• Published 9th May 2020
  • 1,381 Views, 24 Comments

A Cloudsdale Wedding - Majestical4729



Based on 'A Canterlot Wedding' and motivated by an incomplete fan fiction of the same name.

  • ...
15
 24
 1,381

Chapter 6 : Lightning Dust Revealed

"Every creature in this crowd," Twilight began her speech, completely unaware of the expressions on the bride and groom's faces despite how close she was to them.

Every creature was just as oblivious, not noticing Lightning's smirk and Soarin's brainwashed condition.


Meanwhile, in the caves, the real Rainbow had lost all hope."We'll never save him in time!" she sadly cried out.

"We will," Scootaloo assured.

"As soon as we find the way out," Gilda added.

"Found it!" Scootaloo suddenly exclaimed.

The others quickly rushed towards her to see the opening she was looking at.

"Hang on!" Gilda told her pony friends, before lifting both of them to the entrance.


Back at Cloudsdale Park, Princess Twilight was about to pronounce the newly-wed couple,
"Rainbow Dash and Soarin, it's my great pleasure to pronounce you..."

"STOP!" shouted Scootaloo, preventing the speech from continuing. When she appeared, her friend Sweetie Belle face-hoofed herself, like Rarity did at the royal wedding ages ago.

"YOU'RE MAKING A BIG MISTAKE!" Gilda added.

"Uh, can't those two jerks ever stop being so rude?!" Lightning Dust angrily blurted out, accidentally causing every creature to look at her in shock.

Trying to throw off curiosity and suspicion, Lightning Dust pretended to be heartbroken, "I mean...why do they have to ruin my best day ever?!"

The imposter then began to fake her despair by pretending to weep, only to be interrupted by some creature saying,

"Because it is not YOUR best day ever! It's MINE!"

The real Rainbow Dash appeared, revealing herself to every creature, shocking the crowd.

"What?! Rainbow?! Urgh, I never should have trapped them near you!" Lightning could not help but angrily blurt out, causing every creature who heard her words to stare at her in shock and confusion.

"What is going on here?!" Twilight demanded to know.

"She's Lightning Dust!" the real Rainbow Dash exclaimed, "She dyed her coat and mane to impersonate me, tricked me into chasing her to a hidden crystal cave maze where she trapped me and hurt me, and is doing all of that for her own amusement, just like old times!"


Enraged, Lightning took out a spray that washed off her dye colours, revealing her true appearance to the crowd's shock.

"Right you are, RAINBOW DASH!" Lightning sneered, "I told you that we are rivals for life, and I kept my word. We're still rivals, and since you still criticised me even when I changed my ways to endangering only my fellow Washouts and myself, I figured to take it to EXTREME, this time!"

Every creature whimpered upon hearing what Lightning threatened, before she continued,"I actually wanted to hurt JUST YOU, but then I figured it was so not worth it since you're the Element of Loyalty, and the fact that there's nothing more loyal than sacrificing yourself to save who you're loyal to, so I figured,"

She stopped for a second, before using her most wicked, threatening tone,"That the only thing that can make you miserable the most is HURTING EVERY CREATURE YOU LOVE AND CARE ABOUT!STARTING WITH YOUR SPECIAL SOMEPONY!"

Rainbow Dash gasped in horror before crying, "NO! NOT SOARIN!"


"No, you won't." Princess Twilight confronted Lightning Dust, in the same way Celestia confronted Chrysalis long ago.

"You may have succeeded in deceiving us all this time, but now that you have so foolishly revealed your true self, you're going to have to fight ALL of us," Twilight declared, before every creature at the wedding joined her standing up against Lightning.

However, Lightning was not scared one bit, she laughed, "Oh, please! You creatures should have been wiser about where you choose to have big events!"

With that, the wicked pegasus took out a small but powerful marble and threw it to the floor made of clouds. Seconds later, the clouds became extremely soft, before every creature standing on it fell through!

"NO!" Twilight shouted, completely distracted by the situation of every creature incapable of flight falling, that she completely forgot about Lightning Dust.

Gilda grabbed Rainbow's and Scootaloo's hooves to prevent them from falling, as she struggled to deal with the pain caused by the pressure her friends' weight exerted on her claws. To make things worse, Gilda received more pressure, but not the physical kind, as she and her Pegasi friends noticed Lightning Dust purposely pushing a brainwashed and unconscious Soarin off of the platform, causing him to fall to his doom towards Earth!