• Published 9th May 2020
  • 1,381 Views, 24 Comments

A Cloudsdale Wedding - Majestical4729



Based on 'A Canterlot Wedding' and motivated by an incomplete fan fiction of the same name.

  • ...
15
 24
 1,381

Chapter 3 : Suspicious of the 'Bride'

In the kitchen, many chefs including Rumble, Thunderlane's brother, Apple Bloom and her big sister Applejack, were busy making the wedding treats. Scootaloo and Gilda were crossed about their friend not treating them the way they expected, for the worse. They angrily ticked the checklist as the names of the prepared food were announced.

After many apple-flavoured food were checked, Applejack showed up with a big apple pie that heavily resembled the one Soarin bought from her long ago at the Grand Galloping Gala, which was also the one Rainbow Dash saved from hitting the floor.

"And last but not least, the groom's favourite apple pie, RD would help me with some of the chores just to get it for him!" said Applejack.

Apple Bloom then stuffed some apple treats into Scootaloo's mouth after announcing the treats were ready.
"Check!" Scootaloo happily exclaimed, lightened by the food's delightful taste.

Needing some happiness, Gilda took one and complimented how good it tasted. The next moment, 'Rainbow Dash' arrived.

Applejack greeted her 'best friend' with a cowgirl's greeting, "Howdy, RD! Came to check on the food for your big day? Especially your groom's favourite apple pie that you always give him in exchange for helping me do some of the chores every now and then?"

'Rainbow' pretended that she knew Applejack by responding, "Totally! Thanks for preparing all this,"

Apple Bloom then gave 'Rainbow' an apple waffle sample, which 'Rainbow' bitterly tried out,"Awesome! I love it!" she responded.

Gilda and Scootaloo expressed ill feelings towards Rainbow Dash before Apple Bloom gave a packet of apple waffles, and an apple pie to 'Rainbow'.

"Here, feel free to take as much as you want!" Apple Bloom cheerfully told the 'bride'.

"Thanks a lot!" 'Rainbow' replied, before turning away towards the door.

With everything checked in the kitchen, Gilda and Scootaloo left after 'Rainbow Dash' to check on the dresses. They were surprised that they did, as if they did not, they would not see 'Rainbow' throwing all the apple treats, including the apple pie for Soarin, into the trashcan!

"Did you see that?!" Gilda asked Scootaloo.

"Totally, but I can't believe it! My adoptive sister would never do something like that! Only, she used to throw pies away, until she decided to work for Applejack to earn them for Soarin." Scootaloo replied.


The two then headed to their next stop, the Dressing Room, to check on the dresses. Rarity and Sweetie Belle were working together to make the perfect dress for their friend.

When Sweetie Belle asked her what was wrong, Scootaloo angrily muttered, "I just got the feeling that my adoptive sister is pure evil."

"What?! Scootaloo! That's pure ridiculousness! How can you think that the pony that cared about you and protected you after your parents are gone all this time is evil?" Sweetie Belle asked in shock.

"She was lying far worse than she did to me in Ponyville the day she discovered I was a bully," Gilda explained.

"And was a faker back in the kitchen, pretending to love her friends' hard work before throwing it away on purpose behind their backs!" Scootaloo added.

"Oh come on, you know Rainbow Dash isn't like that!" Sweetie Belle told the two.

Speaking of 'Rainbow Dash', the mentioned pony appeared, asking, "Did some creature said my name?"

Rarity greeted her 'friend' as for normal, "Rainbow Dash! Darling! You must be excited about your big day! As your friend and dress maker, I made the dress that I KNOW you will love!" The unicorn revealed a splendid dress made of silk and fabric, that was a modified version of what Rainbow wore at the Royal Wedding. "Isn't it fabulous?" Rarity asked.

"Cool, but not cool enough. It needs to be a lot more dashing, like my ego. And these bridesmaids dresses need to be 50% cooler." 'Rainbow Dash' responded, before leaving.

Rarity was shocked and surprised to see 'Rainbow' acting in ways she could never imagine, pleasing Gilda and Scootaloo, who strongly believed that Rarity would join them being suspicious of 'Rainbow'.

Unfortunately for them, Rarity complimented,"She's acting like a real lady," before going off to work.

Gilda and Scootaloo face-clawed and face-hoofed their respective faces, before following 'Rainbow Dash'.


At the park, Pinkie Pie, Silverstream and Gabby excitedly showed 'Rainbow' the reception plans.
"Here's the music," Pinkie said as she played the DJ Booth.

"The games," Silverstream added as she rolled a dice of a boardgame.

"And the camera!" Gabby finished, snapping a photo of the 'bride'.

"The reception's going to be great, right?!" Pinkie asked 'Rainbow'.

"Right! Great, but not great enough. We need a lot more interesting stuff here, not boring everyday activities. Try putting some more...action here!" 'Rainbow' demanded.

"Of course, Professor Dash!" Silverstream called to her 'loyalty mentor', before getting to work.

The spying Gilda and Scootaloo hid in the clouds and heard everything, with unpleasant looks on their faces.


That evening, Scootaloo visited her best friends to tell them something they never expected.

"I bet you two can guess what I'm thinking." she started out in a normal tome, before switching to an unpleasant tone, "That Rainbow Dash is the worst bride ever after Queen Chrysalis!"

The sentence caused Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle to gasp in complete shock. Apple Bloom then asked, "What in tarnation are you talking about, Scootaloo?! It's your idol that you just criticised!"

"WAS my idol, she ain't my idol anymore! She is so demanding!" Scootaloo clarified, before turning to Sweetie Belle, "Sweetie Belle, don't you even know how much she criticised you and your sister's hard work back there?!"

"She's just deciding the best of the best for her wedding day," Sweetie Belle replied in a calm tone.

"No, she was super selfish and demanding!" Scootaloo blurted out, before turning to Apple Bloom, "Apple Bloom! Do you know after how Rainbow Dash said she loved you and your sister's apple treats, she threw them in a trashcan outside, behind your backs?!"

Apple Bloom warmly replied, "She's just trying to not hurt every creature's feelings."

"NO! She's lying and deceiving all of you!" Sccootaloo shouted, "Open up your eyes!"

"Or maybe you should be the one opening up her eyes," Sweetie Belle returned the words. "You're just being negative and trying to stop the wedding for your own selfish desires."

"I'm not being negative nor selfish!" Scootaloo argued, "You two and every creature else are just being too positive and naive to even realise that maybe this wedding shouldn't even exist!" Scootaloo angrily slammed her hoof onto the table, before storming off.