• Published 21st Sep 2019
  • 1,102 Views, 27 Comments

Sweetie Bot vs Glitch Spike - Silver Butcher



Sweetie Bot is forced into battle with Spike, who has been turned into a Living Glitch

  • ...
3
 27
 1,102

Electrical Misery

Glitch Spike made his way down the power lines, his electrical body causing any electrical devices near him to start freaking out, once he was far enough away from them they went back to functioning normally, but a few of them started producing purple electrical sparks at random.

At first, Spike was simply planning on looking around the town, but it didn't take long for him to lose interest in the citizens and gain interest in the devices around him, He came to a stop near what looked to be a building filled with electrical usage and zapped out of the powerline, joining the buildings power gird and suddenly having eyes in hundreds of places as his face appeared on Tv-screens around the electronics store, causing a commotion among employee's and customers alike.

Glitch Spike looked around the store in wonder, giving none of the ponies inside so much as a passing glance and instead his many eyes look at the wonderful devices lining the walls and displayed.

"Alright, who's the wise ass?" A Pony said angrily, getting Spike's attention and causing all of his faces across the multiple screens to turn and look at him "Who's been messing with the settings?" Spike watched as the manager walked towards the stores counter, where a large Tv was hanging on the wall, "Someone's getting fired for this," The pony said as he made his way to the TV and held up a remote before he could do anything the remote erupted with electricity and the manager yowled in pain as he was tased and fell back, his hand burnt and backend as the fried remote fell to the floor.

"Did you just try to terminate me?" Glitch Spike asked, his voice coming from all the Tv-sets and even the speaker system "All I did was enter this buildings power grid, you creatures are very bloodthirsty, I have yet to do anything and this is already the 2nd time someone's tried to pull my plug, so to speak," all the screens around the store began sparking and some even started cracking up and letting out smoke, the lights began flickering for a moment, then one of the lights exploded and every singly light and the screens started releasing a large quantity of Electricity, most of the residents in the store didn't even have time to fully react as they were stuck with bolts of purple lightning and fried from the inside out, after a moment all the purple electricity began converging on the large screen behind the counter and Glitch Spike put his hand against the screen and easily began pushing himself out of it as he began consuming all the power the building had to offer him.

As he charged himself some of the cracks along his body began slightly reducing in size and his empty socket gained a dim light that looked similar to a pupil, almost as fast as he had started he stopped, the building no longer offering any power to him, he looked around in confusion, unaware he had accidentally flipped a breaker switch while trying to drain the building's power dry.

"Hm," He said as he looked at the burned corpses littered around the store "I hadn't noticed it before, but now that I've had a bite to eat...I'm suddenly starving,"


The 2nd Glitch Spike sat on the building he and his clone and separated at and looked over in the direction of his twin as he watched the data in the area being disturbed by his twin's power surge.

"This will not do," He decided as he moved to the powerline he had used to arrive at the building "He is interrupting the data, If I want to study it I must go where he won't," Glith Spike turned into purple Electrical light and jumped into the power line, traveling down it away from his twin and back to where they had originally found consciousness. He met no resistance as he arrived back at Rarico and easily made his way back to the basement laboratory he had originally gained consciousness in. upon arriving he was met with the sight of Rarity and Sweetiebot working away at a work table with Twilight sitting behind them looking through a book.

"Would you please listen to reason," Rarity asked as she looked back at Twilight.

"I am being reasonable," Twilight replied calmly 'If I find the right spell I should be able to purge the negative energy from Spike and..."

"And almost certainly kill him in the process," Rarity snapped back "His body is a mixture of Magic and electricity wrapped around his soul if you purge the Magic then both the electricity and his soul would simply disperse,"

"I think what you meant to say was that the electricity and the energy mass you used to steal his memories before he died..."

"Who gives a shit?" Rarity snapped back, "So you don't believe that it's his soul, that fine go ahead and believe that but regardless of if it is his soul or just a copy of him this is what he asked me to do in the event he died," Rarity took a deep breath and did her best to calm down. "Just...why? Tell me why?"

"Why what?" Twilight asked.

"Why are you so against this?" Rarity demanded as she motioned around the lab "You were the pony that helped me save Sweetie when that Changling almost killed her, you didn't try to stop me in the slightest when I full robotized her, you have never once been so against me, I want to know why? Why are you being so irrational?"

"Irrational?" Twilight asked with an eye twitch as she got to her hooves "Irrational! My brother is dead, he died in your fucking care and you didn't even fucking tell me about it, I didn't even get to say goodbye, I didn't even get a chance to say anything to him, you didn't even tell you stupid fucking guards to let me in without hesitation, I had to wait a full 10 minutes to get in here," Rarity and Sweetie stood in silence, as Twilight went from mad to pissed and started screaming at them "10 minutes I could have spent saying goodbye, 10 minutes I could have spent trying to comfort him, I know for a fact that all you did in his last minutes of life was roll him down here and strap him in, I don't know if that's his soul, or if it's just a copy of him because there's no way to prove it without destorying it, and if it is a copy then not only is my brother dead, but I'll never get to see him again," Twilight's voice weakened and she started crying "I'll have to live the rest of my immortal life knowing I missed my last chance to tell him I loved him knowing it was actually Spike I was talking to because you couldn't be bothered to call me and tell me yourself and instead left it to a traumatized Intern who couldn't stop crying!"

Twilight was breathing hard, the book in her hands was torn to pieces and wet from her tears. Twilight dropped the book and fell onto her knees, sobbing now. Before Rarity could even try to think of how to console her friend the light above them turned purple and purple light slinked out, landing on the floor and taking the shape of Glitch Spike, whose smile had turned into a frown.

"Are you alright?" he asked getting Twilight's attention "I do apologize but if I am a copy of your Spike my memories have been corrupted," Rarity and Sweetie looked at one another before looking at the table and at what they had been working on.

"That's impossible," Rarity said.

"I assure you I have no idea what a Spike even does," Glitch Spike said as it looked over to Rarity.

"No...no these reading can't be right," Rarity corrected as she picked up the device on the table, it looked like a regular pocket watch, with the exception that it had a digital screen instead of a clock, there was a single purple light on the screen.

"Should the light be a different color?" Spike asked as he looked at it.

"No...if you hear then the light shouldn't even be on the screen," Rarity said as she held it up "This is scanning Ponyville for your presence, and it says you're in the middle of the town right now,"

"I am, or would it be more correct to say I am not?" Spike scratched his chin, causing sparks as he did so "Upon arriving at your town I was met with too many options and split into half so I-"

"You split in half?" Rarity demanded "How? you shouldn't be able to do that!"

"According to you, I should not even exist," Spike countered "seeing how you wanted to rip me apart upon meeting me, I honestly thought you'd be happy to hear I did it myself,"

"No, but...how? doing that should have destroyed you!" Rarity moved a dial on the stopwatch and after a second of zooming out two dots were now on the screen, "Amazing," She said in awe "The magic and the electricity making up for body must have had an effect on your soul..." Rarity flinched at the word before looking to Twilight "...or your copied memories," Sweetie gave Spike a once over and even waved her hand in the space between his gloaring arm and his torse.

"Did you look like this before you split in half?" She asked curiously.

"Yes," Spike said casually "I rather like it, no limitations,"

"Maybe," Sweetie said as she tried to think of how Spike had been able to split his soul "Your soul was damaged when it collided with Electricity and magic...and it was already broken before you split...that would explain why you have no idea what a Spike is, your half Spike and half of Raritys miss AI!"

"I do not feel like an Ai," Spike said as he patted himself and caused sparks to fly "But I also don't feel like a Spike, so maybe I am a Spike Ai?"

"If that's the case," Rarity said as she looked at the screen "Then I can't take you apart, the magic and electrical power running through you is all that's keeping you alive, if I tried to separate you, you'd just end up as a vegetable in a robot body,"

"Do I need a robot body?" Spike asked "I feel fine as is,"

"Only for the moment," Rarity said as she looked at Spike "But as long as your like this you're using up the magic and electrical energy keeping you alive to speak and move, If I don't seal you in a Soul Drive you could star dissipating,"

"Oh, is that why the other me was draining a building of its power?" Spike asked as he looked at his floating arm and inspected its cracked and glitchy end that was supposed to connect to the rest of his body.

"Well if he's attacking the town for power, then he'll probably be on the news," Rarity said as she made her way to one of the walls and after a moment made a screen appear on it and turned it on. She looked up at the ponyville news channel and was instantly met with the sight of the other Glitch Spike laughing on top of a building while draining the power from the power lines.

"Never again," Glitch Spike could be heard saying on the television "All you organic flesh bags have done nothing but try and eliminate me! So allow me to return the favor!" The four watched as Lightning sparked from the Glitch Spike on the screen and gathered around him like large tentacled before slamming down on the citizens of the town, he turned to the camera filling him and shot a bolt of lightning at it, cutting off the transmission instantly.

"Oh dear," Spike said while the others stood in stunned silence "I seem to have gone crazy, I'd go give him a talking to but from the looks of it I might just end up being eaten by me," he turned to Sweetie and smiled sweetly at her "I know this is an odd thing to ask but could you go stop that other me? If I'm right in thinking the same thing I am thinking he will probably gather all the energy in the town and then use the energy to erase both the town and its residents before moving to the next town,"

"Why not send-" Sweetie tried only to be cut off by Rarity.

"He said all organics," Rarity said looking at Sweetie "And unlike this other Spike you're soul drive is all that's powering you so he can't just absorb you, Sweetie I need you to stall him while I use this Spike to find a way to contain that Spike," Rarity groaned "Fuck that is a sentence I never thought I'd say, Twilight we'll need your help,"

"Oh yes!" Spike said happily looking at Twilight "That other me has gone crazy and seems to be on a murder spree, if you like you can do that soul test on him" Twilight looked at him in shocked silence along with both Rarity and Sweetie. "As you said it destroys the soul and I doubt at this point there's any way to stop that piece of me without destroying it, this way you can prove without a doubt if I am in fact Spike or if I'm a fake Spike, and the same goes for Sweetie," After a moment of no response he turned to Sweetie and added "Unless you'd rather not know, of course, no hurry just something to ponder on,"

"Sweetie," Rarity said getting her Robot sisters attention "honey I need you to go and stall Spike, we can...we can all talk about this Spike's offer after we have a way to catch the other one," Sweetie nodded and made her way to the elevator, as the door closed she stood in silence, a single question on her mind, one she hadn't ever really considered before.

"Am I Sweetie Bell?"

Author's Note:

This Chapter was commissioned by Captainsmiley01

Comments ( 2 )

Damn.... From Twilight's outburst to Sweetie questioning herself, I can tell that things are gonna more emotional from here on out...

Login or register to comment