• Published 3rd Sep 2019
  • 911 Views, 67 Comments

How Vinyl Scratch Met Stevie Wonder - Artist



Vinyl couldn’t come up with the right song, she needed to come up with a song for her platinum record that she was going to sell.

  • ...
 67
 911

12 months later

Author's Note:

Sorry for the time skip, but I needed something for the story to go forward.

So just deal with it if you don’t like it, because, quite frankly, I don’t care!!

This is the end of the story.

Stevie never thought that he would never talk with his friend again and yet it happened.

Ray was sitting on the opposite side of the living room in Vinyl’s house.

“Come on, guys, it’s been 12 months since the gala!” Vinyl exasperated as she walked into the room.

“Yeah, well, we still ain’t speakin’ to each other, it ain’t gonna happen!” Ray fumed.

Vinyl let out exasperated sign.

“Why won’t you 2 just let it go?” The DJ asked.

The room descended into an eerie silence, devoid of any uttered words, save for the subdued sound of Stevie's tearful sobs echoing through the stillness.

Vinyl let out a heavy sigh again and walked out of the living room, she didn’t need this, if those two didn’t wanna talk to each other, fine.

In the kitchen, Vinyl found Octavia preparing lunch

“What’s wrong?” Octavia asked seeing her friend’s angry look.

“Stevie and Ray will not talk to each other, and I don’t know what to do, it’s already been 12 months, so shouldn’t they get over it already?” Vinyl exasperated.

“Well, it might not be quite that simple, I mean Ray did withhold information about Applejack, and how she feels about Stevie!” Octavia said, as she lifted a pot of pasta off the stove with her magic.

“I don’t know, I feel like somethings missing, 12 months ago Stevie told me that he didn’t fit in Equestria, but I don’t think that’s it!” Vinyl said as she brought the plates out and set the table for lunch.

“What about you and Ray?” Octavia asked suddenly.

Vinyl nearly dropped the plate, she was levitating in her magic.

“What about us, do you think there is something between us, well, there isn’t!” Vinyl snapped putting the plate down with so much force that is nearly broke.

“Vinyl, I’m sorry, I didn’t know!” Octavia apologized.

“How could you?” Vinyl angrily stormed out.

“Vinyl, it was only a question!” Octavia said going after her.

“Yeah, well it’s none of your business, and neither Stevie’s!” Vinyl screamed as she ran upstairs.

Octavia let out a heavy sigh, she honestly didn’t know how they were gonna get through lunch without fighting.

She went back into the living room where Ray and Stevie still sat on opposite sides of the room.

“Hey, it’s Octavia, what’s with Vinyl why is she acting so weird?” Octavia asked approaching Ray.

The stallion only shrugged. “I don’t know, haven’t spoken to her about it, why what do you think what’s up?”

“You…. You love her, right?” Octavia asked nervously.

“No, there’s nothing between me and Vinyl.” Ray spoke calmly.

“But….” Octavia trailed off when Ray held up a hoof.

“There is nothing between us, and there ain’t ever gonna be!” Ray spoke as he got up and walked into the kitchen.

Octavia let out a heavy sigh and followed him.

“I know it sounds bazaar, but I’ve never had feelings for Vinyl, she may think differently, but I don’t!” Ray said as he spun around to face Octavia.

“I know, I just don’t want her to be disappointed, like what happened with Applejack!” Octavia spoke as opened the fridge and got out some stuff.


Meanwhile, at Sweet Apple Acres, Apple Bloom was comforting her big sister who was crying on her bed.

“Why doesn’t he just admit that he don’t love me?” Applejack cried into her pillow.

“Ah understand that yerr upset, but it ain’t like there no other stallions.” Apple Bloom calmly spoke.

Applejack set up a properly and stared at her sister in shock.

“"How..." she began, her voice echoing in the cozy room adorned with wooden walls painted in warm, earthy tones. Sunlight streamed through the curtained windows, casting a soft glow on the rustic furniture. "Why would I want another stallion if I can have Stevie!"

"Well, it was just an idea!" Apple Bloom spoke, her small figure surrounded by the charming clutter of apple-themed decorations.

Applejack let out a heavy sigh, the creak of the wooden floor beneath echoing in the room as she lay back down on her straw-stuffed bed.

The scent of fresh apples lingered in the air, a reminder of the orchards just outside.

