star student Luster off to Ponyville." she continued, before Soarin walked up to her.

"Good to have you back, Rainbow Dash, we really were starting to miss you,"he told his beloved wife.

The next moment, Rainbow and Soarin's children showed up. One of them was their son who had his father's eyes and mane, and his mother's coat. The other was their daughter, who had her mother's eyes and mane, and her father's coat.

"Dad just told us about your wedding story, Mum!" the filly exclaimed.

"And boy, was it awesome!" the colt added.

"Except for the scary part when Lightning put a spell on Dad," the filly nervously mentioned.

"And almost killed him," the colt ended.


Soarin comforted his kids, "To be honest, I was quite shocked and horrified when your mother and her friends told me what happened while I was brainwashed and unconscious. The last thing I remembered before regaining my senses was comforting the imposter without knowing she was an imposter back there, as she thanked me for my comfort, that's when I kind of... fell into a deep sleep."

All the other family members paid full attention to Soarin as he continued,"I guess that while I was in the deep sleep state, I was actually brainwashed. But luckily, your Mum made it right on time to save me,"

"For the fourth time I saved your Dad from falling to his doom," Rainbow Dash added, in a proud tone.

"Right," he told his wife, before turning back to their kids,"Then, as soon as Lightning was gone, I heard your Mum's friends mentioning that Lightning was pretending to be your Mum, I figured that I was with an imposter the entire time before I lost my senses. That's why I never asked them for more details that time when I apologised to them, and re-offered them the special occupations at the wedding as an apology. Before your Mum went on to checking the preparations for the REAL wedding, her friends told me everything that I was unaware of. I thanked them for finding and bringing your REAL Mum back to every creature, before suggesting that they visit every month so we can spend some time with them."


"And that's why Aunt Scootaloo and Gilda visit us every month!" the colt ended.

"That's right," Rainbow answered, before asking, "Now who wants the apple pie from Sweet Apple Acres that I spent days working for Applejack to earn?"

"I do!" Soarin and his daughter exclaimed.

"Not me, I don't like pie," the colt replied.

Rainbow placed the pie down for half of her family to eat, before approaching her son,"I know dear, and don't worry, you're not the only one."

"And I'm glad that Aunt Scootaloo was not the only one suspicious of an imposter like Princess Twilight was during Cadance and Shining Armor's wedding." the colt replied.

"Right..." Rainbow Dash responded, as the day ended.


Author's Note:

Here it is, my first-ever story posted!
I hope everyone who sees it loves it, and will see more of the stories I'll post soon.
I have a passion for writing English narrative stories since I was a pre-teen, but I never dared to post any of them, because I actually disliked attention and fame, and wanted to stay out of media and having accounts other than my email accounts.

This changed on the month I joined Fimfiction, as I was trying to convince the writers of MLP to make countless opposite sex couples cannon, and not just Cheesepie. I figured to just post a comment as a message to Jim Miller, who was confirming things on the final episodes of MLP, on his page in the MLP Wiki, but then I figured that if I wanted him to do as I suggest, I needed to show I have the good values I wanted everyone to have, as the most trusted people are the ones who can show that they maintain good values in every situation. I decided to abandon my desires for no fame by writing and posting stories here, to show my good values, in hopes of making Soarindash, Rarispike, Gallustream and countless other opposite sex couples cannon with children, so all the shippers can be happy.

Comments ( 12 )
Comment posted by Majestical4729 deleted May 7th, 2020

You know the point of a twist is that you're supposed to not tell everyone and let them figure it out, or try to, before you reveal it. You also need help from an editor because...... DAMN.

This changed on the month I joined Fimfiction, as I was trying to convince the writers of MLP to make countless opposite sex couples cannon, and not just Cheesepie. I figured to just post a comment as a message to Jim Miller, who was confirming things on the final episodes of MLP, on his page in the MLP Wiki, but then I figured that if I wanted him to do as I suggest, I needed to show I have the good values I wanted everyone to have, as the most trusted people are the ones who can show that they maintain good values in every situation. I decided to abandon my desires for no fame by writing and posting stories here, to show my good values, in hopes of making Soarindash, Rarispike, Gallustream and countless other opposite sex couples cannon with children, so all the shippers can be happy.

It’s not an original story if you just copy verbatim the plot of something someone else wrote. You can’t just rewrite A Canterlot Wedding and swap the characters and call it your own story.

The point of fan fiction is to take a basic premise provided by the show/comic/movie/book/whatever, and expand on it, making it your own. You can use the canon characters, but don’t just copy an episode plotline verbatim.

A Canterlot Wedding is one of my favorite episodes, but reading this was boring because there were no twists. I knew exactly what was going to happen because you copied the plotline almost word for word.

