• Published 20th Aug 2012
  • 3,732 Views, 39 Comments

Shields Are Gleaming - Mitslits



What happens when an unexpected visit turns into a disaster?

  • ...
4
 39
 3,732

My Big Brother (Er, Sister?)

Twilight gulped and began a long explanation about the events that had occurred earlier in the day. She apologized profusely for getting her brother turned into a mare.

"But, Twilight, I don't understand. If Big Macintosh turned into a mare, what does that have to do with me?" Shining Armor asked in an embarrassingly high voice. "You didn't cast this spell on me, did you?" Her eyes widened at the sound of her own voice and she cleared her throat desperately, but to no avail.

Twilight Sparkle drew herself up indignantly. To think her own brother, er, sister, would accuse her of turning him into a mare. "Of course not!" she exclaimed. "Really strong spells, like the one I cast on Big Macintosh, have a very strong residual magic. If a pony afflicted with such a strong spell comes into contact with another normal pony well... some of the leftover magic tends to, uh, rub off", she finished.

This sounded reasonable, but it did not make Shining Armor any happier. "Okay, okay. Just reverse the spell. Please?" she begged.

"I would love to. Really, I would but....I can't", Twilight admitted. She quickly took a couple of steps backwards, just to be safe. "One reversal spell a day is all I can handle."

Shining Armor's eyes blazed with anger. This was new. Occasionally as a colt, she had felt aggressive, but this burning rage was a new feeling entirely; it must have been exclusive to mares. She looked at her wife and her sister with a new respect. This couldn't be easy to control all the time. But seeing Twilight demolished the wonder and she felt the anger returning. "Fine. Teach me the reversal spell and I'll do it myself", Shining commanded, stamping her hoof petulantly.

Again, Twilight took a step or two back. "Yeah, about that. See, the spell can only be reversed, taken off, or modified by the original spell-caster which would, unfortunately, be me." Her voice fell to a whisper on the last words.

Shining Armor's thoughts ran rapidly through her mind. "Okay. Alright. Let me get this straight. You, as a favor to Applejack, turned her brother Big Macintosh into a mare. I saw him later that day after he had already been turned into a stallion. He brushed by me and some residual magic from the spell got on me, turning me into a mare. This spell can only be taken off by the original spell-caster, you, Twilight, but you can only do one reversal spell a day which you've already used on Big Mac. Is that about it?" She was trying to remain calm and collect her thoughts but she couldn't.

Twilight could only nod in agreement, unable to trust her voice.

Counting to ten calmed ponies down, right? Shining Armor tried, blowing out deep breaths and counting ever so slowly to ten. Then to twenty. Then to thirty. Until finally she was able to look at Twilight without imagining stabbing her with her horn. This gave her pause. When had she become so violent? No matter. This had to be fixed. And it had to be fixed now. "So. Our story is this. Shining Armor went home because he wasn't feeling well and meanwhile his and Twilight's cousin came to visit. She's related to us on our mother's side and that's why she looks so much like me. She and Cadence are staying together while they wait for Shining Armor to feel better, just in case the sickness is contagious. Got it?"

Twilight nodded. "Got it, Gleaming Shield."

"What did you call me?" Shining Armor asked.

"Gleaming Shield. You have to have a name, right, cousin?" Twilight pointed out.

The newly christened Gleaming Shield nodded glumly. "But it's so...so...girly."

Twilight would have laughed if she wasn't so guilty. "Hate to break it to you, sis, but...you're a mare now."

Gleaming Shield threw herself to the ground, moaning in agony. This day could not possibly get any worse. This was the bottom line. They could sink no farther. And then, incredibly, they did.

Cadence, who had been standing in shock this whole time trying to process this whole situation, spoke up. "Hey, Twilight? You said any pony who came into contact with a pony that was affected would be affected to, right?"

"That's right", Twilight answered promptly. And then the terrible, terrible truth began to dawn on her too. "Oh. My. Celestia. Princess Luna."

Comments ( 13 )

how long before we blast cadence too?

Hehe. Oh boy we here go!

Prince Luna, you mean?

1858842
XD Heh, it's okay. But magic is only so strong. It needs direct physical contact, even the strongest spells, to be passed on. :twilightsmile: Otherwise, yeah, Ponyville would go to hell in a handbasket. XD

1858811As a stallion I think it would actually be Prince Lunar.

1859022 I really prefer Lucien, but that's a bit obscure.

I want to see Celstia's reaction. It would be even better for Gleaming shield if it was the first day of spring, or heat for mares. Or hat if Twilight was hit by an anvil from Ditzy and was in a coma for ten days!? Awesome...

1859022
I believe the fanon name is Prince Artemis, but I'm not positive.

1859039 I guess Artemis could work since its a gender-less name.

Lol hmm I wonder If we are going to see A sister missile instead of a wife missile. Yeh I would've threw my sister pretty far if she did that to me while laughing histarcally. Then maybe done a rarity duck face :duck: before prancing away to flirt with Donut Joe to get free donuts. You know cus all royal guards love donuts lol. :trollestia:

Is this still going? It seems to have stopped.

Or maybe it's just me being impatient. :pinkiecrazy:

Also, Luna. OH DEAR LORD LUNA.

This should be interesting. If it's still going, that is.

"That's right", Twilight answered promptly. And then the terrible, terrible truth began to dawn on her too. "Oh. My. Celestia. Princess Luna."

Oh, please. She got a lot more from Mac that just some magic runoff.

Login or register to comment