"Ya don't get it, sugar cube," Applejack continued, her eyes fixed on the worn ceiling beams. "Ever since ah met him, ah loved him." She sniffled, the room embracing the emotions that hung in the air like the sweet aroma of ripening fruit.


In Twilight Sparkle’s opulent Castle of Friendship, adorned with glittering crystal spires and vibrant tapestries depicting magical tales, Spike and Twilight found themselves in the grand throne room. Moonwalker and Rarity joined them, surrounded by the ethereal glow of enchanted gems embedded in the walls.

“I had an enchanting time at the gala!” Moonwalker beamed, the room reflecting the joy in his eyes.

Twilight nodded, the ambient magic in the air making the moment even more magical. “Indeed, but the lingering issue is Stevie and Ray’s feud. Ever since they returned from Canterlot, Stevie has been harboring resentment towards Ray,” Rarity voiced, her words echoing in the spacious, regal chamber.

Moonwalker chimed in, emphasizing the discord. “And for no apparent reason!”

As the discussion unfolded in the Castle of Friendship, the mystical atmosphere seemed to hold the weight of both camaraderie and unresolved tensions.

The group of ponies gathered their belongings and headed out of the castle, the sun casting a warm glow over Ponyville.

The vibrant colors of the town greeted them as they trotted through, a sense of determination in their steps.

Twilight, Spike, and the others were on a mission to visit Vinyl and lift Stevie’s spirits.

The streets were alive with the hustle and bustle of ponies going about their day, unaware of the important journey the friends were about to embark upon.


Vinyl’s house stood at the edge of Ponyville, adorned with vibrant neon lights that reflected her love for music.

The exterior was a mix of modern architecture and whimsical charm, featuring a sleek DJ booth visible through large, soundproof windows.

The front yard boasted an array of speakers and subwoofers, hinting at the lively atmosphere within.

As Twilight, Spike, and their friends approached, the bass thumped in sync with the beats escaping the house, creating an irresistible invitation to the music-filled world inside.

“What’s happening here?” Moonwalker inquired, his eyes widening as he stepped into the living room.

He observed Stevie on one side, his brow furrowed, and Ray on the other, expression unreadable.

Vinyl released a heavy sigh, her shoulders slumping with the weight of the situation.

Octavia, joining the room, chimed in, “It’s a long story.”

Twilight settled onto the couch beside Stevie, concern etched on her face. “We’re here to try and get Stevie and Ray to talk again.”

Moonwalker, with a puzzled expression, approached Ray, asking, “So, tell me what’s up?” Ray turned away, his face a mask of emotional turmoil.

“And now you’re not even talking to me?” Moonwalker questioned, visibly offended, his features reflecting a mix of hurt and confusion.

“We’ve got to find a solution,” Twilight declared to Vinyl.

“But how do we get them to talk again?” Vinyl questioned.

“"Hmm..." Twilight tapped her chin in contemplation, her gaze sweeping across the room, which was adorned with tastefully chosen furniture in warm hues that complemented the gentle ambiance.

A plush, burgundy sofa sat against one wall, its cushions neatly arranged and inviting, while a mahogany coffee table adorned with an assortment of well-thumbed books and a delicate vase of fresh flowers occupied the center of the room.

"I've got an idea," she announced decisively, her lavender eyes alight with determination.

Closing the distance between herself and Ray, Twilight's steps fell soundlessly on the rich, mahogany flooring that gleamed in the soft glow of the room's ambient lighting.

"Ray, you and Stevie need to sort this out, and I'll help you," Twilight assured, her voice a soothing melody that resonated with the harmony of the room's carefully chosen decor.

"I could use your help, Twilight," Ray acknowledged, slowly rising from the plush cushions of a velvety armchair, which cradled him moments before.

Approaching Stevie, Ray took a seat beside him on a loveseat upholstered in a luxurious shade of deep sapphire blue. The fabric felt soft under his hooves as he nervously clasped his hooves together.

"Sorry, didn't mean it. Can you forgive me?" Ray asked sincerely.

Stevie, seated across from Ray, was on a well-crafted wooden chair that matched the coffee table's rich mahogany. The grains of the wood spoke of craftsmanship, each curve and line telling a silent tale of dedication and skill.

"Yeah, I'll forgive you," Stevie nodded understandingly.

Ray and Stevie, in a shared moment of reconciliation, embraced in a hug. The room seemed to hold its breath, the warmth of forgiveness permeating the air.

Twilight looked on in amazement, “Another job well done.” She thought to herself as she sat there.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment