• Published 9th May 2020
  • 1,381 Views, 24 Comments

A Cloudsdale Wedding - Majestical4729



Based on 'A Canterlot Wedding' and motivated by an incomplete fan fiction of the same name.

  • ...
15
 24
 1,381

Chapter 2 : Meeting in Cloudsdale

The train arrived at Cloudsdale Station, which had changed a lot since Twilight ascended the throne. With many non-pegasi in Equestria, a chain of magical portals which give visitors the ability to walk on clouds were made, for convenience. Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom happily went through the portals, alongside many other creatures. Scootaloo, being a pegasus, did not need to do so as she waited for her best friends from the other side. Upon regrouping, the trio joined the creatures incapable of flight, in a queue for hot-air balloon lifts to Cloudsdale.


When it was finally their turn, the two non-pegasi were excited to finally stand on a cloud and enjoy the view of creatures capable of flight. Thinking that Scootaloo was still interested in similar to flying experiences, they called out to her.

"Look, Scootaloo! The view's amazing!" Apple Bloom exclaimed.

"It's just like flying!" added Sweetie Belle.

Scootaloo did not change one bit. She was still thinking about the wedding.
When they arrived at the Cloud Station, Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom excitedly leapt off the hot air balloon to touch and feel a cloud.

"It's so soft! Like a pillow!" Sweetie Belle said, lying on the floor made of clouds.

"It's like a kingdom of fluffy softness!" squealed Apple Bloom.

"Yeah, yeah, clouds are soft." an unamused Scootaloo responded,"Now let's get going, I need to see my adoptive sister and give her a piece of my mind!" she announced, trotting off to find the soon-to-be married couple.

At Cloudsdale Park, many creatures were helping to prepare the wedding, to Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle's surprise.

"I can't believe this many creatures are actually attending as guests!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed.

"This wedding isn't even a royal one, but it sure is as big as one!" Apple Bloom could not help but say.

"Whatever, girls. Don't forget to keep your eyes open for Rainbow Dash..." Scootaloo told them just before she bumped into Gilda, who angrily responded to the bump.

"I'm sorry I accidentally bumped into you, miss." Scootaloo harshly apologised, "I would have given a more sincere and warm apology if it weren't for this wedding."

"And I would be a lot better if it weren't for this wedding!" Gilda replied, a second before she and Scootaloo wind up saying the same thing without planning to.

"You mean it?! You don't like this wedding? Really?" both of them asked each other.

"Hi, I'm Scootaloo, sorry for bumping into you," Scootaloo introduced herself, before reaching out her hoof to shake Gilda's claw.

"Gilda, from Griffonstone. Good to meet a pony breathing the same air I am now," Gilda introduced herself, shaking Scootaloo's hoof.

"Wait, Gilda? Do you know my adoptive sister Rainbow Dash?" Scootaloo asked.

"Know her? Of course! She's my first friend! And wait, you're her adoptive sister?!" Gilda replied, before asking the question upon remembering what Scootaloo said.

"Yeah, Rainbow Dash took me in when my parents left. She told me about having a griffon friend named Gilda...wait, so you're Gilda the griffon whom Rainbow met at camp, right?" Scootaloo answered before asking a question after her realisation.

"Yes, I'm Gilda, Rainbow Dash's first non-pony friend. We met at Junior Speedsters Flight Camp when I was picked by three nasty colts. We showed them some awesome tricks, knocking them out of the sky, before doing our favourite champ. It's been forever since we last did it." Gilda recalled.

"Well, since we both don't like this wedding because of our friendships with Rainbow Dash, what do you say we go give her a piece of our minds, together?" Scootaloo asked, reaching her hoof out.

Gilda thought for a while before accepting the offer, "You got yourself a deal, young pony." the griffon shook Scootaloo's hoof.


Soarin was busy preparing half of the Wonderbolts for the wedding at the park, when Scootaloo and Gilda showed up, to announce their resentful views towards the wedding.

"If it isn't the Wonderbolts, best fliers in all of Equestria, is it? We have something we'd like to say to Rainbow Dash, and her groom!" the two unhappy wedding guests shouted.

The duo's cruelty made the other Wonderbolts think that they were wedding crashers, and prepared to deal with them until Soarin assured them.

"It's okay, they're Rainbow's friends, and guests." He told his fellow teammates.

Scootaloo and Gilda confronted Soarin about not receiving any special attention from Rainbow Dash.

"My adoptive sister's getting married, and I didn't get to be told about it from her, PERSONALLY!" Scotaloo complained.

"I'm Rainbow's first ever non-pony friend since we were young! And I didn't receive any special letter nor treatment from her!" Gilda joined in, with an expression matching Scootaloo's, and sounding like Dragon Lordess Ember when she was angry.

Soarin gulped before reasoning with his bride's angry friends, "I'm so sorry, she's just too busy with the rest of the preparations to give you the treatments you want, but she still has special places reserved for you in the wedding." he turned to Scootaloo, "Scootaloo, you get to check on the preparations and ensure they go fine, plus, be the flower girl." he then turned to Gilda, "And Gilda, as her first non-pony friend, you get to be Best Mare... or I should say Best Non-Mare? Or the first ever non-pony who gets a role similar to Best Mare in the history of Equestria!"

"Wait, really?!" Gilda and Scootaloo asked in unison in disbelief.

"You can reject the offer if you want to, we can always find some creature else too..." Soarin began, but was cut off by the girls' excited response.

"Thank you so much, Soarin! This means a lot to us!" the two hugged the stallion.

"You're welcome, both of you, and to be honest, it really was Rainbow Dash who suggested the roles. You should thank her." Soarin told the duo.

Realising how polite and honest Soarin is, Gilda and Scootaloo's hatred towards the wedding vanished into thin air.

"We are pleased to get to know you better Soarin, sorry about our behaviour just now," Scootaloo apologised.

"Yeah, we're very sorry. Now we know that Rainbow Dash's getting married to a sweet guy like you, we totally are alright with the wedding, and honoured to get special roles." Gilda added.

Soarin sincerely accepted their apology and told them,"It's alright girls, everything's fine now, and perhaps you both can help check the wedding preparations together."


A second after a warm relationship between the trio was formed, the 'bride' showed up.

"What's going on here?" she asked in a demanding tone.

"Rainbow Dash! It's us!" Gilda and Scootaloo exclaimed in unison.

"For a pony and griffon, you two act like twins," she described them, before walking towards Soarin, acting as if the two girls did not exist.

"So Soars, how's the Bolts?" she asked the groom.

"They're doing fine," Soarin replied, before his 'bride' became closer to him.

Gilda and Scootaloo interfered, "Um, Rainbow Dash?! Hello?! It's us!" the girls asked in unison.

"Your adoptive sister, Scootaloo?" the orange pegasus asked.

"And your first non-pony friend, Gilda? Whom you met at the Junior Speedsters Flight Camp? And do a champ with?" Gilda asked, hoping to be recognised.

'Rainbow Dash' responded, "Oh, okay..." she then walked away with Soarin, leaving a suspicious pair of girls behind.

"Did she just...just..." Scootaloo said in disbelief.

"Acted like we didn't exist?" Gilda finished the sentence for her.

The two then looked at each other, before saying in unison,"Something's not right."