There’s so many things that episode didn’t address that would make for an interesting story. What is Chrysalis’ origin story? (she gets one in the comics but I don’t like it). How did she know about the gem caves beneath Canterlot if “most ponies have forgotten that these caves even exist.” How long was Cadence an imposter? What happens in the aftermath; does Shining feel guilty for not realizing he was about to marry a bug?

There are over 200 episodes of MLP, and thousands of little details/characters/places you could expand on. And many more Alternate Universes you could create. (Pick a major or minor event that happened in the show, and change it. Then write what happens from there. Instead of Cadence being kidnapped, have Chrysalis kill her instead. Or if that’s too dark, come up with something else.)

I decided to abandon my desires for no fame by writing and posting stories here, to show my good values, in hopes of making Soarindash, Rarispike, Gallustream and countless other opposite sex couples cannon with children, so all the shippers can be happy.

You’ll never make ALL the shippers happy. It’s impossible.

For every one of those ships, there are dozens of others that clash with it. If they came out and said that Rainbow married Soarin, it would upset the people who wanted her to end up with:

  • Quibble (although that was shot down when he had a girlfriend in S9)
  • Zephyr Breeze
  • Spitfire
  • Fleetfoot
  • Derpy (obscure but it’s a thing)
  • Gilda
  • Braeburn (also obscure)
  • Big Mac (semi-popular in the early days, pretty obscure now, especially since he got together with Sugar Belle).
  • The kitchen sink (it’s true, there is artwork on Derpibooru and even stories here on FiMfiction of Dash falling in love with a kitchen sink.)
  • Applejack
  • Twilight
  • Rarity
  • Fluttershy
  • Pinkie Pie
  • Any of the genderswap versions of the mane 5
  • Their own OC
  • And the dozens more Dash/X ships I can’t think of right now.

I love Soarindash. I’ve made dozens of artworks of them, and dozens more inspired by their color palette (very light blue, sky blue, and rainbow). (Delphina34.deviantart.com)

They’re one of the few ships that’s been around since Season 1 and is still getting artwork/stories to this day. The “soarindash” tag on Derpibooru has nearly 5000 artworks under its name, and that’s not even counting the hundreds of fan children people have created for them.

My point is, it’s extremely popular. Hundreds of people have spent the last 9+ years making artworks and writing stories about Dash and Soarin, one of which is the best (and longest) book I’ve ever read. (https://www.fimfiction.net/story/194448/piercing-the-heavens if you’re curious).

You think the show creators aren’t aware that it’s a popular ship? They keep getting little teases in the show, but that’s as far as it’ll get.
One person copying episode plotlines verbatim and swapping out the characters isn’t gonna convince them where thousands of original artworks and stories have failed.

moral

values

you keep using these words - I do not think they mean what you think they mean

I'll be honest m8, your entire page - stories included - sound like the ramblings of someone who just discovered the internet and a dictionary and decided to put their newfound knowledge to work despite not having a clear understanding on structuring or coherency

I to agree with you my friend, I also am a huge fan of SoarinDash CheesePie RariSpick and all the other ships names I love seeing, and it also makes me happy about this story and that writer, may be a bit right on the Soarindash parts except i never ship Dash with Zephyr Breeze,Spitfire,Gilda (never with that) applejack, twilight,and not with rarity, pinkie pie, Fluttershy or anyone of them, but sometimes I do ship her with Big Mac and Bread Burn sometimes, but i do love this story and it is almost similar to the Canterlot Wedding episodes 1 and 2 I LOVED IT ALOT TOO!!!❤️❤️❤️❤️



But i also agree that everyone can vote and choose for who is a good ship with anypony they can think of even me, as long as they like it that's all that matters. Also plus I love this story ALOT and happy about it, but what that writer https://www.fimfiction.net/user/288147/Delphina34 I don't like what she said cause I think everyone can make a story book from a episodes as long as they make it different from it just like this one, as long as she the one who made this makes her happy, and the other readers reading this happy, that's all that matters is what the readers think and like about it.

As I was saying I loved it and a huge Fan of this and I love the last episode of MLP and hope to see the new "MLP Next Generation" shows, that is if they ever make it. :raritywink: May the best writers ships lovers fans have a great story book for all to see.:rainbowdetermined2:


And if you'd like you can see my new post I made and give me your opinions on it and what you think of it and vote on too.:raritystarry: I really want the others to read it and give me they're answers on it. Can you do that please, for a good friend in need?:pinkiehappy:

10226448
We make them stand out by using speech marks and a separate paragraph.

And you're not even consistent in that regard!

Ok this was very cute. But i will say i have to downvote for unoriginality. it kind of reminds me of a play by play of the royal wedding script. which in its own made the story kind of repetitive instead of unique in its own way. but the effort was there. so good on that!

" For the fourth time I saved your Dad from falling to his doom, " Rainbow Dash added, in a proud tone.

Indeed! I really love this element of their relationship. Makes them super cute!

Login or register to comment