• Published 15th Oct 2019
  • 6,528 Views, 260 Comments

Castling Cozy Glow - Silvermyr



Castling is a special move in chess where a player’s rook ends up just next to the king. Thanks to a friend’s kindness, a calculating young filly would end up closer to her princess than she ever thought. But can a filly like Cozy Glow be changed?

  • ...
14
 260
 6,528

Epilogue

Dear Twilight!

I heard about your personal student, and I wanted to congratulate you! I am sure you will do wonders for Cozy Glow, and it is inspiring to see you offering her a second chance. Not many ponies would, I think.

However, I wanted to ask you if you could possibly take on another student? My own little Flurry Heart is approaching the age when she needs magic lessons, and I could think of nopony better to help her perfect her magic than you! Perhaps Flurry and Cozy could study friendship together? Surely it takes at least two for good friendship studies?

I eagerly await you answer. Again, best of luck to you and to Cozy Glow too.

Your Sister-in-Law

Cadance

Comments ( 31 )
vito #1 · Mar 15th, 2020 · · ·

And I already love where this is going.
Funny thing, I'm currently working on a picture involving Flurry, Cozy and Cadance. Can't wait to see the sequel of your story!

Aunt? Shouldn't that be sister-in-law?

Aww, Flurry is growing up so fast!

I read a cozy glow/flurry heart story a few months ago. It was really short and I forget the title, but I remember liking the dynamic between the two. I can see the sequel working out pretty well.

Good job overall. I found myself looking forward to updates throughout, and I'm glad to hear it was enjoyable to write as well. Keep it up!

10193858
It says she had never read since being at to
he orphanage. Seeing that she has written to and received letters from Tirek, this is subltly inconsistent.

This already feels so perfect, I can't imagine how can you possibly write a sequel worthy of this masterpiece of a story - even with all the events that are still yet to be covered. Will most definitely wait for it anyway!

10194216

Cozy really did not know what to do; she was lousy at maps on account of not having read one a single time at the orphanage or after

not having read one = not having read a MAP. You know, reading a map is how you actually say it. She haven't read a single map - has nothing to do with "reading" like reading a book or a letter.

10194222
Strictly speaking that makes sense. We could also consider her "map" in Frenemies but then again you could say that demonstrates her inability to understand them. I just thought it was unnecessarily dramatic since we know she can read words.

10194253
Since this is the second comment about this particular paragraph I get, I have made made some small changes to that part. Just like DORADO says, it was meant to say Cozy cannot use maps very well. Reading words is no issue to her.

10194217
Thank you a lot for your kind words. It always means a lot when someone takes the time to read and comment on my story.

10193899
Why wouldn't he have any money? He doesn't work at the Royal kitchen for free.

10194353
A good question, but he just doesn't have any money on him, that's what story says (and I quote):

"Iv'e got my moments," Rumble grinned. "But I still don't know how we are going to get you on a train. You'll need a ticket, and none of us have any bits… if you can even go by a train at all."

Doesn't necessarily mean that he works for free, maybe he haven't gotten paid yet and wasted his previous pay already, or maybe it's something else. In any case, buying a ticket would mean getting ponies to see Cozy Glow, and the potion effects would only cause suspicion.

Ooo, this is going to be interesting!
Can't wait for the sequel!

10281661
That means a lot, coming from someone like you. Seeing as I like Diamond Tiara a whole lot, it's safe to say that I have read and enjoyed plenty of your stories. Hopefully you continue to like this one until the very end.

I must say I come back to this story every few weeks, the same with "Three gems gems and a scooter". A well written story, that goes from a miserable and lost kid, to a loved and happy one, is one of the best heartwarming motives you can find.
I hope you are well, I can't wait to read the sequel!

10352682
I have som 20 000 words written, so it's getting there.

Strange how I'm writing less when I have nothing to do than when I was dealing with my thesis... I suppose this pandemic crap might have something to do with it.

10580495
You've got that right. Nopony does megalomania quite like Cozy Glow!

I... Others like Vito have said it more eloquently than I could right now, but I freakin love this story. It's just so good in so many way and I love it. This is a really good fic, and I look forward to reading the sequel. Thank you for writing these lovely horse words, it is very pleasing. :heart::pinkiehappy:

10646468
I think even if it wasent ment to there is still a good lesson.
"you wont always be able to do things peacefully sometimes the only way to end the conflict is to end an agressor" using turning to stone as an allegory for killing in defense

This story is so amazing that I want to translate it to Chinese so that there will be more reader could appreciate it.

I promise I would keep all the relevant information and won't try to profit from it.

Waiting for permission if you'd like to give.

11168002
Sure, you can translate it if you want. Just credit me and link to this page if you can. I'm happy you liked the story, and equally happy that you think it's worth translating it.

11168160
Thanks!I'll make sure it.

This was a great read. I enjoyed the consistency of Cozy Glow's ambition and I am already starting the sequel.

Sad to notice that I've never left any comment for this story. How terrible! This is one of my favourite stories on fimfiction and my favourite Cozy fic series, including all its sequels. :twilightblush: Thank you for creating such a wonderful story!

11471259
I'm very happy to see people still read it and find it enjoyable. Thank you for your kind words!

This fic was my first fic I read on fimfiction and also the fic that got me back into reading fiction since middle school! Thank you for starting my fimfiction journey on a high note as I’ve learned so much from this site. But for this fic, I’d say this fic has:
a) inspired me to use my imagination more whether that be with drawing or improv comedy
b) volunteer at and donate to a child development centre to support kids in their formative years
c) volunteer and donate to a homeless shelter because this fic has helped me understand what it can be like to feel unloved and not have a home

This fic (and the sequels) has given me so many wonderful memories. I laughed when Cozy tricked Rumble into tasting rainbows, I teared up when Cozy learned to apologize, I got starry eyes when Cozy got kissed on the cheek by Rumble, I felt anxiety every time Twilight knocked on Cozy’s door, I rooted for Rumble during the cooking competition and I cheered when Sweetie Belle fought to have Cozy unfrozen from stone.

I hope Cozy Glow learns that she doesn’t need power to love herself and be at peace!

11690636
Nothing makes an author happier than knowing that they have inspired people to unleash their own imagination. I'm happy you found my little story worthwhile.

Just once, I wish these types of stories would shit on Celestia given she's the one who actually turned them into stone, not Twilight. I think it tries too hard to make it seem like Twilight made so massive mistake. Yes she isn't blameless but she did pretty well given the circumstances.

Twilight fangirl saltiness aside, cute story. The friendship between Sweetie and Cozy was really sweet. Kind of wish we got some more of Scootaloo and Apple Bloom though. I also like that Cozy doesn't immediately stop trying to be evil. So many of these stories just act like Cozy is completely innocent.

Login or register to comment